PDA

View Full Version : Marshall on Total Access

nevcraw
07-16-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d811535ed/Marshall-in-studio

He will show up but with a lot of side speak he did seem like he does not plan on being a bronco for long..

EMB6903
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
get him into camp playing football and he will put this aside from him... esspecially if they begin contract talks during the season

Success solves all the problems

HORSEPOWER 56
07-16-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d811535ed/Marshall-in-studio

He will show up but with a lot of side speak he did seem like he does not plan on being a bronco for long..

I think he was diplomatic enough and didn't do anything to hurt his chances to stay. I liked the positive comments about Orton and McD and how the locker room is taking the transition. He's leaving the door open right now. I think he finally realizes that if he shows up and plays well he'll be rewarded either by the Broncos this year or someone else next year. I really like Brandon and hope he stays. It doesn't matter who the QB is, he and Eddie are a lethal combination.

MOtorboat
07-16-2009, 07:22 PM
He was diplomatic, and somewhat honest, but GOOD LORD he knows how to just ****up...

Don't admit you've been playing pickup basketball on a bad hip.

Seriously...:tsk:

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 07:25 PM

well unless the owners and NFLPA sign a new contract he is ours as a RFA till the end of the 2011 season.. Even if someone offers him a contract we can match .. even after that he gets to be a franchise player.. for at least a
year..

this kid is not going anywhere unless Pat wants him to..

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 07:26 PM
I think he was diplomatic enough and didn't do anything to hurt his chances to stay. I liked the positive comments about Orton and McD and how the locker room is taking the transition. He's leaving the door open right now. I think he finally realizes that if he shows up and plays well he'll be rewarded either by the Broncos this year or someone else next year. I really like Brandon and hope he stays. It doesn't matter who the QB is, he and Eddie are a lethal combination.

How would he know he has not been there to see?

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
He was diplomatic, and somewhat honest, but GOOD LORD he knows how to just ****up...

Don't admit you've been playing pickup basketball on a bad hip.
Seriously...:tsk:

great catch I was going to mention that also..

what a maroon he is.. ahahahahahahahahahaha

shank
07-16-2009, 07:39 PM
he's talking like he's already been traded :confused:

i wish one of the NFLN guys would have just flat out said, "how do you see yourself getting out of denver without any leverage?"

the more he talked, the more it seems like it's all about the contract, but the hip thing seems like motivation for the trade... idk, i'm tired of all this shit.

roomemp
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
great catch I was going to mention that also..

what a maroon he is.. ahahahahahahahahahaha

I liked the part when he said the locker room has a great attitude and it shows by the offseason attendance. That made him look pretty bad :laugh:

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I liked the part when he said the locker room has a great attitude and it shows by the offseason attendance. That made him look pretty bad :laugh:

well he is oblivious.. and again how can he comment on what the players are doing if he is not there.. by texting he recieves?:laugh::laugh:

horsepig
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
He referred to his agent about 5 tuimes. He's letting the agent (Kenard Lang, I think) do the talking. He does not seem to be exhibitting much loyalty to the Broncos, the city, or anyone else. Get a better deal somewhere else? Maybe, if he has a great seasson year this year.

MOtorboat
07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
He referred to his agent about 5 tuimes. He's letting the agent (Kenard Lang, I think) do the talking. He does not seem to be exhibitting much loyalty to the Broncos, the city, or anyone else. Get a better deal somewhere else? Maybe, if he has a great seasson year this year.

With all due respect to this idea of showing respect to the city and the fans...and while I do enjoy seeing that...this is a business...and teams aren't required to show loyalty to players, and are rarely admonished when they show none...so I don't think that's a big deal at all.

Whether he faked it or not, he did call Pat Bowlen one of the best owners in sports. I think that speaks to something.

underrated29
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I dont have time to watch the vid yet. So i dont know the context in which he put things.

But playing pick up basketball with a bad hip. Did he say when he was/is doint this????

Because to me that would seem like a great way to stay in shape while rehabbing. Now maybe it was back when he needed surgery and or just had surgery. Or maybe it is not.

I didnt watch the vid yet so i cannot say.

But if he is doing pickup bball now. I actually think that is a good thing. If we expect him to be in camp in 2 weeks, then he sure as hell better be able to play a little basketball. Otherwise we need to trade him yesterday!

MOtorboat
07-16-2009, 08:29 PM
But playing pick up basketball with a bad hip. Did he say when he was/is doint this????

He just did a 360 dunk and a tomahawk the other day.

