PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards on a roll/browns win 27-20

Escobar
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Edwards on a roll
Steve King, Staff Writer

ST. LOUIS -- The combination of quarterback Derek Anderson and wide receiver Braylon Edwards is getting lethal.

When Anderson threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Edwards with 8:22 left in the second quarter on Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome, cutting the St. Rams' lead to 14-10, it was the third straight Browns TD scored in that fashion by the pair.

The two then hooked up in the third quarter on a 5-yard strike togive the Browns a 24-17 lead.

Edwards' now has nine TD catches on the season. He is now tied for second on the league's TD catch list. Only New England's Randy Moss has more.

Anderson now has16 TD passes on the year.

Anderson went into the game third in the NFL in TD passes behind the New England Patriots' Tom Brady and the Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo.

Two weeks before, in a 41-31 victory over the Miami Dolphins, the Browns' final two TDs -- both in the fourth quarter -- came on five- and 16-yard passes from Anderson to Edwards.

Escobar
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
We finally win back to back! whoohoo ! :beer:

omac
10-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Congrats! Derek Anderson's playing great. Your offensive coordinator is also doing a great job.

Makes yuo wonder why the insistance on starting Frye over Anderson, and makes you think, what if they'd played him last season?

Tned
10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Braylon helped me win one of my fantasy matchups, and has given me a slim chance in my other. I have him in both leagues, and he scored 23 points in one and 18.85 in the other.

Now I just have to wait and see if Cutler/Stokley can outscore Driver/Henry/ Elam/GB Defense by 12 points, since I am down by 11 and have two players to the other guys four. That's going to be tough to pull off.

Congrats on the back-to-back. I was watching that game when they announced it was the first time in years I believe.

Stargazer
10-29-2007, 02:08 AM
It does make you wonder what Cleveland will do with Derek Anderson. Quinn was a 1st round pick. But remember, Quinn isn't making HUGE bucks to ride the pine. It will be an interesting offseason in regards to QB and which way Cleveland will go.

Cleveland Rocks
10-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I still do not like Edwards' mentality. He has shown some maturity this year in his actions and refraining from puting his foot in his mouth like in the past. Same with Winslow. Edwards hasn't matured enough mentally for me to "like" him. He still is making poor statment I do not like and find in extremely poor taste.

Escobar
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I still do not like Edwards' mentality. He has shown some maturity this year in his actions and refraining from puting his foot in his mouth like in the past. Same with Winslow. Edwards hasn't matured enough mentally for me to "like" him. He still is making poor statment I do not like and find in extremely poor taste.

I agree, i don't know what he was thinking last year taking shots at the team. But he is doing better this year keeping his yap shut..and were winning games!

underrated29
10-29-2007, 11:21 PM
you guys are so funny!

half this board is on fire right now about the loss, and everything else, and you guys are on a broncos board just chattin about the browns and edwards...i love it.

Not being a d1ck mind you, i am glad you are here and think this is exactly what you shoud be doing. Its just comical to me as the whole board is in a freaknig frenzy and you guys are right in the middle of it chillin.

so in honor of that, i present you with an :elefant:

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I have to say that I am impressed with Cleveland

Anderson looks great and this team has bounced back nicely after game 1

congrats to you dawg (I still can say Escobar I think of Kelvin Escobar :laugh: ) and Charlie

your team is on the upswing and hope for the best for you guys :salute:

Cleveland Rocks
10-29-2007, 11:24 PM
you guys are so funny!

half this board is on fire right now about the loss, and everything else, and you guys are on a broncos board just chattin about the browns and edwards...i love it.

Not being a d1ck mind you, i am glad you are here and think this is exactly what you shoud be doing. Its just comical to me as the whole board is in a freaknig frenzy and you guys are right in the middle of it chillin.

No problem, whatsoever.

I did watch the Bronco game tonight (off topic statement following) and thought it was rather exciting (off topic statement ending).

I would post on the Browns board if I wanted (I do on occasion, though not as much as here) for the very reason you stated. Too much of a frenzy. I go there and write things on occasion. But it's the same old stuff.

Escobar
10-29-2007, 11:28 PM
I have to say that I am impressed with Cleveland

Anderson looks great and this team has bounced back nicely after game 1

congrats to you dawg (I still can say Escobar I think of Kelvin Escobar :laugh: ) and Charlie

your team is on the upswing and hope for the best for you guys :salute:

Thanks man.

hey, your hurricanes are doing good at 7-2 so far.

Medford Bronco
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks man.

hey, your hurricanes are doing good at 7-2 so far.

yeah, at least one team I like is doing okay (and I am happy for my dad for the Red Sox)

:salute:

actually you should be impressed with Cleveland as they are the only team NE has not absoltutley destroyed and only got 27 of their 34 pts with their offense.

Look at Wash :tomato:

their defense just gave up another TD to get to 59 :eek: