PDA

View Full Version : What else is there to do right now....List your

underrated29
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Top 10 qbs (active players only) to play for the broncos. lets say that kyle Orton retires and the broncos can get any 1 of a list of 10 qbs in the nfl now, who would they be.

Rules- We cant use Jay cutler or kyle Orton, and the players must be active now. Not future draftees or anything.

1.-Brady- duh- he knows the system alread
2.-peyton-dudes big head can absorb the playbook in an instance
3- Carson Palmer- the guy is awesome has a sucky team. here he would be deadly
4. Drew brees- smart, accurate- kinda like palmer only not as good,imo.
5. Donavan Mcnabb- with our WR- i think Mcnabb would tear it up.
6. Eli- I feel he is overrated, but he has a ring and experience he could do well
7. Aaron rodgers- i called him a long time ago, accurate and smart-needs more exp. But is solid!
8.-Phyllis Rivers bad mechanics, and a dyck, but he puts up numbers consitantly so you gotta go with him here.
9. marc Bulger- i would put him a lot higher as he is another great QB, but concussions are an issue and that is bad news for a QB
10- Matt hasselback- older, and a big injury risk, but when healthy he is a good fit for our type of offense.

MOtorboat
07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
So...the top 10 quarterbacks you'd select if you were running a franchise, if you could have any of them...

1. Matt Ryan
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Joe Flacco
5. Phillip Rivers
6. Drew Brees
7. Eli Manning
8. Jay Cutler
9. Tom Brady
10. Peyton Manning

underrated29
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
So...the top 10 quarterbacks you'd select if you were running a franchise, if you could have any of them...

1. Matt Ryan
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Joe Flacco
5. Phillip Rivers
6. Drew Brees
7. Eli Manning
8. Jay Cutler
9. Tom Brady
10. Peyton Manning

Not exactly. Top 10 Qbs for the broncos if you could have any of them. Except jay cutler and orton.

MOtorboat
07-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Not exactly. Top 10 Qbs for the broncos if you could have any of them. Except jay cutler and orton.

I wouldn't change my list. We're trying to build a franchise. I want the young guys in here, not necessarily the top guys.

Broncospsycho77
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Manning.
Roeth.
Ryan.
Brady.
Brees.
Rivers.
Rodgers.
E. Manning.

Flacco, but he makes me nervous, so I really only have a top 8. The last 2 are wild cards.
And then Palmer, given he still has talent.

underrated29
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Interesting that you two both chose Rothlisberger. And both went for younger/rebuilding. Its a great idea. I am more of the win now, Mo is more of the win in the future. Neither is wrong, just interesting.

Why is Ben ranked so high by you guys for our system?

I like big ben. But to me he is not the best pocket passer. And he throws a lot of interceptions or ill advised throws. Not crazy numbers mind you, but for the broncos system that we will be running. From what i understand it is more about pocket passing, accurate throws, and precise plays.

Not a lot of rollouts or improvising which is one thing Ben excells at.

Thats why i left him off my list. Tell me why you guys have him so high on your list.

Buff
07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't change my list. We're trying to build a franchise. I want the young guys in here, not necessarily the top guys.

You will change your list and you will remove Jay Cutler because those are u29's rules goddamnit.

underrated29
07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
You will change your list and you will remove Jay Cutler because those are u29's rules goddamnit.

LOL

Thats right! Dont ever let it happen again. Buff is a god.

MOtorboat
07-14-2009, 05:30 PM

What you gonna do about it hippie?

elsid13
07-14-2009, 05:54 PM

Don't they kick you out of Boulder if you act that way?

EastCoastBronco
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Interesting that you two both chose Rothlisberger. And both went for younger/rebuilding. Its a great idea. I am more of the win now, Mo is more of the win in the future. Neither is wrong, just interesting.

I like big ben. But to me he is not the best pocket passer. And he throws a lot of interceptions or ill advised throws. Not crazy numbers mind you, but for the broncos system that we will be running. From what i understand it is more about pocket passing, accurate throws, and precise plays.

Not a lot of rollouts or improvising which is one thing Ben excells at.

Thats why i left him off my list. Tell me why you guys have him so high on your list.

Big Ben reminds me a lot of Elway. Not armwise but his toughness and ability to make something from nothing always make me think of Elway.

Broncospsycho77
07-14-2009, 06:22 PM

For one, he has as many rings as Elway. And during the second SB, the Steelers didn't win in spite of him, but rather, using him as a weapon. He's just good enough in that teams have to fear him, but they don't develop a gameplan against him specifically. He's a system QB who, IMO, could flourish in any system, maybe outside of a McNabb or Vick system.

EMB6903
07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
1a.Peyton Manning
1b.Tom Brady
3.Drew Brees
4.Carson Palmer
5.Ben Roethlisberger
6.Phillip Rivers
7.Jay Cutler
8.Tony Romo
9.Donavon Mcnabb
10. Matt Ryan

Yes I put a 2nd year QB over Eli Manning... Im not too high on Eli, I think hes extremely over-rated and I feel like he can only play with a lead otherwise hes a turnover machine... If he passes the ball over 30 times it seems like he ends the game with 2-3 INTs.. Hes a great game manager but when hes asked to throw the ball a lot is when he gets exposed.

MasterShake
07-14-2009, 08:12 PM
1. Brady
2. Roethlisberger
3. P.Manning
4. Brees
5. Matt Ryan
6. Tony Romo
7. Eli Manning
8. Carson Palmer
9. Jake Delhomme
10. David Garrard

Simple Jaded
07-14-2009, 09:56 PM
1-- Ben R-berger.
2-- Peyton Manning.
3-- Tom Brady.
4-- D-Nabb.
5-- Carson Palmer.
6-- Aaron Rodgers.
7-- Eli Manning.
8-- Joe Flacco.
9-- Matthew Stafford.
10-- Matt Ryan.......

Dirk
07-15-2009, 05:48 AM
1. Peyton - Best QB in the league bar none IMO No QB reads a Defense like Peyton

2. Matty Ice - That's right I took him over Brady! :D He showed me a lot last year, and the kid is a winner!

3. Brady - I like Brady, but think he is a product of NE but good enough to be no 3.

4. Rivers - No doubt that Phyllis has mad skills

5. Brees - He just can throw the rock...man is good

6. Big Ben - Seems lady luck shines on this guy..why not let it shine in Denver

7. Pennington - One of the most accurate and underrated QBs in the game today

8. Palmer - I've always thought he got put into the wrong place and hoped he would get out and onto a team that could utilize his skills

9. Eli - Although not as good as his brother, he does possess the skills to win

10. Brady Quinn - I know he isn't "proven" but I think this guy has the skills to be a great NFL QB if in the right system. I was pulling for Denver to find a way to get him. Even though it wasn't favored around here.