PDA

View Full Version : Your top 10 favorite Vampire movies.

MOtorboat
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Inspired by another thread.

1. Bram Stoker's Dracula
2. Blade
3. John Carpenter's Vampires
4. Interview with a Vampire
5. From Dusk Til Dawn
6. Underworld
7. Fright Night
8. Blade Trinity
9. Salem's Lot
10. Van Helsing

Northman
07-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Hmmm, lets see.

1. Bram Stoker's Dracula
2. From Dusk til Dawn
3. Queen of the Damned
4. Lost Boys
5. Dracula 2000
6. Vampires (John Carpenter)
7. Salem's Lot
8. Near Dark
9. Interview with a Vampire
10. Blade 1,2, and 3./Underworld 1,2, and 3

MOtorboat
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I have not seen Near Dark, but it has just been placed on my netflix, and I've never really sat down and actually watched Lost Boys in one piece (I've seen the whole movie, but every time its been in bits and pieces).

Lumping Blade 1, 2 and 3 together is a crime. Lumping Blade 2 and Trinity together...ok...but the original Blade is SO much better than the second two, imo.

Northman
07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
I have not seen Near Dark, but it has just been placed on my netflix, and I've never really sat down and actually watched Lost Boys in one piece (I've seen the whole movie, but every time its been in bits and pieces).

Lumping Blade 1, 2 and 3 together is a crime. Lumping Blade 2 and Trinity together...ok...but the original Blade is SO much better than the second two, imo.

I agree, but because i wanted to include them all in my top 10 i was limited. :lol:

MOtorboat
07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I agree, but because i wanted to include them all in my top 10 i was limited. :lol:

Don't get me wrong...I love all three, but the original Blade is the best. Second best is Blade Trinity, but only because I'm a huge fan of...Ryan Reynolds (you thought I was going to say Jessica Biel in leather, didn't you...).

Blade 2 was just OK.

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM
No particular order:

1. Fright Night
2. Interview with the Vampire
3. From Dusk til Dawn
4. Blade II
5. Nightbreed
6. Lost Boys
7. Nosferatu (1922)
8. Dracula (1931)
9. Bram Stokers Dracula
10. Near Dark

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Don't get me wrong...I love all three, but the original Blade is the best. Second best is Blade Trinity, but only because I'm a huge fan of...Ryan Reynolds (you thought I was going to say Jessica Biel in leather, didn't you...).

Blade 2 was just OK.

I liked all 3 Blades, too, but part 2 was my personal favorite. It was directed by Guillermo Del Toro (sp?) who also did Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth.

EDIT: My favorite all time from my list is a three way tie between From Dusk til Dawn, Fright Night, and Lost Boys.

MOtorboat
07-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I liked all 3 Blades, too, but part 2 was my personal favorite. It was directed by Guillermo Del Toro (sp?) who also did Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth.

EDIT: My favorite all time from my list is a three way tie between From Dusk til Dawn, Fright Night, and Lost Boys.

OK was meant in relative context...yes, all damn good movies. From Dusk til Dawn is brilliant. Fright Night and Lost Boys are OK. Mostly Fright Night is on that list because it was the first real gory movie I ever saw, at a friend's birthday party in third grade. My parents weren't to thrilled about that, lol.

Northman
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM

Blade 2 was just OK.

Actually, Jessica was awesome but your right. Reynolds stole the show and his one liners are some of the best quotes ever in a movie. He's the man. :beer:

Northman
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM

Dude, i just saw Pan's Labyrinth the other night and man is that movie weird.

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM
OK was meant in relative context...yes, all damn good movies. From Dusk til Dawn is brilliant. Fright Night and Lost Boys are OK. Mostly Fright Night is on that list because it was the first real gory movie I ever saw, at a friend's birthday party in third grade. My parents weren't to thrilled about that, lol.

Oh, I know! Fright Night and Lost Boys are just favorites for sentimental value, not so much because they are better than Noseferatu or the original Dracula! :lol:

Simple Jaded
07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't have 10 favorite, but anything with Kate Beckinsale in tight leather is worth watching.......

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't have 10 favorite, but anything with Kate Beckinsale in tight leather is worth watching.......

Yeah, 10 favorite of anything is hard. My list is more 10 I've seen that I've enjoyed.

MOtorboat
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Vampires: Los Muertos is totally underrated. And Jon Bon Jovi was actually pretty good in it.

Zweems56
07-06-2009, 02:50 PM
In my opinion, 90+% of vampire movies are cheesy as hell. Bram stoker's Dracula is good, the original Dusk till dawn was good, and the only other one that I think could be listed with a clear conscience is Dracula, Dead and Loving It. I almost forgot the king of all vampire moves though. Nosferatu.
http://waxingpoetically.today.com/files/2009/04/00nosferatu.jpg

I've also been looking to watch Shadow of the Vampire, but I always forget. Also don't have netflix.

Northman
07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
In my opinion, 90+% of vampire movies are cheesy as hell. Bram stoker's Dracula is good, the original Dusk till dawn was good, and the only other one that I think could be listed with a clear conscience is Dracula, Dead and Loving It. I almost forgot the king of all vampire moves though. Nosferatu.
http://waxingpoetically.today.com/files/2009/04/00nosferatu.jpg

I've also been looking to watch Shadow of the Vampire, but I always forget. Also don't have netflix.

Shadow was actually pretty damn good. Very clever spin on it.

atwater27
07-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I am digging all of your guy's vampire movie lists. Love Blade especially.

