PDA

View Full Version : Movies you hate

gnomeflinger
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, this is open for debate. Any movie is fair game. I shall start with...

The entire Lethal Weapon series. I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE them. AMC won't stop showing them. :Cry:

girler
07-19-2009, 12:21 AM
The original Willy Wonka. And the Lion King. Yes, I'm a sick puppy.

Magnificent Seven
07-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Yes, this is open for debate. Any movie is fair game. I shall start with...

The entire Lethal Weapon series. I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE them. AMC won't stop showing them. :Cry:

Hmmm... why do you hate Lethal Weapon movies? I thought they were good.

aberdien
07-19-2009, 01:21 AM
The original Willy Wonka. And the Lion King. Yes, I'm a sick puppy.

I actually hated the new Willy Wonka. As for the Lion King, :mad:

shank
07-19-2009, 01:34 AM
watchmen

Kapaibro
07-19-2009, 01:42 AM
anything with Steven Seagal

NameUsedBefore
07-19-2009, 05:44 AM
The Boondock Saints.

Kapaibro
07-19-2009, 05:51 AM
freddy got fingered

just grossly crass, and not at all funny to me

EMB6903
07-19-2009, 10:08 AM
any movie with that douchebag Mark Walberg having a lead role.

MasterShake
07-19-2009, 10:24 AM
My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Juno. Two movies that people just told me I had to see and I could not stand.

Greek Wedding was a paint by numbers romantic comedy, and the Juno character lost me when she referenced Thundercats and Soupy Sales. No 16 year old girl was old enough to see either of those, let alone talk about them like she was a 35 year old man. And she is so witty and smart but never heard of birth control? I like Ellen Page as an actress, her best movie by far was Hard Candy.

Devilspawn
07-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Any Tyler Perry film. His plays are great, although incredibly predictable, but they do not translate to movies at all. But somehow he makes a shitload of money.

shank
07-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Any Tyler Perry film. His plays are great, although incredibly predictable, but they do not translate to movies at all. But somehow he makes a shitload of money.

tyler perry is a shmuck.

also, i don't understand you nub.

gnomeflinger
07-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Hmmm... why do you hate Lethal Weapon movies? I thought they were good.

I think a lot of the hatred of them comes from the x chromosome. :)

gnomeflinger
07-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, as well as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

I've always hated those cheesy 60's Disney made movies. The adults were idiots and the kids were too, and neither of them had any good acting skills.

Magnificent Seven
07-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Anything with Joe Pantoliano. He is so freaking annoying and I couldn't stand him! Horrible character in Sopranos.

Dreadnought
07-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Easy Rider. Worst. Movie. Ever - at least among those that are supposed classics. It is incredibly dated and near unwatchable

Tommy Boy - simply terrible. Chris Farley wasn't all that funny, and David Spade is possibly the most annoying entertainer ever. He is like nails on a chalkboard

girler
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I tried to watch Prelude to a Kiss on hulu last night. Alec Baldwin and Meg Ryan used to be young, skinny and cute! But then, the most horrible thing happened! Alec took off his shirt and he looked like a Chimpanzee! :Cry: I have to gouge my eyes out with a fork now. I turned the damn movie off. It made no sense whatsoever, and I had to endure his white, hairy gorilla body for hours on end in some stupid supposed love scene, when his poofy head hair was bad enough. :tsk:

sneakers
07-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Donnie Dorko, I hate that movie

Skinny
07-19-2009, 09:08 PM
WTH... Tommy Boy, the Letheal Weapon series, and the original Willy Winka?

Thread fail.

gnomeflinger
07-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Donnie Dorko, I hate that movie

It was weird. I didn't understand it enough to hate it or like it. I have the directors cut that I still need to watch. I refuse to make a decision if I don't understand it fully.

deacon
07-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Any science fiction or fantasy films.

aberdien
07-20-2009, 01:00 AM
One Missed Call and Prom Night.

Not like I was expecting much, the latter was pretty damn funny. Typical hot teenage girls with no brains.

Taken was pretty hilariously bad also.

Anything with Dane Cook.

