PDA

View Full Version : We Broke the Cycle

Overtime
07-09-2009, 12:19 AM
I had a wild brain storm tonight my friends.

Now just hear me out.

Ok since Elway, we had nothing but problems at QB.

Greaseball
Ramsey
Plummer
Cutler
Brister
Jackson
etc.

ok so we had Plummer, and all we did was win. We got discontent with that, and we failed to make the playoffs 3 years in a row.

well Cutler whined his way out and went to the Bears.

Bears weren't content with Grossman, so they started Orton instead. But when Cutler started whining, they got interest, and realized that Orton wasn't their "man", they wanted something "better". All Orton did was win football games for the Bears.

so since we kicked Plummer to the curb, we were burdened with bad luck, but now that the Bears have picked up Cutler, and assumed command of the problem child, and we acquired Orton. So now the Bears have assumed the curse.

so by doing this we've made up for kicking Plummer to the curb, and the curse is over. We may have a rough season, but it'll put us in position next year to get a big name QB, and start rebuilding this team.

Don't ask how I came up with this, but it's really complex, cause I been doing algebra and crap all night...so yeah.

:beer:

Northman
07-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I dont think i agree with your logic but if we win games i dont care.

dogfish
07-09-2009, 12:29 AM
We may have a rough season, but it'll put us in position next year to get a big name QB, and start rebuilding this team.

did seattle send us our pick back and i missed it?

:confused:

Simple Jaded
07-09-2009, 12:36 AM
You've been doing algebra all night? And by "Algebra" you mean hippy lettuce, right?

Be careful, "Algebra" is the "Gateway Course".......

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 12:39 AM

Now just hear me out.

Greaseball
Ramsey
Plummer
Cutler
Brister
Jackson
etc.

ok so we had Plummer, and all we did was win. We got discontent with that, and we failed to make the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Bears weren't content with Grossman, so they started Orton instead. But when Cutler started whining, they got interest, and realized that Orton wasn't their "man", they wanted something "better". All Orton did was win football games for the Bears.

so since we kicked Plummer to the curb, we were burdened with bad luck, but now that the Bears have picked up Cutler, and assumed command of the problem child, and we acquired Orton. So now the Bears have assumed the curse.

so by doing this we've made up for kicking Plummer to the curb, and the curse is over. We may have a rough season, but it'll put us in position next year to get a big name QB, and start rebuilding this team.

Don't ask how I came up with this, but it's really complex, cause I been doing algebra and crap all night...so yeah.

Actually, before McJaygate (12/30/08), Angelo expressed a displeasure with the Bears current QB situation. The following was Jerry addressing the aforementioned in a press conference.

Jerry Angelo; “I know that there is going to be a lot of talk about [acquiring] a No. 1 receiver. [But] it starts with the quarterback. It’s all about the quarterback. You don’t win because of wide receivers. You don’t win because of running backs. You win because of the quarterback.

“We’ve got to get the quarterback position stabilized. We’re fixated on that and I don’t want us to lose sight of that. The rest of that is peripheral stuff. It starts with the quarterback, and that’s the bottom line.”

He, already in so many words, decided that Orton wasn't his guy.

TXBRONC
07-09-2009, 12:42 AM

Now just hear me out.

Greaseball
Ramsey
Plummer
Cutler
Brister
Jackson
etc.

Let's say Denver has a rough season this year, how will that put us in a position to draft to get a big name quarterback? McDaniels traded away our natural number one pick for next year. We still have the Bears number one pick for next year but then that would be assuming that they will have terrible season and right now I don't see any reason to believe that. Also why would we draft big name quarterback? At this point I don't think McDaniels believes he'll need to do that considering where he came from.

scott.475
07-09-2009, 12:45 AM
He cam up with this theory while studying math. Though he used a lot of words, his theory is this:

Orton=PlummerxCutler^2

Norman Einstein would be proud!

tumbana
07-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Except Orton did not have much to do with the Bears winning and neither was Grossman. There is no "curse" with upgrading with a far better, far more talented, and hardworking and motivated QB, sorry. No downside. The Bears don't completely suck at 2/3 of the game like the Broncos have these last couple of years either and they sure as hell didn't while Orton and Grossman were QBs for their entire seasons (05,06,08). Also, the Bears did more than add Cutler. Player and coaching upgrades all over the team.

tumbana
07-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Actually, before McJaygate (12/30/08), Angelo expressed a displeasure with the Bears current QB situation. The following was Jerry addressing the aforementioned in a press conference.