T.K.O.
07-16-2009, 08:35 PM
well unless the owners and NFLPA sign a new contract he is ours as a RFA till the end of the 2011 season.. Even if someone offers him a contract we can match .. even after that he gets to be a franchise player.. for at least a
year..

unless that someone is al davis ...if he paid 55 mil for walker he might offer brandon 100 mil 6 yr deal !
we wont match that crazy ol' coot...he must hate his kids and seems to be trying to spend their inheritance...:D

BroncoTech
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
He said he's got a wedding coming up and 'they aint getting no more of my money'. So at least he'll show. Good news for once.

shank
07-16-2009, 09:09 PM

kennard mcguire... lang was one of the browncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I have no clue why Brandon even agreed to be on, if he was not going to answer the questions he would be ask - and we all know he knew exactly what the questions would be. He might as well just stood there and tap danced thru it, because that is basically what he did anyway.

shank
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
I have no clue why Brandon even agreed to be on, if he was not going to answer the questions he would be ask - and we all know he knew exactly what the questions would be. He might as well just stood there and tap danced thru it, because that is basically what he did anyway.

not only that, but check the video's caption:

Broncos WR Brandon Marshall clears the air about his situation in Denver.

is that sarcasm?

underrated29
07-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow this is not good....

He never said we, like we as a team. He always said the organization or the broncos. He really wants out big time.

Of course he isnt going to answer those questions. He would be completely stupid to answer them. He is negotiating for a trade, and a new contract. His agent is acting just like a lawyer which is smart.

You dont do any talking. You let your lawyer (agent in his case) do everything. All it takes is one slip up, one thing that can be twisted and misconstrued and bam you lose.

But from his body language and everything its painfully obvious he wants out. For real. If he wanted to stay he could still have dodged the last question, but used something like. Yes i will be #15 hopefully for the broncos.

All we can hope for is that he gets his big contract, and we win so he will want to stay. If not we are going to have to dump him for a 1st atleast.

rcsodak
07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
year..

They can tag him every year, if they want to pay an exhorbitant ransom for him every year. Top 5, then 120% raises after that, IINM.

Jerry rice wasn't worth that....sorry. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
07-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Wow this is not good....

He never said we, like we as a team. He always said the organization or the broncos. He really wants out big time.

Of course he isnt going to answer those questions. He would be completely stupid to answer them. He is negotiating for a trade, and a new contract. His agent is acting just like a lawyer which is smart.

You dont do any talking. You let your lawyer (agent in his case) do everything. All it takes is one slip up, one thing that can be twisted and misconstrued and bam you lose.

But from his body language and everything its painfully obvious he wants out. For real. If he wanted to stay he could still have dodged the last question, but used something like. Yes i will be #15 hopefully for the broncos.

All we can hope for is that he gets his big contract, and we win so he will want to stay. If not we are going to have to dump him for a 1st atleast.

Ya'll act like you've never seen this before.

After he gets his new contract, he'll be playing the "I love this team", "I love Denver", "I was hoping I didn't have to play somewhere else".....blah blah blah.

If paper bags aren't available, please take some Prozac. :lol:

underrated29
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Ya'll act like you've never seen this before.

After he gets his new contract, he'll be playing the "I love this team", "I love Denver", "I was hoping I didn't have to play somewhere else".....blah blah blah.

If paper bags aren't available, please take some Prozac. :lol:

Man i hope thats the way it goes. And frankly i wouldnt think any less of him if he did.

We are not writing the checks, and as long as he produces like he can on the field and not tear a team apart like TO (which brandon has never shown even an inkling in doing), and be happy here then he can change his mind as fast as he wants.

More power to him.

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 11:30 PM
unless that someone is al davis ...if he paid 55 mil for walker he might offer brandon 100 mil 6 yr deal !
we wont match that crazy ol' coot...he must hate his kids and seems to be trying to spend their inheritance...:D

Yep that is correct but if the moron wants to overplay moron he is going have to come up with a #1 pick also. And then of course we still have the option of matching.

I would match a reasonable amount but certainly not more than top ten money. I'd Let him go for a #1 in a heart beat.

As we all know this moron is going to FUBAR again.

Don't we.

JKcatch724
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM
NFLN is retarded.... why didn't they ask, "Why are you throwing a big fat hissy fit for a contract that no NFL team is willing to give you at this point? And furthermore... Why do you look so much more weird bald??"

WARHORSE
07-17-2009, 06:18 AM
This is going to be a Portis like scenario after this year imo.

I think Bowlen is willing to pay a certain amount, and that wont be good enough for Brandon.

So, McDaniels will tell him, "If youre worth that much money, go and get your value on the trade market."

Only way Brandon can do that is to perform, stay out of trouble, and toot the company horn.

claymore
07-17-2009, 06:45 AM
I loved this tidbit from the user comments of the Denverpost article. If this is how Brandon feels, I agree with him. I am hoping our medical staff has been improving, and it seems like the new regime is on the right path (to include adding nutritionists etc).

But the new regime has no history yet. If Marshall puts up 500 yards this year because of a new offensive scheme, and poor QB play, then it screws him.

What Brandon did not say: It is not all about the money. It is about my numbers, the new quarterback, the doctors and most of all, the coach. I want to be great but can't be without a strong-armed quarterback.....I also need a coach and team doctors I can trust....I love the owner....but man, get me out of Denver.......let me go to the Ravens since you won't let me go to Chicago....please....

