PDA

View Full Version : Heinous Villains

Dreadnought
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
OK - in your movie viewing, which characters have been most loathsome, awful, or downright evil? Who did you especially cheer when they hopefully got what was coming to them?

I'll leave off with the horrible outlaw Blue Duck from Lonesome Dove. I was saddened when he only dies from a fall as opposed to the hanging he so richly deserved

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Al Pacino - The Devil

courtesy of Devil's Advocate.

FTW

(Dread...lead off, my man, don't leave him off...)

P.S. I guess I didn't read the point of thread very well...because in the end he ends up kind of on top...but he was an awesome villain in that movie.

gnomeflinger
07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
The Dark Knight - The Joker. It's too bad Heath Ledger had to go and die, because now his character is left hanging (pun intended - for those who have seen the movie).

MasterShake
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
The big evil Highlander dude from the first Highlander. Glad he got his head cut off.

atwater27
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Cypher from the Matrix- yellow bellied *******! He deserves to rot forever in the program where he is married to Joy Behar from "the View".

Commodus from Gladiator- another coward that makes you yell at the screen.

Baltar from the new Battlestar Galactica- honestly, he is a pure typecast of a moon bat from the future.

Michael Moore in every one of his movies. He is a fat lying hack. Got his deserved death in a cameo in Team America World Police. He should get that ending in his next crockumentary as well.

Burke from Aliens- the perfect caricature of a corporate swindler. Got a most deserved death.

Bill from Kill Bill. I mean the movie's name says it all. Creep.

Staff Sargeant Barnes from Platoon- mofo is a cold blooded coward.

Cpl. Timothy P. Upham from Saving Private Ryan. Because of his cowardly inaction a good man got an evil slow motion knife through the heart from a German psycopath.

David Drumlin from Contact- Induces fierce rage.. reminds me of ******** I have dealt with in my life. You know, kissasses who claim credit for your efforts and weasel their way into better position at your expense.

The worst villain is from a movie I can't remember the title of. In it someone stumbles upon the movie set of a child molester ring and a guy and a lady are running it. I think they get killed, but I forget the movie.

NightTrainLayne
07-13-2009, 10:13 PM
You didn't limit the choices to movies, so I'll nominate a villain from the world of books.

Randall Flagg, also known as RF, Flagg, and Walter O'Dim, who appears in nine of Stephen King's novels as the pure embodiment of evil.

He is best captured in Stephen King's worst received novel "The Eyes of the Dragon" which as it turns out is one of my favorite King novels. King describes Flagg as “somebody who’s very charismatic, laughs a lot, [is] tremendously attractive to men and women both, and [is] somebody who just appeals to the worst in all of us.”

If you've read much of King you've run across Randall Flagg in one form or another, sometimes just with the initials R.F.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
You didn't limit the choices to movies, so I'll nominate a villain from the world of books.

Randall Flagg, also known as RF, Flagg, and Walter O'Dim, who appears in nine of Stephen King's novels as the pure embodiment of evil.

He is best captured in Stephen King's worst received novel "The Eyes of the Dragon" which as it turns out is one of my favorite King novels. King describes Flagg as “somebody who’s very charismatic, laughs a lot, [is] tremendously attractive to men and women both, and [is] somebody who just appeals to the worst in all of us.”

If you've read much of King you've run across Randall Flagg in one form or another, sometimes just with the initials R.F.

Also the bad guy in The Stand. Good choice.

Devilspawn
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
The worst villain is from a movie I can't remember the title of. In it someone stumbles upon the movie set of a child molester ring and a guy and a lady are running it. I think they get killed, but I forget the movie.
Was that "When The Bough Breaks" with Ted Dansen?

frauschieze
07-13-2009, 10:33 PM
The Eyes of the Dragon was far from King's worst novel. Critics are retarded.

There is also a suggestion in the Gunslinger that the dark man is not the same Flagg as in the Eyes of the Dragon as Roland crosses the path of Thomas and Dennis who are still chasing Flagg from that book.

The intersections of King's novels and short stories has taken up many hours of my time over the years. He's a guilty pleasure. :D

Broncospsycho77
07-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Cruella DeVille.

