PDA

View Full Version : KC Joyner on the BRONCOS

WARHORSE
07-19-2009, 12:45 PM
KC Joyner expects the Broncos to score more this year than last.

I thought it interesting that Im not the only one out there that believes this.

Excerpt from his chat:

Matt (IA)

Can the Denver offense score more points than last year's team? After all, the Cutler led offense was only 16th in points scored and 21st the year before that.
KC Joyner (4:39 PM)

Absolutely. Moreno is a really good addition and Orton showed he can pilot an offense. It would actually surprise me if they didn't score more points.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/27465/football-scientist-kc-joy

This offensive line....which no one is talking about cause theyre busy talkin about Clady....(and rightly so)........has a single year under its belt.

It has the veteran brainchild as the QB in Wiegs, and the entire starting five were first time starters together.

First time.

Im not sure that Hamilton is going to come out of this as a starter this year, McD likes size and Polumbus, some others may be a consideration.

But regardless........the line is going to be stellar.

Stellar lines dictate games fellas. Ask the Greenbay packers of superbowl 32.

We are simply stacked at the skill positions, especially with Brandon coming back, and we are perfectly tailored to McDaniels offense.

Look for the Broncos to score in bunches.

Thats my opinion.

lex
07-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I would welcome bigger OGs who are mobile enough over smallish OGs who we hope are stout enough. Ive seen Hamilton get ragdolled too much to be completely upset with using someone else at guard. I wonder if it would be Licthensteiger?

Lonestar
07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
SprungOnSports (Long Island)

Based on what you wrote on your blog about Cutler, do you think the Bears aren't going to live up to their expectations? Do you think they might even be better off relying on Matt Forte more and having a QB with not as much hype as Cutler?

KC Joyner (4:05 PM)

Wouldn't you know it, I only get one question in and a Cutler comment gets posted. I'll say this about the Bears - they get a lot of turnovers and have the next Brian Westbrook in their backfield. They went to the Super Bowl with less talent than what they have now. Cutler will hurt them at times but many teams have won with QBs that have high bad decision rates, so they have at least a 50/50 shot at the division.

Do you think the Bears are going to rely on Cutler too much, taking away from the value Forte has on the field?

KC Joyner (4:30 PM)

I certainly hope not but Cutler strikes me as the kind of guy who would not take kindly to a balanced offense. Forte should be their centerpiece and if he isn't because of Cutler, it will be a shame.

KC, Who do you prefer between Forte, Turner, and S. Jax?

KC Joyner (4:35 PM)

Forte all the way.