PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams Accused of Manipulating 3 Urine Tests

TheReverend
07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
According to the NFL’s version of events, Williams provided urine samples in August and September that the drug-testing lab concluded were something other than human urine. And in an incident in November, Williams was accused by the specimen collector of having a bottle near his waist while submitting the test, perhaps to pour clean urine from someone else into his sample. Williams then refused to give the tester the bottle.

In that incident, the collector said he saw Williams drop the bottle while submitting his urine sample. According to the collector, Williams then kicked the bottle into an area of the Broncos’ locker room where drug testers were not allowed to go. When the tester asked a trainer to go into the locker room and get the bottle, the trainer and Williams returned from the locker room with a different bottle. (Williams claims the bottle contained something legal that he uses for energy and it fell from his pocket during the test, and that he kicked it into the locker room accidentally.)

Full article at:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/12/d-j-williams-accused-of-manipulating-three-different-urine-tests/

Slick
07-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Wow! This isn't looking good for DJ.

...and Buff was right.

TheReverend
07-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Wow! This isn't looking good for DJ.

...and Buff was right.

If he's this ******* stupid where he's kicking urine bottles into another room, then no wonder he can't read his keys and diagnose a ******* play.

Also, kinda incriminating towards our trainer... probably why we really replaced Tuten

SR
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Just read this on the Denver Post. What a tool. When is Denver going to cut him?

topscribe
07-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Just read this on the Denver Post. What a tool. When is Denver going to cut him?
If Woodyard/Irving/Trevathan does a good job in D.J.'s absence, I would not be surprised to see the latter gone . . .

SR
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
If Woodyard/Irving/Trevathan does a good job in D.J.'s absence, I would not be surprised to see the latter gone . . .

I don't really give a shit at this point. Keeping DJ on the team is worse than cutting him. He's not worth this crap.

topscribe
07-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't really give a shit at this point. Keeping DJ on the team is worse than cutting him. He's not worth this crap.
Well, the FO may be getting to the point where they agree with you.

Wouldn't surprise me . . .

MasterShake
07-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Between this and tweeting the playbook, I have no problem just cutting him.

SR
07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Between this and tweeting the playbook, I have no problem just cutting him.

And he's got excuses for everything. Sounds to me like he gets caught with his pants down, but tries to pass the blame to someone/thing else or pass it off like it's no big deal. And his POS defense attorney that's representing him for his piss test case isn't much better. Defense attornies are generally scum anyway.

rationalfan
07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
i've been a DJ defender/supporter, but this is pretty dumb/lame/uncool.

though, just to cut off the hyperbole offenders before they overreact, it's not like the guy raped someone - cough, perrish cox, cough - or reportedly slapped around his girlfriend - cough, brandon marshall, cough. the broncos have kept guys on the roster through worse offenses. i'm not sure this is worth cutting him over; unless there are salary cap issues that become important.

Mike
07-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Not worth the trouble. Sick of hearing about this guy.

MasterShake
07-12-2012, 09:07 AM

though, just to cut off the hyperbole offenders before they overreact, it's not like the guy raped someone - cough, perrish cox, cough - or reportedly slapped around his girlfriend - cough, brandon marshall, cough. the broncos have kept guys on the roster through worse offenses. i'm not sure this is worth cutting him over; unless there are salary cap issues that become important.

Well, in addition to failing 3 drug tests and tweeting out the playbook, lets not forget he was stripped of being a captain for a DUI. I'm not gonna sit here on a soapbox and preach about character, but I have to imagine the Broncos organization is sick of the headaches he is causing. There has to be a point where its just not worth it anymore. The dude is hurting his team right now more than he is helping them.

BroncoNut
07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
those poor urine tests. Are they o.k?

Softskull
07-12-2012, 09:18 AM

If he didn't play for us it would be comical.

threefolddead
07-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I want to like DJ but times run out. This is the last straw. What process in his head makes him think that he can use dog piss or whatever it was to fake a urine test. They machines they use can find all sorts of drugs in the urine why would they not be able to tell if its human or not. The continued stupidity is mind-boggling to me. The fact that he tried this twice and what might have been a third time if the tester hadn't caught him is insane.

Northman
07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
If he didn't play for us it would be comical.

Its still comical but sad at the same time.

BroncoNut
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Mr Williams. the results of your tests indicate that you are in estrous. Can you explain this?

BroncoNut
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Its still comical but sad at the same time.

which is confusing as hell to me, and kind of embarrassing. When I laugh and cry at the same time I wet myself

OrangeHoof
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Da U.