Jerry Angelo; “I know that there is going to be a lot of talk about [acquiring] a No. 1 receiver. [But] it starts with the quarterback. It’s all about the quarterback. You don’t win because of wide receivers. You don’t win because of running backs. You win because of the quarterback.

“We’ve got to get the quarterback position stabilized. We’re fixated on that and I don’t want us to lose sight of that. The rest of that is peripheral stuff. It starts with the quarterback, and that’s the bottom line.”

and this

Overtime
07-09-2009, 01:02 AM
lol. you boys ever hear of "trading up or down in the draft"?

So what if McDaniels got rid of our #1. You think Seattle is really going to have a horrendous season? they have Hasselbeck back healthy, they signed TJ Whosyomama, they should be a solid 10-6, 11-5 team.

buncha negative types on here!!! negativity breeds negativity...so think positive and for the love of God cheer the heck up!

McDaniels may be a rookie, and yeah he's made some mistakes, but find me a coach in the NFL who hasn't?

I guarantee you we will have a legit QB in next year's draft if have a bad season.

e-beers on me!!!!!!!!

Overtime
07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
You've been doing algebra all night? And by "Algebra" you mean hippy lettuce, right?

Be careful, "Algebra" is the "Gateway Course".......

i honestly wouldn't know what hippy lettuce looked like if someone handed it to me.

I was doing authentic college algebra...the kind in the book, you have to write out and solve...takes hours on end of practice to get right, and you need a calculator and a butt load of notebook paper.

Magnificent Seven
07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Tim Tebow for 2010!!!!

Overtime
07-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Tim Tebow for 2010!!!!

I did say "legit". not overrated, and incompetent and full of himself.

all Tebow does is run. we don't need a white michael vick who can't even throw a tight spiral, or run an offense while not in the shotgun.

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 01:14 AM

So what if McDaniels got rid of our #1. You think Seattle is really going to have a horrendous season? they have Hasselbeck back healthy, they signed TJ Whosyomama, they should be a solid 10-6, 11-5 team.

buncha negative types on here!!! negativity breeds negativity...so think positive and for the love of God cheer the heck up!

McDaniels may be a rookie, and yeah he's made some mistakes, but find me a coach in the NFL who hasn't?

I guarantee you we will have a legit QB in next year's draft if have a bad season.

e-beers on me!!!!!!!!

My post wasn't to bag or brag on either side. It was just showing that Angelo was on the QB hunt this offseason. He was looking before Cutler was made available. I felt kinda bad for Orton when Angelo said this way back when. He was making improvements, and was showing some promise. He was more consistent then Grossman. It appeared that Angelo wanted that 'Wow' factor.

He got what he wanted.

Overtime
07-09-2009, 01:20 AM
My post wasn't to bag or brag on either side. It was just showing that Angelo was on the QB hunt this offseason. He was looking before Cutler was made available. I felt kinda bad for Orton when Angelo said this way back when. He was making improvements, and was showing some promise. He was more consistent then Grossman. It appeared that Angelo wanted that 'Wow' factor.

He got what he wanted.

and im so gonna laugh my butt off all year long when Cutler, throws game costing interceptions.

and when old man winter sets in up in Chicago and that ball becomes as hard as a rock because it's so cold, and Cutler fumbles away the Bears shot at the playoffs, it'll be even better.

not to mention he doesn't have Shanahan calling his plays anymore.

he won't be on my fantasy list that's for sure.

can't wait to see how Cutler handles it when the fans turn on him for his failures. He'll probably whine his way to Miami then.

Simple Jaded
07-09-2009, 01:23 AM
I'd prefer Tim Tebow to what they have now.......

tumbana
07-09-2009, 01:29 AM
and im so gonna laugh my butt off all year long when Cutler, throws game costing interceptions.

and when old man winter sets in up in Chicago and that ball becomes as hard as a rock because it's so cold, and Cutler fumbles away the Bears shot at the playoffs, it'll be even better.

can't wait to see how Cutler handles it when the fans turn on him for his failures. He'll probably whine his way to Miami then.

