PDA

View Full Version : Marshall coming to training camp! (possibly)

Italianmobstr7
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-marshallfuture071309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
By Sean Jensen, Special to Yahoo! Sports 17 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS – Brandon Marshall(notes) is unwilling to talk about what jersey he wants to wear in the fall. However, he’s made it clear that whatever uniform he dons, he expects to suit up in great shape.

“All I can do is get up every day and beat my body up, and that’s the truth,” the Denver Broncos wideout said during an exclusive interview after a workout on Friday at the University of Minnesota with fellow Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald(notes). “At the end of the day, I’m going to be playing football, and, if I’m going to be out there, I got to be in the best shape I can be in.”

Neither Marshall, who requested a trade from the Broncos during a meeting with owner Pat Bowlen last month, nor his agent Kennard McGuire would comment on the status of the request.

“I ain’t worrying about that right now,” Marshall said, “and I ain’t going to talk about that.”

Marshall, a 2006 fourth-round NFL draft pick who earned $1.5 million in each of his first three seasons, reportedly wants an upgrade to a contract that is set to pay him $2.2 million in 2009. In addition to salary concerns, Marshall is believed to be bothered by the departure of Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler(notes), who was traded to the Chicago Bears, and the team’s medical staff.

In a May blog post, Marshall said he got two MRIs on his hip and was told that nothing was wrong.

“But come to find out THERE WAS A BIT OF A PROBLEM after all,” Marshall wrote on his blog.

Asked if he plans to report to the team’s training camp on July 30, Marshall said, “Well, I’m under contract with the Broncos.”

Marshall, hoping not to become a distraction to his teammates (“You don’t ever want to be that,” he said), focused many of his answers on his immediate goal: closing a tangible gap with Fitzgerald.After their full morning workout on Friday, the players ran 16, 110-yard dashes. Marshall didn’t like the view.

“The main thing I’m taking back to Orlando with me is that I’m 20 yards behind Fitzgerald,” Marshall said. “We ended [Fri]day with 110s, and I was 20 yards behind him.”

How many times?

“On all of them,” Marshall matter-of-factly said. “It showed me how far behind I am from the best.”

Marshall didn’t mention that he had hip surgery on April 1. Instead, Fitzgerald later pointed that out in a separate interview.

“Well, I’ve been doing this for a while,” Fitzgerald said of the conditioning drills, “and he just got back from major surgery not too long ago.

“He’s an incredible specimen. It won’t take long for him to recover.”

The injury could be one of several concerns the Broncos have about rewarding Marshall with a lucrative contract. Despite back-to-back 100-catch seasons, Marshall has been on police blotters on several occasions, most recently in March, when he was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being in a fight with his fiancée (the charges were dropped).

“I don’t know what’s going to happen with him and Denver. But, I just hope if he is traded or isn’t trade, I just want him to be happy,” said Fitzgerald, who struck up a friendship with Marshall through former NFL star and onetime Yahoo! Sports analyst Cris Carter. “I want to see him have success, whether that’s in Denver or [somewhere else]. I just want to see him have success, because he puts in the work.”

Marshall said he enjoyed sharing insights with receivers like Fitzgerald and the Green Bay Packers’ Greg Jennings(notes). But the highlight of his week was on Wednesday, when he worked out with Jerry Rice(notes).

“I had never gotten the chance to meet the G.O.A.T. [Greatest of All Time] before,” Marshall said. “It’s inspiring, to see how old he is, and how he’s still got it.”

If he remains a Bronco this season, Marshall will have to adjust to a new quarterback. In addition to acquiring draft picks for Cutler, the Broncos also got veteran quarterback Kyle Orton(notes).

Marshall was nothing but diplomatic in his comments about the team’s new quarterbacks, Orton and Chris Simms(notes), and he downplayed the departure of Cutler.

“With this game, as far as the NFL, it’s about change,” Marshall said. “You see that all the time. People come in and go out. It’s one of those things you have to deal with it and move on. You can’t get caught up in the past.

“You just got to do your best, to control what you can control.”

Right now, Marshall’s focus is on getting into shape so he can avoid being what he called a “so-so” player.

“Football is exciting. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing with the best or you’re playing with average guys, or a bad team,” Marshall said. “Football is always the same. Every time Sunday comes around, you’re going to be pumped up.

“Just to have an opportunity to play ball is exciting.”

BroncoWave
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
If he has any matter whatsoever in his pea-sized brain he will come to camp. I think the Broncos have made it clear that they have no intentions of trading him unless someone blows them away with an offer which doesn't appear likely at all. At this point, he really has no choice but to come to camp.

underrated29
07-13-2009, 02:49 PM
lets just get brandon, knowshon and ayers in camp on time. Then Mcdaniels journey from the dark side will be complete.

Billy B has taught him well.

G_Money
07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I still think missing the mini-camp was a warning shot across the bow, just a way to prove he was serious in his discontent. He HAS to know he has no leverage, as does his agent. I know a lot of agents misjudge situations or flat-out lie (see Rosenhaus, Drew) but for the most part, there's a certain level of gamesmanship and a certain level of realism that has to come with the package.

If Marshall's not at training camp I will be shocked. I expect Brandon to play for us this year, work his way back into health, and then get traded after the season to a team that will give him the dollars his performance warrants.

But I do expect him to suit up and play this season for Denver, which is only good for us, and whichever QB is behind center.

~G

underrated29
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I still think missing the mini-camp was a warning shot across the bow, just a way to prove he was serious in his discontent. He HAS to know he has no leverage, as does his agent. I know a lot of agents misjudge situations or flat-out lie (see Rosenhaus, Drew) but for the most part, there's a certain level of gamesmanship and a certain level of realism that has to come with the package.

If Marshall's not at training camp I will be shocked. I expect Brandon to play for us this year, work his way back into health, and then get traded after the season to a team that will give him the dollars his performance warrants.

But I do expect him to suit up and play this season for Denver, which is only good for us, and whichever QB is behind center.

~G

Why would we trade him after the season G?

Bowlen has already said that if Brandon shows up and plays this year that he will get his big fat contract right here in Denver. Thats what Brandon wants. And so does bowlen and Mcd. Why would we want to trade him?

