PDA

View Full Version : What do you like and dislike about the McDaniels regime?

lex
07-19-2009, 01:16 PM
OK, I thought it might be interesting to pose the question this way. It seems like a lot of the discussion of the current regime is spun off of one aspect of the current regime. For example, someone may like some things but hate the FA acquisitions and when the topic of FA acquisitions comes up, it seems like you totally dislike all things about the current regime.

I thought it would make things interesting to build their observations on the current regime from the ground up instead of in response to comment about one aspect of what has happened.

So, what are your likes and dislikes about the current regime?

My Likes
*More competent coaches, especially on defense
*More dedication to the running game (I hope)
*Possibly bigger OL who are mobile enough
*Big and tough players on defense

My dislikes
*Inferior scheme (although better personnel overall than last year)
*Power plays, lying, and idea of obsessing how NE did things
*Putting the coach front and center instead of the players

Lonestar
07-19-2009, 01:25 PM
About the only thing I really had to question when it happened was bringing a Pro bowl FA LS when we had a near pro Bowl LS.. :confused:

Beyond that NADA.

I have liked almost everything he has done to overall this franchise..

silkamilkamonico
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
- putting the coach front and center instead of the players
- McDaniels has a vision of where he wants to go, and isn't trying to patchwork anything
- system friendly offense that doesn't need elite talent to produce
- love the fact that a coach is coming in and laying the wood. p[layers have been babied far too long in this organization

dislikes
- don't like losing Cutler, but Cutler exposed himself and we have a QB friendly system

I am curious on Lex's opinion on "inferior scheme". His comment about better personnel leads me to believe he's looking at defense, which is proposterous considering the scheme we've had for the last however many years.

nevcraw
07-19-2009, 02:25 PM
- putting the coach front and center instead of the players except by doing so he has exposed his own weaknesses - maturity, ego, and being forthright
- McDaniels has a vision of where he wants to go, and isn't trying to patchwork anything Except the DL, right?
- system friendly offense that doesn't need elite talent to produce Because Brady and Moss are not elite talent? What team has been succesful with this scheme without elite talent?
- love the fact that a coach is coming in and laying the wood. p[layers have been babied far too long in this organization

considerations in red above.

lex
07-19-2009, 02:45 PM
- putting the coach front and center instead of the players
- McDaniels has a vision of where he wants to go, and isn't trying to patchwork anything
- system friendly offense that doesn't need elite talent to produce

dislikes
- don't like losing Cutler, but Cutler exposed himself and we have a QB friendly system

I am curious on Lex's opinion on "inferior scheme". His comment about better personnel leads me to believe he's looking at defense, which is proposterous considering the scheme we've had for the last however many years.

I was talking about offense and defense on the scheme. I was talking about better personnel across the board and that partly encompasses what was an already solid core of talent being one year older and more improved. Plus, it was good to see us take a RB in the first finally. The only place we're less talented at is QB and even then, that doesnt mean Orton cant perform well...or at the very least, well enough.

lex
07-19-2009, 02:48 PM

Youre right. McDaniels putting himself front and center riechs of the arrogance that has brought on a lot of the off field drama. Its like he wants the acknowledgment given to someone like Shanahan or Belichick without the merit to back it up. Totally ego driven.

silkamilkamonico
07-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Great use of flawed logic.

1)what 32 year old first year NFL head coach isn't immature. Spinning off of that, what NFL head coach period doesn't have an ego?

2)he isn't patchworking the dline. He's dealing with what he has. he also isn't feeding us the same BS Shanahan did year after year..."we're only 1 or 2 players away from competing for a SuperBowl!!" Going out and overspending for free agents or drafting players he doesn't think is cutout to play in his system would be worse than the BS Shanahan has been feeding us over the years.

3)Brady sure was an elite talent when he was a 7th round draft pick wasn't he? I also like how you chose to ignore the fact that Brady won SuperBowl(s) with Deion Branch, David Patton, etc. WR's that have been garbage in the NFL since they left New England. Brady has become elite because he's fit into a system that allowed him to grow and play to his strengths. Elite talented QB's don't get drafted in the 7th round.

silkamilkamonico
07-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Youre right. McDaniels putting himself front and center riechs of the arrogance that has brought on a lot of the off field drama. Its like he wants the acknowledgment given to someone like Shanahan or Belichick without the merit to back it up. Totally ego driven.

