PDA

View Full Version : Broncos and Knowshon start negotiations

Italianmobstr7
07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/13/broncos-knowshown-launch-negotiations/

Broncos, Knowshown launch negotiations
Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2009 2:55 PM

As we troll the NFL waters for something/anything worthy of a mention, we continue to come up empty when it comes to the question of whether anything is happening between the 30 unsigned NFL draft picks and the franchises who have picked them.

We have learned, however, that the Broncos and running back Knowshon Moreno have launched negotiations aimed at getting the first running back taken this year under contract.

Moreno, a star at Georgia, was the 12th overall selection. Though the Broncos have, at last count, 23 running backs under contract, Moreno likely will be relied upon to have a significant role in an offense that lost much of its passing punch with the offseason trade of quarterback Jay Cutler.

Moreno's former college teammate, quarterback Matthew Stafford, was the first overall pick -- and he agreed to terms before holding up a Honolulu blue jersey with his name on it.

The only other first-round selection under contract is Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.

In the next week or so, the process of signing first-round picks will heat up. Most of them likely will be signed before training camps open; some inevitably will hold out.

NightTrainLayne
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/13/broncos-knowshown-launch-negotiations/
Though the Broncos have, at last count, 23 running backs under contract . . .

What does it say about our running back situation that I had to stop and think for a minute to decide whether this was a joke or not?

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 03:12 PM
FTR, there are all of six and a half running backs on the team.

underrated29
07-13-2009, 03:14 PM
FTR, there are all of six and a half running backs on the team.

Since when did you play for the broncos?

Can i have your autograph please.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Since when did you play for the broncos?

Can i have your autograph please.

Larsen is a half of a running back...he's a FB/LB :cool:

underrated29
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I know friend.

I was just being an ass.

:salute:

PS- is hillis in your list as a RB? If not those two halfs could make another whole.....Just a thought.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I know friend.

I was just being an ass.

:salute:

PS- is hillis in your list as a RB? If not those two halfs could make another whole.....Just a thought.

Yup, six full-time running backs.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Just out of comparison...

The Chargers have 10, the Chiefs have eight, and the Raiders have nine...just good ole' PFT...trying to make an ill-informed joke.