I am sure we will offer brandon a lot-unless bowlen forgets that he already told him this.

BroncoWave
07-13-2009, 02:56 PM
If Brandon does play the whole year at his normal level and manages to stay out of trouble, Bowlen would be a moron not to give him an extension unless someone just makes a Herschel Walker type of deal for him.

G_Money
07-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Why would we trade him after the season G?

Bowlen has already said that if Brandon shows up and plays this year that he will get his big fat contract right here in Denver. Thats what Brandon wants. And so does bowlen and Mcd. Why would we want to trade him?

I am sure we will offer brandon a lot-unless bowlen forgets that he already told him this.

The situation with Brandon will hopefully be better next season in that Brandon will have proven his health. He will not have conclusively proven his good citizenship, and anybody who signs him to big dollars will have to live with the idea of losing him for 8 or more games at his next stupid action in his personal life.

And whether or not we want to offer Brandon money, he's under no compunction to take it from us. He'll be an RFA. We'd get draftpicks, but we have no say on forcing him to sign with us (unless the CBA is completely defeating my understanding).

If he remains pissed about his "unfair treatment" and we hold to our no-primadonna-players mantra, I can't guarantee we'd offer him the contract he wants anyway.

I don't see him here long-term. Maybe I'll be wrong about that too. But if I'm not, it might behoove us to trade him if the trade market offers more than the 1st-and-3rd tender we'll lay on him as an RFA.

Regardless of what goes down next year, I hope he regains full health this year and is a beast again - hopefully with better hands and renewed lower body strength.

~G

underrated29
07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Kinda of a sidetrack question here. And i am sure i am mixing and matching items but.....

travis henry got the suspension and was 1 more baby...I mean drug instance away from a year suspension. However, if he kept his nose clean for 1 year, or whatever the time frame the year long suspension was over and basically he started over from the beginnning.

Why does brandon not get that same rule, or does he?

So if brandon stays clean and goes a year without getting in trouble, then he gets his slate wiped clean (if this is the same scenario as henry). If he messes up again, after the 1 year, would it not then be a warning or 1 game suspension?

Anyone care to help with this, or agree, disagree etc.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Kinda of a sidetrack question here. And i am sure i am mixing and matching items but.....

travis henry got the suspension and was 1 more baby...I mean drug instance away from a year suspension. However, if he kept his nose clean for 1 year, or whatever the time frame the year long suspension was over and basically he started over from the beginnning.

So if brandon stays clean and goes a year without getting in trouble, then he gets his slate wiped clean (if this is the same scenario as henry). If he messes up again, after the 1 year, would it not then be a warning or 1 game suspension?

Honestly, I have no clue what Goodell will do next.

broncofanatic1987
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
It seems like Marshall might have just used his hold out at the mandatory mini camp as a message. It seems that either he or his agent is smart enough to know that his only option is to report to training camp. This is good news for the Broncos.:elefant::elefant::elefant:

dogfish
07-13-2009, 04:52 PM

henry was in the substance abuse program, which carries specific guidlines. . . . as i understand it, the league's personal conduct policy falls under goodell's discretion. . .

“All I can do is get up every day and beat my body up, and that’s the truth,” the Denver Broncos wideout said during an exclusive interview

as long as YOUR body is the only one you're beating up (short of going through the TV again), then we're in good shape. . .

OaklandRaider
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I didn't know where to post this but

http://www.jocklife.com/news/nfl/baltimore-ravens-wide-receiver-derrick-mason-officially-announces-his-retirement-nfl-27464

Ravens WR Derrick Mason just retired. I think they will make a hard push for Marshall.

SoCalImport
07-13-2009, 05:46 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck/2009/07/report_derrick_mason_retires.html

Yep. He did.

The situation with Marshall, however, has gone far enough (training camp just about to start) that any team would have to make the deal seriously lob-sided to make Bowlen and McD consider a trade trade.

eg: young probowl talent WITHOUT the baggage for Marshal

underrated29
07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
They better not. I want marshall here!

Only would i accept- ngata and a 2nd or 3rd for brandon at this point since he is about to report.

dogfish
07-13-2009, 05:57 PM
shiiiiit! i'd give them a second if we could trade marshall for ngata! ain't happenin' though. . . .

WARHORSE
07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck/2009/07/report_derrick_mason_retires.html

Yep. He did.

The situation with Marshall, however, has gone far enough (training camp just about to start) that any team would have to make the deal seriously lob-sided to make Bowlen and McD consider a trade trade.

eg: young probowl talent WITHOUT the baggage for Marshal

EXTREMELY LOBsided. :laugh:

heh heh

OaklandRaider
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
They better not. I want marshall here!

Only would i accept- ngata and a 2nd or 3rd for brandon at this point since he is about to report.

Why would the Ravens trade Ngata, their best young defensive player for Marshall, a guy who might get suspended down the road in the season?

Even though Baltimore is desperate for a WR, I don't think they are THAT desperate enough to trade away the best 3-4 defensive lineman in the NFL in Ngata IMO.

I had stated previously that I didn't think a team would trade a first for Marshall, unless something drastic happened. Well something drastic did happen, the ravens weren't expecting him to retire at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up their first round pick for Marshall now, and threw in a decent player who will fit the Broncos new defense like a Kelly Gregg, or a Trevor Pryce.

EMB6903
07-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Ngata the best 3-4 defensive lineman?

Casey Hampton? Vince Wilfork? Richard Seymour?

OaklandRaider
07-13-2009, 06:55 PM

I'll take Ngata over Seymour and Hampton at this point in their careers. Wilfork is still dominant, but Ngata has the versatility to move all around. He can play NT or DE and sometimes the Ravens even stand him up as a linebacker.

dogfish
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM

it makes me feel dirty to agree with owned, but i would take nagata over any of those guys without thinking twice. . . he's the youngest, the biggest, and probably the most athletic of the group-- the way that guy can move at 345 pounds is just insane! he's already proven that he can play at a very high level, has experience at nose and end, is one of the main cogs in an elite defense, and he still has unrealized potential. . .

this is pretty much a pointless discussion, though-- none of those guys are coming here. . .

