Charles Martin
Greg Carr
Rodriqus Smith
TE: Antonio Gates
Brandon Manumaleuna
Kris Wilson
Kory Sperry
Jerimiah Wurzbacher

Chambers may be listed as the team's No. 1 receiver, but last year the talented Jackson enjoyed his breakthrough season while picking up the slack from injured stars RB LaDainian Tomlinson and TE Antonio Gates — arguably the best in the NFL at their respective positions. Jackson's first career 1,000-yard season won't be his last. The same can't be said for Malcolm Floyd, who turns 28 in September and for whom it seems the team has been waiting forever to take the next step. Between Floyd and 2007 first-round pick Craig Davis, the Chargers could use a dependable No. 3 WR to step forward.

7. BRONCOS
WR: Brandon Marshall
Eddie Royal
Brandon Stokley
Jabar Gaffney
Brandon Lloyd
Kenny McKinley
Chad Jackson
Matt Willis
C.J. Jones
Nate Swift
Lucas Taylor
David Grimes
TE: Daniel Graham
Tony Scheffler
Richard Quinn
Jeb Putzier
Marquez Branson

Will Brandon Marshall be a Bronco? Will he be suspended? Will he be in jail? The world only knows, not us. But going off today's depth chart, Denver is definitely not rocky at receiver. Marshall and Royal could match up with about any starting WR tandem in football, and Josh McDaniels has three solid veterans filling the backup spots. The Broncos also have a stable (sorry, easy horse-related metaphor could not be avoided) of terrific tight ends to choose from. The group of targets is probably the top asset on the team full of question marks, if Marshall is not traded.

23. CHIEFS
WR: Dwayne Bowe
Mark Bradley
Bobby Engram
Devard Darling
Jeff Webb
Quinten Lawrence
Terrance Copper
Taurus Johnson
Rodney Wright
TE: Brad Cottam
Sean Ryan
Jake O'Connell
Tony Curtis
Jed Collins

The great Gonzo is gone, but the cupboard's not completely bare in Kansas City. Dwayne Bowe is a legit No. 1 WR, but what can he work off? GM Scott Pioli added savvy veteran Bobby Engram from Seattle as a great third-down option in clutch situations. Mark Bradley has done nothing yet to make anyone think he's ready to become a big-time option, and he's entering his fifth season. Good luck to Brad Cottom for having to deal with questions on how he matches up with Tony Gonzalez (Answer: Not real well, sorry). Overall, Pioli is continuing the rebuilding project that Herman Edwards and Carl Peterson began in K.C.

27. BEARS
WR: Devin Hester
Earl Bennett
Johnny Knox
Juaquin Iglesias
Rashied Davis
Brandon Rideau
Derek Kinder
Eric Peterman
TE: Greg Olsen
Desmond Clark
Michael Gaines
Kellen Davis

The Bears expect much better production from their WR/TE group this season, for no other reason than adding QB Jay Cutler. And they're right, to a point. But they still are banking on a lot of unknowns and youth. The team continues trying to convince everyone that kick return star Devin Hester is ready to be the No. 1 receiver in town and upgrade from his career-high 51 catches last season. But Chicago's current Nos. 2-4 guys combined for as many catches and your un-esteemed author — nada, zilch, zippo. Still, some of the young kids have promise — but promise alone is not enough, and why even Jay Cutler has admitted he's up for the Bears trading for his former teammate Brandon Marshall. The real star could be tight end Greg Olsen, who could upgrade from the 50-catch range to the 70 or 80 neighborhood with Cutler aboard.

Hey tumba are you seeing this

32. RAIDERS
WR: Javon Walker
Chaz Schilens
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Louis Murphy
Todd Watkins
Arman Shields
Will Franklin
Jonathan Holland
Shawn Bayes
Nick Miller
TE: Zach Miller
Tony Stewart
Brandon Myers
Darrell Strong
Chris O'Neill

Hmm, the team's No. 1 receiver is merely a shadow due to knee injuries with kept him to 15 catches last year. The No. 2 guy is someone named Chaz Schilens, who also had 15 catches in '08. The No. 3 WR is a top-10 pick who was the biggest reach in the draft who should have gone in the second or third, and who couldn't stay healthy on the field during May minicamps, in shorts with no contact. No wonder Al Davis is desperate for a wideout, but this group would a little better if he'd have taken Michael Crabtree or Jeremy Maclin in April instead of gambling on combine wonder Darrius Heyward-Bey. The Raiders have a dependable tight end in Miller (56 catches, 778 yards last year), but that's it. A far cry from the days of Branch and Biletnikoff.

