PDA

View Full Version : This Canadian needs help

airdrie4
07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Hello Bronco Fans.....

I'm looking for some assistance in regards to attending the pre-season game against the Seahawks on August 18/12. Our family of 4 are planning on attending our very first NFL game and need some questions answered. Is there certain sections in the stadium that are considered family/kid friendly without having to give up the pleasure of drinking 1 or 2 beers. Hey...its football and the memory will be that much better if I can have at least 1 beer. Where would someone suggest buying tickets (i.e. ticketmaster, stubhub, nfl exchange, craigslist) and getting the best deal. I want the best seats possible but can only afford/justify spending approximately $75 per ticket. I know parking.transportation will also be an issue but I'm sure I can sort that out once we are there. Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2012, 01:15 PM
On this link on the Broncos' website, there are half priced tickets for the Seattle game.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&q=denver+broncos

Slowkill
07-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Hello Bronco Fans.....

I'm looking for some assistance in regards to attending the pre-season game against the Seahawks on August 18/12. Our family of 4 are planning on attending our very first NFL game and need some questions answered. Is there certain sections in the stadium that are considered family/kid friendly without having to give up the pleasure of drinking 1 or 2 beers. Hey...its football and the memory will be that much better if I can have at least 1 beer. Where would someone suggest buying tickets (i.e. ticketmaster, stubhub, nfl exchange, craigslist) and getting the best deal. I want the best seats possible but can only afford/justify spending approximately $75 per ticket. I know parking.transportation will also be an issue but I'm sure I can sort that out once we are there. Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

Get isle seats next to any section marker. Security hangs out there checking tickets. People are much more obedient around security. If your off in the middle sections of the stadium anythings fair game for the most part lol..

Chef Zambini
07-29-2012, 09:34 AM
buy your kids some headphones and sit anywhere you like.
no matter where you go in life, there will always be an element of stoopid, and inconsiderate, a football game is not an exclusive gathering place.
how old are your kids? have they been to a hockey game?

airdrie4
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
"buy your kids some headphones and sit anywhere you like" LOL....I'll make sure my wife doesn't read this one.

Thanks for your replies. So it would appear that my 10 year old "Princess" and my 7 year old "Tough Guy" could be experiencing some fun watching the game as well as the fans. What am I talking about....I think we all are. No hockey games yet...we live just outside of Calgary and we would only be asking for trouble if we were to go since we are Oiler fans. I took my daughter to a CFL game in Edmonton a few years ago and mistakingly sat in the College section instead of the Family Huddle Zone....oh well we still had fun and I had fun being surrounded by all the young ladies (don't tell my wife that part). Anyways I so badly want to go to a game and just praying that my kids don't get traumatized by the experience. I have a good benefit plan through work so I could be registering them for some counselling afterwards. Another thought....I plan on having my kids (now get this) wearing their namesakes football jerseys.....Do you think it would be a smart idea for my son (Eli) to be wearing a Giants jersey? I know I wouldn't have any problems with my daughter (Peyton) wearing a Broncos Jersey. Thanks again.

Chef Zambini
07-29-2012, 10:57 AM
I would hope that people would respect your kids especially with football names on their jerseys! TOGETHER, ytou will most likely get more favorable interaction with the fans.
at 10 and 7, I would think its time for mom to recognize that the kids cant be shelered for life and need to experience some of the real world, not the drunken college kid world, but a real world experience, nonetheless.
Learning how to deal with these kinds of situations would seem to me to be a valuable life lesson . then again I dont have kids, i have cats.
I oyour family has a great time, wherever you sit !
typicly, the better the seat, the better behavior of those around you, but this is no guarantee.
itys not a raiders game, so you got a leg up on reality with the seahawks.

Nomad
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
There's no way around the drunks, airdrie. Teach your kids not to be like that guy or girl:lol: I've never taken my kids to an NFL game, mainly because we've lived too far, but I've taken them to minor league baseball games on $1 beer night and talk about the drunks coming out of the woodwork:lol:, profanity, etc.

Here's something for your wife to read........http://www.chicagonow.com/da-bears-blog/2012/04/nfls-new-fan-conduct-policy-ignores-the-drunk-elephant-in-the-room/

I guess the last line is the way owners look at it.

pnbronco
07-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Actually with a Pre Season game esp against Seattle it should be less hostile. The only hostile preseason I saw was against Chicago right after Cutler left. I think people will just be really pumped to see the team with Peyton as our QB, although he may not play very much....just so you are aware of this.