I'm just picturing DJ holding a jar underneath a dog and getting him to pee. Then again, my sister had a female dachshund who lost her bladder every time we had a new visitor in the house. We made her go in the kitchen where it was easier to clean than wood floors or carpets. i suppose a savvy urine cheater could just keep a female dachshund around and then there would always be a ready sample for when a drug test was coming.

chazoe60
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Wesley Woodyard is a stand up guy who plays hard, practices hard, and led the team in tackles last year, why can't we just give that spot to him and let DJ walk? I don't think he's so much better than Wes that he's worth the headaches.

LTC Pain
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Time to hit the eject button! Once could be a question or anomoly. But three times equals DJ is stupid.

MOtorboat
07-12-2012, 10:54 AM
:sigh:

xzn
07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
If it walks like a turd & smells like a turd ... it's time 2 flush it!

weazel
07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree, Williams just seems like a fool. That being said, every player in the NFL, including the kickers are using PED's... to think otherwise is just naive

TheReverend
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree, Williams just seems like a fool. That being said, every player in the NFL, including the kickers are using PED's... to think otherwise is just naive

Considering DJ's lack of even remotely reaching his potential, I think it's way more likely to be pot than PEDs.

xzn
07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
DJ should have been one of the transcendant LBs of his generation with his physical tools. Recent events seem to obviate why he never approached his true potential. Thank God for Vonnie! Time2Flush TheTurd55.

shank
07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
time to cut. get em wesley.

NightTerror218
07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
anyone know how much longer he has on his contract? Wonder if we could trade him. He has skills and is good. But he is a headcase. I just hate the idea of cutting a guy who is a good player and not getting compensation. I would think we could trade him for a 5th or something to a team who is desperate at the LB position.

xzn
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd trade him for the right of first refusal on an empty bag of Cheetos right about now...

jhildebrand
07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I have disliked DJ for years. First, because I thought he was overrated. Second, because it was clear he was a liability in that he couldn't be counted on.

That said, I don't buy into the dropped bottle nonsense. The NFL made those statements for the obvious implications but they never, as far as I can tell, expanded nor substantiate them.

DJ has a hefty part of his contract left and I don't see how the team can do anything with him. My guess is he will sit most or all of this year. He will be out next year via trade.

Timmy!
07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
http://hotnerdgirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/picard-facepalm.jpg

topscribe
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
And he's got excuses for everything. Sounds to me like he gets caught with his pants down, but tries to pass the blame to someone/thing else or pass it off like it's no big deal. And his POS defense attorney that's representing him for his piss test case isn't much better. Defense attornies are generally scum anyway.
About on the same level as prosecutors . . .

topscribe
07-12-2012, 01:06 PM

I'm sure you have seen a kernel of wheat. It's just a little thing, of no
consequence anywhere. And then you go and take a look at a granary full of
wheat. Those same little kernels, except they have all built up into a great big
pile.

None of D.J.'s offenses is very big by itself. But all these little offenses are
building up into a great big pile. The difference is, that pile of wheat has value.
D.J.'s pile may be hurting his value, IMO.

Cugel
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM

TOP, don't be naive. If Fox thought that Woodyard, Irving or Trevathan could do as good a job as D.J. he would have been gone LONG ago! And we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That's just the problem. Despite all the fans saying "cut him" the Broncos don't want to because he's talented and played well last season. And they don't have anyone else who can do his job as well.

Nate Irving has been a major disappointment so far and and Trevathan is a scrub.

Wesley Woodyard is the only guy they have who is even remotely adequate at WLB and he can't play all the time. Unless Irving makes a miraculous recovery this season they might need to sign a FA veteran off the waiver wire.

The fact that D.J. is still on the team and that they didn't make drafting or signing a FA LB a priority this off-season tells everything. They intend to keep D.J. and hope for the best, that he's not suspended for longer than 6 games.

They must have some info about what the suspension is likely to be. Remember that this information is new to US, but not new to the Broncos organization. They presumably knew what the league knew months ago -- prior to the draft and FA.

Yet here we are in July and they've done nothing.

So, either Fox is happy with Woodyard/Irving until D.J. returns, whenever that might be, or else they're planning to pick up a FA if one is released during training camp.

Probably the former.

Cugel
07-12-2012, 01:12 PM
None of D.J.'s offenses is very big by itself. But all these little offenses are building up into a great big pile. The difference is, that pile of wheat has value.
D.J.'s pile has all but destroyed his value, IMO.

In your opinion and in the opinion of a lot of Broncos fans, but NOT in John Fox's opinion or John Elway's opinion. Clearly, D.J. isn't going anywhere or he'd be long gone by now.

topscribe
07-12-2012, 01:16 PM
TOP, don't be naive. If Fox thought that Woodyard, Irving or Trevathan could do as good a job as D.J. he would have been gone LONG ago! And we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That's just the problem. Despite all the fans saying "cut him" the Broncos don't want to because he's talented and played well last season. And they don't have anyone else who can do his job as well.

Nate Irving has been a major disappointment so far and and Trevathan is a scrub.