NorthernLights
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
If they are putting the "possible suspension" tag on Marshall, then they need to add it to Vincent Jackson too. He could get nailed for his second DUI which isn't being talked about too much. I think that is a big impact looming for the Bolts.

In my own analysis of the WR/TE's, I had the Raiders at 33 with USC being better.

Lonestar
07-10-2009, 03:28 PM
If they are putting the "possible suspension" tag on Marshall, then they need to add it to Vincent Jackson too. He could get nailed for his second DUI which isn't being talked about too much. I think that is a big impact looming for the Bolts.

In my own analysis of the WR/TE's, I had the Raiders at 33 with USC being better.

good objective post as usual wish more of our fans would be that way..

your gonna break OR's heart he thinks they will win the SB..

underrated29
07-10-2009, 04:09 PM
chaz schillenz for the raiders will be a badass. He is way overlooked. He is like a clone to brandon marshall. Remember his name folks.

Also remember Pierre Garcon for Indy- he came out the same year as chaz. And he is also a clone of brandon marshall. Remember his name.

When the author says some guy named____________. I understand he doesnt have time to look at all the late round prospects, and that chaz plays for the raiders.

But i am telling you. Remember those two guys names.

tumbana
07-10-2009, 07:56 PM
And what does the Bears' WRs being inexperienced have to do at all with how they will play on the field? And Devin Hester is a #1 receiver. I will put money he has more yards receiving than any Broncos WR in 09. Sorry, I just really like who is throwing the ball along with the outstanding TEs and RB coming out of the backfield. You can get pissy about it all you want, but that's how it's going to be. No matter what anyone outside of the Bears think.

tumbana
07-10-2009, 08:10 PM
By the way, what were the BRoncos' QBs and RBs "ranked" by these guys?

ursamajor
07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
JrWiz, do you have a link? I want to see what the rest of rankings are

Benetto
07-10-2009, 08:27 PM
And what does the Bears' WRs being inexperienced have to do at all with how they will play on the field? And Devin Hester is a #1 receiver. I will put money he has more yards receiving than any Broncos WR in 09. Sorry, I just really like who is throwing the ball along with the outstanding TEs and RB coming out of the backfield. You can get pissy about it all you want, but that's how it's going to be. No matter what anyone outside of the Bears think.

You are just a blind Homer....One guy doesn't make a team. Especially when that one guy doesn't have ONE good WR to throw it to. He is going to focus on getting his new boyfriend (Olsen) the ball, and get picked off many times because of this...Remember, Cutler's worst attribute is staring down his receiver before he throws it to em...Luckily for him, his arm strength gets the ball there his first few attempts...but when the defenders adjust their timing on his throws, it's over.

Also, he doesn't have the offensive "mastermind", Shanahan, nor does he have Jeremy Bates anymore...>NOR does he have the protection to allow only 11 sacks in 16 games. He has a Offensive Coord who he has hated up until he became a Bear, and probably still has a nasty vibe towards him...And Lovie smith, who doesn't know his ass from running a coordinated Offense...

BTW...Cutlers #1 receiver is a converted KR...5'11'', in 2008 with 665 yards, 3 TDs, and 5 fumbles....Cutler is going to love his #1 receiver :rolleyes:..

Good luck with that.....:coffee:

MasterShake
07-10-2009, 08:32 PM
By the way, what were the BRoncos' QBs and RBs "ranked" by these guys?

If its the same ones, I think the Broncos were like 32 for QB's and around the same for RB's. I could be wrong though.

Timmy!
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
And Devin Hester is a #1 receiver. I will put money he has more yards receiving than any Broncos WR in 09.You can get pissy about it all you want, but that's how it's going to be.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ursamajor
07-10-2009, 09:04 PM
He is going to focus on getting his new boyfriend (Olsen) the ball
That's a bit uncalled for.

