PDA

View Full Version : Cassell in Denver........

WARHORSE
07-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Been thinking about this. How much does Matt Cassell like Josh McDaniels?

What if Cassell doesnt have the greatest season next year?

How can he when he plays for the Chefs?

Hes going to get 14 milliones this year, and has yet to sign a long term deal.

Of course, why would he unless they broke the bank for him?

They of course, will NOT break the bank for him, cause hes a one year wonder, and if his play is not up to par, they dont want him freshly attached to a new 6 year deal or sumthin like that.

They will wait, unless he agrees to a mid level contract. But WHY WOULD HE? If he gets franchised next year, they will have to pay him 17 milliones dolares.

For one year.

So, if Cassell has a mediocre season next year, which is a probable since hes learning a new system and has only one year of starting.........that means they arent likely to agree to pay the big dollar amounts to him.

That means, they'll have to cut him loose, or pay him 17 mil after a mediocre season.

Those are big decisions for big people.

If Cassell gets his papers.........................he'll be on the next flight to Denver where he and Josh can have slumber parties in their Snuggies together...........reunited ......and it feels so good.........:coffee:

Would you mind Cassell?

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
leave it to War to come up with this scenario.. But it could happen..

Cassell has a decent but not great year in KC and he wants more than what they are willing to give.. he would be a RFA unless the get a new CBA (unlikely) what kind of tender do they put on him.. we might look at doing it..

If Orton for some reason does not live up to expectations who know..

Although in unless the rookie really blows it I believe him to be heir apparent down the road ad couple of years learning how to play in the pros and we may have the next Cassell..

After all Josh wanted Cassell because he knew the system being installed.. and he knew his strengths and weaknesses..

NameUsedBefore
07-09-2009, 01:23 PM
If we're getting Cassell it means he was sucking.

Now, you know what I like to think about when it comes to Cassell?

If the trade had actually gone and how vastly perceptions of Cutler/McDaniels would have changed.

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 01:25 PM
If we're getting Cassell it means he was sucking.

Now, you know what I like to think about when it comes to Cassell?

If the trade had actually gone and how vastly perceptions of Cutler/McDaniels would have changed.

not necessarily just that he did not fit their scheme as well as he would ours..

there is an ass for every saddle and who knows if he is the one..

lets hope Orton has a great year.. and no one will care..

WARHORSE
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I think Orton will have a good year. But I dont think he'll be throwin for 400 plus a clip.

Cassell is valuable to McDaniels, and knows his system inside and out.

Orton will be learning on the run.

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I think Orton will have a good year. But I dont think he'll be throwin for 400 plus a clip.

Unless Orton really sucks and Cassell stinks it up in KC..

I do not think it a viable option.

interesting thought though perhaps is is time to not inhale..

Shazam!
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Cassel failing in KC does not mean he'd fail in Denver with McDaniels.

Way to rile up the corral War!

TXBRONC
07-09-2009, 03:48 PM
The Chiefs are going to be running a spread offense that's very similar to what they run in New England. So if he fails it just might be that he's not as good as some people around here think he is. Right now I'm of the opinion that Cassel was the product of a great offense system with a terrific supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

Besides that I was under the impression that McDaniels drafted Brandstater as possible starting quarterback for the future.

CoachChaz
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
If Orton and Cassell BOTH suck this year, then I start paying a lot of attention to Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford.

Overtime
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
good read on why he hasn't been signed though, and honestly I think the Chiefs are taking the right approach, due to the fact, he's still pretty unproven.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1218162.html

Overtime
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM
If Orton and Cassell BOTH suck this year, then I start paying a lot of attention to Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford.

I'd have to lean more towards McCoy (and I'm an OU fan saying this)...there's just something not right with Bradford, and I can't put my finger on it, but I don't think he'll do as well in the pro's as people think.

McCoy on the other hand, has some great intangibles, very very strong leadership, great arm, and excellent game management skills.

TXBRONC
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM

What about Brandstater? I would think that McDaniels drafted him with idea of possibly making him a starter in the future.

sneakers
07-09-2009, 04:15 PM
What if we had Jake Plummer still here?

:hehe:

NameUsedBefore
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
A defense and steady run-game included, we would have 13 wins and a stop at the AFC Championship.