Wesley Woodyard is the only guy they have who is even remotely adequate at WLB and he can't play all the time. Unless Irving makes a miraculous recovery this season they might need to sign a FA veteran off the waiver wire.

The fact that D.J. is still on the team and that they didn't make drafting or signing a FA LB a priority this off-season tells everything. They intend to keep D.J. and hope for the best, that he's not suspended for longer than 6 games.

They must have some info about what the suspension is likely to be. Remember that this information is new to US, but not new to the Broncos organization. They presumably knew what the league knew months ago -- prior to the draft and FA.

Yet here we are in July and they've done nothing.

So, either Fox is happy with Woodyard/Irving until D.J. returns, whenever that might be, or else they're planning to pick up a FA if one is released during training camp.

Probably the former.
No, Cug, I have held the same view as you express here. D.J. is the fourth
best football player on that defense, behind Champ, Von, and Doom, IMO.
Therefore, it would seem he has been viewed as almost indispensable. Almost.

That is why I said earlier that IF Woodyard, or Irving, or Trevathan does a
good job, D.J. just might be in line for a somewhat immediate trade somewhere.
But I'm with you that D.J.'s departure would otherwise leave a monstrous hole.
But I'm only considering possibilities. I'm not making any predictions.

In your opinion and in the opinion of a lot of Broncos fans, but NOT in John Fox's opinion or John Elway's opinion. Clearly, D.J. isn't going anywhere or he'd be long gone by now.

Yes, that may have been a bit too strong. I edited my post to mean more
closely to what I meant.

Chef Zambini
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
In your opinion and in the opinion of a lot of Broncos fans, but NOT in John Fox's opinion or John Elway's opinion. Clearly, D.J. isn't going anywhere or he'd be long gone by now.the broncos are compelled to wait for due process. I think DJ has already played his LAST GAME as a bronco !
..and i say good riddence ! maybe he will post his termination papers over the 'innernet"
I always liked DJ, but then I always liked joe paterno too.

rationalfan
07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm sure you have seen a kernel of wheat. It's just a little thing, of no
consequence anywhere. And then you go and take a look at a granary full of
wheat. Those same little kernels, except they have all built up into a great big
pile.

None of D.J.'s offenses is very big by itself. But all these little offenses are
building up into a great big pile. The difference is, that pile of wheat has value.
D.J.'s pile may be hurting his value, IMO.

i get your point, but have you seen wheat? ten, 12, 20 wheat kernels don't add up to anything of consequence. you need thousands of them to get something oppressive. sorry, the farm/ranch boy in me found the metaphor amusing.

as for the "play woodyard" rants, if it was that easy wouldn't he have been playing already?

i smell a waiver wire LB pickup at the end of training camp.

topscribe
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
i get your point, but have you seen wheat? ten, 12, 20 wheat kernels don't add up to anything of consequence. you need thousands of them to get something oppressive. sorry, the farm/ranch boy in me found the metaphor amusing.

as for the "play woodyard" rants, if it was that easy wouldn't he have been playing already?

i smell a waiver wire LB pickup at the end of training camp.
Son, I grew up on a northern Colorado wheat farm and cattle ranch.

Any further questions? :coffee:

G_Money
07-12-2012, 03:13 PM
As I have been saying for years, DJ is a freakin' moron and his play on the field has never lived up to his athletic talent because his brain is 3 sizes too small. Just let Woodyard start and ditch the bitch.

~G

topscribe
07-12-2012, 03:29 PM
. . . a DUI trial coming up in August!

Anyway you look at it, this guy is a big problem for the FO . . .

Ravage!!!
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Considering the problems DJ has been going through lately, I won't be surprised if he's released. However, there will definitely be a drop in talent at the LB position. Woodyard just is not the player DJ is. Seems Woodyard is some message board favorite, but I personally haven't seen anything from him that makes me believe he's more than a career back-up.

G_Money
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
DJ has a hefty part of his contract left and I don't see how the team can do anything with him. My guess is he will sit most or all of this year. He will be out next year via trade.

DJ is a free agent after 2013. He doesn't have any more bonuses owed to him, and it's after 6/1 so it doesn't even mess with his signing bonus to cut him - the part we spread out to next year will still hit next year's cap. Unless I misunderstand his contract, what's the harm in cutting him now? The NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts for just this reason.

Cut him. Why let him get training camp reps with the first team? Just chop him down like a cherry tree and get back to work.

~G

topscribe
07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Considering the problems DJ has been going through lately, I won't be surprised if he's released. However, there will definitely be a drop in talent at the LB position. Woodyard just is not the player DJ is. Seems Woodyard is some message board favorite, but I personally haven't seen anything from him that makes me believe he's more than a career back-up.
Woodyard is probably the best ST player the Broncos have. But that doesn't
mean he's a great LB. So therein lies the FO's dilemma . . .

