PDA

View Full Version : Much More Difficult To Get To

LTC Pain
07-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Saw this post in the comments after the story about the Broncos signing all there draft picks. Hope Osi is right and that Manning in the pocket will be much more difficult to get to than Tebow was running around all last year. I can't help but think if our O-line is solid, then Manning will be productive and the Broncos successful.

So I caught part of an Osi Umenyiora interview on the radio during my travels today. He was asked how he felt about having to chase down the likes of Michael Vick and RGIII twice per year, as well as Cam Newton, with Carolina on their schedule this season. He replied by saying he prefers to play against a more mobile QB, citing how they tend to leave the pocket early, making it easier to get to them, and they usually “give you a few.” He compared that style to a true pocket passer with good pocket awareness, claiming this type of QB is much more difficult to get to, and he used Peyton Manning as an example of this, and as one of the toughest QB’s to sack in the league.

Chef Zambini
07-25-2012, 09:35 AM
DJ should have gotten his urine sample from OSI, after all his last name is as close to humanurine as it can get!

vandammage13
07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Lets hope the OL can block a 4-man rush a little better than the last game we saw.

rationalfan
07-25-2012, 12:19 PM
i think there are a lot of broncos fans who have no idea how different, and better, the team's QB and Oline will be this year. i loved watching tebow for his heroics and passion, i hated watching tebow because he put his receivers and Olinemen in such difficult positions to succeed. manning will be a revelation.

NightTerror218
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope the OL can pass protect well without the likes of the TE and RB helping block the front 4 guys.