PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Peyton Manning, WR Eric Decker continue to click, look ready for regular season

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Camp facts: Broncos will practice Monday from 8:50-11:30 a.m. at their Dove Valley headquarters. It's open and free to the public. A walkthrough practice from 6-7:20 p.m. is closed to the public.

Highlight: Too bad for Peyton Manning and Eric Decker the regular season is still six weeks away. The quarterback and receiver are working together like they were ready yesterday. On a one-on-one red zone drill, Manning threw a well-timed back-shoulder pass with zip. Decker was blanketed by rookie corner Omar Bolden but the receiver turned as the ball was at his head, fell back and made a terrific catch as he landed on his backside. Score!

Lowlight: During an 11-on-11 drill from the defense's 20, Demaryius Thomas dropped a Manning pass as he was running a crossing pattern in the clear. Manning appears to be in sync with Decker but the quarterback and Thomas could use more time.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_21187621/sports

Davii
07-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I can't wait to get this season underway!

Chef Zambini
07-30-2012, 01:57 AM
I can't wait to get this season underway!call roger, maybe he will start things early for you !

silkamilkamonico
07-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Starting to wonder about Thomas.

CoachChaz
07-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Starting to wonder about Thomas.

Gotta agree. Seems to be around trouble a bit...doesnt seem to work much in the off-season...injury issues...

Who knows. If his game isnt stepped up this year, we may be looking for another receiver. If Eric Decker is your #1...things arent going very well

Ravage!!!
07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
actually, all that I've read is that Thomas is a hard worker.

Northman
07-30-2012, 11:24 AM
The problems with Thomas could be from earlier when he didnt work out with Manning as soon as the other guys. From what i rememeber (maybe it was Carol that posted it) Thomas was hurt or had a hurt hand or something. I think we will be ok once Thomas gets up to speed. Right now it looks like Decker is Manning's favorite target but any defense would be a fool to sleep on Thomas going into the season.

BroncoWave
07-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I don't see any reason to be worried about Thomas. I think Decker is shining more right now because he's a more polished route-runner and natural fit in this offense. The more time DT spends in this offense the better he will get IMO. He has all the physical tools you could ask for in a WR. Assuming he gets the offense and route running down, he could absolutely explode with Manning.

BroncoWave
07-30-2012, 11:29 AM
The problems with Thomas could be from earlier when he didnt work out with Manning as soon as the other guys. From what i rememeber (maybe it was Carol that posted it) Thomas was hurt or had a hurt hand or something. I think we will be ok once Thomas gets up to speed. Right now it looks like Decker is Manning's favorite target but any defense would be a fool to sleep on Thomas going into the season.

100% agreed. The more time Thomas gets with Manning, I only see him getting better. Manning won't let him be lazy or slack off. If he does he won't be in Denver long, but I don't see that being the case.