PDA

View Full Version : Broncos OL Chris Kuper will have practice limited at training camp

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Maybe if it was just one torn ligament or one broken bone or one screw, Broncos' starting right guard Chris Kuper would have been fully recovered by the first day of training camp Thursday.

But there were multiple torn ligaments in his left ankle. And multiple fractures in his lower left fibula. And seven screws and a plate that is keeping it all together.

Kuper, arguably the best all-around blocker on the Broncos' offensive line, will be able to practice with his teammates when training camp begins Thursday, but only on a limited basis.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21148244/broncos-ol-chris-kuper-practice-limited-training

Buff
07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I kind of took for granted that Kuper would be ready to go for the season... This is the first I've really considered that he may not be 100%. It's an unsettling thought. We need our best o-lineman to protect the franchise. Hopefully they don't rush him back. I'd rather have Kuper at 100% for 8 games than 70% of Kuper for 16.

vandammage13
07-25-2012, 09:16 AM
It was saddening (and sickening) to see Kuper get that injury.

Really dissapointing to me, because I felt like he really turned the corner last year and turned from a solid Guard to a pro-bowl caliber one.

Here's hoping for a full recovery for Kupe!! :beer:

dogfish
07-25-2012, 10:31 AM
chris kuper = bad mother ******

Chef Zambini
07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
dos the new CBA alllow a player to come off the PUP in mid season?
this is also a big question for MORENO !

LTC Pain
07-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Where are you getting the connection between Moreno and the PUP list? You've banged this drum in numerous threads, numerous times but I've never found anything of the like.

Preseason PUP
A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP
A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]

Chef Zambini
07-25-2012, 12:56 PM
it will be intersting to see if EITHER kuper or MORENO takes part in any full contact practices.

TheReverend
07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I kind of took for granted that Kuper would be ready to go for the season... This is the first I've really considered that he may not be 100%. It's an unsettling thought. We need our best o-lineman to protect the franchise. Hopefully they don't rush him back. I'd rather have Kuper at 100% for 8 games than 70% of Kuper for 16.

The way I look at it, he has over a month of limited duty left to still be back and adjusted to hitting and Manning's LOS antics before opening day.

LTC Pain
07-25-2012, 04:23 PM
I got this at the Bronco Talk. If they 1) passed physicals and 2) are scheduled to practice they won't be on the PUP, no matter how hard some on this board want Moreno there.

Chris Kuper and Knowshon Moreno passed physicals and are expected to practice tomorrow. “They’ll all be suited up,” Fox said. “We’ll be smart about how we rep them early in camp.”

dogfish
07-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I got this at the Bronco Talk. If they 1) passed physicals and 2) are scheduled to practice they won't be on the PUP, no matter how hard some on this board want Moreno there.

Chris Kuper and Knowshon Moreno passed physicals and are expected to practice tomorrow. “They’ll all be suited up,” Fox said. “We’ll be smart about how we rep them early in camp.”

So, Moreno's going on the PUP? See, I told you guys.

- Chef

MOtorboat
07-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Well, that answers that.

Good call, Zam. Your theory didn't even make it past check-in day.

Chef Zambini
07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
lets see if moreno is a full participant, based on my reading comprehension, I see an "IF" in your statement; if he passed his physical, if he participates.

Chef Zambini
07-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I am glad to hear that they BOTH passed their physicals.