Buff
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
First of all, the original willy wonka is one of the greatest movies ever made. (But this is "movies you hate" so I suppose I'll refrain from telling you why you're wrong girler.)

I would say you could put 90% of all movies I've ever seen in here. By and large, most of them end up sucking:

All chick flicks suck. I would say any movie with the word "wedding" in it, but wedding crashers is the obvious exception...

All superhero movies suck too: Superman, X-men, Hulk, Transformers... Then Batman sucks less than the rest of them, but they are still movies that I can only sit through once... maybe.

All musicals are terrible and unwatchable.

Plus the Star Wars movies really blew from what I could tell. I never made it through one of them in their entirety.

BroncoNut
07-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, as well as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

I've always hated those cheesy 60's Disney made movies. The adults were idiots and the kids were too, and neither of them had any good acting skills.

I recently watched Chitty Chitty bang bang. I rather enjoyed it for what it was.

underrated29
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Taken- you didnt like taken.

That movie was pretty bad ass.

I have to admit, without being mean. A lot of you people are here are weird.

Lion king, tommy boy,willy wonka, lethal weapons, even star wars were good movies. Definitley not in the hate category thats for sure.

Hate movie- Ideal husband, the reese witherspoon movie where she is a lawyer, i think they made a sequel to that too.

Lonestar
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I liked taken had a strong Idea where the story line was going but I still enjoyed him kicking ass. I do not like him as an actor for some reason I just do not like the guy, can't put my finger on it.. but he did good in this one..

this movie kiboshed the idea of my Daughter going to Europe alone forever..
scared the hell out of me..

Star wars series were special when they came out.. hated star trek but that was because it was all we had a on MED cruise when I was in the Navy was for 30 some odd days seeing the same 4-5 episodes killed it for me..

lethal weapon was great also..

BroncoNut
07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Taken- you didnt like taken.

That movie was pretty bad ass.

I have to admit, without being mean. A lot of you people are here are weird.

Lion king, tommy boy,willy wonka, lethal weapons, even star wars were good movies. Definitley not in the hate category thats for sure.

Hate movie- Ideal husband, the reese witherspoon movie where she is a lawyer, i think they made a sequel to that too.

do you think I'm weird?

underrated29
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
do you think I'm weird?

Nutdog,

You are a full blown weirdo my friend. But i like you. Your formal satire really does it for me. Intential or not, i cant decide. But enjoy it still.

Am i a weirdo?

BroncoNut
07-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Nutdog,

You are a full blown weirdo my friend. But i like you. Your formal satire really does it for me. Intential or not, i cant decide. But enjoy it still.

Am i a weirdo?

my formal satire, I think i know what you mean, that is probably intentional.

yeah, I'm starting to think I'm an odd duck.

you seem pretty normal to me.

underrated29
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
my formal satire, I think i know what you mean, that is probably intentional.

yeah, I'm starting to think I'm an odd duck.

you seem pretty normal to me.

Lol dude-

you just need a little less time with the rabbits and a little more time with a female. A smart one though. I dont hardly know you and i can already tell that you need a smart girl (for her sake and yours).

Just because theres not many formals out there doesnt make you an odd duck. Just rare.

Girls like Rare. You are a delicassy.

But............

what would your dog say?

BroncoNut
07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Lol dude-

you just need a little less time with the rabbits and a little more time with a female. A smart one though. I dont hardly know you and i can already tell that you need a smart girl (for her sake and yours).

Just because theres not many formals out there doesnt make you an odd duck. Just rare.

Girls like Rare. You are a delicassy.

But............

what would your dog say?

yeah, I like smart women. Don't have much time for them right now as my life is pretty crazy.

underrated29
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
yeah, I like smart women. Don't have much time for them right now as my life is pretty crazy.

Thats an excuse and you know it. ;)

Besides an intelligent woman would understand.

On topic- i just thought of another movie i hated. Bridge to taribithia.

Buff
07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Tin Cup

BroncoAV06
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
First of all, the original willy wonka is one of the greatest movies ever made. (But this is "movies you hate" so I suppose I'll refrain from telling you why you're wrong girler.)