BroncoTech
07-13-2009, 08:22 PM
How much are you going to get for a guy that just admitted he's further behind the play than most NFL referees. I'm talking 20 yards here. Wow.

WARHORSE
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
How much are you going to get for a guy that just admitted he's further behind the play than most NFL referees. I'm talking 20 yards here. Wow.

Im going out on a limb, but I dont think thats the case at all.

Marshall is not 100%, and is not trying to go all out at this point of the off season.

sneakers
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
He'll be there, and once football starts, I think this will all blow over.

rcsodak
07-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Why would the Ravens trade Ngata, their best young defensive player for Marshall, a guy who might get suspended down the road in the season?

Even though Baltimore is desperate for a WR, I don't think they are THAT desperate enough to trade away the best 3-4 defensive lineman in the NFL in Ngata IMO.

I had stated previously that I didn't think a team would trade a first for Marshall, unless something drastic happened. Well something drastic did happen, the ravens weren't expecting him to retire at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up their first round pick for Marshall now, and threw in a decent player who will fit the Broncos new defense like a Kelly Gregg, or a Trevor Pryce.

Just what they need....an ex Bronco player that couldn't get out of town fast enough, in Pryce...or a good, but near the end player, in Gregg.

Brilliant!

:coffee:

rcsodak
07-13-2009, 11:28 PM

Ummm....you DO realize he had hip surgery 3mos ago, right? :tsk:

And BMarsh has NEVER had the speed of Fitz.

Northman
07-13-2009, 11:54 PM
He would be very smart to show up.

Lonestar
07-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Lets hope he is done being stupid..

that said I notice several things I believe o be wrong in that article it said he had made 1.5 mil the last three years.. IIRC he made like 345 the first year 4 and change in his second and a bit more in year three and with a almost 800K bonus for being pro bowl he is supposed to make 2.198 this coming year..

IIRC his hip was operated in March not in April..

also someone said that Pat was quoted as saying they if he has a boffo year he will get a FAT contract..

I do not believe anyone has reported that and it was all speculation of their pre mini camp meeting..

Now I could be wrong on all of this but in my sleep deprived state right now I could be wrong..

NIght all

WARHORSE
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Ummm....you DO realize he had hip surgery 3mos ago, right? :tsk:

And BMarsh has NEVER had the speed of Fitz.

And Fitz never had the speed of Fitz either. :coffee:

Hes a Jerry Rice clone in that he has game speed. The man runs a 4.63 at the combine, but probably runs the same in pads on the field carrying a football.

Amazing.

broncofaninfla
07-14-2009, 09:05 AM
If Brandon performs and stays out of trouble, I'm all for paying to keep him

Ravage!!!
07-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I didn't know where to post this but

http://www.jocklife.com/news/nfl/baltimore-ravens-wide-receiver-derrick-mason-officially-announces-his-retirement-nfl-27464

Ravens WR Derrick Mason just retired. I think they will make a hard push for Marshall.

just heard an interview on ESPN radio this morning with a Raven's insider. She says that if they can get the deal done, with the DT on their team, by Wednesday.... that will free up the cap space and its said that they will make a push for Brandon Marshall. Something that is an added factor to Mason retiring.

Ravage!!!
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM

But they didn't mention what they did BEFORE the 110 yrd sprints. Its conditioning. Those are usually at the end of the day, and its hard to tell what they did for the 2 hours prior. Fitz said he's been doing this a long time, and it was his conditioning... not the speed.

T.K.O.
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM
just heard an interview on ESPN radio this morning with a Raven's insider. She says that if they can get the deal done, with the DT on their team, by Wednesday.... that will free up the cap space and its said that they will make a push for Brandon Marshall. Something that is an added factor to Mason retiring.

they can "push" all they want but like brandon said "i'm under contract with the denver broncos"......yeah baby

broncofanatic1987
07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Lets hope he is done being stupid..

that said I notice several things I believe o be wrong in that article it said he had made 1.5 mil the last three years.. IIRC he made like 345 the first year 4 and change in his second and a bit more in year three and with a almost 800K bonus for being pro bowl he is supposed to make 2.198 this coming year..

IIRC his hip was operated in March not in April..

also someone said that Pat was quoted as saying they if he has a boffo year he will get a FAT contract..

I do not believe anyone has reported that and it was all speculation of their pre mini camp meeting..

Now I could be wrong on all of this but in my sleep deprived state right now I could be wrong..

NIght all

The 1.5 million is a reference to the last 3 years combined not the per year average.

Some reports have said that his surgery was on March 31 while others say April 1.

I think you are correct in that it has not been reported that Bowlen promised a fat contract if Marshall has a stand out year.

broncofanatic1987
07-14-2009, 10:38 AM

You do realize that referees don't start from an even starting point as the player they are following, don't you? The play starts in front of them and they stay ahead of the play for as long as they can and the play usually ends before the player has a chance to get 20 yards ahead of the referee that's covering the part of the field in play. I bet when it comes to those rare 80 yard plays that the referees are more than 20 yards behind the play.

underrated29
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM

They wouldnt. but brandon is worth more than a 1st. And we are not going to take less value for him...

I want him here. I do not want us to trade him at all. But if we have to we are not going for fair value. They are desperate, we are not. So we rob you blind or no deal.

Ravage!!!
07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
they can "push" all they want but like brandon said "i'm under contract with the denver broncos"......yeah baby

Not sure I understand this. :confused:

Ravage!!!
07-14-2009, 01:36 PM
They wouldnt. but brandon is worth more than a 1st. And we are not going to take less value for him...

I want him here. I do not want us to trade him at all. But if we have to we are not going for fair value. They are desperate, we are not. So we rob you blind or no deal.

I bet we would take less than a first for him. If they come up with a package, don't think this admin wont jump on it. If Brandon doesn't sign this year, don't think the team is willing to franchise tag him if they aren't willing to pay him now.

I don't think we should trade Brandon at all and should pay him some money...but I dont' have confidence in those that are running things not to trade our players away.

Lonestar
07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
they do not have to franchise him until the CBA is signed he will be a RFA with a #1 tender on him and that also means we can match the offer he is made if we so desire..