SoCalImport
07-17-2009, 07:36 AM
If Brandon plays like he did last year/ year before, I have every confidence that He'll get his numbers, and his contract (providing he stays away from trouble)

MasterShake
07-17-2009, 07:52 AM
As others have pointed out, when he talked about the Broncos it was always "they" like he was referring to them in the past tense. He may be showing up at camp, but he won't "be there" or anywhere for that matter 100% until he gets his contract or he gets traded.

LRtagger
07-17-2009, 08:45 AM
He may not get 100 catches, but I guarantee he catches more TDs in this system.

Elevation inc
07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
marshall is reporting to camp, for me the story ended there, i dont get caucght up in the days of our lives soap opera some of these fans want to compare marshall to. he makes mistakes, wants more money, loves his owner, misses his qb, wants out of denver becasue of many reasons....blah blah blah. who cares he is under contract..i done with this soap box crap.....for real

Elevation inc
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
He may not get 100 catches, but I guarantee he catches more TDs in this system.

and i guarnentee people will still hate......lol

Ravage!!!
07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
he makes mistakes, wants more money, loves his owner, misses his qb, wants out of denver becasue of many reasons....blah blah blah.

I think thats a lot of it right there. Thats about the simpliest way I've seen it written.

MOtorboat
07-17-2009, 10:41 AM

I don't think anyone is hating on his production. Just his ability to think.

SoCalImport
07-17-2009, 10:54 AM
So the lesson is:
Shut up.
Catch touchdowns.
If you must talk, talk about catching touchdowns.

that's my quick easy recipe for the HOF :)

Ravage!!!
07-17-2009, 01:09 PM

you talking about Marshall or McDaniels?? :lol:

MOtorboat
07-17-2009, 01:16 PM
you talking about Marshall or McDaniels?? :lol:

I thought we were talking about Marshall.

:confused:

D1g1tal j1m
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
After watching the video I really wish that they allow Dawkins to hit him as hard as he can during training camp.

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 01:40 PM
NFLN is retarded.... why didn't they ask, "Why are you throwing a big fat hissy fit for a contract that no NFL team is willing to give you at this point? And furthermore... Why do you look so much more weird bald??"

you have to remember that jamie dukes hates DEN and looks for any chance to make DEN look bad.. he would never make anyone in the DEN FO looks good like that by asking a tough question..

Lonestar
07-17-2009, 01:46 PM

if he does not straighten out his life he is as worthless as a teat on a boar to the team is he is on suspension for being stupid again..

all of the crap/stunts he pulls just adds to the list of things that Goodell will be looking at when it comes to suspending him again..

If you call being brutally honest about this moron hate, well alot of folks will be called that..

ursamajor
07-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Actually I am sure there are a few teams that would be willing to pay him the kind of money he wants.

underrated29
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Actually I am sure there are a few teams that would be willing to pay him the kind of money he wants.

You are right.

And besides Brandon, Kenard (his agent) MR B. and Mcd, i dont think anyone else really knows how much he wants anyhow.

None of us know thats for sure.

We can speculate that he wants top 10 WR money. But until he or our FO reports it, its just dreams on paper.

T.K.O.
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
he was very deceptive when answering real questions.
the "KEY" statement was "you got to take care of your family now"
in other words "i need mo money...mo money ...mo money !"
and he deserves it,but at this point he has to pay his dues to goodell (if any)
prove he can still be great without cutler and and show he is healthy.period
he knows he has a chance to be in a very productive system and could well set some bronco scoring records next year.
but he also knows he might be suspended and could be forced to stay with the broncos til 2012.
so he wants money NOW !
you would think he learned from jay that you dont always get what you want.
jay said after everything he loves denver and never wanted "it" to get this far
so he really just wanted money as well,but now he has to start over proving his value,and no matter what people say if the bears have a losing record over the next couple years he wont get the big bucks.
and might get passed around the league like jeff george and then retire.

Elevation inc
07-18-2009, 05:12 AM
if he does not straighten out his life he is as worthless as a teat on a boar to the team is he is on suspension for being stupid again..

all of the crap/stunts he pulls just adds to the list of things that Goodell will be looking at when it comes to suspending him again..

If you call being brutally honest about this moron hate, well alot of folks will be called that..

under the context in which my post said it was about his drop in production on the field regarding catches vs touchdowns, it had nothing to do with anything related off the field......as i stated earlier....thats soap box crap

Elevation inc
07-18-2009, 05:16 AM

actually many posters have disregarded what he has done on the field, quite sad actually becasue he is uber talented and quite often fans find away to discredit what a players done on the field when they pull a buisness move and the fans dont like it.....

off-field issues aside mnay fans were still behind him untill the holdout for a new contract and what not. he pulls a buisness move and people freak. For me that doesnt change for me how great he was on the field and what he contributed here. that same misdiagnosed hip is the same one he gutted through all year to make the pro bowl and many cast that aside as nothing....

its sad when people cant tell the difference....