And Lovie smith, who doesn't know his ass from running a coordinated Offense...As was that.

BTW...Cutlers #1 receiver is a converted KR...5'11'', in 2008 with 665 yards, 3 TDs, and 5 fumbles....Cutler is going to love his #1 receiver :rolleyes:..
You have to be fair (those were Hester's stats while he only had 8 or 9 starts) and accurate (Hester had 1 fumble not 5).

I'm not upset by the Ranking of the Bears on that list. The WR's are by far and away a ?.

I'm optimistic. Remember all but 1 of your receivers were drafted and developed in house. It is the best way afterall. The Bears are just going the same route

Benetto
07-10-2009, 09:25 PM
That's a bit uncalled for.
As was that.

You have to be fair (those were Hester's stats while he only had 8 or 9 starts) and accurate (Hester had 1 fumble not 5).

I'm not upset by the Ranking of the Bears on that list. The WR's are by far and away a ?.

I'm optimistic. Remember all but 1 of your receivers were drafted and developed in house. It is the best way afterall. The Bears are just going the same route

Hester had 5 fumbles, lost 2....Get YOUR stats right.

http://www.nfl.com/players/devinhester/profile?id=HES267217

underrated29
07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
You are just a blind Homer....One guy doesn't make a team. Especially when that one guy doesn't have ONE good WR to throw it to. He is going to focus on getting his new boyfriend (Olsen) the ball, and get picked off many times because of this...Remember, Cutler's worst attribute is staring down his receiver before he throws it to em...Luckily for him, his arm strength gets the ball there his first few attempts...but when the defenders adjust their timing on his throws, it's over.

Also, he doesn't have the offensive "mastermind", Shanahan, nor does he have Jeremy Bates anymore...>NOR does he have the protection to allow only 11 sacks in 16 games. He has a Offensive Coord who he has hated up until he became a Bear, and probably still has a nasty vibe towards him...And Lovie smith, who doesn't know his ass from running a coordinated Offense...

Good luck with that.....:coffee:

Jay will be fine. He threw as many Ints as tony Romeo and a few more than the average. So no he wont be tossing picks left and right.

he totally stares down his targets, but remember he is in his 3rd year as a starter. Thats it, Qbs need atleast 3 years to get somewhat acclimated to the NFL and staring down wr, etc etc.

Hester out performing any Bronco WR is a plain joke though. Stupid and completely wrong.

I personally believe bates held him back. I made it very clear last year that i did not like bates nor his playcalling. I think this will help jay, not hurt him. However, shanny and lovie- no comparison- shanny all the way.

And the bears line is a solid wall- just watch and see my friend. 12 sacks good? Not sure about that, but under 20 absolutely!

I expect jay to make even more strides this year. Maybe not the same numbers, but overall he will have improved.....

However, the only position that recieves a ball, that will outproduce the broncos is TE. Otherwise the bears do not match up anywhere with us and a passing game....(cept QB)

Benetto
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Jay will be fine. He threw as many Ints as tony Romeo and a few more than the average. So no he wont be tossing picks left and right.

he totally stares down his targets, but remember he is in his 3rd year as a starter. Thats it, Qbs need atleast 3 years to get somewhat acclimated to the NFL and staring down wr, etc etc.

Hester out performing any Bronco WR is a plain joke though. Stupid and completely wrong.

I personally believe bates held him back. I made it very clear last year that i did not like bates nor his playcalling. I think this will help jay, not hurt him. However, shanny and lovie- no comparison- shanny all the way.

And the bears line is a solid wall- just watch and see my friend. 12 sacks good? Not sure about that, but under 20 absolutely!

I expect jay to make even more strides this year. Maybe not the same numbers, but overall he will have improved.....

However, the only position that recieves a ball, that will outproduce the broncos is TE. Otherwise the bears do not match up anywhere with us and a passing game....(cept QB)

Everyone has their own opinions...Only father time will tell us whos right or wrong.:coffee:

What I do know for sure is, Hester had 5 fumbles last year, and lost 2...
Ursa, Hester had double the amount of fumbles in one game than you think he had in all of last year. (J-ville)

underrated29
07-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Everyone has their own opinions...Only father time will tell us whos right or wrong.:coffee:

What I do know for sure is, Hester had 5 fumbles last year, and lost 2...
Ursa, Hester had double the amount of fumbles in one game than you think he had in all of last year. (J-ville)

Wont argue with that. or that fact that hester right now is approx, a jabar gaffney. yay.

