PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia-360/PS3

Shazam!
07-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Prince of Persia (PoP) is an all new chapter in the series. It will remind some of The Sands of Time with certain elements. In fact, this could've been an all-new franchise from the onset.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Pop2008cover.jpg

The 'Prince' in PoP and his magical chick sidekick throughout the game, Elika, are trying to restore light to the fertile lands to rid them of the corruption and darkness that plagues them, sent forth by the evil Ahriman.

The game is open world as so many are these days. You can start off in any way you'd like, and revisit areas when Elika gains new abilities.

PoP is nothing short of gorgeous and it's environs are beautiful, especially when you free a land of corruption. The graphics are top notch, the animations are fluid.

PoP's platforming aspects work great and controlling Prince is easy. The majority of the game you will spend jumping, leaping, climbing, sliding, wallrunning and roofrunning. The Prince feels somewhat weighty with his acrobatic movements, which is good.

Prince's sarcastic comments and dialogue with Elika are funny.

The combat is simple. You never feel overwhelmed as you only face one enemy at a time, and I didn't like that gameplay aspect. You can pull off some cool-looking moves with either your sword, gauntlet, Elika's magic and acrobatics, combining them for an assault of combos.

The main problem with PoP is that this game is easy. When I say easy, I mean easy. In fact, it's probably the easiest game I've ever played. You can't die. If you fall, Elika will always catch you. If you are about to be killed in a fight, Elika will intervene and save you. She will always tell you where to go so you can never get lost. I guess they were trying to go for an angle of that youre playing a story, but I found the game to be no challenge at all and very repetitive.

PoP is a difficult game to call. The graphics are great, it's an action game but it's a platformer first and it's combat is easy to grasp. It offers no challenge because you can't make a mistake, and there are no penalties. The pacing was too slow for me and there is no urgency in your actions.

This game is tough for me to recommend. It's not bad, it just won't be for everyone. If you like games that move at a fast pace or games that seem rewarding, I can't recommend this. If you're an Achievement whore, there's a lot of them to be had.

5.5/10

Rated T for Teen- Alcohol reference, language, suggestive themes, violence

shank
07-19-2009, 01:58 AM
not a fan of the new art direction of this game... also thought the dialogue was stupid and annoying 90% of the time. the older PoPs were much better, i agree with your score.

underrated29
07-19-2009, 10:04 AM
For the ps2 POP was one of my fav. games.

I will check this one out but if it sounds easy eh.

Shazam!
07-19-2009, 12:18 PM
It is easy. You can't die. If you're looking for Sands of Time 2 you will be severely disappointed. It isn't even close.