PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Dukes calls out McDaniels for lying to the media

roomemp
07-17-2009, 09:07 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/16/players-media-have-trust-issues-with-mcdaniels/

Just found this link. Not sure if it has been posted yet. Jamie Dukes really has this thing against McDaniels. Opinions?

P.S.-My opinion is that Jamie Dukes is a dumba**

Thnikkaman
07-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Bad link.

rationalfan
07-17-2009, 09:47 AM
This story is simply too easy. Of course players don't trust him. He's a new coach who's going to bring in his own guys and his own system. Naturally, that means players from an old regime will be wary of him, suspecting they might be casualties of change.

Plus, there are just some people who HATE change.

Ravage!!!
07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Some here will continue to defend, that McD only "answered the phone" on those trade talks... believing that simple lie.

He's a pupil of Belicheck.... known as one of the biggest liars in the sport. McDaniels was lying coming out of the gate with Cutler,and really, in honesty, hasn't really shown that he knows how to be upfront with the media.... yet.

Elevation inc
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Some here will continue to defend, that McD only "answered the phone" on those trade talks... believing that simple lie.

He's a pupil of Belicheck.... known as one of the biggest liars in the sport. McDaniels was lying coming out of the gate with Cutler,and really, in honesty, hasn't really shown that he knows how to be upfront with the media.... yet.

can ya blame him??? its not like the media is a good thing....lol.....i would have just taken the fifth probally easier...lol

Northman
07-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Everyone lies, even Jay Cutler lied during the whole fiasco. And guess what? Im damn sure Shanahan lied sometime throughout his coaching career also. Its a competitive business and deception is part of getting the upper hand. If this is anything knew to people than you really havent been paying attention to the sport.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2009, 10:22 AM
There have been situations where it is hard to believe who is telling the truth:

Cutler stated that he never received calls from Bowlen, but Bowlen said that Cutler would NOT return his calls??????

If I remember correctly, yesterday Brandon made the statement that he did NOT receive anything from the Broncos stating that he needed to report on July 27th, but he learned about it on line?????? All media, who have reported on when the players need to report, have stated that the Broncos sent out letters to ALL players in regards to when they need to report. Could the truth really be that Brandon has NOT been home, or should I say, has not been where the letter was mailed - to receive it??????

To me, it is time to sit back, and see what the Broncos will do on the field this year. Whatever has happened in the past has happened - let it go.

Northman
07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
There have been situations where it is hard to believe who is telling the truth:

Cutler stated that he never received calls from Bowlen, but Bowlen said that Cutler would NOT return his calls??????

If I remember correctly, yesterday Brandon made the statement that he did NOT receive anything from the Broncos stating that he needed to report on July 27th, but he learned about it on line?????? All media, who have reported on when the players need to report, have stated that the Broncos sent out letters to ALL players in regards to when they need to report. Could the truth really be that Brandon has NOT been home, or should I say, has not been where the letter was mailed - to receive it??????

To me, it is time to sit back, and see what the Broncos will do on the field this year. Whatever has happened in the past has happened - let it go.

Thats really all it comes down too. Sure, the Broncos might fall flat on their face but if thats the case it hangs on McD's head. But until we can see how the PLAYERS and SCHEME plays out we wont know for sure if he will fail or not. Its just going to be kind of funny though it McD actually manages to field a solid team and if they succeed how many of the naysayers will even give him credit for it. :lol:

claymore
07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
This will all be solved by the win loss record this January, and next January. If he wins 9 games this year it was worth it.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Not upfront with the media???? Perhaps Dukes only wants to report certain things. I found the following in regards to McDaniels meeting with Brandon:

http://community.kdvr.com/_BRONCOS-BRIEF-MCDANIELS-DID-NOT-MEET-WITH-MARSHALL-ORTON/blog/347692/96399.html?b=

* When Fox 31 Sports asked Josh McDaniels if he followed through on his statement yesterday at practice that he was meeting with Marshall later on that day , McDaniels admitted today he in fact did not meet with his disgruntled pro bowl wide receiver Friday. McDaniels now confirms that Marshall only met with owner Pat Bowlen.