Ravage!!!
07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
DJ is a free agent after 2013. He doesn't have any more bonuses owed to him, and it's after 6/1 so it doesn't even mess with his signing bonus to cut him - the part we spread out to next year will still hit next year's cap. Unless I misunderstand his contract, what's the harm in cutting him now? The NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts for just this reason.

Cut him. Why let him get training camp reps with the first team? Just chop him down like a cherry tree and get back to work.

~G

Because he's still the best LB outside of VonMiller on the roster.

Ravage!!!
07-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Woodyard is probably the best ST player the Broncos have. But that doesn't
mean he's a great LB. So therein lies the FO's dilemma . . .

Exactly. Wood is a very good ST's player. Much like Burns for a long time around here. He was a fan favorite, great guy, hard worker, and made a living from being good at Special Teams coverage. Which is what we should expect with woodyard.

G_Money
07-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Woodyard is a smarter player than DJ (not that that's hard) and just as fast - but not as big. Depending on what we want the Will to do under Del Rio that could be a concern, but do we really need DJ around to crash into more safeties and end their careers or tackle guys 7 yards downfield and do a little dance? Our big problem in cutting DJ is that we can't use Woody in a big nickel sort of situation when we pull Mays, since Joe can't cover anybody.

But it gets Woodyard starter reps (and when he was starting for DJ due to his injury was the drop off really that big?) and frees up practice time for Predator outside at Will where I think he might fit better anyway.

I just don't see the point in keeping DJ around, especially since he still might get suspended and be unable to help us for the first couple months ANYWAY. Doesn't make sense to me, so I must be missing something.

~G

G_Money
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Because he's still the best LB outside of VonMiller on the roster.

Who won't be available for 6 weeks if his appeal is denied, and might get suspended again for his dumbass second DUI. If a LB is on the roster but doesn't play, can he really help you?

~G

Ravage!!!
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
G, you arne't being realistic in your analysis of DJ. He's much better than Woodyard, and not NEARLY as bad as you are saying. He's not dynamic, but has absolutely been solid throughout his career. His lack of ability has been GREEATLY exaggerated by some on this board, and thus growing the "get rid of DJ" mantra that seems to grow from a couple bad seeds.

Woodyard just isn't the player DJ is, and never has been.

topscribe
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Who won't be available for 6 weeks if his appeal is denied, and might get suspended again for his dumbass second DUI. If a LB is on the roster but doesn't play, can he really help you?

~G
Yes, that's the problem. If he's convicted, that might be it for the year, anyway . . .

G_Money
07-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Then I'm gonna need you to explain to me why the defense didn't fall apart with Woodyard out there instead of DJ for several weeks in a row. Is DJ better? Yes, and their contract discrepancy (5.5 mil vs. 1.5 mil) speaks to that as well. He doesn't get caught up in trash like Wes does. Woodyard needs space to roam - he gets destroyed by OL or big backs who get their hands on him. But he's fine in pass coverage - DJ's not better there. He's fine in pursuit. DJ's not better there either.

DJ is better at getting through guys and he's a pretty solid tackler - but he reads plays late. He's there...late. DJ is a perfectly serviceable Will, better-than-average even. He's not tremendous, he's not amazing, and his plethora of tackles come mostly from being behind one of the worst DLs in history. Why would I want to pay him 5-6 million a year for that unless he's far and away better than the backup who will have to play ANYWAY when DJ's suspended?

I think Woodyard is 85-90% of DJ, with the bonus of being a good citizen, a team captain (only one of them has that C designation, and it's not DJ) and a vocal leader. *shrugs* I'll save the 4 mill in salary and use it on another piece. I wanted to use it on a better MLB, but no luck there...

~G

HORSEPOWER 56
07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
There may be another reason that DJ is still around. For some reason I think that one of the caveats to the new CBA had something to do with not being allowed to cut players based on drug or alcohol issues until civil matters are over with. They also have to ensure the player gets the required "treatment" for the issue.

Honestly, I doubt very strongly that Williams' play has Fox and Elway so enamored or that they have so little faith with any other LB that they feel they must put up with Williams' constant, chronic mental lapses. I have a feeling they are waiting for the DUI trial and drug suspension appeal to play themselves out before making the decision. You never know, Williams might be "innocent" of all the accusations and charges... :pound:

Seriously though if they are smart, which I think they are, they will take the appropriate action as soon as they know all the facts.

NightTerror218
07-12-2012, 04:01 PM
I think he should be traded to the Saints. They enough suspensions and what not that this year is going to be a write off for them.

Italianmobstr7
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I feel like this isn't really anything the FO didn't already know.. These are just the details of the failed drug test that he's been suspended for.