He's had to drive ego's. When you let the inmates run the asylum, a sense of entitlement occurs, and you're left without playoff win(s) (appearances), and the worst defense in the history of the franchise.

lex
07-19-2009, 02:51 PM

1)what 32 year old first year NFL head coach isn't immature. Spinning off of that, what NFL head coach period doesn't have an ego?

2)he isn't patchworking the dline. He's dealing with what he has. he also isn't feeding us the same BS Shanahan did year after year..."we're only 1 or 2 players away from competing for a SuperBowl!!" Going out and overspending for free agents or drafting players he doesn't think is cutout to play in his system would be worse than the BS Shanahan has been feeding us over the years.

3)Brady sure was an elite talent when he was a 7th round draft pick wasn't he? I also like how you chose to ignore the fact that Brady won SuperBowl(s) with Deion Branch, David Patton, etc. WR's that have been garbage in the NFL since they left New England. Brady has become elite because he's fit into a system that allowed him to grow and play to his strengths. Elite talented QB's don't get drafted in the 7th round.

Its as much about how the ego manifests itself.

lex
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
He's had to drive ego's. When you let the inmates run the asylum, a sense of entitlement occurs, and you're left without playoff win(s) (appearances), and the worst defense in the history of the franchise.

No, its a football team, not a prison. Nice try. Again, he is trying the same mind games that we've seen from the likes of Mangini and such. You need talent to win. Trying to bend it into shape so that the coach can claim credit for success is all about ego. Look at Mike Smith of the Falcons or the coach of the Dolphins. This kind of nonsense hasnt really existed there...not on this level.

silkamilkamonico
07-19-2009, 02:57 PM
No, its a football team, not a prison. Nice try. Again, he is trying the same mind games that we've seen from the likes of Mangini and such. You need talent to win. Trying to bend it into shape so that the coach can claim credit for success is all about ego. Look at Mike Smith of the Falcons or the coach of the Dolphins. This kind of nonsense hasnt really existed there...not on this level.

LMAO

He's not running things like a prison, way to completely overexaggerate the situation. Apparently you've been babied with the hand holding process Shanahan has done throughout the years as well.

LMAO "running it like a prison..."

lex
07-19-2009, 03:19 PM
LMAO

He's not running things like a prison, way to completely overexaggerate the situation. Apparently you've been babied with the hand holding process Shanahan has done throughout the years as well.

LMAO "running it like a prison..."

You're the one who made the prison comparison.

MasterShake
07-19-2009, 03:20 PM
I have no idea yet. Too early to tell. I guess I'm happy with a new direction, but nervous about it at the same time. But I'll try to list things that I like/dislike so far:

Dislike:
-He seems to offensive minded. Hopefully the Defensive Coordinator and the switch to 3-4 will compensate.

-I'm going to miss the West Coast offense. I hope he has more vertical plays then what I'm used to seeing with the type he ran in NE. Safe football is fine, but boring.

-I think this team first mentality is the way to go. Its been proven in New England were even Moss seems like he bought into the system and really succeeded. This season may be tough, but I like the foundation.

-I know this contradicts one of my dislikes, but I'm looking forward to seeing more short yardage type bruiser football. Hopefully Eddie Royal and Brandon Stockley can carve up the Defense and Knowshon Moreno and the other backs can play some smashmouth. The finesse and explosive plays of Denver the past few seasons was fun, but it will be nice to see some hardnosed football again if McDaniels can deliver.

nevcraw
07-19-2009, 03:42 PM

1. That's no excuse.. He's the leader of men. act like it.. Better yet he was hired to run the Denver**edit** Broncos. He should know how to act.
And Raheem morriss and Mike Tomlin seem light years ahead of this guy in the maturity department. As far as ego, The good one's harness it and use it to fuel success, the not so good ones use it as weapon to hold down and destroy - time will tell which type of egomanaic he is

2. and you question my logic????? McD is doing exactly what Shanny did on the DL. Retreads, nobodies and position shape shifters.. if that is not patchwork then the word needs to be destroyed because it has no meaning.

3. Brady's assention to one of the best players in the league is why they had success on offense. we can debate what came first - the chicken or the egg all we want but without Brady this offense has never been succesful. and Brady is elite.

tripleoption
07-19-2009, 03:47 PM
I have no idea yet. Too early to tell. I guess I'm happy with a new direction, but nervous about it at the same time.