Lots of upside no doubt, but for me he is a wait and see guy. A prove it first. Usually those types- Dont prove it.

ursamajor
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Hester had 5 fumbles, lost 2....Get YOUR stats right.

http://www.nfl.com/players/devinhester/profile?id=HES267217Ok let me clarify. Hester had 1 fumble as a receiver. The other 4 came on returns.

Crappy return year for Devin fo sure.

topscribe
07-10-2009, 10:14 PM

Oh c'mon now . . . I was about to agree with you that Hester is a #1 receiver.
Last year was his very first as a starter, and he got better as the season wore
on.

But to say he's going to get more yards than Marshall or Royal is just plain silly.
You sound like an adolescent. (Maybe you are. I don't know.) You are taking
Marshall, who had two 100-catch seasons in a row, and Fast Eddie, who was
20 yards short of 1,000 last year, in his rookie year (his first as a starter, too),
and saying Hester is going to outdo them. Why don't you throw Moss, T.O.,
Jennings, and Fitzgerald into that group, too? Hester will blow them all away! :pound:

-----

Lonestar
07-10-2009, 11:42 PM
JrWiz, do you have a link? I want to see what the rest of rankings are

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9787230/Positional-Power-Rankings:-WR/TE-packages

sorry I almost always link them but I rememebr now that the link was 3 pages long and I fogot to go back and do it in the "other NFL teams area"

OaklandRaider
07-11-2009, 06:27 AM
People hate on Devin Hester too much.

The guy was what, a defensive back before last season? And he goes out and has a very good season for someone who hasn't played WR since probably high school. 600+ yards with Kyle Orton throwing him the ball is a very good season for him.

Now he will have Jay Cutler throwing him the ball. I don't think Hester will ever be a true number one receiver, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 1,000 yard season next year. Hester will get a lot more passes thrown his way next year.

tumbana
07-11-2009, 01:53 PM
People hate on Devin Hester too much.

The guy was what, a defensive back before last season? And he goes out and has a very good season for someone who hasn't played WR since probably high school. 600+ yards with Kyle Orton throwing him the ball is a very good season for him.

Now he will have Jay Cutler throwing him the ball. I don't think Hester will ever be a true number one receiver, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 1,000 yard season next year. Hester will get a lot more passes thrown his way next year.
Don't forget he started 8 games. His final 6 games he was on pace for over 1000 yards and that was with Orton throwing him the ball. If Orton had connected with him on just one or two of the 8 or so deep balls that he completely whiffed, Hester was on pace for 1300. I'll take it.

ursamajor
07-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Hester will be the Bears #1 Wide Receiver, but the Bears #1 receiver will be Greg Olsen. His combination of size and speed is rare for wideouts, and he is a TE. He naturally causes mismatches wherever he lines up. And being that he lines up all over, it is hard to double him, without leaving your defense clearly vulnerable. Cant wait TC

ursamajor
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9787230/Positional-Power-Rankings:-WR/TE-packages

sorry I almost always link them but I remember now that the link was 3 pages long and I forgot to go back and do it in the "other NFL teams area"

Reading that list, I cant see the Saints ranked ahead of the Packers, Broncos. Nor the Eagles ahead of the Cowboys, Colts, and Panthers.

I would expect to see the Bears near the bottom. None of the WRs are proven. No argument from me there. But that list is off-puting some teams a lot higher then they deserve to be.

Benetto
05-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Bump

Sometimes it bothers me soo much when I'm flat-out wrong...but not in this thread, and how I predicted Cutler would do..I wish Tumbana still came around to see this bump...He plays the part of Homer pretty well in this thread.

And yes Underated...Cutler did throw INTs left and right...And he imploded without Shanny, Bates or a Legit WR...

Also...Where is Ron Turner now? How did Hester/Olsen do? Pfft...:coffee:

Lonestar
05-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Fwiw tumba and two of his offspring getwise and deydey have been BANNED.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.