Cutler had a 94 QBR in the 4th quarter and came through in the clutch more often than he didn't. Shanahan and his 616 pass attempts and 28th in the NFL in rushing attempts isn't needed.

It's not like Cutler had an NFL record 3 INTs in 7 pass attempts.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80c85ac4/WK-11-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hunted-down

Have fun.

scott.475
07-09-2009, 01:39 AM
i honestly wouldn't know what hippy lettuce looked like if someone handed it to me.

I was doing authentic college algebra...the kind in the book, you have to write out and solve...takes hours on end of practice to get right, and you need a calculator and a butt load of notebook paper.

They let you use a calculator? Holy cripes, I either went to the wrong school, or went at the wrong time. You spoiled son-of-a-gun.

scott.475
07-09-2009, 01:41 AM

Dear Lord, what have I done to deserve your wrath?

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 01:47 AM

^^^^That and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee^^^^

Shazam!
07-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Cutler had a 94 QBR in the 4th quarter and came through in the clutch more often than he didn't.

In the 3 final must-win Denver games to wrap up the division and a playoff spot...

Cutler- 2 TDs/4 INTs

That's "clutch" all right.

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:04 AM
In the 3 final must-win Denver games to wrap up the division and a playoff spot...

Cutler- 2 TDs/4 INTs

That's "clutch" all right.

I didn't know being down by multiple scores from the very beginning of the game counted as clutch situations. I'm talking clutch situations where he needed to drive downfield or come through late in the game whether it be to put the team away or win the game.

1st Chargers game, Browns game, Jets game, Falcons game, the Kansas City game when it was very close near the end and they Broncos were pinned on their own one, and even the Bills game when he drove them all the way downfield and the would-have-been game winning TD that Stokely couldn't haul in.

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:11 AM

I'm glad he did. It was very apparent the Broncos were shipping off Cutler, so
Orton was the one to get, and he is the one McDaniels went after. And
McDaniels knows QBs, if he knows anything . . .

-----

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Cutler had a 94 QBR in the 4th quarter and came through in the clutch more often than he didn't. Shanahan and his 616 pass attempts and 28th in the NFL in rushing attempts isn't needed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80c85ac4/WK-11-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hunted-down

Have fun.

Happens to the best of us . . .

3OALtxAlt2o

-----

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Happens to the best of us . . .

3OALtxAlt2o

-----

Do you happen to know what Cuter did after that? I don't quite recall.

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:19 AM

Then go back and review it.

Everybody else knows.

-----

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Then go back and review it.

Everybody else knows.

-----

Yup just looked it up....

Threw a TD and then the game winning 2 point conversion.

Benetto
07-09-2009, 02:22 AM

Too bad the bears dont have an Eddie Royal type receiver. The throw is only half of it. And getting open is the harder part.

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Too bad the bears dont have an Eddie Royal type receiver. The throw is only half of it. And getting open is the harder part.

They have some excellent possession receiving TEs, and a great receiving RB-especially in the Redzone.

Why is this a pissing contest between QB's? I don't think that is what the OP was going for.

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:25 AM

Wow, I'm impressed! Where did you get such acumen? :eek:

-----

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:26 AM

Too bad the Bears didn't have a QB who didn't wet his pants when he saw an open receiver. Lucky he had such good TEs and RBs or his dump off game wouldn't have allowed him to remain the starter.

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:27 AM
They have some excellent possession receiving TEs, and a great receiving RB-especially in the Redzone.

Why is this a pissing contest between QB's? I don't think that is what the OP was going for.

Because a certain troll made it so.

Yup, same one . . . :coffee:

-----

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Because a certain troll made it so.

Yup, same one . . . :coffee:

-----

Who started it again?

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Who started it again?

Do you see where OT might have mentioned Orton? So he doesn't like Cutler.
He is on a Denver Broncos message board, expressing his dislike for Cutler. He
did not ask for smack from you. You started the pissing match, as usual.

-----

Benetto
07-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Too bad the Bears didn't have a QB who didn't wet his pants when he saw an open receiver. Lucky he had such good TEs and RBs or his dump off game wouldn't have allowed him to remain the starter.

