PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Power Rankings No. 10: Denver Broncos

Mannway187
07-21-2012, 02:52 AM
The Denver Broncos snapped a five-year playoff drought with Tim Tebow at quarterback, but club brass was never on board with the “college” offense coordinator Mike McCoy was forced to implement, in order to cater to Tebow’s limited skill set. The Broncos tied for the league lead in rushing attempts, playing read-option ball. Broncos V.P. of Football Operations John Elway and head coach John Fox severed ties with Tebow in the offseason, trading him to the Jets for middle-round draft picks.

Peyton Manning, the ultimate “pro-style” passer, has taken over McCoy’s offense while the Broncos will look to hone their young defensive talent under new coordinator Jack Del Rio. Denver will morph from the NFL’s run-heaviest team into one of its most pass happy. On defense, Del Rio will attempt to build on the flashes of dominance shown by Denver’s front seven down the 2011 stretch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/20/preseason-power-rankings-no-10-denver-broncos/?tw_p=twt

Chef Zambini
07-22-2012, 02:46 AM
a nice review of pour strengths and weaknesses but RANKINGS?
cmon!
rankings /schmankings !
were the NY football giants EVER ranked in the top ten last year?

Mannway187
07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I have to agree with you Zam. Preseason rankings are worthless once the season starts. But I have to say that I am impressed that the Broncos get a top ten power ranking considering the strength of this years schedule. Just for shits-n-giggles here are the rankings from 5 thru 32. #1 thru 4 aren't out yet but I can't believe they have the Squeelers and the Black Birds ranked so much higher than us. We shall see soon enough just how accurate these are. Looking forward to K.A.A.T.N.

No. 32: The Browns.

No. 31: The Colts.

No. 30: The Jaguars.

No. 29: The Vikings.

No. 28: The Rams.

No. 27: The Dolphins.

No. 26: The Buccaneers.

No. 25: The Cardinals.

No. 24: The Redskins.

No. 23: The Raiders.

No. 22: The Seahawks.

No. 21: The Chiefs.

No. 20 The Titans.

No. 19: The Bills.

No. 18: The Jets.

No. 17: The Panthers.

No. 16: The Chargers.

No. 15: The Bengals.

No. 14: The Cowboys.

No. 13: The Lions.

No. 12: The Falcons.

No. 11: The Bears.

No. 10: The Broncos.

No. 9: The Saints.

No. 8: The Eagles.

No. 7: The Texans.

No 6: The Steelers

No 5: The Ravens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/21/26-down-six-to-go-for-pfts-preseason-power-rankings/

NightTerror218
07-23-2012, 12:04 PM
how are the Eagles above us? Cause there were the dream team last season?

Simple Jaded
07-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Why does Flo put "college" in quotations? Which, btw, the offense was more high school offense than "college".......

CrazyHorse
07-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Considering we we're in the final 8 of the playoffs how does Manning make us drop 2 spots?

NightTerror218
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Considering we we're in the final 8 of the playoffs how does Manning make us drop 2 spots?

I can see us being #9 with those teams ahead of us, but why the eagles ahead of us?

underrated29
07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
forced to use. He was not forced to do jack shiat. Mccoy sucks.

On topic- I would put the eagles up there guys. They have an insane offense. Totally insane, like 400 yards per game offense. They just had turnovers and stupid plays and such. I suspect they will be very very good this year.

NightTerror218
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM

On topic- I would put the eagles up there guys. They have an insane offense. Totally insane, like 400 yards per game offense. They just had turnovers and stupid plays and such. I suspect they will be very very good this year.

overrated and I think the giants will knock them out of playoff race. Giants get their starting LBs back this season who were lost in the preseason. Their defense will be back 100%.

Mike
07-25-2012, 02:22 PM

Fragile QB that will never last through a full season...questionable o-line protection too. But they will be in the hunt.

Still think NYG is the team to beat in NFCE, and GB/SF are more complete teams. I would list them in the Det, Atl, NO group...good but not at the top yet.