So, right away Dukes states that McDaniels lied about meeting with Brandon. Where does it say that McDaniels stated he HAD met with Marshall? Is it quite possible that McDaniels had every intention of meeting with Brandon, but it did not work out? As I live in metro Denver, and there was full tv coverage on that day, it showed Brandon carrying out boxes. Might it just have been possible that McDaniels had every intention of meeting with Brandon AFTER practice, after media wanting interviews, etc., but Brandon flew the coop before McDaniels could meet with him????????

MasterShake
07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
?

You hit the nail on the head. None of us here can do anything about personnel decisions or coaching. I just root for the guys in blue with the little horse head on their helmet. I like to keep things simple. I might get a lobotomy before the season so I can just sit there and drool and smile no matter what.

"Why are you smiling? They lost??"

"Gaaaahhhh...hahahaha! *slurp*"

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
You hit the nail on the head. None of us here can do anything about personnel decisions or coaching. I just root for the guys in orange with the little horse head on their helmet. I like to keep things simple. I might get a lobotomy before the season so I can just sit there and drool and smile no matter what.

"Why are you smiling? They lost??"

"Gaaaahhhh...hahahaha! *slurp*"

As Jr would say - edited for accuracy

NightTrainLayne
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Not upfront with the media???? Perhaps Dukes only wants to report certain things. I found the following in regards to McDaniels meeting with Brandon:

* When Fox 31 Sports asked Josh McDaniels if he followed through on his statement yesterday at practice that he was meeting with Marshall later on that day , McDaniels admitted today he in fact did not meet with his disgruntled pro bowl wide receiver Friday. McDaniels now confirms that Marshall only met with owner Pat Bowlen.

So, right away Dukes states that McDaniels lied about meeting with Brandon. Where does it say that McDaniels stated he HAD met with Marshall? Is it quite possible that McDaniels had every intention of meeting with Brandon, but it did not work out? As I live in metro Denver, and there was full tv coverage on that day, it showed Brandon carrying out boxes. Might it just have been possible that McDaniels had every intention of meeting with Brandon AFTER practice, after media wanting interviews, etc., but Brandon flew the coop before McDaniels could meet with him????????

Exactly my thoughts. Dukes has such an axe to grind with McD that everything gets viewed through a lens that puts McD in a bad light.

DenBronx
07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
put W's in the win column and this will all go away. for now McD will catch heat until he proves himself. dukes tells it like it is and i'm pretty sure he knows a little more than your average broncos forum poster.

Northman
07-17-2009, 12:28 PM
put W's in the win column and this will all go away. for now McD will catch heat until he proves himself. dukes tells it like it is and i'm pretty sure he knows a little more than your average broncos forum poster.

Based on what? We havent seen McD and company even play a game yet. So how would Dukes know how it will pan out more than the average Bronco fan poster?

G_Money
07-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Jamie shakes his head like a giant Magic 8 Ball and waits to see what the first response that rolls up in front of his eyes is.

It's what makes his commentary so...insightful.

~G

Northman
07-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Jamie shakes his head like a giant Magic 8 Ball and waits to see what the first response that rolls up in front of his eyes is.

~G

Yea, sounds like Dukes:

● As I see it, yes
● It is certain
● It is decidedly so
● Most likely
● Outlook good
● Signs point to yes
● Without a doubt
● Yes
● Yes - definitely
● You may rely on it

● Reply hazy, try again
● Ask again later
● Better not tell you now
● Cannot predict now
● Concentrate and ask again

● Don't count on it
● My reply is no
● My sources say no
● Outlook not so good
● Very doubtful

T.K.O.
07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
dukes is a media mutt ! he just wants to stir the pot....he tried to get rod smith to say the broncos were in trouble next season and didnt like it when rod said "the broncos are gonna be alot better than people think"
jaime said...uhh there lookin at 2-3 in the 1stv 5 games.....blah blah....
he's a pud !

Northman
07-17-2009, 01:38 PM
dukes is a media mutt ! he just wants to stir the pot....he tried to get rod smith to say the broncos were in trouble next season and didnt like it when rod said "the broncos are gonna be alot better than people think"
jaime said...uhh there lookin at 2-3 in the 1stv 5 games.....blah blah....
he's a pud !

Yea, but Jaime would know better than Rod right? :lol:

Greatspirits
07-17-2009, 01:39 PM
**** jamie dukes! He has a man crush on Jay Cutler so he's been on McDaniels ever since.

dogfish
07-17-2009, 01:42 PM

~G

G, that was beautiful. . . . :lol: :lol:

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Posted: July 16th, 2009 | Jamie Dukes

Jay Cutler isn’t the only player who has developed trust issues with first-year Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. A few other players have privately expressed concern, and the media has joined the chorus in feeling that McDaniels has a problem with honesty.