Im no big fan of Kyle either...But with Moreno, Royal, and arguably the best o line in the NFL, he'll do fine.....Not to mention a handfull of other play makers...Lamont, Sheffler, DG....

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Do you see where OT might have mentioned Orton? So he doesn't like Cutler.
He is on a Denver Broncos message board, expressing his dislike for Cutler. He
did not ask for smack from you. You started the pissing match, as usual.

-----

How did I start the pissing match? Ursamajor made a completely normal post, and then he posts that load of crap to attack him. Sorry, I didn't start it.

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:40 AM
How did I start the pissing match? Ursamajor made a completely normal post, and then he posts that load of crap to attack him. Sorry, I didn't start it.

Once again, OT, a Denver Broncos fan, expressed a dislike for Cutler on a Denver
Broncos message board. He did not ask for smack from you. He did not ask for
your retaliating by bring up Orton. If you want to smack, we have a forum
especially for that. We don't need a Cutler/Orton comparison every time Cutler
is mentioned.

-----

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Once again, OT, a Denver Broncos fan, expressed a dislike for Cutler on a Denver
Broncos message board. He did not ask for smack from you. He did not ask for
your retaliating by bring up Orton. If you want to smack, we have a forum
especially for that. We don't need a Cutler/Orton comparison every time Cutler
is mentioned.

-----

So you are telling me his post to Ursamajor wasn't smack? It didn't instigate anything? LOL!

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Who started it again?

Its become flaming now. No real constructive conversation will come of it if both sides keep fanning the flames. Id prefer to put it out then keep it going.

The back and forth has been going on between the Bears and Broncos faithful across many boards since the trade. I know that football season seems like forever away still, and everyone is anxious, but there has to be something other to do then constantly bickering between the fans of 2 clubs that have never been a Rival on any level.

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 02:46 AM

Now just hear me out.

Greaseball
Ramsey
Plummer
Cutler
Brister
Jackson
etc.

:salute:

as my teacher always said the problem is not done till you write the formula.. Get crackin.. :laugh:

topscribe
07-09-2009, 02:48 AM
So you are telling me his post to Ursamajor wasn't smack? It didn't instigate anything? LOL!

I agree Ursa had the milder, more reasonable posts.

But he is capable of taking care of himself, as he so adeptly has proven. I don't
think he needs you in the middle of a pissing match in his defense . . .

-----

tumbana
07-09-2009, 02:51 AM
I agree Ursa had the milder, more reasonable posts.

But he is capable of taking care of himself, as he so adeptly has proven. I don't
think he needs you in the middle of a pissing match in his defense . . .

-----

Except I am mainly trying to defend my team and my new QB. I know Ursa can handle himself. Most of us Bears fans are just good like that.

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Now get on topic or I close this thread..

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 03:15 AM
Now get on topic or I close this thread..

now all the mods are tired of the trolling so stop it..

Wanna talk smack, there is an area for it.. keep it out of Bronco Talk..

topscribe
07-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Its become flaming now. No real constructive conversation will come of it if both sides keep fanning the flames. Id prefer to put it out then keep it going.

The back and forth has been going on between the Bears and Broncos faithful across many boards since the trade. I know that football season seems like forever away still, and everyone is anxious, but there has to be something other to do then constantly bickering between the fans of 2 clubs that have never been a Rival on any level.

The way you have conducted yourself on this board is commendable.

I wish I could do more than just salute your post . . .

-----

NameUsedBefore
07-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Curses and algebra together in bed.

I'll be damned.

:coffee:

TXBRONC
07-09-2009, 09:51 AM

e-beers on me!!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard most teams don't trade up because of the cost?

GEM
07-09-2009, 12:05 PM

And that has been the problem with the Bears for the past upteen years. So infatuated with trying to find that guy that they pay no attention to who that guy will be throwing to. Now they have "the guy" but only tight end and a running back to toss the ball to. Matt Forte going to go out and catch a 40 yard long ball?

CoachChaz
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
QB by committee never works and that's what Chicago had been doing until last year. Decide on ONE QB, devise an offensive system relative to the year you are playing in and acquire receivers that can run a route and maybe they wouldnt have these problems.