Cugel
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
the broncos are compelled to wait for due process. I think DJ has already played his LAST GAME as a bronco !
..and i say good riddence ! maybe he will post his termination papers over the 'innernet"
I always liked DJ, but then I always liked joe paterno too.

Why are the Broncos "compelled to wait for due process"?

They could have gotten rid of D.J. at the end of last season. They could have traded him at the beginning of FA back this winter.

They held onto him because they hope he won't be suspended longer than six games and because they don't have anyone better.

I suppose if he gets further suspended by the league (say a 1 year suspension) then they might release him at that point.

But, that's unlikely because any further suspension is likely to be announced by the league after his next DUI trial in August, i.e. sometime in September, which would put the date AFTER the 53 man roster is announced. At that point it would be difficult to find a replacement if they cut him.

And even if they wanted to wait to trade/waive him until this summer they STILL should have acquired his replacement as a backup plan and have that player on the roster.

The logical thing to do if the Broncos wanted to replace DJ would be to either go out in FA this winter and sign a veteran LB or else draft one in the top 3 rounds of the draft.

They didn't do either of these things. They COULD promote Wesley Woodyard permanently to take his place, but somehow I don't see that either.

Woodyard is pedestrian. A hard worker but no particular talent. I would presume they would bring in a veteran the way they did with FS Mike Adams when they wanted to replace Rahim Moore as a starter.

As I said, that they didn't do any of these things tells volumes. DJ is going to stay.

NightTerror218
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Why are the Broncos "compelled to wait for due process"?

They could have gotten rid of D.J. at the end of last season. They could have traded him at the beginning of FA back this winter.

They held onto him because they hope he won't be suspended longer than six games and because they don't have anyone better.

I suppose if he gets further suspended by the league (say a 1 year suspension) then they might release him at that point.

But, that's unlikely because any further suspension is likely to be announced by the league after his next DUI trial in August, i.e. sometime in September, which would put the date AFTER the 53 man roster is announced. At that point it would be difficult to find a replacement if they cut him.

And even if they wanted to wait to trade/waive him until this summer they STILL should have acquired his replacement as a backup plan and have that player on the roster.

The logical thing to do if the Broncos wanted to replace DJ would be to either go out in FA this winter and sign a veteran LB or else draft one in the top 3 rounds of the draft.

They didn't do either of these things. They COULD promote Wesley Woodyard permanently to take his place, but somehow I don't see that either.

Woodyard is pedestrian. A hard worker but no particular talent. I would presume they would bring in a veteran the way they did with FS Mike Adams when they wanted to replace Rahim Moore as a starter.

As I said, that they didn't do any of these things tells volumes. DJ is going to stay.

I read that you can not cut a player due to alcohol/drug related stuff now. As put in the CBA. I think it was article on denver post.

Tned
07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I've h had so muchj to d4ink rhat I ]went face first face into the parkatica at the hotel. ****,, it was hard parka, aka, cemenent. Feels like a mule kicked me in the ribs, and all I did was have a nice red wine with dinner....

TheReverend
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm far from a DJ Williams fan, but cutting DJ makes little sense.

IF he gets convicted and suspended for the season, we can recoup the $

IF he gets off and serves a light suspension (6 weeks or less), we can recoup a portion of the bonus and then use the games to evaluate younger talent like Trevathan and Woodyard's growth and have DJ as an insurance policy.

I've h had so muchj to d4ink rhat I ]went face first face into the parkatica at the hotel. ****,, it was hard parka, aka, cemenent. Feels like a mule kicked me in the ribs, and all I did was have a nice red wine with dinner....

What the shit! Haha.

Cugel
07-12-2012, 07:15 PM
I feel like this isn't really anything the FO didn't already know.. These are just the details of the failed drug test that he's been suspended for.

I made that point in a previous post but it got ignored. Elway presumably knew this months ago, probably when the league office first contacted the Broncos regarding the failed drug test. I believe that they let the team know immediately when a player has failed a test. So, they knew back in March during FA.

After all, this stems back to November 2010 when he first failed the drug test. He could have served the suspension in 2011, but chose to file suit in federal court in March. That suit was just dismissed.

So, really the Broncos have known for the past 2 years that DJ was in trouble with the league over performance enhancing drugs. And they knew since at least March that he failed more than one test and that the league accused him of trying to substitute non-human urine for testing.

Doesn't that seem like rather a long time to hold onto a troubled player if they don't intend to keep him?

Cugel
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I read that you can not cut a player due to alcohol/drug related stuff now. As put in the CBA. I think it was article on denver post.

Who's to say why they cut/trade a player? They can't come up with an excuse?

But, your point is irrelevant. Suppose they want to get rid of DJ but can't because of the CBA. What do they do?

Answer: they sign a veteran FA in March to replace him or draft one in the first few rounds of the draft. Then as soon as D.J.s suspension is announced they replace him on the roster.

