PDA

View Full Version : What Broncos do you have going to the Pro Bowl this year?

topscribe
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Okay, so we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for subject material right
now. And this definitely qualifies. But if it gets any worse around here, this
period will gain energy by dying.

Anyway, let me start with my own (admittedly homer) choices:

Ryan Clady will gain the recognition he should have gotten last year.
Ryan Harris will go if justice is served . . . at least as an alternate.
Chris Kuper: Ditto for him.

(Yes, three from the O-line. It takes ballers to do what they have done, and
will do.)

If Brandon Marshall gets serious and gets down to business, and doesn't get
himself suspended, he is a can't miss.

Kyle Orton will be an alternate. (Yes, you heard it here first. Flame away.)

Eddie Royal will be an alternate.

D.J. Williams will break out in his new position at JACK.

Champ Bailey, of course.

Don't count Brian Dawkins out. He will be at least an alternate.

So I expect four to be there, and maybe more.

Oh, and Knowshon Moreno will be ROY.

I'm a homer, and I'm proud of it! :dance:

-----

WARHORSE
07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
And dont forget COACH OF THE YEAR: JOSH "I DO WHAT THE HELL I WANT" MCDANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dogfish
07-14-2009, 07:14 PM
ryan clady. . . champ, if he's healthy for the whole year. . . no one else. . .

BroncoWave
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
The only lock is Champ. Beyond that, it's all up in the air. Clady and Harris SHOULD but we've seen in the past how deserving Broncos get slighted when it comes to this type of thing. There is also an outside chance of players like Marshall, Royal, Moreno and Dawkins making it. I put Marshall on that outside chance because I don't know how healthy he will be or if he will be able to stay out of trouble this year.

EMB6903
07-14-2009, 07:37 PM
if healthy I think Marshall, Clady, and Champ are all locks.... Royal, Harris, and DJ should all get some consideration as well.

SoCalImport
07-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Clady is a lock.
There's been enough press on him during and since last season that His name is out there (which is a must for the probowl) I can't imagine him not continuing to be dominant in 09-10

After that it's wait and see for me.

Reasonable to hope: Champ (of course), Dawk, DJ, B.Marsh (if he plays), Royal.

I just don't think Harris has enough press at RT to get votes. Ayers and Moreno are rooks and would have to be top 5 players stat-wise to get noticed enough.

With all the negative press I think there's an outside chance McD gets coach of the year. That's if we somehow get a wildcard and win a playoff game.

GO BRONCOS!!

NameUsedBefore
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Ryan Clady, Champ Bailey and Brandon Marshall.

I'd say Clady easily gets in if he plays anything like he did last year and Bailey is one of the best defenders in the entire league when healthy. Marshall is more of a maybe, of course, but even if you assume he plays for the Broncos I'm not really sure with Orton/Simms he'll be getting a lot of passes his way.

oobehr
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Even if Orton has a MONSTER year, he won't make it. He is in the AFC with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, and Philip Rivers. The pro bowl is a popularity contest, and Kyle Orton is far from popular at this point.

tripleoption
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
I'll have to go with Ryan Clady, and I can see Ryan Harris and Eddie Royal alternates. Champ is always a lock. The better you do as a team, the more you get in, and I'm basing my picks on the Broncos going 6-10 this year.

Skinny
07-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Clady, Moreno, Marshall, Royal (ST), Bailey.

Dean
07-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I'll have to go with Ryan Clady, and I can see Ryan Harris and Eddie Royal alternates. Champ is always a lock. The better you do as a team, the more you get in, and I'm basing my picks on the Broncos going 6-10 this year.

In place of Harris I would say Kuper. With that one change, I agree completely.

The problem with trying to present an informed opinion on our O-line is that we as fans don't know how much the offense will deviate from zone blocking. How our front five will do in a new scheme is difficult to predict.

dogfish
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
In place of Harris I would say Kuper. With that one change, I agree completely.