BTW that lasts through the 2011 season unless they work out the CBA.. then we could franchise him..

EMB6903
07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I'll take Ngata over Seymour and Hampton at this point in their careers. Wilfork is still dominant, but Ngata has the versatility to move all around. He can play NT or DE and sometimes the Ravens even stand him up as a linebacker.

Ill take Hampton over any 3-4 defensive lineman regardless of age... hes probably the most dominant defensive tackle in the game today and the #1 reason that Pittsburgh defense is as dominant as it is. Ngata is solid though.. very versatile but I still think Wilfork is more dominating on a consistent basis... esspecially when it comes to penetrating the pocket.

It did crack me up that some fans think we can actually get A player like Ngata for Brandon Marshall though.... Hes untouchable at this point.... 0 techniques are extremely hard to find... esspecially a dominant one.

Lonestar
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Ill take Hampton over any 3-4 defensive lineman regardless of age... hes probably the most dominant defensive tackle in the game today and the #1 reason that Pittsburgh defense is as dominant as it is. Ngata is solid though.. very versatile but I still think Wilfork is more dominating on a consistent basis... esspecially when it comes to penetrating the pocket.

It did crack me up that some fans think we can actually get A player like Ngata for Brandon Marshall though.... Hes untouchable at this point.... 0 techniques are extremely hard to find... esspecially a dominant one.
:salute:

some folks also make me laugh when they think BM is worth a player and a pick or more than a Number 1..

hero worship is one thing, but not for damaged goods..

claymore
07-14-2009, 02:35 PM

some folks also make me laugh when they think BM is worth a player and a pick or more than a Number 1..

He is worth that to us right now. A #1 pick most likely wouldnt be able to replace Marshall. He has all world talent.

A team like the Ravens might see the same type of value in him.

Lonestar
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
He is worth that to us right now. A #1 pick most likely wouldnt be able to replace Marshall. He has all world talent.

A team like the Ravens might see the same type of value in him.

If they do great let them offer it but I suspect you will be greatly disappointed to here what most folks outside of Den think about him..

Note my SIG that is how I have always felt.. if the right offer comes along he is gone.. but IMO he will be on our squad through at atleast 2011.. when he becomes a UFA

OaklandRaider
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
but brandon is worth more than a 1st. And we are not going to take less value for him...

Anquan Boldin is better than Brandon Marshall and no teams were willing to give up a first four him. Braylon Edwards is just as talented as Marshall is and still, no team were willing to give up a first for him. Marshall is good, but his off the field problems decrease his value significantly and he is barely worth a first round pick today, IMO.

But I think you guys might get a first from the Ravens, because they are so desperate right now. Mason's retirement was a shock to them.

BroncoWave
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
John Clayton said on ESPN today that no one has offered Denver anything higher than a 4th round pick for him. That's a pretty good indication that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

underrated29
07-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Anquan Boldin is better than Brandon Marshall and no teams were willing to give up a first four him. Braylon Edwards is just as talented as Marshall is and still, no team were willing to give up a first for him. Marshall is good, but his off the field problems decrease his value significantly and he is barely worth a first round pick today, IMO.

But I think you guys might get a first from the Ravens, because they are so desperate right now. Mason's retirement was a shock to them.

Right. I am not talking about what his normal street value is. We all know that is around a 1st.

But thats not the case- which is what you alluded too earlier.

This is about negotiating. We hold all the cards, with brandon and with another team like the ravens. They are desperate. We are not. So to take him off our hands you have to overpay.

I am surprised to see so many people think, that we believe brandon is worth so much. of course not.

But because he is a great talent and becuase we are not desperate to keep him/ or get rid of him. We can say give us a top DT (nagata) and a pick. or no deal. We will be fine either way, but you ravens will be screwed! So what do you think...

Ok- then ravens say fine how about ngata and a 4th for bandon and a 5th...

This is how you negotiate people, and when you hold all the cards you do not make fair deals. You take them to the cleaners.

but as many have said and my personal hope, is that brandon is not going anywhere at all. He stays here.

PS- I remember reading that bowlen told Marshall that if he stays here, plays that he would get a fat contract next year. Does anyone else remember reading that. I dont know who the source was, i know it wasnt not a direct quote from bowlen.

FanInAZ
07-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Just reading the artical makes me wonder if Fitz took Marshall aside and gave him some advise. I know that this no one seems to be thinking a this scenario, but Fitz's side kick is unhappy here. What would you think of straight up trade, Bolden for Marshall?

Lonestar
07-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Right. I am not talking about what his normal street value is. We all know that is around a 1st.

But thats not the case- which is what you alluded too earlier.

This is about negotiating. We hold all the cards, with brandon and with another team like the ravens. They are desperate. We are not. So to take him off our hands you have to overpay.

I am surprised to see so many people think, that we believe brandon is worth so much. of course not.

But because he is a great talent and becuase we are not desperate to keep him/ or get rid of him. We can say give us a top DT (nagata) and a pick. or no deal. We will be fine either way, but you ravens will be screwed! So what do you think...

Ok- then ravens say fine how about ngata and a 4th for bandon and a 5th...

This is how you negotiate people, and when you hold all the cards you do not make fair deals. You take them to the cleaners.

but as many have said and my personal hope, is that brandon is not going anywhere at all. He stays here.

PS- I remember reading that bowlen told Marshall that if he stays here, plays that he would get a fat contract next year. Does anyone else remember reading that. I dont know who the source was, i know it wasnt not a direct quote from bowlen.

Yes that is how you neigoate and we have a position of power.. However it is not remotely as strong as you feel it is..

We all know how "reported things " are blown out of proportion in the cutler fiasco.. and in the beginning of this current bovine excrement..

so state it as it was reported or such so someone does not quote you down the road and believe it was Gospel..

I do remember seeing a report saying that in a meeting with Pat (and maybe others) and he was told to keep his nose clean and perform and then they would talk contract.. nothing more than that..

