PDA

View Full Version : PN Camp Report for 7/28/12

pnbronco
07-28-2012, 11:39 PM
I will do my best to try to write up a report for camp today. Please remember that I'm over 50, female and have never played Madden in my life.

Started the with Kick Off Practice. Those that were taking Kick Offs were:
Matthew Willis, Syd' Quan Thompson, Deckers, Tracy Porter, Omar Bolden, Mike Adams & Drayton Florence. Today the best was Deckers. Syd' Quan has gotten better from last year and I would say he, Willis and Adams were 2nd best. Porter and Florence were 3rd and poor Bolden has struggled the most both today and yesterday in the rain. The nice thing was Deckers and Porter tried to work with him and give him tips.

One other thing I noticed on Special Teams is that Julius Thomas blocking is so much better this year. He just seems to be grasping so much more of what they want him to do.

DJ was in full pads and a helmet and was standing on the sidelines for the beginning, I lost track of him after the first 10 minutes.

The next thing I really noticed was how different the warm up was. In the past there was lough music, with skipping, walking with lunges that one leg in front then in back going about 40 yards and then back. Then each guy was on his own to stretch. Today no music and they were lined up with D on one side and O on the other facing each other. They did a lot of stretching and it was called out and everyone would do what was called out. To me the stretching was based on modify yoga poses with no talking to each other. Just a lot more concentration and everyone on the same page.

The other I noticed when they were stretching was that Clady looks learner and a much stronger center core.

Peyton is working with RB's, TE and lots & lots of passes with the WR's. He even seems to throw one our of bounds every practice to practice that. The other thing I noticed that when the QB's were working just with the WR's Peyton wanted them on the line ready to go as soon as the last group was done and had no problem yelling at them to be where they were suppose now....

I had a really hard time watching the D and trying to see who was doing what. I know they hit the sleds and man was it loud. I have to be honest watching Peyton just blows your mind of how clean and precise his passes are even when I try to watch something else my eyes kept going back to the QB drills. The first time Peyton made a beautiful completion to Stok I screamed like a 13 yr old girl. I just like Stok soooo much and seeing that completion with both guys in Bronco uni's just made my heart swell. Plus later in a 7/7 drill Peyton dropped a pass to Stok that went for a TD that was so on the money and Stok can still fake out his defender.

Deckers had some great catches today and he even beat Champ twice. Now he also had a couple of drops and I believe Champ broke a pass as well today. DT is looking more and more comfortable working with Peyton. The kid is a beast and when he is on the same page they are amazing together. The person that has impressed me with today and Thurs is Caldwell he has made some jaw dropping catches and just seem so in tune out there. Also Willis is not going to make cutting him easy. Worked well with all the QB's and came up with a pass on his back, the only place Peyton could throw it because he was being covered like a blanket.

Peyton is really working with the both Tamne and Dressen. They both are getting into a nice rhythm with him. Also Gronk has a couple of nice receptions and man is that kid big.

The one play a D that so stood out is that Mays just stopped Bell in his tracks. The hit was in front of me and dang it was a loud pop and Bell just stopped like a freight train had hit him. The funny part was that Mays pulled his arms back and didn't touch him again but you could tell that Bell's bell had been rung.

The other D that I had to look up like 4 times because I could not remember the name was Coffey, # 48. The kid just seems to have nose for the ball and when a ball got bounced up in the air he is the one that came down with it. Poor Omar Bolden was either in feast or famine today making a great play, one or 2 ints or just flat out getting beat. To me Rahim Moore is working well with him team mates on the field. He just seems much more relaxed and working harder than I can remember from the past.

I also remember Hunter and Garland having some real nice stops at the line on RB's. Speaking of which McGahee is a so clearly the #1 right now. Making great runs and just having a lot of poise on the field. Ball and JJ had some good runs and also got stopped hard close to the line. I remembered JJ did get through and have a great run. Moreno caught some nice passes and I don't remember seeing him in other run drills.

Weber had a better day and some nice passes. Just seemed to have more composure today. He did lock on to a receiver a couple of times. He had a few bad passes but was better.

Oswell is young and learning a lot at once. Had some nice passes and then fumbled the snap. Misses his receiver by a long way, hold on to the ball too long and had a few ints. I am hearing from those that know him that him mechanics are getting better and man is the kid tall. When he looks good, he looks really good and seems to do better in 7/7 and 2 minute drill than some of the drills.

Hanie was the worst of the 4 today. Just off, holding the ball too long, miss receivers and had some connections but it just wasn't very smooth.

Oh and one more thing about Peyton, man is his footwork a joy to watch. It's hard to even put into words. I know I've heard how important footwork is and it has been great to see what other QB's have been talking about. It is strange to hear some of his vocal antics and not be ticked off that he's doing them. They would drive me nuts at games against the Colts, now I just kind of chuckle and smile.

Overall camp was just great to be at. Everything feels so professional and like they are really trying to work hard on the little things to keep everything as stream line and everyone on the same page as possible. I can hardly wait for the even the preseason to start. However with the pads on they were much more serious and it was not flag football today. I know this is so not like other reports, but I hope you can enjoy just the feeling of camp and the excitement that is being generated and none of it is hype......such a joy....pn

dogfish
07-29-2012, 12:03 AM
<3 pn

pnbronco
07-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Thank you Dog, you are so sweet.

I remembered one more thing. I saw Chris Kuper around OTA time and man was he still limping really bad, I felt sorry for the man and thought there is no way he can be close come camp. He looked so much better today. I did not watch him all the time but when I saw him I didn't see that limp. Now he may still have it, esp at the end, but I can't tell you how happy I am to see how far he has recovered, just a great person all the way around.