The problem with trying to present an informed opinion on our O-line is that we as fans don't know how much the offense will deviate from zone blocking. How our front five will do in a new scheme is difficult to predict.

so, you're not going to go out on a limb and say ryan mcbean?

Cutler5280
07-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Ryan Clady, Champ and Brian Dawkins .

:salute:

Simple Jaded
07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Lonie Paxton is a shoe in.......you'd think.......

MOtorboat
07-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Lonie Paxton is a shoe in.......you'd think.......

Solid analysis. Thanks for bringing this insight to us. I really appreciate it.

Simple Jaded
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Solid analysis. Thanks for bringing this insight to us. I really appreciate it.

I do what I can do.......when I can do it.......

Nature Boy
07-14-2009, 10:22 PM
DJ Williams and Champ Bailey on the defense. The whole O-line on offense.

topscribe
07-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Even if Orton has a MONSTER year, he won't make it. He is in the AFC with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, and Philip Rivers. The pro bowl is a popularity contest, and Kyle Orton is far from popular at this point.

Sadly, I think you're right. But the type of person he is, if Orton has a monster
year, that won't bother him too much because his success will be responsible for
a more successful season as a team. :)

-----

Superchop 7
07-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Cutler and Marshall

Nature Boy
07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Cutler and Marshall

I second that.

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 10:19 AM
any one of them that wants to pay his way..

LRtagger
07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Clady is a shoe-in I would think

Possibly Marshall and/or Royal, possibly Moreno depending on how quickly he becomes the full time guy, maybe Champ if he stays healthy.

Thats about it.

broncofaninfla
07-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Clady, Champ, Hillis, Royal

girler
07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Royal, Clady, and Simms.

T.K.O.
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM

unless he has a bradylike year....remember our new coach was the man behind brady's 50 td season....
i would say if kyle throws 35+ tds and gets us to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years he will be pretty damn popular (with me at least...hehe);)

topscribe
07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
unless he has a bradylike year....remember our new coach was the man behind brady's 50 td season....
i would say if kyle throws 35+ tds and gets us to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years he will be pretty damn popular (with me at least...hehe);)

If Orton passes for 35 TDs and gets us to the playoffs, I'll clean his toilets for him . . .

-----

D1g1tal j1m
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Champ & Dawkins will get in on name recognition along with their play on the field.

Clady on Wigs (if he has the same year as last).

Other than that I don't see anyone else as of right now. Marshall will not see the same numbers as the last 2 years due to a more spread out offense and Cutler not here to stare him down or Shan running those dumb pitch and catches 2 yard behind the line of scrimmage.

underrated29
07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
clady and champ- will make it in regardless.

I see- DJ and Moreno and Marshall making it in too.

No one else, weigman might make it as an alternate again, but its doubtful.

Do they have FB in probowl?- If so hillis might make it as an alternate being that he can block and run....Probably not though.

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 02:32 PM

way to many other QB's in the AFC that have names and live in population centers unlike DEN..

The only reason Jay was in last year was Brady went down.. and we all know if we are objective Cry-me-a-river should have in there.. As his numbers were pretty impressive for not have legit WR's..

frankly I could care less about anyone getting Pro bowl mention because it seems when they go there they rarely come home happy.. Lynch he has been there so many times he knows the score but for all the kiddies they come back filled with $$$ signs dancing in there heads.. Knowing the grass is greener in some other city.

Give me a team with 8-9 that near misses each year those that are like #5 at their position and we have a very good winning team.. much rather win alot of games than see our guys getting big heads in HNL..

T.K.O.
07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
all of them ?

but seriously folks....i would think these guys all have a legit shot
1) clady
2)marshall
3)bailey
4)royal
5)dawkins
maybe ...just maybe.....orton.
if he has a firm grasp of the new offense and can limit mistakes he should put up the best #s of his short career (i'm thinkin 25-30 td's 3500+yds and about 10-12 picks )