Cutler, who’s now a Chicago Bear, said his rationale for wanting a trade out of Denver was because McDaniels refused to be honest with him about his role in pursuing Matt Cassel. According to Cutler, McDaniels continued to deny his role even when confronted with incontrovertible evidence that he had tried to trade for Cassel, his pupil in New England.

But this trust issue goes beyond players and extends to the Denver media. In June, Broncos WR Brandon Marshall met with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen to discuss his future. In that meeting, according to Marshall, Bowlen said he wouldn’t stand in the way of the receiver being traded to another team.

Later that afternoon, reporters questioned McDaniels about whether he had met with Marshall. According to Mike Klis of The Denver Post, McDaniels said, “We met after Pat’s meeting with Brandon, and we are going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representatives.”

Within subsequent days, KDVR-TV in Denver received a tip that McDaniels wasn’t being forthright and challenged him on his statement. Presented with the report, McDaniels admitted that he DID NOT meet with Marshall.

Some would say this is no big deal, but trust is the cornerstone of this society. We need to be able to trust our government. Trust is essential to marriage and relationships. We need to be able to trust our children. We need to be able to trust our friends.

As a former NFL player, I can tell you that trust is the foundation between the player and the coach. When players trust their coach, they play at another level. Unfortunately, truthfulness seems to be a character trait that Bill Belichick didn’t pass down to young McDaniels.

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 02:05 PM
as someone mentioned he has been on cutlers jock forever and anyone that says anything about him and God Forbid that Josh traded an Pro bowl QB.. that is the sin of all sins..

we have really never gotten good comments from jamie, to expect them to come now well I'll take Rods word for it long before this moron..

broncofanatic1987
07-17-2009, 02:08 PM
So what if McDaniels lied to the media? Why is that important?

He has a football team to run and if keeping the media unaware of what is really happening is important for him to be able to get the things done he needs to get done, then so be it.

The media has a sense of self importance that is out of control.

If the Broncos win games, no one is going to care about a few white lies. That's the hypocrisy if it all. No one will care about any lies or untold truths in regard to Cutler or the media. People will continue to harp on those things if the Broncos lose games because they will be looking to make McDaniels look as bad as possible. It's all ridiculous. Win or lose, McDaniels probably just did or said whatever he felt was necessary to try to get done what he believes he needed to get done.

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 02:12 PM
As a former NFL player, I can tell you that trust is the foundation between the player and the coach. When players trust their coach, they play at another level. Unfortunately, truthfulness seems to be a character trait that Bill Belichick didn’t pass down to young McDaniels.

how does this moron know he did not.

FWIW Belichick is known to be one of the least press friendly guys in the NFL.. does anyone think or even believe Bill has not lied through his teeth to the press at sometime in his career?

broncofanatic1987
07-17-2009, 02:19 PM
how does this moron know he did not.

FWIW Belichick is known to be one of the least press friendly guys in the NFL.. does anyone think or even believe Bill has not lied through his teeth to the press at sometime in his career?

Belichick lies every time an injury report comes out. He lists players on the injury report for the silliest things just to throw off the competition.

I'm sure that some of how McDaniels handles the media comes from what he learned while with the Patsies.

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Belichick lies every time an injury report comes out. He lists players on the injury report for the silliest things just to throw off the competition.

I'm sure that some of how McDaniel's handles the media comes from what he learned while with the Patsies.

and the media does not like Bill either if he was not a HUGE winner then they would be all over him like a pack of _ _ _ _ _ _ _.. you Can fill in the blanks about the only Journalist (MO Excluded) that I have seen and trusted was Adam S..

G_Money
07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I will say that the reason I don't give McDaniels and his version of the Cutler scenario any more credence than Jay's is because of stuff like this.

He does seem to like to bend the truth.

And I believe the players do have a problem with trusting him. When I read between the lines on what the ever-diplomatic Champ Bailey is saying, he wants to see some results from his new boss ASAP too. I don't think any of the team are filled with confidence after this offseason.

That's okay. If Slowik were coming back I don't think you could say they'd be full of confidence for different results either. Josh will get the chance to prove his way is the winning way, something Shanahan's coaches were epic-failing at.