They're not required to carry a player on the active roster all season if they don't want him on the team and he's being suspended by the league for the season (which is what would happen to DJ if he's convicted again for the 3rd time on his latest DUI).

But, the Broncos have NOT found his replacement, unless you think Wesley Woodyard is his replacement.

And if that's the case the Broncos are in big trouble. :coffee:

getlynched47
07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
DJ Williams is not human. End of discussion.

NightTerror218
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Who's to say why they cut/trade a player? They can't come up with an excuse?

But, your point is irrelevant. Suppose they want to get rid of DJ but can't because of the CBA. What do they do?

Answer: they sign a veteran FA in March to replace him or draft one in the first few rounds of the draft. Then as soon as D.J.s suspension is announced they replace him on the roster.

They're not required to carry a player on the active roster all season if they don't want him on the team and he's being suspended by the league for the season (which is what would happen to DJ if he's convicted again for the 3rd time on his latest DUI).

But, the Broncos have NOT found his replacement, unless you think Wesley Woodyard is his replacement.

And if that's the case the Broncos are in big trouble. :coffee:

You did not quite understand what I said and took it to left field. There could be a million reasons why he is still on the team: you reason, he is the best and irreplaceable; the CBA says you cant due to drugs/alcohol; thought he might win his law suit against league and list suspensions; could not find trade partner; thought 6 games was not long enough to trade him due to production; they could be waiting for the dust to settle to figure out what to do

Point is, it is all speculation and the more failed drug tests and law suits failing are all new to us. The failed law suits just happened what last month or something (being thrown out). So point is anything could happen. They spent little time with cox being cut.

topscribe
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
You're lucky Gooddell doesn't administrate over football message forums. :D

Cugel
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
You did not quite understand what I said and took it to left field. There could be a million reasons why he is still on the team: you reason, he is the best and irreplaceable; the CBA says you cant due to drugs/alcohol; thought he might win his law suit against league and list suspensions; could not find trade partner; thought 6 games was not long enough to trade him due to production; they could be waiting for the dust to settle to figure out what to do

Point is, it is all speculation and the more failed drug tests and law suits failing are all new to us. The failed law suits just happened what last month or something (being thrown out). So point is anything could happen. They spent little time with cox being cut.

Wrong.

Here's the CBA:

Section 6. NFL Drug and Steroid Policies: No Club may impose any discipline against a player, including but not limited to terminating the player’s Player Contract, as a result of that Player’s violation of the Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Sub-stances or the NFL Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse, or for failing any drug test, provided, however, that the fact that a player has violated the Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances or the NFL Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse, or has failed a drug test will not preclude the termination of his Player Contract if such termination is otherwise expressly permissible under this Agreement or the player’s Player Contract.

So, you can cut or trade a player if his contract contains a clause allowing you to cut/trade him for violating league drug testing.

Or they can suspend him for "conduct unbecoming" which amounts to the same thing.

In either case if they intended to do that they would have already signed his replacement.

Plus, while the details of Williams' violations of drug policy may be new to you, they are NOT new to the Broncos who have known about DJ's issues with the league since November 2010 and have known since March that he failed multiple drug tests.

igoe4broncos
07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
He's done. Get rid of his ass.

rationalfan
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
DJ's been through three head coaches, like, 57 d coordinators, multiple "criminal" offenses and a wave of fans' scorn. Something tells me he'll still be on the roster through this season.

tubby
07-12-2012, 11:37 PM
He bottles cat pee. :loser:

Canmore
07-12-2012, 11:38 PM

I thought it was a dachshund.

BroncoNut
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
DJ Williams is not human. End of discussion.

:lol:

BroncoNut
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM

is that what it was? cat pee?

MileHighCrew
07-13-2012, 10:18 AM
if you are going to cheat the system, be smart enough to use human pee.

chazoe60
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I would like to know how Woodyard, a STer and obviously less talented LBer than DJ :rolleyes: was able to lead the team in tackles?

If you haven't seen anything from Woodyard it's because you haven't watched close enough.

TheReverend
07-13-2012, 10:47 AM
is that what it was? cat pee?

Synthetic, I believe.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I would like to know how Woodyard, a STer and obviously less talented LBer than DJ :rolleyes: was able to lead the team in tackles?

If you haven't seen anything from Woodyard it's because you haven't watched close enough.

Yeah.. thats it.

TheReverend
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM

I agree, but he's also one of the bigger coverage liabilities.

chazoe60
07-13-2012, 11:15 AM
I agree, but he's also one of the bigger coverage liabilities.

I realize that, but it's not like DJ is some amazing asset in coverage.

