PDA

View Full Version : Marshall interview

rcsodak
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Wilcots interviewed Marshall this weekend, on his NFL Network spot.
The jest of it, other than Wilcots drooling all over himself with accolades and bias towards the troubled WR, is:

1. He'll show for training camp
a. Says he never received notice of having to be there early, though.
2. Says he's going to be "watching out" for himself. In other words, look for him to NOT play unless he "feels" 100%....and to go down at first contact. No more bulling through tackles.
3. Says he STILL wants out of Denver.

It didn't help that it was Wilcots doing the interview....because I despise him and his views.

But look for 'baby TO' to continue his whining until he gets his way.

Personally, I hope they get a top pick/player for him and he ends up playing on a shit team.

Poss:
Redskins *I'd take Malcolm Kelly + a 1st* lol
Jaguars
Jets
Dolphins
Det
Ravens

BroncoWave
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
As for the bulling through defenders, I would miss those extra yards but maybe that will cut down on his fumbles. I lost track of how many times he has fumbled going for extra yards.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
The jest of it, other than Wilcots drooling all over himself with accolades and bias towards the troubled WR, is:

2. Says he's going to be "watching out" for himself. In other words, look for him to NOT play unless he "feels" 100%....and to go down at first contact. No more bulling through tackles.

It didn't help that it was Wilcots doing the interview....because I despise him and his views.

Personally, I hope they get a top pick/player for him and he ends up playing on a shit team.

Poss:
Jaguars
Jets
Dolphins
Det
Ravens

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_12856662

Broncos' Marshall: I will report on time

Marshall, who requested a trade in June, said he would show up in Denver by July 27, the reporting date for rookies and injured veterans, rather than forfeit any of his salary.

rcsodak
07-20-2009, 09:49 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_12856662

Broncos' Marshall: I will report on time

Marshall, who requested a trade in June, said he would show up in Denver by July 27, the reporting date for rookies and injured veterans, rather than forfeit any of his salary.

Carol, he said he heard it 2nd hand. That the FO said they sent out notice to him, and him saying he never received it.

GEM
07-20-2009, 09:50 PM

Poss:
Jaguars
Jets
Dolphins
Det
Ravens

Wooohoooo total gossip here, but what if....

He still has poor feeling in the hand, the hip is still nowhere near 100% and he's playing it this route because his ass is broke and he needs to get to another contract before teams are able to see right through the injury bs. Oooooh the gossip.

FanInAZ
07-20-2009, 09:55 PM
In short, he needs to take media lessions from Royal.

Italianmobstr7
07-21-2009, 12:26 AM

Poss:
Jaguars
Jets
Dolphins
Det
Ravens

I feel you put a very bias spin on this whole situation... He says he never got the notice. Stuff happens sometimes. I doubt he's too worried about that. Bottom line is that he knows when he's supposed to report and he'll be there on time.

Secondly, just because he says he's going to "watch out for himself" could mean a ton of different things... That doesn't mean he'll stop fighting for extra yards. It's in his blood. It's what he does. It's in his football nature. It's the only way he knows how to play. We'll see what happens when he gets out there.

We're a much better football team with B Marsh on it. There's nothing to argue there. Flat out, point blank with Marshall in Broncos colors, we're a better team. I hope Marshall changes his mind and stays in Denver although that's unlikely. We do hold the cards until 2012 though. Also Redskins cut Malcolm Kelly last year and he's now out of football because he sucks. He's not even close to Marshall's standards. Marshall is an elite player. Top 10 at his position in the league. You may not like his off the field behavior, but he's a very good player with a ton of upside.

SR
07-21-2009, 12:30 AM
^ Couldn't have said it better myself

Elevation inc
07-21-2009, 06:23 AM

Poss:
Jaguars
Jets
Dolphins
Det
Ravens

I love how your interepation of this is supposedly the facts.....:rolleyes:

roomemp
07-21-2009, 06:41 AM
I am starting to really not like Marshall. He is on the outside looking in as far as the team goes. I don't see him in Denver past this year.

CoachChaz
07-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I wont say the "watch out for myself" comment necessarily means what RC defined it as, but...it cant be a positive when we are looking at a TEAM FIRST atmosphere these days.

Elevation inc
07-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I wont say the "watch out for myself" comment necessarily means what RC defined it as, but...it cant be a positive when we are looking at a TEAM FIRST atmosphere these days.

or maybe it means he will simply take care of himself and watch his back from lies and decit of the medical staff.....he just had a misdiagnosed hip injury by denver medical staff.....he could be a saint and i still personally would tell him to watch his back as well......i think the he will watch his back comment is being taken out of context by the soap opera fans..........

i cant say either one is right or wrong, but i certainly wont imply thats the reason just becasue some want to discredit his every word and action at this point

SoCalImport
07-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Seeing what his contract ballooned to last year, "looking out for himself" should be playing his ass off. the only way B.Marsh makes anything close to the 2.2 mill he made last year is with incentives.