I would say you could put 90% of all movies I've ever seen in here. By and large, most of them end up sucking:

All chick flicks suck. I would say any movie with the word "wedding" in it, but wedding crashers is the obvious exception...

All superhero movies suck too: Superman, X-men, Hulk, Transformers... Then Batman sucks less than the rest of them, but they are still movies that I can only sit through once... maybe.

Plus the Star Wars movies really blew from what I could tell. I never made it through one of them in their entirety.

What the heck do you enjoy man? Sitting on your lawn and yelling at them damn kids for having fun whle shakeing a stick?

gnomeflinger
07-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Thats an excuse and you know it. ;)

Besides an intelligent woman would understand.

On topic- i just thought of another movie i hated. Bridge to taribithia.

I hated it, too. It had an awful, pointless ending.

Speaking of awful, pointless endings, add Pay It Forward to the list.

I'm female, it's okay for me not to like Lethal Weapon. :D

Even as a kid I hated those Disney movies, and other movies like it. Blah!

gnomeflinger
07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
What the heck do you enjoy man? Sitting on your lawn and yelling at them damn kids for having fun whle shakeing a stick?

If Buff is going to end up shaking sticks at the whipper-snappers for not liking Star Wars and Tin Cup, I'll sit next to him and yell at them to get off my damn lawn.

Buff
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM

It's not my fault that almost all movies suck. :whoknows:

But yes, you throw your ball on my porch and I'm keeping that SOB.

Dreadnought
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Gnomey and Buff should be my neighbors. We'll terrify the lil turds daily. I prefer to shake a hoe or a rake myself.

In answer to Skinney's complaint, I can't help it if David Spade blows and brings desolation and corruption to everything he touches. He cannot be in a film and not ruin it utterly.

Out of Africa was heinous, as is nearly every other Meryl Streep movie. She is a great actress by virtue of lots of people saying she is a great actress. You can't prove it by me.

Skinny
07-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I thought Joe Dirt was brilliant.

BroncoAV06
07-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Son of the Mask, thank god for clickers.

Well I will be sure to aim for the windows to make it count if you are going to keep my ball.:eviltongue:

Timmy!
07-22-2009, 04:14 AM
This thread is total fail. Way to many ok movies being hated on. Come on people. Tommy Boy? How can anybody HATE Tommy Boy. Soooooo many more shitty movies out there. Time for Timmy to set this shit straight. Let's see....just a short list:

Sisterhood of the traveling pants (99.8% of chick flicks can suck my balls)
Jaws 3-D (weaaaaaaaaaaaak)
Kazaam: For the love of god man. Shaq licks monkey nuts.
Son of the Mask: S U C K.
Basic Instinct 2: :tsk:
Battlefield Earth: W T F?!?!?!
Catwoman: It takes a special talent to make Halle Berry look like a douche

Benetto
07-22-2009, 05:22 AM
The movie "white girls", is racist...but it also sucked badly..

I find it hard to believe if a couple of caucasian brothers made a movie called "Black girls". And it was about a couple of white guys dressing up and sterotyping black people, it would not go on without having Rev. Al Sharpton and his band of followers making a huge fuss about how racist it is to have a movie made by two white guys, called Black Girls...And to sterotype and generalize black folks. JMHO...The movie sucked REALLY badly too.

A couple others...

Deep blue sea
Annapolis
Clueless

underrated29
07-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Alexander.

The longest waste of time i have ever seen. Besides Rasario in the nude the movie blew ass.

dogfish
07-29-2009, 10:47 PM

whew, good save-- that was a close one. . . i was about to burst a blood vessel. . . :eek:

do you think I'm weird?

is this a trick question??

CrazyHorse
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Citizen Kane
The Breakfast Club

I HATE these movies. There were good for their time but are totally dated.

Lonestar
07-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Citizen Kane
The Breakfast Club

ya think?

CrazyHorse
07-31-2009, 05:28 AM
ya think?