MOtorboat
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Woodyard had seven more tackles in three more games. Williams also had 5.5 sacks, as well.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking there's not a drop off in play at linebacker when Williams isn't on the field. He's a knucklehead, a moron, an idiot, whatever...he's also the best pure linebacker on the team (Miller's strength remains as a rusher).

TheReverend
07-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I realize that, but it's not like DJ is some amazing asset in coverage.

You'll never see me saying he is.

Frankly, all of them blow when it comes cutting off passing lanes and especially getting the ******* ball.

Our LB INT and PD #s over the past half decade are embarrassing.

Chef Zambini
07-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Just read this on the Denver Post. What a tool. When is Denver going to cut him?as soon as the legal system plays out !

Cugel
07-13-2012, 04:52 PM
DJ's been through three head coaches, like, 57 d coordinators, multiple "criminal" offenses and a wave of fans' scorn. Something tells me he'll still be on the roster through this season.

Obviously you're right and all the fans who keep screaming for his head are wrong. :coffee:

Those same idiot fans would be howling for blood "why can't the Broncos stop anybody from running the ball? Why can't they cover the TE over the middle of the field?" come November if DJ is cut.

He's head and shoulders above any other Denver LB other than Von Miller. That's why he's going to stay unless they sign a FA in the next month, which doesn't look likely. If they were going to get rid of him, his replacement would already be on the team. But, he's not.

Teams telegraph their intentions by signing or drafting players to replace the players they want to get rid of. The Broncos have done this at several positions (QB, S, CB, TE, WR, DT), but NOT LB. Think they Broncos are happy with Knowshon Moreno? They drafted Hillman who is a similar player to take his place.

Think the Broncos are happy with Rahim Moore? They signed Mike Adams to take his starting job and are paying him $4 million a year. Then they paid Joe Mays a new $4 million contract, which doesn't say a lot for their opinion of Nate Irving. They re-signed Ryan Harris in case Orlando Franklin or Zane Beadles doesn't wake up.

But, they didn't do it with D.J.

You might think that would be conclusive but 10% of fans never get a clue.

Chef Zambini
07-17-2012, 12:41 AM
telling DJ he needs to learn to play a different position?
no clue there?
I think its DJ who doesnt have a clue. not having his replacement is a seperate issue.
and even if the broncos love DJ unconditionally, that wont help him get his suspended ass on the field !
not only did he fail his drug test, he tried to circumvent them ! and his legal battles aren't going away either !
I seriously doubt he wears a bronco uniform in a regular season game this year.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
honestly dont even wanna talk about this guy anymore, can we just trade him...

im assuming that he altered the tests for roids and not marijuana

Timmy!
07-17-2012, 05:36 AM
So......6=16. Yay for new math......

Davii
07-17-2012, 11:03 AM
honestly dont even wanna talk about this guy anymore, can we just trade him...

im assuming that he altered the tests for roids and not marijuana

Why would you make that assumption and why would it matter? Illegal = Illegal

MOtorboat
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Not to argue the point, which is that both are illegal, but one is a conduct issue and the other is a cheating issue. I believe they fall into two separate punishment scales.

TheReverend
07-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Not to argue the point, which is that both are illegal, but one is a conduct issue and the other is a cheating issue. I believe they fall into two separate punishment scales.

Eh. They should both be legal. Both have some pretty big soceital upside if properly regulated.

underrated29
07-17-2012, 01:08 PM
dj will be on the team. You can guarantee it.

ShaneFalco
07-17-2012, 06:20 PM

so when phelps won 8 gold medals.. do u think it was because he smoked "performance enchancing marijuana" lol

The difference is one hinders your performance under the influence but is usefull medically for pain, the other basically turns you into a athletic machine with small testicles.

Woodyard had seven more tackles in three more games. Williams also had 5.5 sacks, as well.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking there's not a drop off in play at linebacker when Williams isn't on the field. He's a knucklehead, a moron, an idiot, whatever...he's also the best pure linebacker on the team (Miller's strength remains as a rusher).
ya i agree, woodyard should be starting

nyuk nyuk
07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
God help us, the Greek is implicated. That's pretty serious... But at least we aren't the Nittany Lions!

nyuk nyuk
07-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Also, kinda incriminating towards our trainer... probably why we really replaced Tuten

Good point.

ShaneFalco
07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Good point.

lol nice avatar pic

TheReverend
07-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm regretting not titling the thread "DJ Williams Accused of Manipulating 3x as many Urine Tests as the outcome of professional football games"

Simple Jaded
07-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm regretting not titling the thread "DJ Williams Accused of Manipulating 3x as many Urine Tests as the outcome of professional football games"
I suppose you're suggesting that Williams never effected the outcome of an NFL game?.......

TheReverend
07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I suppose you're suggesting that Williams never effected the outcome of an NFL game?.......

It's literally saying one, but yes, suggesting no real impact of consequence.