I'm with you. Too early to tell as far as I'm concerned. McD is the new head coach and he can do what he wants. I didn't like losing Cutler. Yeah, he had some maturity issues, but I remember a certain QB 25 years ago being complained about who was also immature, can't win the big one, etc. etc. I think we'll end up regretting losing Cutler, but it's water under the bridge now. We have what we have and Orton looks to be the man. The simple fact is if the Broncos go 11-5 and win the AFC west, McD will be a genius, and if they go 2-14 he'll be the biggest idiot on earth.

LoyalSoldier
07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I haven't seen them suck on the field yet

Dislikes:
I haven't seen them on the field and already I have been mad as hell at them.

ChampWJ
07-19-2009, 04:06 PM
-Revamping the secondary
-Bringing in hopefully more competent assistant coaches
-The more demanding training and practice style

Dislikes:
-We now have to watch one of the sorriest QB's in the league, I'm not buying ANY of the Orton hype.
-The flat out recklessness with trading picks in the draft
-His arrogant, New England attitude and secretiveness
-Ignoring the glaring D-line weakness
-Cutting Leach for Paxson
-Most of all, the split in the fan base

Lonestar
07-19-2009, 04:17 PM

You're the one who made the prison comparison.

no he did not.. you did..

now can we get back to topic..

Lonestar
07-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I have no idea yet. Too early to tell. I guess I'm happy with a new direction, but nervous about it at the same time. But I'll try to list things that I like/dislike so far:

Dislike:
-He seems to offensive minded. Hopefully the Defensive Coordinator and the switch to 3-4 will compensate.

-I'm going to miss the West Coast offense. I hope he has more vertical plays then what I'm used to seeing with the type he ran in NE. Safe football is fine, but boring.

-I think this team first mentality is the way to go. Its been proven in New England were even Moss seems like he bought into the system and really succeeded. This season may be tough, but I like the foundation.

-I know this contradicts one of my dislikes, but I'm looking forward to seeing more short yardage type bruiser football. Hopefully Eddie Royal and Brandon Stockley can carve up the Defense and Knowshon Moreno and the other backs can play some smashmouth. The finesse and explosive plays of Denver the past few seasons was fun, but it will be nice to see some hardnosed football again if McDaniels can deliver.

I agree with this assessment..

I also think that it may not be deeper vertically but it will get the ball to the open man and allow him to make the YAC..

so FWIW we should have a more exciting year on O..

How many time last year was the ball forced to Marshall when someone was wide open.. and may have even scored instead of fight for the ball ..

You always get the ball to the open man and allow them to make the play ALWAYS..

lex
07-19-2009, 05:39 PM
no he did not.. you did..

now can we get back to topic..

Did he not say inmates?

BTW, if youre going to play that game be consistent.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=692759&postcount=54

Lonestar
07-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Did he not say inmates?

BTW, if youre going to play that game be consistent.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=692759&postcount=54

inmates can and are in asylums..

lex
07-19-2009, 10:16 PM
inmates can and are in asylums..

Right. So, nevertheless, it was still a response to what he said. Ive provided proof of you overlooking a completely nontopical post even to the extent of replying to it. Again, be consistent if youre going to play these games.

MOtorboat
07-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Another productive thread.

lol

GEM
07-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm posting this right now and I expect both of you to knock the personal crap off, now. Official warning.

lex
07-19-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm posting this right now and I expect both of you to knock the personal crap off, now. Official warning.

Youre out of line. I havent been belligerent towards him at all.

GEM
07-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Youre out of line. I havent been belligerent towards him at all.

I do apologize Lex, I shouldn't have focused that to both of you as you did not react to the posts I have deleted.

NameUsedBefore
07-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Like: I can't even think of one. I'm pretty much where LS is which I guess I'll just wait to see them on the field.

Dislike: Pissed the team's future away; didn't really do anything to fix what ailed the defense; drafted where we didn't need to; is, IMO, going to waste two or three years of this fine franchise's time before we move onto someone else as well as X-time since we're looking for another QB again.

Superchop 7
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
I believe that Ugly Kid Joe said it best......

I, get sick when I'm around, I, can't stand to be around I, hate everything about you !everything about you, everything about you, everything about you
Some say I got a bad attitude,but that don't change the way I feel about you, If you think all this might be bringing me down, look again cause I ain't wearin' no frown
!I don't really care about your sister forget the little ------ 'cause I already kissed her

One thing that I did to your lady put her on the bed and she didn't say maybe I know you know everybody knows the way it comes, the way it goes you think it's sad well that's too bad 'cause I'm havin' a ball and never cared a thing about you AND I HATE Everything about you, everything about you I get sick when I'm around I can't stand to be around I hate everything about you

aberdien
07-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Knowshon Moreno.