Good, you agree.
You hate those movies too?

broncophan
08-22-2009, 06:00 AM
"Spy Hard" is about as bad as a movie can be.....imo

OrangeHoof
08-22-2009, 12:56 PM
1. "Borat". I actually felt my brain cells shrinking watching it. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

2. "The Big Chill". Not a bad movie, really, but they couldn't write a passable ending so they all jumped in bed and screwed each other. And your point was?

3. "First Monday in October". Before Ronald Reagan nominated the first woman to the Supreme Court, Jill Clayburgh played the first woman justice on the Supreme Court. They spent 90 minutes building up respect for this woman then, near the end, put her in a gratuitous shower scene so they could get the "R" rating. I don't consider nudity offensive but, in this case, it was disgusting. It was like catching your mom naked. Eccch!

4. "Speed" I can suspend credibility only so far but when Sandra Bullock is driving a city bus full of passengers at (and they had the nerve to show us the speedometer) 80-bleeping-miles-an-hour over a missing section of under-construction freeway, I'm sorry, but it does not leap over that span like Evel Knievel. It crashes into the support beam, blows up and everyone dies, okay? Convoluted plot lines? Okay, I'll play along. But PLEASE don't insult my intelligence.

5. "Runaway Jury". This is typical of a lot of Hollywood movies where liberalism triumphs over common sense. It's a good movie other than the obvious flaw which is that suing gun manufacturers for somebody going on a shooting spree is like suing Cadillac because a little old lady drove through a crowded sidewalk and ran over a dozen people. Of course, not once is that notion mentioned in the film because the libs who wrote it, shot it, produced it and distributed it didn't want you to think about that. They just wanted you to punish those evil gun dealers so who cares about logic?

Now, to be honest, I don't watch horror/slasher films and I don't see many "chick flicks" nor do I entertain the idiocy of watching Michael Moore, etc so there is a lot of bad filmmaking I've passed over but this list represents some of the hot buttons that make a movie bad for me.

OrangeHoof
08-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Citizen Kane
The Breakfast Club

"Citizen Kane" (Orson Welles) was the inventor of many cinematic tricks we take for granted today. Plus, it was a movie mocking one of the media giants of the age, William Randolph Hearst, overcoming numerous attempts by the Hearst company to keep the film from ever being shown. Without that context, you can't really appreciate it. And, in the end, it had a simple message which is that wealth doesn't buy happiness or forestall death.

Hate on Breakfast Club all you want but I have to defend Citizen Kane, although I will understand if you do not appreciate it in context.

BroncoNut
08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Tin Cup

huh... I didn't particularly care for that movie either. I wouldn't say I hated it though. I thought I was missing something because I didn't seem to like it as much as others.

BroncoNut
08-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought Joe Dirt was brilliant.

dude. I love that flick. hilarioius movie

Hogan11
09-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Oh man, some of the very worst wastes of film there ever was.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show....a film so rancid, I couldn't even make it through the whole thing in a theatre with all the audience participation going on. To this day, I've never been able to make it to the end of this film. Docked an extra star for launching the career of Meatloaf :tsk:

Grease....it was never the word, period.

Grease 2.....for masochists only

Honestly, not only can I not think of one good musical, but I'm having trouble thinking of any films that are worse than the ones listed above.

girler
09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh man, some of the very worst wastes of film there ever was.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show....a film so rancid, I couldn't even make it through the whole thing in a theatre with all the audience participation going on. To this day, I've never been able to make it to the end of this film. Docked an extra star for launching the career of Meatloaf :tsk:

Grease....it was never the word, period.

Grease 2.....for masochists only

Honestly, not only can I not think of one good musical, but I'm having trouble thinking of any films that are worse than the ones listed above.

Crybaby is worse. :D

btw, cool avy :rockon:

Hogan11
09-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Crybaby is worse. :D

btw, cool avy :rockon:

Crybaby...ugh. Ever try to sit thru Bye Bye Birdie? Paul Lynde couldn't even save that film.

How's about trying Xanadu on for size sometime :faint2:

OrangeHoof
09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I've enjoyed movies where music was part of the presentation, such as That Thing You Do, The Five Heartbeats, The Idolmaker, etc.