EMB6903
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Marshall is far from damaged goods.... everybody goes through injuries in the NFL even ones as crazy as Marshall went through last off season the only reason he isnt worth that right now is because of his legal troubles... No team is gonna fork out a 1st or a productive starter for a player who will most likely face a season suspension if he gets into trouble with the law again.

as far as talent goes? There isnt 5 receivers in this league that are as talented and big as he is.

WARHORSE
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
John Clayton said on ESPN today that no one has offered Denver anything higher than a 4th round pick for him. That's a pretty good indication that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

A fourth rounder?

All that makes me do is question Claytons relevance in the football world.:D

dogfish
07-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Broncos sticking it to Brandon?
Posted by Mike Florio on July 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall isn't happy with his team. One of the things sticking in his craw (we're still not quite sure where the "craw" resides in the human anatomy) is the medical staff's alleged bungling of his hip injury.

Twice last season Marshall was told he was fine. Upon securing a second opinion, Marshall eventually had surgery in March.

And because of the procedure and ensuing rehab, which caused him to miss the entire 2009 offseason, the Broncos have asked him to report for training camp three days early, on July 27 instead of July 30, according to the Denver Post.

Though the 72-hour window will pass in an instant in the grand scheme of things, Marshall easily could perceive the move as adding indignity to insult to injury.

Marshall skipped a mandatory minicamp several weeks ago, but the financial consequences of a training-camp holdout would be much stiffer. And the Broncos have raised the stakes by moving the target for his arrival from July 30 to July 27.

is this an innocent move, or is this showdown time?

SoCalImport
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
A fourth rounder?

Does that mean you have info to the contrary?

MOtorboat
07-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Just reading the artical makes me wonder if Fitz took Marshall aside and gave him some advise.

Something along the lines of:

"Shut your yapper, go to practice and quit hitting women."

:crossesfingers:

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Marshall is far from damaged goods.... everybody goes through injuries in the NFL even ones as crazy as Marshall went through last off season the only reason he isnt worth that right now is because of his legal troubles... No team is gonna fork out a 1st or a productive starter for a player who will most likely face a season suspension if he gets into trouble with the law again.

as far as talent goes? There isnt 5 receivers in this league that are as talented and big as he is.

have you been asleep that past couple of years..

HE tweaked an ankle in his rookie season.. not huge but missed time because of it developmental practice time..

he almost lost the use of his hand and forearm "horsing around" rumored that he still does not have complete feeling in his receiving hand..

his hip is still an issue until the Broncos doctors and trainers put him through his paces and check him out..

He has a potential 4-8 week suspension hanging over his head for his up coming trail..

he has not participated in any camps this year..

He wants a new contract

Just what part of damaged goods do you not understand..

not even counting he already has his own NFL Hdqrs ID just waiting for his next close encounter with law enforcement.

does he have a potential future in the NFL? absolutely IF they get answers to all of those items..could be another TO..
could be another Ashely if it is not all pristine when the tests come back..

Now he is pissed because they want him to report early.. what part of immature do you not get either..

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
A fourth rounder?

DO you think he does not have a reasonable pulse on what is happing .. I suspect he follows the rest of the league more than we do and most likely has contacts in all the cities..

He may not be an Adam S.. but I would not doubt the report as quoted.

WARHORSE
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Does that mean you have info to the contrary?

Nope. It means what it says..:cool:

WARHORSE
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
DO you think he does not have a reasonable pulse on what is happing .. I suspect he follows the rest of the league more than we do and most likely has contacts in all the cities..

He may not be an Adam S.. but I would not doubt the report as quoted.

What he said was, 'from what I understand..........'

That leaves a man a lot of wiggle room.

Nomad
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
BRONCOS aren't budging, so we'll see you at camp on the 27th....Marshall.:wave:

T.K.O.
07-15-2009, 04:43 PM
i really dont like the sounds of.....he's acting immature.....they wont budge....
it reminds me of another recent situation....what was that guys name ?
jake...no....jack..........no? oh well i know i dont like that kind of talk !;)

EMB6903
07-15-2009, 07:26 PM
HE tweaked an ankle in his rookie season.. not huge but missed time because of it developmental practice time..

he almost lost the use of his hand and forearm "horsing around" rumored that he still does not have complete feeling in his receiving hand..

his hip is still an issue until the Broncos doctors and trainers put him through his paces and check him out..

He has a potential 4-8 week suspension hanging over his head for his up coming trail..

he has not participated in any camps this year..

He wants a new contract

again... Injuries happen to everybody Andre Johnson had knee surgery 2 months before training camp last year and was the most dominant WR during the regular season, was he damaged goods? Is Tom Brady damaged goods? Peyton Manning? Adrian Peterson?

And Im sorry if I cant agree with you all on hating the guy over wanting a new contract... Brandon Marshall has caught 206 balls for 1500 yards and 13 Touchdowns since he became a fulltime starter in 2007 and is playing on a rookie contract... thats AMAZING and regardless of how many times hes been caught up in the law hes only been suspended 1 total game and at this point is facing no suspension.

No damaged goods... and far from it

MOtorboat
07-15-2009, 07:29 PM
again... Injuries happen to everybody Andre Johnson had knee surgery 2 months before training camp last year and was the most dominant WR during the regular season, was he damaged goods? Is Tom Brady damaged goods? Peyton Manning? Adrian Peterson?

And Im sorry if I cant agree with you all on hating the guy over wanting a new contract... Brandon Marshall has caught 206 balls for 1500 yards and 13 Touchdowns since he became a fulltime starter in 2007 and is playing on a rookie contract... thats AMAZING and regardless of how many times hes been caught up in the law hes only been suspended 1 total game and at this point is facing no suspension.

Not facing a suspension, huh...

He's facing a trial in September for battery that might make him miss eight games this season...I believe that would probably constitute facing a suspension, no?

SoCalImport
07-15-2009, 07:34 PM
And Im sorry if I cant agree with you all on hating the guy over wanting a new contract..

I don't think anyone's "hating" on B.Marsh. Wanting a new deal is totally understandable.
Expecting that these tactics might get him one, now, with all the current question marks and concerns?

That's not understandable.

EMB6903
07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Not facing a suspension, huh...

He's facing a trial in September for battery that might make him miss eight games this season...I believe that would probably constitute facing a suspension, no?

