PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry wants to make a comeback

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Here’s something we didn’t think we’d be writing about on Monday morning.

According to Adam Caplan of Sirius XM Radio and TheSidelineView.com, former NFL running back Travis Henry is trying to make a comeback for the 2012 season. Henry was last seen when he received a three-year federal prison sentence for his role in a drug trafficking organization in 2009, a sentence that has now come to an end and one that apparently left Henry feeling like he could make a return to professional football.

It’s fair to wonder if Henry wasn’t using some of his own supply when he came up with that plan.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/travis-henry-wants-to-make-a-comeback/

Mike
07-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Gotta pay for those kids some way.

Poet
07-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Tiki Barber couldn't do it and at one point he was an elite back in the NFL. Henry was just a very good back. Plaxico Burress has had moderate success coming from that stint and Vick came back and played better than he ever did in Atlanta.

Ultimately, I think that Henry won't make a starting day roster ever again. You can't feel bad for the guy because he literally shirked all responsibility in his life.

DenBronx
07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Henry needs to look elsewhere with his below average skills. Maybe CFL or Arena but aint happenin captin in the NFL.

Northman
07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
He'z gotz kidz to feedz.

MileHighCrew
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Henry needs to look elsewhere with his below average skills. Maybe CFL or Arena but aint happenin captin in the NFL.

Have you watched the CFL? He wouldn't have a chance to making a CFL team.

sneakers
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
What is he up to now? 33, 34?

That's a lot of kids!

CrazyHorse
07-24-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm sure he'll find a place on an AFL or CFL roster.

Chef Zambini
07-24-2012, 10:54 AM
when I think of travis henry i think oakland raider, he fits image !

usually when we hear an athlete proclaim, 'i gotta feed my kids' its a pathetic claim coming from a disingenuous millionaire, in henry's case it is actually true.
even if he cant name them all or pick them out in a line-up !