Just want everyone to know, you need to watch "Let the Right One In".
Just do it. It has instantly jumped up to my top 2 or 3 vampire movies ever. And it is definitely the most original.

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I am digging all of your guy's vampire movie lists. Love Blade especially.

Just want everyone to know, you need to watch "Let the Right One In".
Just do it. It has instantly jumped up to my top 2 or 3 vampire movies ever. And it is definitely the most original.

Damn, I just saw that and completely forgot. That is a great movie.:salute:

girler
07-06-2009, 08:43 PM
The only vampire movie I really liked was Van Helsing. And that was still totally cheesy. I enjoyed Twilight but I don't really count that one as a vampire movie. I couldn't finish Bram Stoker's Dracula, though I've tried a few times. Interview with a Vampire bores the tears out of me- though I do enjoy Brad Pitt with long hair. Lost Boys was a cool make out movie in the 80's. I "saw" it at a drive in. :laugh:

So far, no one has made a vampire movie without cheese. No offense to you, Ms. Cheese.

Though the one called "Vampire's Kiss" or maybe "Kiss of the Vampire" with Nicolas Cage from the late 80's is so horrible it's awesome. :lol:

EDIT: I am such a dork. :doh: :smack:<---me :lol:

My FAVORITE vampire movie is Dracula 2000. I'd follow that Dracula ANYWHERE. :drool:

Northman
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
The only vampire movie I really liked was Van Helsing. And that was still totally cheesy. I enjoyed Twilight but I don't really count that one as a vampire movie. I couldn't finish Bram Stoker's Dracula, though I've tried a few times. Interview with a Vampire bores the tears out of me- though I do enjoy Brad Pitt with long hair. Lost Boys was a cool make out movie in the 80's. I "saw" it at a drive in. :laugh:

So far, no one has made a vampire movie without cheese. No offense to you, Ms. Cheese.

Though the one called "Vampire's Kiss" or maybe "Kiss of the Vampire" with Nicolas Cage from the late 80's is so horrible it's awesome. :lol:

EDIT: I am such a dork. :doh: :smack:<---me :lol:

My FAVORITE vampire movie is Dracula 2000. I'd follow that Dracula ANYWHERE. :drool:

Who knew that Dracula was from Sparta. :lol:

Devilspawn
07-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't care much for Vampire flicks, and I had to edit to take The Howling off this list. So now I'm stuck at only 9 flicks.

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Van Helsing
Underworld
Blade
From Dusk Til Dawn
Dracula Dead And Loving It
Vampire Hunter D
The Night Stalker
Love At First Bite
?

MOtorboat
07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I sat down and watched most of 30 Days of Night last night. I bought it a while ago and just finally watched most of it. I'll finish it tonight probably. Any thoughts on that one?

MOtorboat
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I couldn't finish Bram Stoker's Dracula, though I've tried a few times.

Fail.

Click.

Broncospsycho77
07-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Young Frankenstein.

Buff
07-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I couldn't name 5, much less have a favorite 10...

From Dusk Til Dawn was cool though.

underrated29
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I couldn't name 5, much less have a favorite 10...

From Dusk Til Dawn was cool though.

Im with you buff. I cant name that many...

I will name the movies i have seen with vampires

brams dracula
dracula dead and loving it
queen of the damned
blade
twilight
wasnt eddie murphy in a vampire movie?
interview with vampire
van helsing
30 days on night
dusk til dawns--bad ass movies
vampire movie with bon jovi

sneakers
07-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Once again as with zombie movies, vampire novels (not the absolute bull shit vampires falling in love crap that is all the rage these days) are better than vampire movies.

Dracula is absolutely terrifying even though it was written like 115 years ago, and 'Salem's Lot is almost as good.

One of the worst Vampire movies I have ever seen was 30 days of nights....that was terrible. Dracula 2000 was better than that pile of poo. Hell, I bet Blacula is better than 30DON.

http://alertageral.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/poster-blacula.jpg

chanesaw
07-09-2009, 03:40 PM
After reading some of your lists I watched Nosferatu and Let the Right One In. Both were great movies. I didn't think I would like a movie without words spoken, but Nosferatu was really good the way it is. LTROI was unlike any other vampire movie I have ever seen, and I thought it was great. I have Near Dark on my Netflix.

Thanks for the suggestions.

underrated29
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I sat down and watched most of 30 Days of Night last night. I bought it a while ago and just finally watched most of it. I'll finish it tonight probably. Any thoughts on that one?

eh it was ok.... Not a movie i will probably really watch again.

One thing though, and i am weird like this. The girl vampire, for some reason her face really really freaks me out. I cant stand looking at her face. I mean the movie isnt scary, and the other vampires are not scary, but her face really just messes with me.

:tsk: I know, i am a loser.

MOtorboat
07-09-2009, 04:15 PM
eh it was ok.... Not a movie i will probably really watch again.

One thing though, and i am weird like this. The girl vampire, for some reason her face really really freaks me out. I cant stand looking at her face. I mean the movie isnt scary, and the other vampires are not scary, but her face really just messes with me.

:tsk: I know, i am a loser.

I have a propensity to get distracted, and I did, but did they ever quite explain what freakin' language they were speaking and where the hell they came from?

underrated29
07-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I dont believe so. I didnt give the movie my full attention either. I think they were vampires just hibernating during the summer and coming out in the winter....not sure...

And its definitly not worth looking up.

MOtorboat
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I dont believe so. I didnt give the movie my full attention either. I think they were vampires just hibernating during the summer and coming out in the winter....not sure...

And its definitly not worth looking up.

I kind of liked it, but I didn't get that part.