Dislikes:
The system where players apparently don't matter.
Lack of Shanny and West Coast offense, this new offense is gonna be boring as hell to watch.
Trading Cutler, releasing Leach.
Beginning yet another rebuilding period when we were almost there.
Josh McDaniels.

WARHORSE
07-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Dislike: Releasing a very well liked, competent LSer, and signing another one, paying him more money, with no obvious reason in sight...........the other players are watching.

His part in the Cutler saga. Mostly the early part. Not having the experience to deal effectively with it.

Pending: The draft day trade for Smith.

Likes: Taking Moreno cause he was the best player in spite of impending pressure that would come from the pundits who would second guess......sticking to his draft board. With Cutler gone and Orton in, an elite RB makes a big difference. Moreno is perfect for the offense on every level, and he took his man.

Getting Ayers AND Moreno, effectively taking Moreno realizing he would be gone if they tried him at 18.

Trading up for Quinn in the third..........that kid is gonna pay off I believe in our run game/two/three TE sets.

Revamping the secondary with guys who have hands, can cover, and bring the ball carrier to the ground.

Not drafting DLmen simply because it was a position of need. He didnt believe in some of the players available, and he didnt pick them. I for one dont want draft picks who turn out to be duds. I want someone who is going to play.

Going after high character, smart, tough football players who are willing to work hard, and play anywhere they ask.

Keeping Turner, keeping zone blocking in spite of adding other techniques.

Bringing in special teams gunners on a high level, and addressing this area of the team as it is: very important.

Coaching situational football.

Inspiring the lockeroom to believe in what he has to offer.

His unwaivering commitment to what he knows is the right way to do things.

Getting Mike Nolan to come here.

Deciding to continue to run the offense on sundays.

Bringing in Brian Dawkins.

I so like this guys methods to date, Im giving him a mulligan on the Cutler saga.

I understand why the Broncos/Bowlen picked him, and like them, I believe this guy is going to be a winner.

I believe we're going to win some games this year no one will expect us to.

We might not get it altogether at once, but I believe each week we'll make improvements.

It will all come down to winnin and losin.

Regardless of what happens:

BRONCOS BABY.:coffee:

Elevation inc
07-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Top likes

-Emphasis on team over player

-Drafting philosophy focused on getting the guy you want to fit your system vs hoping and praying he does like the previous regime. also drafting high character guys and taking risks in UDFA where they should be taken

-our entire draft class

-focusing on a more balanced offense....RED ZONE!!!!!

- Getting rid of jeremy bates/Bob slowick.... 2 main reasons for offensive and defensive failure last year

-keeping Dennison and turner as well as the eniter OL and Many aspects of the ZBS

-invoking a focus on more aggresive and physical football

-bringing in quality FA running backs for back-ups instead of relying on undrafted and seventh rd rb's, as well as drafting moreno. I would much rather have a Moreno/Hillis/Buckhalter/Jordan Backfield..... than a Hillis/Selvin Young/Andre hall/PJ pope backfield

Dislikes-

Losing the goodmans
Losing Cutler
Emphasis on patriots West
MCD's ego in the cutler situation
MCD's Naivity in the war room on draft day regarding value
Xanders as the GM

Nature Boy
07-20-2009, 04:00 AM
What do you dislike about the McDaniels regime?

Josh McDummass himself. Firing Shanahan and hiring McDummass will be the biggest mistake of Bowlen's life. It'll be the biggest sports management debacle the last 15 years.

Elevation inc
07-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Josh McDummass himself. Firing Shanahan and hiring McDummass will be the biggest mistake of Bowlen's life. It'll be the biggest sports management debacle the last 15 years.

thats some crystal ball you got there:rolleyes:

underrated29
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
What i like:
1-offensive scheme
2-accountability
3-knoshown "mutha lovin" moreno
4-young blood, fresh ideas and looks
5-toughness
6-mike "mutha lovin" nolan
7-attention to ST, and Defense
8-adjust game plan to opponents, using our strengths and taking away theirs

Dislikes:
1-getting rid of Jay
2-getting rid of Leach
3-the cockiness JMD has in himself and his scheme
4-loving NE, and wanting to mirror them instead of being broncos
5-getting rid of Jay
6-lying,deceiving,
7-him making that weird face with his lips and chin and smacking his lips.
8-getting rid of Jay
9-making a ton of trades with our draft picks, i like the picks, but i think patience might have saved us a little more for next year.