Honestly, who kills puppies?

The source of all evil, that's who.

broncogirl7
07-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) - The Shining
To this day he creeps me out with those eyebrows....:shudder:

broncogirl7
07-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Gollum (Andy Serkis) - Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King...

My little niece still gets freaked out if anyone says, "my precious."

Dreadnought
07-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Frank from "Once Upon a Time in the West" - Henry Fonda as a vile killer in the darkest and best Spaghetti Western ever, and damn good at it. Chas. Bronson gives him the business at the end.and you only wish it was a longer more awful death for Frank

NightTrainLayne
07-13-2009, 10:46 PM
The Eyes of the Dragon was far from King's worst novel. Critics are retarded.

There is also a suggestion in the Gunslinger that the dark man is not the same Flagg as in the Eyes of the Dragon as Roland crosses the path of Thomas and Dennis who are still chasing Flagg from that book.

The intersections of King's novels and short stories has taken up many hours of my time over the years. He's a guilty pleasure. :D

I totally agree. "Eyes of the Dragon" is probably my favorite of his, with a ton of close seconds.

Someday I hope to read all his books together back-to-back and try to put all the cross-references together. Flagg mentions in one book that there are many worlds or universes, and he's lived other lives. . .not quite the same guy, but maybe a reflection.

Anyways, best starting line of a novel ever. .. ."The Man in Black (Flagg) fled into the desert. . . ..And the Gunslinger followed", from "The Gunslinger".

broncogirl7
07-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Sheriff "Little Bill" Daggett - Unforgiven
(Gene Hackman) Very bad sheriff!

frauschieze
07-13-2009, 10:53 PM
I totally agree. "Eyes of the Dragon" is probably my favorite of his, with a ton of close seconds.

Someday I hope to read all his books together back-to-back and try to put all the cross-references together. Flagg mentions in one book that there are many worlds or universes, and he's lived other lives. . .not quite the same guy, but maybe a reflection.

Anyways, best starting line of a novel ever. .. ."The Man in Black (Flagg) fled into the desert. . . ..And the Gunslinger followed", from "The Gunslinger".

Have you read Insomnia? That's probably my favorite novel of his. Tie in is obvious but small. Eyes of the Dragon is probably my second fav.

And totally agreed on that line. It is pure brilliance.

girler
07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
My first thought was Commodus. He was so horrible I hated Joaquin Phoenix for years until I realized he was actually just a good actor.

We can't forget the evil Oompa Loompas in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. <shudder>

Of course there's Ephialtes in 300, the dirty traitor. He makes you understand why they put all those deformed babies to death. And we all cheered when Xerxes got a spear to the cheek. Was I the only one who wished Leonidas had caught those cheek rings while he was at it?

Oh, and there's the judge guy in Sweeney Todd. It was so SWEET when Sweeney slices his throat! And the sheriff guy too. That was awesome! Lets sing some songs and slice some throats. What a great movie! I think I'll put that one on now. :salute:

Broncospsycho77
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
The douche bag boyfriend from Wedding Crashers. I don't really know if he qualifies for "villain," but I mostly just hate him. Nobody punches Owen Wilson.

NightTrainLayne
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Have you read Insomnia? That's probably my favorite novel of his. Tie in is obvious but small. Eyes of the Dragon is probably my second fav.

And totally agreed on that line. It is pure brilliance.

Yes. I've actually thought about this before, and when I get the chance to go back through and read them all back-to-back, I plan to start with Insomnia.

You're freaking me out Frau.

Wow. . .and just now a Stephen King reference on Conan O'Brien. . .

broncogirl7
07-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Yes. I've actually thought about this before, and when I get the chance to go back through and read them all back-to-back, I plan to start with Insomnia.

Be afraid....King is everywhere. You really wonder what this guy is like in person. Is he secretly like any of his heinous characters from his books/movies? Scary.

frauschieze
07-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Why? :laugh:

atwater27
07-13-2009, 11:04 PM
There is a character in The Dean Koontz novel False Memory that to me is the most evil **** ever invented in any story. Dr. Mark Ahriman. He poses as a psychiatrist and uses Haiku poems to program his trusting patients to do the most dastardly things. I will say no more, other than read the book, it is amazing.