Without the two stipulations Plummer would be on the bench.

T.K.O.
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
i just dont see cassel as an upgrade after our current qb,s know the system.
also cassel turned a 16-0 team into an 11-5 team that translates to turning our 8-8 team into....uhhh...3-13?.yucky...
j/k i realize its not that simple,just saying:confused:

WARHORSE
07-10-2009, 12:25 AM

Bradford, McCoy, Zac Robinson and Tebow are the four that are lookin like nice pro prospects. That being if Bradford comes out.

That would all but assure us a decent prospect to pick without having to go up far to get him. I dont think Tebow will be on our list, but who knows.

He has a new QB coach this year and will be playing from under center more this season.

Leadership intangibles are off the charts, and his TD to INT rate is phenominal.

But this is the NFL. College success doesnt mean a paid ticket to stardom here.

frenchfan
07-10-2009, 12:54 AM
What about Brandstater? I would think that McDaniels drafted him with idea of possibly making him a starter in the future.
That's an interesting question... I'd like to know more about Brandstater... and what you people are thinking about him... :beer:

scott.475
07-10-2009, 01:14 AM
War! How can you even bring up this scenario? Did you forget we have a quarterback master as coach? Heck, he could put a one-legged, color blind jockey in there as QB and make him a success, I don't know why you think we would need to bring in some high priced talent!

tumbana
07-10-2009, 01:28 AM
War! How can you even bring up this scenario? Did you forget we have a quarterback master as coach? Heck, he could put a one-legged, color blind jockey in there as QB and make him a success, I don't know why you think we would need to bring in some high priced talent!

I know, right?

Dirk
07-10-2009, 05:56 AM
If the line plays as well as last year and the offense learns the scheme....Orton will be just fine. He will be up with the best QBs of the 2009 season.

Orton can do it. Have faith! It all boils down to the offense learning the scheme.

Wins will be determined by how the denfense plays IMO.

Dirk
07-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh...forgot to add at the end....

War......STOP IT!!! :laugh:

LRtagger
07-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I think they will get a good enough look at Cassell throughout camp to decide how much they will be willing to put into him as a long term solution to the position.

Just think...it was the Chefs who started this whole mess. If Brady doesn't go down against him in that opener, then Jay is still a Bronco and the Chefs may have drafted Sanchez at #3...and then we might have Tyson Jackson and Ayers/Moreno.

rcsodak
07-11-2009, 02:51 AM

I don't see Cassell "throwin for 400 plus a clip" either. ;)

rcsodak
07-11-2009, 02:53 AM
The Chiefs are going to running a spread offense that's very similar to what they run in New England. So if he fails it just might be that he's not as good as some people around here think he is. Right now I'm of the opinion that Cassel was the product of a great offense system with a terrific supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

Besides that I was under the impression that McDaniels drafted Brandstater as possible starting quarterback for the future.

Where has KC's new HC been as an OC, other than AZ?

rcsodak
07-11-2009, 02:55 AM

Denver won't have a top 3 pick.

McCoy isn't an NFL QB.

If KC sucks, look for them to try for Bradford.

rcsodak
07-11-2009, 02:58 AM
I think they will get a good enough look at Cassell throughout camp to decide how much they will be willing to put into him as a long term solution to the position.

Just think...it was the Chefs who started this whole mess. If Brady doesn't go down against him in that opener, then Jay is still a Bronco and the Chefs may have drafted Sanchez at #3...and then we might have Tyson Jackson and Ayers/Moreno.

It's a frickin' conspiracy, I tell ya! :tsk:

TXBRONC
07-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Where has KC's new HC been as an OC, other than AZ?

I have no idea where he's coached besides AZ. I do know however that AZ runs a spread offense that is very similar to that is run in New England.

silkamilkamonico
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
i just dont see cassel as an upgrade after our current qb,s know the system.
also cassel turned a 16-0 team into an 11-5 team that translates to turning our 8-8 team into....uhhh...3-13?.yucky...
j/k i realize its not that simple,just saying:confused:

Kind of shows just how much better New England's organization is over Denver's. It's like comparing the Florida Gators and the California Golden Bears.

Thanks for reminding me just how far our franchise has fallen in the 21st century.

:D