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 12:16 PM
And that has been the problem with the Bears for the past upteen years. So infatuated with trying to find that guy that they pay no attention to who that guy will be throwing to. Now they have "the guy" but only tight end and a running back to toss the ball to. Matt Forte going to go out and catch a 40 yard long ball?

He does have that kind of talent yes. Also both TEs do-And Hester can make deep grabs. But that is neither here nor there.

So infatuated with trying to find that guy that they pay no attention to who that guy will be throwing to.

I think they do. But who's available? Plax? No one knows what his fate will be. Substantial off field issues. They could scrape the bottom of the FA market to pick up nothing but a name. But that wouldn't be prudent IMO.

And we all know what happens when you have an elite receiver with a scrub QB-one doesn't need to look any further then Moss in his Oakland years.

T.K.O.
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM

would'nt that mean you also LOSE because of the quarterback?
what happened to the "team sport" theory?

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
He does have that kind of talent yes. Also both TEs do-And Hester can make deep grabs. But that is neither here nor there.

I think they do. But who's available? Plax? No one knows what his fate will be. Substantial off field issues. They could scrape the bottom of the FA market to pick up nothing but a name. But that wouldn't be prudent IMO.

And we all know what happens when you have an elite receiver with a scrub QB-one doesn't need to look any further then Moss in his Oakland years.

great post

it has to be balanced can't be QB rich and WR poor or vise versa..
some cases you can get away with a lesser talent on one side or the other.. and they become symbiotic and feed off each other and make each other better..

I think that while jay has a lot of talent and he will make the WR better they will not rise to the level he had in DEN coupled with a stronger running game and he will become frustrated when he does not get the big numbers he was allowed to go for in DEN....

Orton will see an uptick because his WRs will make him better along with a coherent scheme that is QB friendly..

topscribe
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM

My problem with that is that I don't believe the QB was a scrub. (No, he isn't as
physically gifted as Cutler, but we're over that now, aren't we?) This year, in
addition to acquiring Cutler, the Bears went out and upgraded the guard and
tackle positions, and they apparently have been actively searching for
another good WR.

Why didn't they simply do that for Orton? :confused:

But I'm glad they didn't. Now, the Broncos have Orton (since they felt they
couldn't have Cutler) . . . with all the offensive tools . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
My problem with that is that I don't believe the QB was a scrub. (No, he isn't as
another good WR.

-----

I agree - why did not Chicago do for Orton what they are doing for Cutler? And speaking of Cutler being physically gifted - yes, he is probably more physically gifted than Orton - but in my opinion, Cutler is not close to being as physically gifted as Elway was - I don't see Cutler ever being able to carry a team on his back, and be totally responsible for getting a team to 3 superbowls.

NameUsedBefore
07-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree - why did not Chicago do for Orton what they are doing for Cutler? And speaking of Cutler being physically gifted - yes, he is probably more physically gifted than Orton - but in my opinion, Cutler is not close to being as physically gifted as Elway was - I don't see Cutler ever being able to carry a team on his back, and be totally responsible for getting a team to 3 superbowls.

I think that's a lot to ask of any QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I think that's a lot to ask of any QB.

May be a lot to ask of any QB, but Elway had everything it takes to do it. I don't think Cutler would be able to do that.

WARHORSE
07-09-2009, 01:40 PM
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 01:41 PM
May be a lot to ask of any QB, but Elway had everything it takes to do it. I don't think Cutler would be able to do that.

the Duke was mentally tough after Dan reeves for sure..

I'm not so sure jay is, he has all the tools,

But I have been concerned for what is going on in the head since his throwing the helmet routine coming off the field.. and how he mopes on the bench by himself when things are not going great..

hopefully in 2010 he will grow out of those issues..

WARHORSE
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
This is for **EDIT**:

Cutler causes trouble for college team (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/09/cutler-causes-trouble-for-college-team/)

Posted by Mike Florio on July 9, 2009 2:33 PM
As it turns out, the Broncos weren't the only football team for which quarterback Jay Cutler caused plenty of trouble earlier this year.
Cutler also created a problem for the Georgia Bulldogs by giving four free tickets to an NFL game between the Broncos and the Falcons to former UGA and current Detroit Lions quarterback Matthrew Stafford.
John Taylor of CFT posted a blurb item on the subject earlier today. And since our longstanding relationship with CFT has continued now that CFT, like PFT, is in partnership with NBC, we thought it would make plenty of sense to run a link to J.T.'s item (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/09/cutler-gets-uga-in-hot-water-with-ncaa/).
What we're basically saying is, "You should put CFT in your daily 'I'll review those reports in five minutes, maybe ten' Internet routine."