Ps-the only good from the Jay thing is getting my boy Knowshon and Ayers. As we would only have gotten one of them, when we desperately needed both.

Northman
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
My Likes:

1. He's a no-nonsense kind of guy. It's either his way or the highway which brings back some discipline and accountability not only to his position but the players themselves. That was sorely lacking the last few years.

2. Not sure if i would of gone about it that way but i like that he wasnt afraid to take a day 1 running back even when others saw another area with more needs. Tells me he is confident in the scheme he will be implementing.

3. He believes in the team concept 100% even if that means alienating the hot shots on the team.

4. Wasnt afraid to get a bigger name for DC rather than toy with friends or go with no names.

My Dislikes:

1. Dont know why he felt the need to try and get Cassell when he had a very talented Qb already here but maybe the attitude of Jay is what made him consider it.

2. Although i expected some bumps in his first year he may have bitten off more than he can chew with the trade of Jay and a brand new defensive scheme. Might be too much for him this year and i still expect a better record than 8-8 so lets hope he can pull it off.

Northman
07-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I believe that Ugly Kid Joe said it best......

I, get sick when I'm around, I, can't stand to be around I, hate everything about you !everything about you, everything about you, everything about you
Some say I got a bad attitude,but that don't change the way I feel about you, If you think all this might be bringing me down, look again cause I ain't wearin' no frown
!I don't really care about your sister forget the little ------ 'cause I already kissed her

One thing that I did to your lady put her on the bed and she didn't say maybe I know you know everybody knows the way it comes, the way it goes you think it's sad well that's too bad 'cause I'm havin' a ball and never cared a thing about you AND I HATE Everything about you, everything about you I get sick when I'm around I can't stand to be around I hate everything about you

Awesome song however with that much hate i guess your just going to not watch at all this year? :lol:

WARHORSE
07-20-2009, 12:02 PM
You guys heard the new band?

Hoodie and the Blowtarts.

girler
07-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I like that its Broncos. I dislike that we haven't seen any of his sauce on the field against another team yet, so no matter what anyone says, I have no freaking clue what to expect!!!

frauschieze
07-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Just because I have to say it.....

Dislike: Replaced my adopted Bronco and put me in a tailspin.

:(

Lonestar
07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
What i like:
1-offensive scheme
2-accountability
3-knoshown "mutha lovin" moreno
4-young blood, fresh ideas and looks
5-toughness
6-mike "mutha lovin" nolan
7-attention to ST, and Defense
8-adjust game plan to opponents, using our strengths and taking away theirs

Dislikes:
1-getting rid of Jay
2-getting rid of Leach
3-the cockiness JMD has in himself and his scheme
4-loving NE, and wanting to mirror them instead of being broncos

Ps-the only good from the Jay thing is getting my boy Knowshon and Ayers. As we would only have gotten one of them, when we desperately needed both.

thanks for bringing up the adjusting the game plan I had forgotten about that..

That should have been a biggie on everyones list..

As for being cocky while he has not been a HC yet he knows what it takes to get there.. being NE west does not bother me one bit IF it means getting to the playoffs almost every year..

That is Not gonna happen this year unless all the moons and stars line up just right.. but I feel we are building a hell of a foundation for the next 10-12 years..

Where mike had the right idea 15 years ago about bringing in cheap vets that wanted less pounding in their last few years in practice .. THEY already Knew how to play the game, tackle and did not need tackling dummy drills..

but then after the were gone it became a country club and no tackling skills were taught.. on top of really lousy position coaches on D.. and the last two years NO scheme what so ever on D.. that all leads to a disaster on defense..

titan
07-20-2009, 02:06 PM
1. And this is big - the team has gone to a "best player available" type of draft strategy rather than drafting on need. The Moreno pick is a great example of this. It remains to be seen if the McD regime is good at evaluating draft talent, but drafting the best player available is a good start. I liked Shanahan but he blew too many draft picks drafting for need. Like the McD quote "we aren't going to draft players just to cut them later" (i.e. don't reach for a player just because he fills a position of need)

2. McD is a hard worker and very "hands on" in his coaching. If you get a chance to watch the 2008 highlight film you'll see this (there's a segment in the film where McD is miked in the 2009 OTA drills).