But when ordinary characters break into orchestra-accompanied song, I've always felt that was a little contrived but not a deal-breaker. My favorite "musical" is probably "Paint Your Wagon" (with such immortal musical talent as Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood!). My father loved it enough to take us to the theatre three times to watch it however the Mormon side of the family found the basic premise (bigamy with two husbands) deeply offensive.

frauschieze
09-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Musicals are not for everyone. I like most of them. Love some.

But that is not for this thread.

I hate ALL of the Barbie movies. Oh god, are they awful. I can't really think of anything "adult" that I've truly hated.

girler
09-11-2009, 09:43 PM

Crybaby...ugh. Ever try to sit thru Bye Bye Birdie? Paul Lynde couldn't even save that film.

How's about trying Xanadu on for size sometime :faint2:

Well I will admit that when I was a pre-teen, I adored Xanadu and Grease 2. :laugh:

I tried to watch them both in the last few years and didn't make it past the first 5 minutes. :doh:

And Barbie movies??? Those send me running for the hills!!! :Cry:

jrelway
09-12-2009, 10:13 AM
street fighter the movie with vandamme. what a way to shame one of the best video games.

Slick
09-12-2009, 11:34 AM
The Boondock Saints.

You're not my friend anymore NUBcakes.

Dreadnought
09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Musicals are not for everyone. I like most of them. Love some.

But that is not for this thread.

I hate ALL of the Barbie movies. Oh god, are they awful. I can't really think of anything "adult" that I've truly hated.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty bad, no doubt, and I own every damned one of them. My daughter can sing every song from Barbie Princess and the Pauper...and she has lots of practice. Lots. And lots. And lots. Since age 4, so 4 years now.

As kid movies go I have an especial hatred for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Punishing. Most any of the newer Disney kid non-animated movie will set my teeth on edge, e.g. Air Bud and such. The older stuff like Treasure Island and Mary Poppins are pretty good but the others? Gack.

dogfish
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty bad, no doubt, and I own every damned one of them. My daughter can sing every song from Barbie Princess and the Pauper...and she has lots of practice. Lots. And lots. And lots. Since age 4, so 4 years now.

As kid movies go I have an especial hatred for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Punishing. Most any of the newer Disney kid non-animated movie will set my teeth on edge, e.g. Air Bud and such. The older stuff like Treasure Island and Mary Poppins are pretty good but the others? Gack.

dread, you clearly need to get your kid going on some better viewing material-- consider it a parental responsibility. . . .

one of my close friends has a five-year-old daughter-- i've got her completely hooked on the simpsons. . . . :D

Hogan11
09-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I've enjoyed movies where music was part of the presentation, such as That Thing You Do, The Five Heartbeats, The Idolmaker, etc.

But when ordinary characters break into orchestra-accompanied song, I've always felt that was a little contrived but not a deal-breaker. My favorite "musical" is probably "Paint Your Wagon" (with such immortal musical talent as Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood!). My father loved it enough to take us to the theatre three times to watch it however the Mormon side of the family found the basic premise (bigamy with two husbands) deeply offensive.

There's a difference between films about music and musicals...I wouldn't call films like "That Thing You Do!" or "Almost Famous" musicals although they both have a lot of music in them.....it's like you say "when ordinary characters break into orchestra-accompanied song" that's, more often than not, a deal breaker for me big time.

Hogan11
09-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Of course, I left out the absolute worst film of all time, hands down....the infamous "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Get the H1N1 first.

Dreadnought
09-12-2009, 09:06 PM
dread, you clearly need to get your kid going on some better viewing material-- consider it a parental responsibility. . . .

one of my close friends has a five-year-old daughter-- i've got her completely hooked on the simpsons. . . . :D

We watch a lot of Errol Flynn type technicolor swashbuckers, which is pretty cool. I don't actually watch that other shyte. Its just that I can't totally avoid exposure

frauschieze
09-12-2009, 09:29 PM
*serenading Dread*

Because you're always free to begin again
And you're always free to believe
When you find the place
That your heart belongs
You'll never leave

*chokes*

God, I hate them all.