WARHORSE
07-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Leave it to Jay Cutler to get a college football program in hot water even though he's, one, no longer a part of collegiate football and, two, he's not associated with the program in question.

According to the Athens Banner-Herald, Cutler gave four tickets to then-Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford for a Broncos-Falcons game at the Georgia Dome November 16. Stafford then gave three of the tickets to his Bulldog teammates.

Needless to say, the NCAA frowns on such gifts and Georgia, after investigating a tip from the NFL Players Association, self-reported the secondary violation along with three others involving the football program.

Fullback Shaun Chapas told The Banner-Herald that he received one of the tickets, and that the players were made to donate $40 -- the face value of each ducats -- to the Boys and Girls Club of Athens.

The paper obtained their initial information through an open records request, where they notified SEC commissioner Mike Slive of a potential violation on December 10. On January 9, two days after Stafford officially declared for the draft, Georgia self-reported the violation to the NCAA.

The NFLPA was initially concerned that an agent had made improper contact with a Georgia player when they notified the school.

Overtime
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM

interesting it was the 2nd game of the season, and pretty much meaningless. yes it was a home victory, and a much needed one against the Sparklers, to boost our morale, but in the end, it proved unnotable at best. not taking away from that specific game, because I'm glad we beat them the way we did, but if Cutler had done that at KC, or during the Buffalo game, or against Jax...instead of folding up shop late in the 4th by turning it over, we'd a been in the playoffs.

Im no big fan of Kyle either...But with Moreno, Royal, and arguably the best o line in the NFL, he'll do fine.....Not to mention a handfull of other play makers...Lamont, Sheffler, DG....

great post, I like the positivity you got flowing. maybe it'll rub off on some of these debbie downers on here.

Except I am mainly trying to defend my team and my new QB. I know Ursa can handle himself. Most of us Bears fans are just good like that.

well please be sure to remove your mascara and high heels before you come in here again, because you've been acting like a little girl.

Have you ever heard most teams don't trade up because of the cost?

yeah well, the Steelers didn't when Big Ben was available, so if a top notch QB is there, I believe we'll make a move to grab one.

THINK POSITIVE....I COMMAND YOU TO DO SO and will reward you with a free e-beer if you. :D

Lonestar
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
interesting it was the 2nd game of the season, and pretty much meaningless. yes it was a home victory, and a much needed one against the Sparklers, to boost our morale, but in the end, it proved unnotable at best. not taking away from that specific game, because I'm glad we beat them the way we did, but if Cutler had done that at KC, or during the Buffalo game, or against Jax...instead of folding up shop late in the 4th by turning it over, we'd a been in the playoffs.

Yes he his was indeed correct. BUT had it not been for a quick whistle and HUGE mistake by one of the best refs in the NFL, it would/should have been HUGE lose for DEN..

For that matter had the interception earlier in the game by Bailey been ruled properly he may not have even been in a position to FUMBLE the game away..

He got really lucky on that one.. BIG time..

TXBRONC
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM

great post, I like the positivity you got flowing. maybe it'll rub off on some of these debbie downers on here.

well please be sure to remove your mascara and high heels before you come in here again, because you've been acting like a little girl.

yeah well, the Steelers didn't when Big Ben was available, so if a top notch QB is there, I believe we'll make a move to grab one.

THINK POSITIVE....I COMMAND YOU TO DO SO and will reward you with a free e-beer if you. :D

Not agreeing with you doesn't equate to being negative, I'm just being realistic.

By the way, Roethlisberger was the 11th overall pick in his draft class and IIRC the Steelers didn't have move up to get him.

ursamajor
07-09-2009, 06:32 PM
another good WR.

-----

I think that came off wrong-I dont mean Orton is a scrub. I do think that he was more comfortable with his TEs then his receivers. What I wrote was meant to be taken as an example showing that QBs have a bigger impact on WRs then vice versa. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are plenty of good QBs who are more comfortable with their TEs then WRs.