Also Slowkill is right get your tickets closer to the isle, the ushers are more in that area and people seem to behave more. People do drink and if someone is too over the top you can always text the # they say are the beginning of the game. We always have people wearing other Jersey's around us, usually it the other team that we are playing so I would hope that no one would give you son a hard time. Most of all have a great time!!!!

You can still get tickets on the site that Carol posted above and they are very reasonable in the 500 section.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Just read thru the Fan Guide which came with my season tickets: In regards to half price tickets, you need to go to:

www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/single-game-tickets.html

Fan guide says - "2,000 tickets for all ten Denver Broncos home games are available at half-price, an agreement part of the legislation authorizing construction of Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Half-price tickets will go on sale approximately mid-July on a date and time announced in late-Spring.

Four ticket limit per household per season.

All half price tickets are paperless and are attached to the credit card utilized at purchase.

Half price tickets can only be claimed at the stadium on the day of the game by the purchaser of record.

All half-price ticket purchasers must enter the stadium at Gate B, located on the east (I-25) side of the stadium.

The following is required to pick up half-price tickets: A valid government photo ID & the credit card used to purchase tickets. Name on ID must match name on the credit card.

To prevent fradulent use of tickets or the reselling of tickets, all members of the party must be present and are required to immediately enter the stadium after picking up tickets at Gate 6 of the stadium on game day.

Half price tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

airdrie4
07-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Just read thru the Fan Guide which came with my season tickets: In regards to half price tickets, you need to go to:

www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/single-game-tickets.html

Fan guide says - "2,000 tickets for all ten Denver Broncos home games are available at half-price, an agreement part of the legislation authorizing construction of Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Half-price tickets will go on sale approximately mid-July on a date and time announced in late-Spring.

Four ticket limit per household per season.

All half price tickets are paperless and are attached to the credit card utilized at purchase.

Half price tickets can only be claimed at the stadium on the day of the game by the purchaser of record.

All half-price ticket purchasers must enter the stadium at Gate B, located on the east (I-25) side of the stadium.

The following is required to pick up half-price tickets: A valid government photo ID & the credit card used to purchase tickets. Name on ID must match name on the credit card.

To prevent fradulent use of tickets or the reselling of tickets, all members of the party must be present and are required to immediately enter the stadium after picking up tickets at Gate 6 of the stadium on game day.

Half price tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Thanks for the info on the "half price" tickets. Even though this is a great offer ($32 per seat) I was hoping to sit closer to the action (on the field that is). There just seems to be a number of options and not knowing what the best ones are I do appreciate any and all of the help I can get.

Chef Zambini
07-29-2012, 01:26 PM
There's no way around the drunks, airdrie. Teach your kids not to be like that guy or girl:lol: I've never taken my kids to an NFL game, mainly because we've lived too far, but I've taken them to minor league baseball games on $1 beer night and talk about the drunks coming out of the woodwork:lol:, profanity, etc.

Here's something for your wife to read........http://www.chicagonow.com/da-bears-blog/2012/04/nfls-new-fan-conduct-policy-ignores-the-drunk-elephant-in-the-room/

I guess the last line is the way owners look at it.great article , honest, but it paints the ugliest of pictures for a family wanting to attend a game.
I honestly cant watch a bronco game in public, so i warn the neighbors and enjoy my football sundays at home.

Pudge
07-29-2012, 09:20 PM
I've never had any issues with people they all seem to be respectful for the most part at games at least in my experience. Unless you go to a raiders game

Simple Jaded
07-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Sit Club Level, most of those people are inside sipping wine and getting back rubs.......

airdrie4
07-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Sit Club Level, most of those people are inside sipping wine and getting back rubs.......

Would that be in the 300 level sections? If it is it looks like it would be out of my price range of $75 per ticket ($300 total). But if back rubs are included....I'm sure I could pay a few extra dollars to get one while the wife stays behind and watches the kids. LOL.

Simple Jaded
07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Would that be in the 300 level sections? If it is it looks like it would be out of my price range of $75 per ticket ($300 total). But if back rubs are included....I'm sure I could pay a few extra dollars to get one while the wife stays behind and watches the kids. LOL.http://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/images/tickets-and-stadium/Premium-Seating/11-Club-Level-LR-SD-2.pdf

Live a little, how often do you travel thousands of miles to watch a 3 hour football game? If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.......

airdrie4
07-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Just thought of another question.....I'm thinking because its a pre-season game this shouldn't be an issue however I have noticed that in many stadiums people prefer to stand instead of sitting. Can someone give me any advice on the sections where this could be an issue in order to avoid them due to having young children who wouldn't be able to see and a father with a suspect back issue? (Come to think of it...this Canadian does need a lot of help).