LRtagger
07-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Uhhhh didnt Wilcots just write an article about how McDaniels SHOULD TRADE MARSHALL??

Elevation inc
07-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Seeing what his contract ballooned to last year, "looking out for himself" should be playing his ass off. the only way B.Marsh makes anything close to the 2.2 mill he made last year is with incentives.

2.2 million isnt comparable to what he did on the field plain and simple he slaved through a misdiagnosed hip injury by the denver medical staff to make the pro bowl.....

off field stuff aside the guy has earned millions by his play on the field. and in fact if we didnt have goodell there would be no threat of suspension and i would wager many fans wouldnt make such a big deal about his off-field trangressions......

and i agree with you he should play his ass off and prove himself, but whether you like it, or not....he has every right to look out for himself and get money in the cuthroat buisness of the NFL where trainers and doctors lie all the time.....so players continue playing.....AL wilson ring a bell.....perhaps he should have watched out for himself better as well.......marshall could be 1 hit away from injuring that hip permanently....i dont blame him at all for trying to get a new contract and some finacial security.....how he has gone about it and his actions up to now have been immature and uncalled for but like many people all over the world and on thi board he makes mistakes and acts immature.....

i dont condone marshalls actions, but i refuse to join this lynch mob squad type behavior......i hope marshall does play and stays clean for a year, and get his extension so all the haters can go oh weeee we love you now marshall go broncos, you da man....:lol:

LRtagger
07-21-2009, 08:27 AM
yep

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/17/broncos-should-follow-history-and-trade-marshall/

His reasoning: "Good players can spoil on bad teams"...funny, we have been bad the last 2 years and he hasn't spoiled.

Also his other reason to trade Marshall is because "Denver doesn't have a 2010 first round pick". What a moron.

rcsodak
07-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I feel you put a very bias spin on this whole situation... He says he never got the notice. Stuff happens sometimes. I doubt he's too worried about that. Bottom line is that he knows when he's supposed to report and he'll be there on time.

Secondly, just because he says he's going to "watch out for himself" could mean a ton of different things... That doesn't mean he'll stop fighting for extra yards. It's in his blood. It's what he does. It's in his football nature. It's the only way he knows how to play. We'll see what happens when he gets out there.

We're a much better football team with B Marsh on it. There's nothing to argue there. Flat out, point blank with Marshall in Broncos colors, we're a better team. I hope Marshall changes his mind and stays in Denver although that's unlikely. We do hold the cards until 2012 though. Also Redskins cut Malcolm Kelly last year and he's now out of football because he sucks. He's not even close to Marshall's standards. Marshall is an elite player. Top 10 at his position in the league. You may not like his off the field behavior, but he's a very good player with a ton of upside.

1. I guess it's my prerogative to put whatever kind of spin on my post as I want, no?
2. Why is it he's never at fault? Why is it he's the only player that's said he didn't receive it?
3. YOU are putting a spin on his 'looking out for himself', aren't you? Unless you know him personally. Which you don't.
4. NOBODY knows if denver will be better with/without Bmarsh this year. Why? Because we don't know whether or not he's going to be the same player he has been the last 2 yrs!
If he's playing half speed, then he's only taking up a roster spot of a wr that WANTS to be on the team.
5. Lastly....if you're going to try and make a point at the end of your post, at least attempt to do some due diligence and know what you're talking about.
Malcolm Kelly was drafted last year, and injured. He's still a Redskin. And as far as 'sucking', kinda hard to compare with no hard data.

Upside doesn't need mean squat, by the way. It doesn't win games...but can sure as hell lose 'em.

rcsodak
07-21-2009, 09:38 AM
I love how your interepation of this is supposedly the facts.....:rolleyes:

Where, in my post, did I say it was fact?

But I guess we'll see, won't we. ;)

rcsodak
07-21-2009, 09:39 AM
^ Couldn't have said it better myself

Sure you could have.......

rcsodak
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
yep

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/17/broncos-should-follow-history-and-trade-marshall/

His reasoning: "Good players can spoil on bad teams"...funny, we have been bad the last 2 years and he hasn't spoiled.

Also his other reason to trade Marshall is because "Denver doesn't have a 2010 first round pick". What a moron.

EXACTLY! I hate the idiot!!!! He comes on Sirius, I turn the channel!

When he and Schein were talking yesterday, and BOTH saying Denver didn't have a 1st rounder next year, I almost drove off the road.

You'd THINK, football insider aside, that he'd have a slight 'clue' about his subject before going on and writing/talking about it.

But he's totally in the tank for Bmarsh. And personally, I think he has a dislike for the Broncos. So who better to interview, right?

UGH.

Ravage!!!
07-21-2009, 11:20 AM
He will be the same player....w hy wouldn't he be? It would be the players around him, system and coaching that would be different.

I don't think ANY team is better when getting rid of, or not having, their best players. Thats just how I see it.

Elevation inc
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Where, in my post, did I say it was fact?

But I guess we'll see, won't we. ;)

truer words have never been spoken;)