I dont know why they didnt do the same thing for Orton. But Angelo made it fairly clear that he was going to go all out this offseason to get a QB. Anyone who knows Jerry also knows that he loves the draft more then his own children. The fact that he dealt 2 1sts for Jay is a clear sign that he will in the next few seasons build the Bears around Jay.

Its feels like hell is freezing over for Bears fans.

T.K.O.
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
if the bears get a top flight reciever and the defense gets back to where it was a couple years ago....look out nfc. they will be a force and it would be awesome to see farve and the vikes with a.p.
against cutler and forte etc....
it will only be a one year rivalry most likely but jay does owe bret an overtime killer !:D

horsepig
07-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Let's say Denver has a rough season this year, how will that put us in a position to draft to get a big name quarterback? McDaniels traded away our natural number one pick for next year. We still have the Bears number one pick for next year but then that would be assuming that they will have terrible season and right now I don't see any reason to believe that. Also why would we draft big name quarterback? At this point I don't think McDaniels believes he'll need to do that considering where he came from.

Chill out a little here boys. I think he meant that Orton could be the next Jakje; i.e. 40 w's/10 l's. If so stick with Orton and find another snake in the grass at # 11 or so after a rare bad year. I myself could live with and love that scenario.

horsepig
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I didn't know being down by multiple scores from the very beginning of the game counted as clutch situations. I'm talking clutch situations where he needed to drive downfield or come through late in the game whether it be to put the team away or win the game.

1st Chargers game, Browns game, Jets game, Falcons game, the Kansas City game when it was very close near the end and they Broncos were pinned on their own one, and even the Bills game when he drove them all the way downfield and the would-have-been game winning TD that Stokely couldn't haul in.

Can you count on the digits on your hands and feet howmany game winning/changing plays Elway, Farve, Marino etc... lost because the receiver dropped, went out of bounds or whatever?

Happens all the time. Cutler is not on my list of QB's to lead comebacks for several reasons. I will admit, however that he is very young and still might learn to make better decisions at critical times.

horsepig
07-09-2009, 09:03 PM

Amen, Carol, and that QB's name was not Farve either.

TXBRONC
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Chill out a little here boys. I think he meant that Orton could be the next Jakje; i.e. 40 w's/10 l's. If so stick with Orton and find another snake in the grass at # 11 or so after a rare bad year. I myself could live with and love that scenario.

I'm not upset nor am I being negative.

I understood what he meant. What I was pointing out is that if McDaniels wants to replace Orton with a pick that high it will depend how the Bears do this season. How we do next season is irrelevant because we don't have our natural number one pick we only have the Bears number one at this point in time.

CoachChaz
07-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm not upset nor am I being negative.

I understood what he meant. What I was pointing out is that if McDaniels wants to replace Orton with a pick that high it will depend how the Bears do this season. How we do next season is irrelevant because we don't have our natural number one pick we only have the Bears number one at this point in time.

Even still, there are 4 really solid QB's with first round talent in next years draft. IF McD wanted to go that route, one of them would be available

TXBRONC
07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Even still, there are 4 really solid QB's with first round talent in next years draft. IF McD wanted to go that route, one of them would be available

All do respect we're way to far away from next year's draft to know if the Broncos will be in a position to get one of the top four quarterbacks. It not inconceivable that four quarterbacks could go in the top 15. If the Bears have as good of year some of prognosticators think we could end up being 10 or more slots away from one the top quarterbacks. As I said before it comes down what kind of season the Bears have this year.

CoachChaz
07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
All do respect we're way to far away from next year's draft to know if the Broncos will be in a position to get one of the top four quarterbacks. It not inconceivable that four quarterbacks could go in the top 15. If the Bears have as good of year some of prognosticators think we could end up being 10 or more slots away from one the top quarterbacks. As I said before it comes down what kind of season the Bears have this year.

If 4 QB's go in the top 15 next year...I'll be shocked. I'll be even more shocked if the Bears draft 25th or later. That would pretty much require them making the playoffs and I have no problem saying there are 8-9 teams in the NFC alone that are better.

Simple Jaded
07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
another good WR.

-----

Because Kyle Orton is a stiff, a Journeyman, a Dime-o-Dozen. Yeah, most teams try to acquire Elite QB's, not wipe their ass with them.......