Lets wait and see what happens in September... but as of right now? no hes not facing any suspensions.

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 07:46 PM

sorry I can't understand why all the love for this clown.. I do not hate the guy merely looking at him as damaged goods just like every other GM and HC would do..

If we can get a #1 for him let him go if not he is ours till the end of 2011 as a RFA after this year.. at about 3.5 mil a year.. unless someone is willing to tender us a #1 for him..

he is indeed facing further suspensions after the trial regardless of the outcome. if he is found guilty he will most likely get the max 8+ games, if not depending on how much the clown reneged on his promise last year not to get into trouble again with/during his meeting with Goodell he will most likely get more time off.

Time to take off the man crush and see it for what he is a ticking time bomb just waiting for one of his ex's to set him off again..

MOtorboat
07-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Lets wait and see what happens in September... but as of right now? no hes not facing any suspensions.

The trial puts him in no position to seek a new contract, as the result of the trial could result in him not playing for his team for eight games.

On top of that, he's coming off surgery for the second time in two years. Do you understand how these are not beneficial things, especially in combination, when seeking a new contract?

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 07:55 PM
The trial puts him in no position to seek a new contract, as the result of the trial could result in him not playing for his team for eight games.

On top of that, he's coming off surgery for the second time in two years. Do you understand how these are not beneficial things, especially in combination, when seeking a new contract?

those that do not wish to see will not..

call me a pessimist but with all the issues this kid is I'm not sure we could get a ham and cheese sandwich for him right now, sight unseen and not contingent on passing a physical..

MOtorboat
07-15-2009, 07:56 PM
those that do not wish to see will not.. call me a pessimist but with all the issues this kid is I'm not sure we could get a hams sandwich for him right not sight unseen and not contingent on passing a physical..

If ham sandwich = 4th round pick...then you are right, because those are the reports.

Its called "fanboy ostrich syndrome," btw.

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
If ham sandwich = 4th round pick...then you are right, because those are the reports.

Its called "fanboy ostrich syndrome," btw.

FOS for abbreivated version..:salute:

Will have to remember that one, may even ask Thinka to put it in the glossary on football terms.. in football 101..:D

rcsodak
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I bet we would take less than a first for him. If they come up with a package, don't think this admin wont jump on it. If Brandon doesn't sign this year, don't think the team is willing to franchise tag him if they aren't willing to pay him now.

I don't think we should trade Brandon at all and should pay him some money...but I dont' have confidence in those that are running things not to trade our players away.

1. You say you "bet" they'd take less than a 1st.....and then you talk "package". Which is it?

2. Brandon is already under contract, so why would he have to "sign this year"?

3. Where's your logic in your franchise tag statement? If they're waiting to see how he plays:
a. in the new scheme
b. with a new qb
c. after having had surgery,

then why would that keep them from redoing his contract/tagging him next year if he performs at his usual level?

Not sure I understand this. :confused:

rcsodak
07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes that is how you neigoate and we have a position of power.. However it is not remotely as strong as you feel it is..

We all know how "reported things " are blown out of proportion in the cutler fiasco.. and in the beginning of this current bovine excrement..

so state it as it was reported or such so someone does not quote you down the road and believe it was Gospel..

I do remember seeing a report saying that in a meeting with Pat (and maybe others) and he was told to keep his nose clean and perform and then they would talk contract.. nothing more than that..

And people forget that before his run-in with his fiance', he and the FO were starting to talk new contract. After the FO received "the 3am phone call", all talks ceased.

rcsodak
07-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Broncos sticking it to Brandon?
Posted by Mike Florio on July 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall isn't happy with his team. One of the things sticking in his craw (we're still not quite sure where the "craw" resides in the human anatomy) is the medical staff's alleged bungling of his hip injury.

Twice last season Marshall was told he was fine. Upon securing a second opinion, Marshall eventually had surgery in March.

And because of the procedure and ensuing rehab, which caused him to miss the entire 2009 offseason, the Broncos have asked him to report for training camp three days early, on July 27 instead of July 30, according to the Denver Post.

Though the 72-hour window will pass in an instant in the grand scheme of things, Marshall easily could perceive the move as adding indignity to insult to injury.

Marshall skipped a mandatory minicamp several weeks ago, but the financial consequences of a training-camp holdout would be much stiffer. And the Broncos have raised the stakes by moving the target for his arrival from July 30 to July 27.

is this an innocent move, or is this showdown time?

Good grief! :coffee:

1. IT'S 3 FREAKING DAYS!!!!!!!!

2. Since he's WAY behind even the undrafted players, he NEEDS to get in and hit the ground running.

If he's out running around with Fitz, then he sure as hell can get to Dove Valley along with his teammates, 3 DAYS EARLY!!!!!!

rcsodak
07-15-2009, 08:25 PM
What he said was, 'from what I understand..........'

That leaves a man a lot of wiggle room.

Where's he say that? I hate looking backwards.......

rcsodak
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM

How many SB's has BM won?
How many MVP's has BM won?
How many playoffs has BM won?
How many times has BM led the league in anything?

How about comparing apples to apples, instead of figs to papayas.

He IS damaged goods. And it's his hand! THE most important aspect of his position.

And 1 dumb-ass move away from missing 1/2 a season!

Not damaged goods? He's sniffing it!

Lonestar
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
And people forget that before his run-in with his fiance', he and the FO were starting to talk new contract. After the FO received "the 3am phone call", all talks ceased.

3 am call ? I do not recall this could you?

dogfish
07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Good grief! :coffee:

1. IT'S 3 FREAKING DAYS!!!!!!!!

2. Since he's WAY behind even the undrafted players, he NEEDS to get in and hit the ground running.

If he's out running around with Fitz, then he sure as hell can get to Dove Valley along with his teammates, 3 DAYS EARLY!!!!!!

don't good grief ME, coffee guy!

all i did was post an article. . . . :coffee:

:laugh:

rcsodak
07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
3 am call ? I do not recall this could you?

Sorry, Jr......

...it was a play on the Prez elections...... :D

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry, Jr......