A funny review from a koontz forum...

"on the other hand... wow...he was just evil. no diagnosis, no disorder. he was the very definition of evil. no redemptive qualities. i half expected him to suddenly find out that he had a 666 mark on his scalp or something. man... the crazy thing is at the end of the day humans are scarier" http://dkoontz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=386&PN=6

broncogirl7
07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Koontz is a master. What about Monster in Jonathon Kellerman's book?

Northman
07-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Hmmm, good topic.

First off, i would have to say Richard Gere's character in Internal Affairs gets off WAY too easy. And for anyone who has seen that the scene where Gere's partner calls his wife the night he dies KNOWS exactly what im talking about.

Kevin Spacey's character in Seven

Joan Crawford- Mommie Dearest

Stephen Lang- Ike Clanton in Tombstone (God that ***** always got away by the skin of his teeth, lol)

Those are a few.

sneakers
07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Most people would say Darth Vader, but I see him more as a tragic sympathetic character, the real evil character is Emperor Palpatine.

atwater27
07-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Most people would say Darth Vader, but I see him more as a tragic sympathetic character, the real evil character is Emperor Palpatine.

Noone is as evil as Jar Jar Binks. He scares the shit out of me.

aberdien
07-14-2009, 01:02 AM

Those state coins, man...

Kathy Bates is the main one for me in Misery.

Also the dude from The Green Mile, that bitchy kangaroo from Horton Hears a Who, and nobody liked Sid from Toy Story.

claymore
07-14-2009, 07:11 AM
OK - in your movie viewing, which characters have been most loathsome, awful, or downright evil? Who did you especially cheer when they hopefully got what was coming to them?

I'll leave off with the horrible outlaw Blue Duck from Lonesome Dove. I was saddened when he only dies from a fall as opposed to the hanging he so richly deserved

Blue Duck is a great choice. July Johnsons wife got what was coming to her as well though.

NameUsedBefore
07-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Anton Chigurh.

atwater27
07-14-2009, 08:08 AM
I forgot!

http://www.dquinn.net/images/khan.jpg

http://angelinafauxlie.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/khan.jpg

Thnikkaman
07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Currently listening to a book called "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet. Having a problem getting into this one but there is a character named William Hamleigh that I am looking forward to hearing him meet his end.

Broncospsycho77
07-14-2009, 12:12 PM
That one movie where the guy sells his soul to the devil for 3 wishes, and the devil's actually some hot chick, and all of his wishes go down the pooper because she's the devil and twists his words. That chick was super hot, but a Class A biatch.

Devilspawn
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
That one movie where the guy sells his soul to the devil for 3 wishes, and the devil's actually some hot chick, and all of his wishes go down the pooper because she's the devil and twists his words. That chick was super hot, but a Class A biatch.
That has to be Bedazzled, and the chick was Elizabeth Hurley. One of my favorite movies of all-time.

That was a remake of a 196something film with Dudley Moore.

BigDaddyBronco
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life. Capitalist pig! :laugh:
Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Max Cady in Cape Fear. Either De Niro or Robert Mitchum.

The worst villain in book form is Iago from Othello.

Buff
07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
This is a movie thread people... Save your book villains for the bookworm crowd.

I don't know that there is really one villain that stands out from the rest of them... But god damnit if the Scottish nobles in Braveheart don't piss me off everytime I watch that movie. Have a little freaking dignity you ********.

Broncospsycho77
07-14-2009, 04:39 PM
A new book one: the entirety of Great Expectations.

Another movie one: Duh, the Terminator. I'd shit my pants if he popped up in my room one day.

G_Money
07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
First 7 that sprang to mind:

Agent Smith (Matrix) - "Missster Annnnndersonnn..."

Jenner (Secret of Nimh) - he killed freakin' Nicodemus, man.

The dragon (Dragonslayer) - because that movie to this day is filled with awesome, and watching that dragon crawl out of the cave still gives me chills. It's a DRAGON.

Caliban, (clash of the Titans) - Loved the claymation and his desperate impotent rage, and his kidnapping of the princess helped ground the movie for a 8 year old watching it.