McDaniels can lie to the media all he wants if he wins.

He can trade QBs and get into spats with WRs and dump vets for no apparent reason - all he has to do is win.

He can have weird drafts and geld his inherited FO staff, and no one will care. Win, Josh.

Because if you don't win, fast, there won't be any goodwill to fall back on among players or fans.

But none of that means Jamie Dukes is any better at analysis than one of these:

http://www.revilotoys.co.uk/acatalog/vilac-rosy-the-cow-noise-box-sml.jpg

Just shake either one and it'll make vague noises that might or not resemble communication - on some level.

~G

Dean
07-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Why all this name calling and attacks on Jamie Dukes? We as Bronco fans should thank him. His inability to do his job and his constant unfounded attacks on the Broncos organization seems to be the only thing in this tumultuous off-season we can agree on.

T.K.O.
07-17-2009, 03:12 PM
okay....
first of all it is a well known fact that ALL coaches tell the media some things to gain an edge.shanny did it all the time ,coaches use the "probable" and "questionable" status for players every week.
are they obligated to notify the media of a players progress on an injury ?....NO
might they gain an advantage by witholding info on occasion ?....yes (so they do

as for the statement mcd made about meeting with marshall....
read it again
he said "we met with brandon" not "i met with brandon"
there is a big difference
look at the military when the secretary of state makes a statement that "we are at war" does that mean "he is at war"
or when a ceo of a large company says "we are doing this or that"
does that mean he personally is handeling the particulars? no
so it doesnt mean he is a liar and its quite possible he did have someone speak with brandon and after the media blew it up into another "he said'he said" b.s. story he was forced to clarify that he himself was not present at the meeting.
the man has a mediocre team to rebuild ,he cant jump everytime a player gets his jock in a bunch.
and i for one agree with how he is going about business...
any coach worth his salt will spend his energy and time with the players who want to work hard and make the team better !:salute:

Tempus Fugit
07-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Would those of you bashing McDaniels on this kindly post a link to McDaniels stating that he had met with Marshall on the day in question? Please don't give us one using future tense, because that means nothing. We need a past tense quote.

Overtime
07-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Just found this link. Not sure if it has been posted yet. Jamie Dukes really has this thing against McDaniels. Opinions?

dukes is a fat obnoxious, annoying roly poly of a never was.

MOtorboat
07-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Would those of you bashing McDaniels on this kindly post a link to McDaniels stating that he had met with Marshall on the day in question? Please don't give us one using future tense, because that means nothing. We need a past tense quote.

FWIW, this is the quote published in the original Denver Post story.

"We'll do what the league rules allow us to do for a player that has missed a mandatory activity," McDaniels said. "The rest of that is really internal. I've spoken to him and his agent, and that's a decision that he's made."

T.K.O.
07-17-2009, 04:06 PM

"We'll do what the league rules allow us to do for a player that has missed a mandatory activity," McDaniels said. "The rest of that is really internal. I've spoken to him and his agent, and that's a decision that he's made."

considering the pressure placed on the 32 year old rookie coach by the simple fact that denver has been mediocre for a decade and we want wins....NOW
combined with the fact that he had a media spectacle made of something many coaches have tried in the past (getting their players from former teams)
had an egomaniac young qb throw a tantrum and demand a trade,and now has to deal with people actually trying to figure out how to blame him for brandon marshall skipping mandatory training and wanting a new deal.
all the while seriously trying to prepare a fairly young team with major defensive issues to be winners,while learning a new scheme(and possibly the most complex in the league).
i think he has handled it pretty damn well,thats just my opinion though!

and if knowshon turns out to be the next TD....well i dont care what else happens....i LIKE IT !

WARHORSE
07-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Dukes obviously has a bone to pick with McD. He doesnt say a thing about Cutlers truthfulness, nor his behavior.

Obviously skewed point of view here.

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 09:04 PM
considering the pressure placed on the 32 year old rookie coach by the simple fact that denver has been mediocre for a decade and we want wins....NOW
combined with the fact that he had a media spectacle made of something many coaches have tried in the past (getting their players from former teams)
had an egomaniac young qb throw a tantrum and demand a trade,and now has to deal with people actually trying to figure out how to blame him for brandon marshall skipping mandatory training and wanting a new deal.
all the while seriously trying to prepare a fairly young team with major defensive issues to be winners,while learning a new scheme(and possibly the most complex in the league).
i think he has handled it pretty damn well,thats just my opinion though!

and if knowshon turns out to be the next TD....well i dont care what else happens....i LIKE IT !

wait a minute mister..

your just way to logical to post here..:salute:

Tempus Fugit
07-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Ok, so no word of McDaniels claiming that they had a meeting there, either.