...it was a play on the Prez elections...... :D

glad you were on my 6.. :D

EMB6903
07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
How many SB's has BM won?
How many MVP's has BM won?
How many playoffs has BM won?
How many times has BM led the league in anything?

How many MVP's did Jerry Rice win again?

as a 2 year starter I'd say these are amazing accomplishments on the field...

Records and milestones
Most receptions spanning five games in NFL history (55).
Only player in NFL history to have at least 10 receptions in four out of five games.
Second-most catches in an NFL game (18).
Caught 102 passes in 2007 (second-career NFL season), becoming only the third second-year player in NFL history to have at least 100 receptions in a season.
Ninth player in NFL history (second Broncos player) to have at least 100 catches in back-to-back seasons (2007 and 2008).[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Accomplishments

dogfish
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Brandon Marshall says he'll be at training camp
Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2009 9:18 AM

In an interview with ESPN, apparently from the red carpet at the ESPY awards, an ascot-wearing Brandon Marshall said that he'll show up for training camp later this month.

"Right now I'm obligated, I'm under contract. . . . It's $14,000 a day if i miss," Marshall said. "I'm not stupid. So I will be there."

(Whether Marshall is or isn't stupid is a topic about which reasonable minds could differ. Clearly, he has done more than a few stupid things over the years.)

Actually, it's more like $17,000 per day for a training-camp holdout, if Marshall chooses to stay away. And he'd also owe the remaining 75 percent of his 2009 signing-bonus allocation of $100,000 or so; he forfeited the first 25 percent by skipping a mandatory minicamp in June, if the team decides to push the matter.

But whether Marshall and the team are truly on the same page remains to be seen. Marshall hinted during his ESPY sound bite at an agreement he reached with owner Pat Bowlen during a recent meeting, which presumably is a reference to the supposed promise by Bowlen that he will trade Marshall, if Marshall wants out.

So even though Marshall is going to show up, there could be some fireworks after he gets there.

well, at least people can stop moaning about whether he's going to be there. . . .

underrated29
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Brandon Marshall says he'll be at training camp
But whether Marshall and the team are truly on the same page remains to be seen. Marshall hinted during his ESPY sound bite at an agreement he reached with owner Pat Bowlen during a recent meeting, which presumably is a reference to the supposed promise by Bowlen that he will trade Marshall, if Marshall wants out.

. . .

Do you think its that, he will trade marshall if marshall wants out.
OR

do you think it more likely that its what i have sworn i have seen someone report. That bowlen told him if he stayed and played well this year he would get a big fat contract.

Hard to say as both are likely. But i dont think brandon truely wants out. I think he likes the team, likes being a #1 in a supposed super high flying offense. I just think he wants to get paid and is pissed about the hip thing.

Hopefully- all is well once again in bronco land.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2009, 12:25 PM
OR

do you think it more likely that its what i have sworn i have seen someone report. That bowlen told him if he stayed and played well this year he would get a big fat contract.

Hard to say as both are likely. But i dont think brandon truely wants out. I think he likes the team, likes being a #1 in a supposed super high flying offense. I just think he wants to get paid and is pissed about the hip thing.

Will post this here also:

This is what Gary Miller said when Brandon posted on his website - what Brandon FAILED to mention - what Bowlen told him:

http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=58461@kcnc.dayport.com

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 01:56 PM

OR

YOU see I was never debating he would get a contact, just a fat one, all Bowlen was perported to say, IIRC, was IF he keeps his nose clean comes to camp and proves himself they would talk contract..

Not fat contract..

Which is what you assumed he meant..

underrated29
07-16-2009, 02:12 PM
YOU see I was never debating he would get a contact, just a fat one, all Bowlen was perported to say, IIRC, was IF he keeps his nose clean comes to camp and proves himself they would talk contract..

Not fat contract..

Which is what you assumed he meant..

Ok-

Well Jr

tell me then what type of contract you would offer a WR who has:

2- 100 catch seasons already back to back (probably another one this year)
2- 1,000 plus yards seasons back to back (probably another one this year too)
15tds, game changing tackle breaking ability. Who has not yet even started to reach his full potential. Who also happenes to be playing for a coach who runs a system that is the most potent the NFL has ever seen. Oh yeah, then there was also the prowbowl. And I would bet balls to bullets that brandon makes the probowl again this year too.

Exactly what type of dollar figure would you offer Brandon Marshall in his new contract?

ITs called a Fat one.

No one said top 10 wr money, or top 5. And no one said it wouldnt be either. But when there are 58 or whatever players in the NFL that are WR that are making more than him. You can expect a fat contract is on its way.

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok-

Well Jr

tell me then what type of contract you would offer a WR who has:

2- 100 catch seasons already back to back (probably another one this year)
2- 1,000 plus yards seasons back to back (probably another one this year too)
15tds, game changing tackle breaking ability. Who has not yet even started to reach his full potential. Who also happenes to be playing for a coach who runs a system that is the most potent the NFL has ever seen. Oh yeah, then there was also the prowbowl. And I would bet balls to bullets that brandon makes the probowl again this year too.

Exactly what type of dollar figure would you offer Brandon Marshall in his new contract?

ITs called a Fat one.

No one said top 10 wr money, or top 5. And no one said it wouldnt be either. But when there are 58 or whatever players in the NFL that are WR that are making more than him. You can expect a fat contract is on its way.

well it is obvious that you have a man crush here..

But lets see if he has that kind of season this coming year with out jay making him the number on target in the NFL for a couple of years..

I think he will be offered a contract commensurate with what they think his value is in 2012 when he is indeed an UFA until then he will get what cost of living increases his current contract calls for as a RFA.. IIRC something like 3.5 a year..

Just because there are 58 other WR making more money just not give him the right to breach his contract.. a Honorable man would not do that..

underrated29
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
well it is obvious that you have a man crush here..

But lets see if he has that kind of season this coming year with out jay making him the number on target in the NFL for a couple of years..

I think he will be offered a contract commensurate with what they think his value is in 2012 when he is indeed an UFA until then he will get what cost of living increases his current contract calls for as a RFA.. IIRC something like 3.5 a year..

Just because there are 58 other WR making more money just not give him the right to breach his contract.. a Honorable man would not do that..