The Bronze Minotaur (Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger) - for me, the first incarnation I saw of idea of the unstoppable Terminator from Cameron's movies.

Thulsa Doom (Conan) - James Earl Jones talking women into jumping off of cliffs for him was my introduction to the concept of mind versus body on film.

And OF COURSE:

Darth Vader - *cue the Imperial March* - Empire Strikes Back is the first movie I remember seeing in the theater, and Vader is villanous perfection.

~G

Dirk
07-15-2009, 09:32 AM
First that comes to mind is Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

The first movie of this franchise was so good!!! When it came out it was totally freaky and made you want to jump in a dream to help kill him....if only it didn't mean your demise...muhahahaha

Arkansas Bronco
07-15-2009, 09:58 AM
First that comes to mind is Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

The first movie of this franchise was so good!!! When it came out it was totally freaky and made you want to jump in a dream to help kill him....if only it didn't mean your demise...muhahahaha
I seen it when i was like 9 and it scared the crap out of me for a bit.

NightTrainLayne
07-15-2009, 10:08 AM
How about Isaac from the first "Children of the Corn".

Evil kids seem scarier to me. Macauley Culkin in "The Good Son" (I think that's the title) is another example. It really gets in my head when I see a kid be so evil.

Dirk
07-16-2009, 08:24 AM
How about Isaac from the first "Children of the Corn".

Best quote from that is when Isaac says..."He wants you, too, Malachi...he wants you, too".

Back then a great flick...now it's pretty corny.

NightTrainLayne
07-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Best quote from that is when Isaac says..."He wants you, too, Malachi...he wants you, too".

Back then a great flick...now it's pretty corny.

I was just a kid. At the time it was uber-scary. I haven't really seen it since then, so it probably is pretty "corny" (good pun).

Has anyone mentioned Amon Goth? Wow. That guy was pure evil incarnate, at least as he was portrayed in Shindler's List.

girler
07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
How could we have forgotten Lord Voldemort??? Now that's an evil dude, trying to kill babies and all.

Thnikkaman
07-16-2009, 02:25 PM
How could we have forgotten Lord Voldemort??? Now that's an evil dude, trying to kill babies and all.

The Heinous villain in that series is J.K. Rowling for making an interesting children's character and then going all emo with it.

girler
07-16-2009, 02:28 PM
The Heinous villain in that series is J.K. Rowling for making an interesting children's character and then going all emo with it.

J.K. is my hero. Someday I hope to become richer than the Queen of England for writing children's books too. I don't care if I have to go all emo or not! :salute:

Thnikkaman
07-16-2009, 02:34 PM
J.K. is my hero. Someday I hope to become richer than the Queen of England for writing children's books too. I don't care if I have to go all emo or not! :salute:

She almost won me back with the last book, but I got sick of listening to Harry be all whiny.

Broncospsycho77
07-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Harry Potter's a bitch. It makes me mad that I read seven books and that's the most redeeming quality from the protagonist.

gnomeflinger
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Col. Tavington in "The Patriot"

girler
07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
She almost won me back with the last book, but I got sick of listening to Harry be all whiny.

No kidding. Just when he learned his lesson and probably became a great and wonderful person, she stopped it and fast forwarded to schmaltz.

Col. Tavington in "The Patriot"

Who is also Lucious Malfoy in the movies, whom I lovingly refer to as "Luscious Lucious." :lollypop:

dogfish
07-26-2009, 12:44 PM
This is a movie thread people... Save your book villains for the bookworm crowd.

I don't know that there is really one villain that stands out from the rest of them... But god damnit if the Scottish nobles in Braveheart don't piss me off everytime I watch that movie. Have a little freaking dignity you ********.

don't forget edward longshanks!

or the englishman who slit the throat of william wallace's wife. . . .

Gamechanger
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Bishop (Tupac) in "Juice": powerful character who only wanted respect, killing a close friend in the process

the Serial Killer in "The Poughkeepsie Tapes": 800 tapes of this guy just torturing and murdering them in a gruesome fashion

Broncospsycho77
07-29-2009, 01:31 PM
The entire cast of White Chicks.

atwater27
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
The entire cast of White Chicks.

Gawd that movie sucks balls.