ChampWJ
07-18-2009, 10:06 AM
dukes is a fat obnoxious, annoying roly poly of a never was.

You are absolutely right! How can Jamie Dukes not see the greatness that is about to happen with Kyle Orton at the helm? He must be an idiot!

SoCalImport
07-18-2009, 10:18 AM
You are absolutely right! How can Jamie Dukes not see the greatness that is about to happen with Kyle Orton at the helm? He must be an idiot!

Lesson on how not to post...

1) don't put words in someone else' s mouth (post)

It just makes you look bad.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok, so no word of McDaniels claiming that they had a meeting there, either.

I've spoken to him and his agent, and that's a decision that he's made."

This does not say that McD personally sat down with Brandon and his agent. It could mean that he spoke to them via phone?

SoCalImport
07-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I can't stand Dukes anymore. Can't deal with his 'I can raise my voice faster than you can' antics. Most of what he says is totally slanted anyway.

NFL Total Access has gone way down hill IMHO. They didn't always obnoxiously yell over each other, did they?

gobroncsnv
07-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Dukes doesn't really register on my give-a-crap-ometer... It is the off-season, and NFL Network has to have SOMEbody who can fill up the dead space in the off-season. Give me Sapp's rapier-like wit anytime.

MOtorboat
07-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Most of what he says is totally slanted anyway

Just curious which way he is "slanted?"

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2009, 11:05 AM
"We're going to do the best thing we can for the organization and for Brandon," McDaniels said before the meeting. "If those two things are the same, then it will work out. That's what we're attempting to do right now."

McDaniels said Marshall's contract could come up during the meeting, which was expected to include owner Pat Bowlen.

He drove away from the team's training complex after about 1 hour, 15 minutes but didn't stop to speak with reporters. Team officials would not comment except to say that a meeting had been planned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810cc069&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Of course, any one, including Dukes, can interpret this any way they want to. My interpretation is that, as the article states "a meeting had been planned", that the meeting would be held with McD, and Bowlen after practice, BUT Brandon and his agent chose to sit down with Bowlen ONLY while McD was on the practice field with the team, and after meeting with Bowlen, Brandon packed up his stuff and left.

ChampWJ
07-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Lesson on how not to post...

1) don't put words in someone else' s mouth (post)

It just makes you look bad.

You are assuming I was not serious with my post. Thank you for the internet lesson.

I think Jamie Dukes is as big of a hack as the next guy but let's be honest here. Its not like his opinions are that out of line with what most predictions are saying about the team this year.

SoCalImport
07-18-2009, 12:26 PM
You are assuming I was not serious with my post. Thank you for the internet lesson.

I think Jamie Dukes is as big of a hack as the next guy but let's be honest here. Its not like his opinions are that out of line with what most predictions are saying about the team this year.

Touche'

I suppose you're right about the majority of predictions,
although I have noticed somewhat of a change in the attitudes of some in the media (no link, just my perception) Most of which has been related to reports of the way McDaniels is handling preparation for the season. (eg: mini-camp, trainers, unbiased evaluation)

Lonestar
07-18-2009, 01:29 PM
"We're going to do the best thing we can for the organization and for Brandon," McDaniels said before the meeting. "If those two things are the same, then it will work out. That's what we're attempting to do right now."

McDaniels said Marshall's contract could come up during the meeting, which was expected to include owner Pat Bowlen.

He drove away from the team's training complex after about 1 hour, 15 minutes but didn't stop to speak with reporters. Team officials would not comment except to say that a meeting had been planned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810cc069&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Of course, any one, including Dukes, can interpret this any way they want to. My interpretation is that, as the article states "a meeting had been planned", that the meeting would be held with McD, and Bowlen after practice, BUT Brandon and his agent chose to sit down with Bowlen ONLY while McD was on the practice field with the team, and after meeting with Bowlen, Brandon packed up his stuff and left.

I do not believe I saw anything about an agent being present when this was originally reported and it was reported almost every where..