Tned
07-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Awesome job PN. Thanks for taking the time to write it all up for those of us that can't be there in person. :salute:

underrated29
07-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Love ya P! You rock!

I will be there on monday, tues, thurs and fri, and maybe saturday- depending on what the team has scheduled for TC those days. Ill text ya to let you know. Great write up. Thanks. Love these things.

Rick
07-29-2012, 01:53 AM
PN do you happen to be in this pic? I was in that area and I remember a woman going googa over Stokely as you described?

http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/tempIMG_5699--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

dogfish
07-29-2012, 02:39 AM
PN do you happen to be in this pic?

check your salutes. . .

Davii
07-29-2012, 03:15 AM
As always Pola, you rock!

sneakers
07-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Go broncos!

Softskull
07-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Well done especially considering you've never played Madden.

TXBRONC
07-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks PN you're awesome!

pnbronco
07-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Thank you guys for being so kind. You know how much I hate writing, esp since I love watching the game and the Broncos but really I don't understand the mechanics and it's not on my list to understand or study stats on it. So thanks for the kind words and I hope you got a feel for the excitement this year and just how hard the team it trying to create crossing the t's and dotting the i's atmosphere.

Rick
07-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Removed the reference to which woman I thought might have been PN in case she didn't want anyone knowing :) I had to get up at 2:30AM to get to the practice so by the time last night rolled around I was beyond stupid lol

Here is the pic of where this idiot was. I didn't watch as much action as I would have liked as I was too busy taking crappy pictures. I took 114 pictures and at least 20 I had to delete right away when I got home because my idiot finger was over the phone lens. Next time I think I will just watch....

WARHORSE
07-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Awesome Pola. Heres my favorite part: "The first time Peyton made a beautiful completion to Stok I screamed like a 13 yr old girl. I just like Stok soooo much and seeing that completion with both guys in Bronco uni's just made my heart swell."

Yup....youre a woman alright. An awesome one. ;)

THANKS!!!!

frauschieze
07-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Pn, your camp reports are my favorite. :hug:

pnbronco
07-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Removed the reference to which woman I thought might have been PN in case she didn't want anyone knowing :) I had to get up at 2:30AM to get to the practice so by the time last night rolled around I was beyond stupid lol

Here is the pic of where this idiot was. I didn't watch as much action as I would have liked as I was too busy taking crappy pictures. I took 114 pictures and at least 20 I had to delete right away when I got home because my idiot finger was over the phone lens. Next time I think I will just watch....

No problem Rick. I've been on the front page of the Denver Post because of my love for the Broncos, years ago. Someone else might not feel like I do, so send a pm first, but you didn't upset me at all and yeah it was me.....:D

Tned
07-29-2012, 11:45 PM
No problem Rick. I've been on the front page of the Denver Post because of my love for the Broncos, years ago. Someone else might not feel like I do, so send a pm first, but you didn't upset me at all and yeah it was me.....:D

Exactly how happy were you when the Broncos signed Stokes this offseason??? :D

pnbronco
07-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Pn, your camp reports are my favorite. :hug:

Thank you Cheese.....:hug: UR is going to do a great job this week. Again I just so appreciate all your kind words.

pnbronco
07-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Exactly how happy were you when the Broncos signed Stokes this offseason??? :D

There are no words to express how happy I was. I was doing the happy Snoopy dance for days.....:lol:

Davii
07-30-2012, 12:43 AM
There are no words to express how happy I was. I was doing the happy Snoopy dance for days.....:lol:

Pola, you're coming to the Saints game right?

smith49
07-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Great report PN!! What I like best is that you tell it the way you see it. No speculation, no stats, just your raw emotion on what you were seeing out there. Gives us who can't be there a glimpse at how we might feel if we were. Freakin awesome job!!

TXBRONC
07-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Thank you guys for being so kind. You know how much I hate writing, esp since I love watching the game and the Broncos but really I don't understand the mechanics and it's not on my list to understand or study stats on it. So thanks for the kind words and I hope you got a feel for the excitement this year and just how hard the team it trying to create crossing the t's and dotting the i's atmosphere.

Even though you don't know the mechanics of it all it's still a boon for those of us who can't be there.

pnbronco
07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Pola, you're coming to the Saints game right?

You bet I am!!!! Can not wait!

BigDaddyBronco
07-30-2012, 03:25 PM
You bet I am!!!! Can not wait!

Man this should be a great gathering.

frauschieze
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Great report PN!! What I like best is that you tell it the way you see it. No speculation, no stats, just your raw emotion on what you were seeing out there. Gives us who can't be there a glimpse at how we might feel if we were. Freakin awesome job!!

That's exactly it. It's the difference between someone who's passionate about the team telling you what happened in a game you didn't watch versus reading a game recap in the newspaper/on the internet. Yes, you get the same story but the telling gives it a completely different feel. I can get technical information from other objective sources. But these first person fan accounts, and especially your raw enthusiasm Pola, these are what I love.

Cugel
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Well done especially considering you've never played Madden.

I've never played Madden either, which is why I don't start threads like "We should totally offer the Jaguars Knowshon Moreno for Maurice Jones-Drew! That would be like awesome!" :rolleyes:

pnbronco
08-01-2012, 07:53 PM
That's exactly it. It's the difference between someone who's passionate about the team telling you what happened in a game you didn't watch versus reading a game recap in the newspaper/on the internet. Yes, you get the same story but the telling gives it a completely different feel. I can get technical information from other objective sources. But these first person fan accounts, and especially your raw enthusiasm Pola, these are what I love.

Thank you so much sweetie. You can not imagine how much all your kind words mean to me. I love this team and there are players (like Stok) that I feel are like a part of my family, distant maybe, but family. I'm just glad you can read the 12 year old in me when I'm at camp.