PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Fields Blog

BroncoWave
07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Some pretty interesting stuff in here.

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Summer-Camp/BLOG/431208/107659.html?widgetId=189755

July 10, 2009

Hello Broncos fans!

It has been a busy offseason for me, and it has been real good. I have been spending time in Houston and Louisiana with my family. I have also been participating in some summer football camps for kids.

I really enjoy doing that for the kids and keeping them active during the summer. It’s a real good thing to have a lot of positive things going on during the summer for the kids and keep them busy and active. I really enjoy being a part of that.

My football camp went well. It was held in my hometown in Louisiana. Between 200 and 300 kids showed up. It was a lot of fun and everyone had a great time.

Some other NFL players stopped by my camp and helped me out. Tackle Tavares Washington of the Kansas City Chiefs, running backs Moran Norris and Frank Gore, cornerback Tarell Brown, and defensive end Ray McDonald of the San Francisco 49ers showed up and the kids were all thrilled. We all had a great time, the kids had fun, and that is the important thing.

I also did a football camp at Clearlake Christian School with my old high school coach, which had over 200 kids attend as well.

Being that this is my first year with the Broncos, I really don’t know much about the changes that have happened in Denver. I’m just trying to establish my own name with the team and the defense.

Concerning all the changes, I was new to the situation and I walked in to that. As far as the Jay Cutler trade, I just wish he could have worked it out because I know he is good, but we have to make what we got work and keep on pushing.

Kyle Orton looked real good in OTAs. He is a smart guy and reads the defenses well and he completed a lot of passes. Both Orton and Simms were doing their thing and they looked pretty good to me. Just like everyone else, they are learning new things, but overall the offense looks good and is doing real well.

As far as Brandon Marshall, I hope he gets everything worked out and stays with the team, but if not, others will just have to step up and play their role.

The OTAs went very good, the defense is looking strong and learning the new system. We are working together and getting better and better. I felt I played very well and was strong during the OTAs. It went great for me. We will only get better once the pads come on in training camp.

I have been learning the defensive playbook and since I have experience with 3-4 defenses, I have been helping some of the other players learn it and become more comfortable and familiar with it.

I like head coach Josh McDaniels. He is a stand up guy and is up front and to the point. He lets you know what’s on his mind, he’s honest and tells you things straight. He tells you like it is, and doesn’t hold back. I like that. He’s a winner.

Right now, I’m looking forward to getting to training camp. There is a lot of anticipation with pads on and I’m excited. Once we get the pads on, you know the season is close and I just want to get started putting the pieces to the puzzle together and getting ready for the season.

Right now, I’m just trying to stay out of the heat and not get burnt up. It’s hot down here.

WARHORSE
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
All things I like to hear.

Lets hope hes right about McD being a winner.:salute:

Shazam!
07-10-2009, 09:53 PM
He's the closest thing to a fixture as an experienced starting NT that Denver has so he is important.

I like the optimism, but I don't expect him to say the offense was pathetic and the QBs looked awful either.

"coach Josh McDaniels. He is a stand up guy and is up front and to the point. He lets you know what’s on his mind, he’s honest and tells you things straight. He tells you like it is, and doesn’t hold back."

Too bad Cutler didn't have this mentality.

horsepig
07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Go Broncos!

Now lets get down to the real business.

BroncoBJ
07-10-2009, 11:58 PM
He's the closest thing to a fixture as an experienced starting NT that Denver has so he is important.

I like the optimism, but I don't expect him to say the offense was pathetic and the QBs looked awful either.

"coach Josh McDaniels. He is a stand up guy and is up front and to the point. He lets you know what’s on his mind, he’s honest and tells you things straight. He tells you like it is, and doesn’t hold back."

Too bad Cutler didn't have this mentality.

Cutler does seem to have that mentality. He tells people like it is and speaks his mind a lot. :lol:

Sometimes too much.

slim
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Does he wear makeup and cry at the drop of a hat?

gobroncsnv
07-12-2009, 08:12 AM

I remember quite a few players say the same thing about Shanny... Tatum Bell in particular.

Hope Fields' play can match his optimism. We need SOOOOO badly to have a solid player up front in the middle of this D.