PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what did I miss?

Tned
07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Ok, I've been in a pretty constant NFL blackout since the season ended. I've only read a handful of Broncos Talk threads since then, except for dipping back in briefly for the draft. I needed time to decompress after last season, and to get ready to be overly obsessed from the start of training camp until the Broncos play in New Orleans on February 3rd.

So, I know Doom might be facing jail time or a suspension.
DJ's urine isn't of the human variety and he likes to post pictures of his playbook on Twitter
I hear the "experts" seem to be all over the spectrum, ranging from picking the Broncos to be just over .500 to having 11 or 12 wins.

What else did I miss in my NFL hibernation. You guys have to get me up to speed quick before camp opens in a few days. I need to sound intelligent when I start talking about the Broncos.

What happens to our line if the worst happens with Doom?

Is the DL as bad as some are predicting? Or, will Vickerson, Warren, Wolfe and company surprise people?

Is Moreno going to be the number two back or looking for a new team?

Is this Mike Adams guy going to be solid and do you think our CB position will be as good on the field as it looks on paper (appears to have gone from a weakness to a strength).

Anyway, catch me up with the Cliff notes of the Broncos '12 offseason.

MOtorboat
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Honestly, sounds like you haven't missed a thing.

We'll know a whole lot more at the end of the week.

Tned
07-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Honestly, sounds like you haven't missed a thing.

We'll know a whole lot more at the end of the week.

I hope Doom pulls a Brandon Marshall and comes out of this mess smelling like a rose. That would be a BIG blow to the Broncos if he misses any extended time, or worse, winds up in jail.

MOtorboat
07-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I have a feeling it will somehow be delayed until the offseason. Lawyers representing NFL players (outside of Parrish Cox) seem to have an affinity for being able to do that.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if D.J. Williams' DUI trial is somehow delayed.

Ziggy
07-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Doom won't do any time before the season is over. My preseason review threads might catch you up some Tned. I doubt that there's much in them that you don't already know, but it might be worth a glance. Other than that, the fun starts Thursday with the first TC practice.

Tned
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
What do you guys think about some of the "experts", like Michael 'I love McDaniels' Lombardi, I believe, saying that it's foolish to think that Manning can take a year off of football and then come back at the level he played at before the injury?

MOtorboat
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
What do you guys think about some of the "experts", like Michael 'I love McDaniels' Lombardi, I believe, saying that it's foolish to think that Manning can take a year off of football and then come back at the level he played at before the injury?

He's an idiot.

But haven't seen too many experts betting against Manning.

Chef Zambini
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
What do you guys think about some of the "experts", like Michael 'I love McDaniels' Lombardi, I believe, saying that it's foolish to think that Manning can take a year off of football and then come back at the level he played at before the injury?I think he apparently has no idea who peyton manning is !

Simple Jaded
07-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Champ Bailey sucks and should be moved to S, Demaryious Thomas can't run routes, Eric Decker can't get separation, the Broncos running game will fall to pieces w/o Tim Tebow, Ronnie Hillman is the next Marshall Faulk, Peyton Manning is a Sitting Duck who "is just one hit away", the Broncos will never win the SB w/o Donovan McNabb and/or Nick Foles at backup QB.......um.......Mike McCoy sucks, Brock Osweiler is not a bad QB for a power forward, the Broncos should have never traded Tim Tebow, Caleb Hanie sucks, Peyton Manning is a loser for forcing his way off Dacoats team, Dj Williams sucks, Joe Mays sucks, the DT's suck, Rahim Moore is a bust, Bullgator mourns us, Josh McDaniels sucks, John Elway sucks, Vin Diesel sucks.

People still think Peyton Manning had a neck injury, people still can't figure out why Tim Tebow had to go, people still think you have to have ProBowlers and boyscouts at every position, people think the Manning move means Denver is not committed to building thru the draft, people think the Broncos have to win SB's to justify replacing the worst passer in the league, people think that holding calls is the measure of a LT, people think that Int's and ProBowls are the measure of NFL LB's.

It's been your typical offseason.......

HORSEPOWER 56
07-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Champ Bailey sucks and should be moved to S, Demaryious Thomas can't run routes, Eric Decker can't get separation, the Broncos running game will fall to pieces w/o Tim Tebow, Ronnie Hillman is the next Marshall Faulk, Peyton Manning is a Sitting Duck who "is just one hit away", the Broncos will never win the SB w/o Donovan McNabb and/or Nick Foles at backup QB.......um.......Mike McCoy sucks, Brock Osweiler is not a bad QB for a power forward, the Broncos should have never traded Tim Tebow, Caleb Hanie sucks, Peyton Manning is a loser for forcing his way off Dacoats team, Dj Williams sucks, Joe Mays sucks, the DT's suck, Rahim Moore is a bust, Bullgator mourns us, Josh McDaniels sucks, John Elway sucks, Vin Diesel sucks.

People still think Peyton Manning had a neck injury, people still can't figure out why Tim Tebow had to go, people still think you have to have ProBowlers and boyscouts at every position, people think the Manning move means Denver is not committed to building thru the draft, people think the Broncos have to win SB's to justify replacing the worst passer in the league, people think that holding calls is the measure of a LT, people think that Int's and ProBowls are the measure of NFL LB's.

It's been your typical offseason.......

Well done summing up pretty much every thread that you've started this offseason, Zam...

Az Snake
07-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Ok, I've been in a pretty constant NFL blackout since the season ended. I've only read a handful of Broncos Talk threads since then, except for dipping back in briefly for the draft. I needed time to decompress after last season, and to get ready to be overly obsessed from the start of training camp until the Broncos play in New Orleans on February 3rd.

Welcome back Skipper !!!

Go Broncos !!!

Chef Zambini
07-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Well done summing up pretty much every thread that you've started this offseason, Zam...he forgot to mention how i raped children for 12 years on the penn state campus, started fires in colorado, accused elvis of assault with a deadly weapon, showed Dj how to post pictures on the internet and opened the fire escape for some red-headed kid at the batman midnight showing in arvada !
you all forgot to blame me for everything wrong in the world, but the season hasnt even begun so there is still plenty of time for all you clowns to blame everything thats wrong on zambini !
Clady called me last night, I told him to hold out for more money.

BroncoNut
07-24-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't blame you for everything ZAm. I think yoiu are cool

TheReverend
07-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Doom won't do any time before the season is over. My preseason review threads might catch you up some Tned. I doubt that there's much in them that you don't already know, but it might be worth a glance. Other than that, the fun starts Thursday with the first TC practice.

Link? I want to read em just because I like your stuff.

Chef Zambini
07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
zig posted 2 excellent overviews on the broncos offense and defense for this season, better than 90% of the crap the rest of the pro writters have offered in this pre-season wasteland.