PDA

View Full Version : Rumors, Rants & Raves

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Schon: Rumors, Rants & Raves 7/16/09

Syndicated Sports Columnist
Posted Jul 16, 2009

The Denver Broncos open up Training Camp in two weeks and it's completely underwhelming. Also check out how Twitter is changing the face of American Sports...

Is it just me or is the upcoming Denver Broncos training camp generating about as much excitement as waiting for the next Lindsey Lohan disaster?

In all my years of writing RR&R, I can’t remember a single time when the Nuggets offseason signings, the Avalanche draft and the Rockies All Star break have all take more precedence in the local press than what used to be the only show in town. Then again, it’s year one without Shanahan and Josh McDaniels certainly hasn’t given anyone a boatload of reasons to break out the checkbook and sign up for any of the available luxury suites they keep peddling out on local sports talk radio.

Not that it’s going to make a huge load of difference but the Brandon Marshall saga became a little clearer with the 25-year old telling reporters at the ESPY’s that he’s planning to show up to camp on July 27.

"Right now I'm obligated, I'm under contract, Marshall said. It's $14,000 a day if I miss - and I'm not stupid, so I will be there."

Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy who put his fist through an entertainment center, got popped for a DUI, demanded a trade when he didn’t get his extension and has had numerous run-ins with local law enforcement.

Just a suggestion, but he might want to leave his level of intelligence out of this one.

Props to Rockies outfielder Brad Hawpe, six inches away from stealing it all at the MLB All Star Game. Same goes out to the Nuggets front office who stepped it up and inked Chris Anderson to a new deal. On the flip side, letting Dahntay Jones slide could prove to be a huge mistake…

From the “You Gotta Love Where This is Headed” file – it’s the above mentioned Jones who is basing his purchase of a dog on acquiring a total of 15,000 Twitter followers by the end of the month. Bengals wide receiver Ocho Cinco is gearing up to tweet during games despite what the NFL has to say about it and Lance Armstrong is tweeting throughout the Tour De France – today he met with Robin Williams after the day was done. Video to be released shortly…

Speaking of really bad publicity moves –LeBron James jacking the tapes of him getting dunked on at his own camp is just another indication that the King has got a lot of growing up to do. Spin doctors are busy trying to lay it on Nike’s shoulders, but after watching his immature antics with Dwight Howard I’ve got to question if this is really the face that the NBA wants representing the league.

The dude’s got incredible skills – but when it comes to sportsmanship, humility and a sense of doing what’s right – he’s taken a backseat to every single MVP that’s come before him.

T.K.O.
07-17-2009, 02:27 PM
"Is it just me or is the upcoming Denver Broncos training camp generating about as much excitement as waiting for the next Lindsey Lohan disaster?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uhhh.... i'm pretty sure it's just you !
this lonfg time bronco fan (and any real bronco fan) has to be excited about seeing for the 1st time how the team is adjusting to the new scheme and players around dove valley
i'm not saying all bronco fans should be happy with the changes made this offseason.we are all entitled to our own opinions on that....but as bronco fans we still want to see a great team.and this year is no different.
so i think this columnist should stick to talking about twittering and lindsey lohan,
cuz he dont know jack about the heart of a real BRONCO FAN !:salute:

Shazam!
07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I think even the preseason games will be more interesting to watch for the first time in many years.

silkamilkamonico
07-17-2009, 06:40 PM
"Is it just me or is the upcoming Denver Broncos training camp generating about as much excitement as waiting for the next Lindsey Lohan disaster?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uhhh.... i'm pretty sure it's just you !
this lonfg time bronco fan (and any real bronco fan) has to be excited about seeing for the 1st time how the team is adjusting to the new scheme and players around dove valley
i'm not saying all bronco fans should be happy with the changes made this offseason.we are all entitled to our own opinions on that....but as bronco fans we still want to see a great team.and this year is no different.
so i think this columnist should stick to talking about twittering and lindsey lohan,
cuz he dont know jack about the heart of a real BRONCO FAN !:salute:

Agreed. I don't know what the hell this yahoo has been doing all offseason, but whether fans like the changes or not, it's hardly been an uneventful offseason. This writer needs to have the media credentials taken away from them.

horsepig
07-17-2009, 07:25 PM
One of Woodrow's last columns mentioned the fact that the DP knows exactly where the hits are and the great majority are on Broncos related material.

My question to the DP is if that is true, and we all know it is, why in the hell don't they come up with some more stuff?

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I think even the preseason games will be more interesting to watch for the first time in many years.

normally I would not watch them with a close EYE.. but this years almost everybody is auditioning for a job.. more so than in past years where 60% of the players were going through the motions for a couple of quarters..

I don't think we will see all the playbook in preseason but will see more than we saw the past couple of years..