All the media know what his agent looks like so if he had been seen at Dove Valley I would guess they would have included him it the reports..

IIRC everything reported was BM met with Pat while Josh was holding a practice.. then in his blog BM alluded to the fact that Pat had told him he would be traded..

I suspect the above hi lighted info was commentary and not reporting the fact and nothing but the facts...

Lonestar
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM

which means one of tow things he knows what he is talking about

OR

does not know and is a talking parrot on the set.. with a woody for Josh Etal..

He has always been on jays jock so IMHO naturally anything against him is a triple negative..

Overtime
07-18-2009, 06:01 PM

if predictions were accurate I'd be a rich person.

I think the media's coverage of all this as with anything (Michael Jackson's death, OJ Simpson murder trial, Paris Hilton Goes to Jail Soap Opera) the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and magnified more than what it really is.

sure there's some mistakes been made by McDaniels, but it's not like we don't have any QB at all, it's not like we don't have any feasible backups, it's not like the whole team has walked out on him and left him with nothing. The 2009 Broncos will suit up, they will go through camp, they will come out of that tunnel on opening day. How all of that turns out remains to be seen, and there's no media hack out there who knows 100% for sure what is going to happen this season, all they can do is guess.

T.K.O.
07-18-2009, 06:32 PM
How all of that turns out remains to be seen, and there's no media hack out there who knows 100% for sure what is going to happen this season, all they can do is guess.

i think you had an extra 0 on that it should read.....

How all of that turns out remains to be seen, and there's no media hack out there who knows 10 % for sure what is going to happen this season, all they can do is guess

Simple Jaded
07-18-2009, 10:54 PM
If Dukes were on McDaniels side, 99% of this forum would be humping his leg right now.......

MOtorboat
07-19-2009, 12:32 AM
If Dukes were on McDaniels side, 99% of this forum would be humping his leg right now.......

Journalists are only good journalists if you agree with them.

Personally, I wish people were more intelligent than they are, that might save some of us the trouble.

LoyalSoldier
07-19-2009, 03:34 AM
My thoughts exactly. Well except the humping part.

Tempus Fugit
07-19-2009, 09:42 AM

Personally, I wish people were more intelligent than they are, that might save some of us the trouble.

My thoughts exactly. Well except the humping part.

He made a claim that the coach of the team this message board is dedicated to lied, and he did so without publishing legitimate proof of it. Do you really think people are going to throw him a "Thank you!" party?

lex
07-19-2009, 11:16 AM

Walter Cronkite just died yesterday. Have a little respect.

LoyalSoldier
07-19-2009, 03:42 PM
He made a claim that the coach of the team this message board is dedicated to lied, and he did so without publishing legitimate proof of it. Do you really think people are going to throw him a "Thank you!" party?

McDaniels acts have not exactly been free of controversy about lying to his players. If Duke made that claim without a single incident on the part of McD then it would sound stupid, but let's face it so far McDaniels has had moments of questionable character.

BroncoWave
07-19-2009, 04:35 PM

Not true. I've thought Dukes was a moron since before I had ever heard of Josh McDaniels. I almost never watch NFLN anymore but one of the things that sticks in my mind from when I watched is what a moron Dukes is.

LoyalSoldier
07-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Not true. I've thought Dukes was a moron since before I had ever heard of Josh McDaniels. I almost never watch NFLN anymore but one of the things that sticks in my mind from when I watched is what a moron Dukes is.

Actually I would say it is true. Now as for Duke I agree he is an idiot, but even so people will love idiots if the idiots agree with them.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2009, 06:05 PM

To be honest, I have always thought that Dukes was a complete idiot, I still do, the man can barely get through a segment without mentioning money: How much this guy makes, how much that guy is going to make, how much this guy should make. He seems to think the entire white world is racist. Micheal Vick should be reinstated immediately and reimbursed any money he lost along with a big fat, wet kiss of an apology from anybody that thinks otherwise. I thought the way he handled an interview with Matt Cassel was bush league (Had a huge issue with the money he was set to make).

But a broken clock is right twice a day, and Dukes seems to be right about McDaniels, he's a ****ing liar to the core.

And if Dukes were defending McDaniels, 99% of this forum would be propping him up, just like I am now.......

weazel
07-21-2009, 05:43 PM

my thoughts...

get over it.