Simple Jaded
07-19-2012, 06:59 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how fans deify garbage players and wipe their ass with legitimate players.......

TheReverend
07-19-2012, 07:06 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how fans deify garbage players and wipe their ass with legitimate players.......

Define "legitimate"?

"Playmaking" linebackers with damn no plays really made. He can shoot a gap up the middle to the QB in between blocking assignments but any single player on the team could've done the same. 2 picks in his entire career (both off tipped balls, btw) is sad.

Quite frankly, all-pro/pro bowl line backers make more plays in a season than DJ has in an eight year career.

DJ's an "okay" player and nothing to lament if ties need to be severed.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Define "legitimate"?

"Playmaking" linebackers with damn no plays really made. He can shoot a gap up the middle to the QB in between blocking assignments but any single player on the team could've done the same. 2 picks in his entire career (both off tipped balls, btw) is sad.

Quite frankly, all-pro/pro bowl line backers make more plays in a season than DJ has in an eight year career.

DJ's an "okay" player and nothing to lament if ties need to be severed.Who ever said he was a ProBowler?

I said he was a legitimate player, which is an 8 year starting LB who contributes game in/game out. Scrubs like Woodyard and Winborn have come and gone while Williams has locked down a starting position since Day1. You go ahead and lament the loss of your pathetic 3rd stringers but when Williams is gone you and I both know they'll be replacing a legitimate F'n player.

Btw, John Mobley had a grand total of 5 Int's in 8 seasons, they can't all be All-Pro and ProBowlers. This isn't Madden football.......

TheReverend
07-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Who ever said he was a ProBowler?

No one. EVER. That's kinda the whole point. Thanks for summing it up for me so eloquently.

I said he was a legitimate player, which is an 8 year starting LB who contributes game in/game out. Scrubs like Woodyard and Winborn have come and gone while Williams has locked down a starting position since Day1. You go ahead and lament the loss of your pathetic 3rd stringers but when Williams is gone you and I both know they'll be replacing a legitimate F'n player.

Woodyard has gone?

Btw, John Mobley had a grand total of 5 Int's in 8 seasons, they can't all be All-Pro and ProBowlers. This isn't Madden football.......

That's a 2.5x more than DJ over the same time span...

I'm impressed at your ability to write 3 paragraphs on a topic and yet make zero points in your post. Bravo, sir.

Simple Jaded
07-20-2012, 09:25 PM
No one. EVER. That's kinda the whole point. Thanks for summing it up for me so eloquently.

Woodyard has gone?

That's a 2.5x more than DJ over the same time span...

I'm impressed at your ability to write 3 paragraphs on a topic and yet make zero points in your post. Bravo, sir.

And I'm impressed with your ability to competely diminish the contributions of LB's like Mobley/Williams without actually saying F'n thing. You're the one comparing them to All-Pro/ProBowlers, they can't all be the best at their positions.......

TheReverend
07-21-2012, 10:32 AM
And I'm impressed with your ability to competely diminish the contributions of LB's like Mobley/Williams without actually saying F'n thing. You're the one comparing them to All-Pro/ProBowlers, they can't all be the best at their positions.......

Go ahead and quote where I ever diminished John Mobley's contributions? In fact, I just pointed out that over the same time span he more than doubled DJ in a category.

But reading comprehension isn't your thing, huh?

Simple Jaded
07-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Go ahead and quote where I ever diminished John Mobley's contributions? In fact, I just pointed out that over the same time span he more than doubled DJ in a category.

But reading comprehension isn't your thing, huh?Oh, the dreaded "reading and comprehension" dig? Well played! Ya almost never see that on the internet.

They're basically the same LB, right down to their DUI's, by diminishing Williams you diminish every LB like him. Point of fact, Williams gets the edge in size, durability, versatility and production. Mobley "more than doubles" Williams in int's (Int's, huh? Just where the criteria for judging LB's begins and ends, right Kiper? 3 more picks in 8 seasons, wow) but Williams has him beat in tackles, sacks, forced fumbles, Williams buries him in passes defensed and they're tied in fumble recoveries.

You've managed to diminish the overall contributions of an NFL LB by whittling the Gold Standard down to Int's and ProBowls, well done dude! When you make it that simple for the rest of us simpletons who really needs reading and comprehension anyway? Am I right? Unless they intercept passes and make ProBowls who needs 'em!

Salute.......

silkamilkamonico
07-22-2012, 12:51 AM
DJ is arguably the best all around LB in the NFL. What other LB has played all 4 LB positions for extended periods of time in their 8 year career?

Not to mention, he's the best LB we have on our roster, and with the exception of the explosive pass rushing ability of Von Miller, it isn't even an argument.

Chef Zambini
07-23-2012, 01:35 AM
none of that talent or experience is going to matter during his suspension.
I will be making as big a contribution as DJ.