3. I think the New England offense will work well here given the talent the Broncos have (even with Orton at qb)

4. Like the Mike Nolan hire for the defense and the conversion to the 3-4

5. I think there's more to the Cutler saga than "McD drove Cutler out of town". As NFL reporter Adam Shefter said in a radio interview I heard "whoever the new coach the broncos brought in was going to have a cutler problem". I think Cutler and his agent wanted out as soon as Shanahan left town. So I don't blame McD for the Cutler departure, and the Broncos actually got a much better return for Cutler in trade than I expected.

Dislikes:
1. WHY DID YOU TRADE NEXT YEAR'S #1 FOR ALPHONSO SMITH??!!
Realistically this year could be tough with so many new players, a new system, and a tough schedule. If the season goes south the Broncos aren't going to benefit from an early first round draft pick. Even if the team exceeds expectations this year, I still don't like trading future #1's (in bronco history this has never worked out - future #1's for Tensi and Matt Robinson were bad trades)

2. Keeping with the draft theme - show a little more care in dealing picks to move up to get a player you want. By having a limited # of players you want on your draft board, it may cause you to give up more than you should when the names on your list start to disappear.

While I didn't want to see Shanahan fired, this longtime fan is willing to give McDaniels at least a couple of seasons and I like many of the changes McD has implemented.

Ravage!!!
07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
how can we say we 'like' his adjusted game plan when he hasn't coached a game yet??? Seems the "lets wait and see" approach takes a back-seat when its complimenting.

CoachChaz
07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
how can we say we 'like' his adjusted game plan when he hasn't coached a game yet??? Seems the "lets wait and see" approach takes a back-seat when its complimenting.

By that philosophy, it's completely insane for ANYONE to like or dislike him based on anything that has happened thus far because it may or may not work out on the field.

If it does, then those that support him now will be understood and if it doesnt than the haters will be understood. So why bother liking or disliking him yet?

Ravage!!!
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
If it does, then those that support him now will be understood and if it doesnt than the haters will be understood. So why bother liking or disliking him yet?

Seems we have seen a lot of the "lets wait and see" anytime people don't like what he's done so far. Yet somehow we are supposed to like his 'game adjustments' when there hasn't been a single game.

I can like and dislike him based on this offseason (whether those things turn out in the future or not), or what he's done since being hired. As you said, other than that, judging or suggesting that you "like or dislike" anything based on future games and conjecture doesn't make much sense.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-20-2009, 04:31 PM
- Seems to be lighting a fire under some of the players and his "scheme" can't hurt the development of guys like Royal and Moreno.

- Brings a winning attitude and hasn't seemed to play favorites too much. With all the RBs he's brought in, seems to value the running game which I like.

- Bringing in real defensive coaches.

Dislikes:

- Regardless of what some think of him personally, I think the Cutler trade was a big mistake. There's no doubt in my mind that we've taken a step back at the QB position. I'm not hating on Orton, but I've seen what Cutler can do and his physical skills are exactly what a playoff team needs.

- I'm not calling him a liar because most of what happened so far is "he said, she said", but when he does talk to the media there seems to be a lot of half-truths and carefully worded statements that just make him seem like he's hiding something.

- Going away from the ZBS. Yes, he said he'd incorporate some of it into the new system but with the horses we've got on the O-line, why try to fix what ain't broke? Our line really isn't designed for stand up man-to-man run blocking. Guys like Hamilton and Wiegmann will have real probelms in that type of scheme.

Overall, with the exception of the Cutler trade (which many of us along with most sports analysts consider a poor decision) I'm not dissappointed with how the offseason has gone. Had he decided to trade Marshall too, I'd be a lot more upset. So far, it seems like he's taking the approach with Marshall that he should've taken with Cutler.

D1g1tal j1m
07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Like:

- New HC that oversaw the most explosive "scoring" offensive in league history.

- Bringing in FA's that do not have a "questionable" tag next to their character bios.

- A new and uncharted season to look forward to.

Dislike:

- Changing of Defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. It's almost never successful the 1st few years that it is implemented as a system so I sense a lot of heartburn this season as we transition to it.

- Brandon Marshall. His attitude and stalemate with the FO is going to be a distraction. And I am already sick of hearing about him (but it's not going away anytime soon)