Not a man crush. Thats what knowshon is for.

Its not about well lets see what he does this year. Pat already told him he would get a contract next year. He told him this. So yes this upcomming year will play a part in it, but more or less it will be the icing on the cake. Or as i put it a fat contract.

And thats what we were discussing, the fat contract. I am not going to argue that he is honorable, stupid or above the rules because he is a great football player. Because that answer is obvious he hasnt reached that stage in his life yet to do so.

but i am going to say that brandon deserves a big contract and thats what pat told him he would provide him with next year. A big fat contract. (everyone in the world even paris hilton knows there are going to be poisen pill clauses in the contract.) But that still does not take away from the fact that he is going to get a fat contract.

claymore
07-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Not a man crush. Thats what knowshon is for.

Its not about well lets see what he does this year. Pat already told him he would get a contract next year. He told him this. So yes this upcomming year will play a part in it, but more or less it will be the icing on the cake. Or as i put it a fat contract.

And thats what we were discussing, the fat contract. I am not going to argue that he is honorable, stupid or above the rules because he is a great football player. Because that answer is obvious he hasnt reached that stage in his life yet to do so.

but i am going to say that brandon deserves a big contract and thats what pat told him he would provide him with next year. A big fat contract. (everyone in the world even paris hilton knows there are going to be poisen pill clauses in the contract.) But that still does not take away from the fact that he is going to get a fat contract.
Pat's word doesnt go very far after the Cutler deal. He cant remember what he says.

Dean
07-16-2009, 02:50 PM

An NFL player does not have a guaranteed contract.

What would an honorable man do is clouded by the fact that the employer can break the contract at any time but the employee (the honorable man) can not without being fined in addition to not being paid and punished by the league if he won't submit.

Don't get me wrong. I think that he should and will come back. I object to the villification of a player holding out because he is grossly underpaid.

Again, let me restate that theirs is not a normal contract situation.

Ravage!!!
07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Its ok for the owners/GM to simply break contracts and release you, fire you, trade you away.... yet you can't ask for money that puts you in the same pay scale as the other people at your position, where you have proved to compete with in production? BS!

This "honorable man" junk is just that.. junk. What person here would accept 50%, 60%, 70%(?) less money than someone at your own company, at the same position as you, when you are doing just as much work (if not more) simply because its the 'honorable' thing to do??? Not when you have the option/availability to re-negotiate your contract. If anyone here, says they would go on for the next 3 years with 60% less pay, they are either a liar or a complete, friggin, idiot. Probably both.

Every man in this country does what is BEST for them and their families. I don't care if you are talking Tens, Hundreds, Thousands, or Millions of dollars. Making more millions is making more for you and your family, and that is best... period.

NFL Contracts are not like most contracts. They don't get tenure, and they can simply be fired at the drop of a hat without having to show 'due cause' (as the doofus in Oakland likes to state).

MOtorboat
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Its ok for the owners/GM to simply break contracts and release you, fire you, trade you away.... yet you can't ask for money that puts you in the same pay scale as the other people at your position, where you have proved to compete with in production? BS!

You can ask all you want.

A smart owner isn't going to pay Brandon right now.

Lonestar
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
An NFL player does not have a guaranteed contract.

What would an honorable man do is clouded by the fact that the employer can break the contract at any time but the employee (the honorable man) can not without being fined in addition to not being paid and punished by the league if he won't submit.

Don't get me wrong. I think that he should and will come back. I object to the villification of a player holding out because he is grossly underpaid.

Again, let me restate that theirs is not a normal contract situation.

when he signed the contract he was over joyed with it and quite happy to have a job in the NFL.. he out performed it to say the least but he should still live up to what he signed on for.. at the time they gave a total unknown a chance and rolled the dice and it came up good but it could have turned up snake eyes just as well.. He spent his bonus which was part of the contract, and he was being paid for his extra performance for his good year last year.. Guess I'm old school I want folks that sign a contract even though it may be "one sided" to honor it....

color me stupid for having expectations between adults..

underrated29
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
You can ask all you want.

A smart owner isn't going to pay Brandon right now.

Like Clay said, now lets see if pat remembers what he said this year, when we roll around this time next year.

MOtorboat
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Like Clay said, now lets see if pat remembers what he said this year, when we roll around this time next year.

I would imagine Marshall's camp will instigate in-season negotiations if he is exonerated of the charges.

P.S. Bowlen's words were, "well, I guess he's the man around here now." Not, "Well, Jay Cutler is going to be a Broncos his entire career." FWIW.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.gazette.com/sports/marshall-58578-broncos-team.html

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall stayed away from offseason practices, held out of a mandatory minicamp and requested a trade. The team didn’t budge, and Marshall said he will come to training camp on time to avoid daily fines.

ESPN caught up to Marshall at their annual awards show, and Marshall said he would report to training camp in a couple of weeks.

“Right now I’m obligated, I’m under contract,” Marshall told ESPN. “I sat down and talked to Mr. B ( owner Pat Bowlen) a couple weeks ago and came to an agreement.

“It’s 14,000 a day if I miss. I’m not stupid. I will be there.”

Marshall’s contract and his displeasure with the team over what he claims was a misdiagnosed hip injury were reasons he held out of the minicamp in June.

rcsodak
07-16-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.gazette.com/sports/marshall-58578-broncos-team.html

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall stayed away from offseason practices, held out of a mandatory minicamp and requested a trade. The team didn’t budge, and Marshall said he will come to training camp on time to avoid daily fines.

ESPN caught up to Marshall at their annual awards show, and Marshall said he would report to training camp in a couple of weeks.

“Right now I’m obligated, I’m under contract,” Marshall told ESPN. “I sat down and talked to Mr. B ( owner Pat Bowlen) a couple weeks ago and came to an agreement.

“It’s 14,000 a day if I miss. I’m not stupid. I will be there.”

Marshall’s contract and his displeasure with the team over what he claims was a misdiagnosed hip injury were reasons he held out of the minicamp in June.

I don't think you made that statement big enough, Carol. ;)

I believe any thinking man/woman can figure out the jest of that "agreement".

Next non-story..........:coffee: