PDA

View Full Version : 2012 power rankings

WARHORSE
07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Ok. Heres my power rankings, feel free to crack, critique and cackle.

1. GreenBay-They were the best team except on the day they played the Giants in the playoffs. Key additions came on the defensive side via draft.
2. New England-I hate em. Brady has a deep threat in Brandon Lloyd to go with the TTTes. (two terrorizing tight ends)
3. Giants-Fresh legs, along with foundational stability in coaching. Defense wins the day.
4. 49ers-Hate em. But the defense will be even meaner with Smith in second year, and addition of Moss.
5. Houston- I think Kubes got em on the brink. Their defense was young last year still....theyre coming together, and if Schaub and Johnson stay healthy..best run game in the league imo.
6. Denver- Peyton Manning. If healthy, there is no more explanation needed. You'll see.
7. Chicago- Brandon will make a huge difference. Cutler throwing to that huge target, along with the defense? They will be good.
8. Philadelphia - On paper...real good. Vick stays healthy, theyre in the playoffs.
9. New Orleans- This team could drop dramatically with all the hoopla going on. If they dont sign Brees longterm, the absence of Payton is going to be substantial.
10. Dallas- Remember DeMarco Murray? He'll be back. They shored up the secondary. They could be going places...but not THE place as long as Romo is pulling the trigger there.
11. Detroit- I think the Lions take the next step. Calvin and Stafford are going to go gonzo, and the defense is going to have more consistency. Defense gave up too many pts last year.
12.Pittsburg. As long as the LeBeau defense is in Pittsburg.....
13. Baltimore-Suggs is gone. Lewis old. Lost on the Oline. Flacco is not a killer. But Ngata is still there, and Harbaugh is underated.
14. NY Jets- If Hill turns out to be anything as a WR...lookout. Tebow will get a fair amount of time on the field. He plays exactly the style that Ryan loves. Smashmouthed and unpredictable.]
15. Kansas City- With Berry back and Jamaal Charles, the chefs are on the brink of being very good. The defense could turn the corner this year, and with that run game(Hillis), tough to beat in spite of Cassell.
16. Washington- Shanahan will know what to do with RG. His playmaking will win them games other QBs would lose.
17.Atlanta- This team could go 11-5 or 6-10 easily. They just dont have what they think they do: an elite QB in Ryan.
18. San Diego- Theyre about to find out Ryan is good but will make the mistakes to cost them, and Jackson was worth the money for them.
19. Cincinnati- Middle of the pack. Could upset some people, but too much change year in and year out. Theyre the Bungles, what can I say.
20. Carolina- Cam will be dynamic, but he still doesnt have enough help.
21. Tampa Bay- This new coach along with a RB that can do it all will go far in helping them out. But Josh hasnt shown enough to warrant a higher rank.
22. Oakland- Allen needs more to work with. But he doesnt have it. Hes a very good coach imo, and will bring the silver and turd back up the rankings.
23. Minnesota- Jared Allen and AP are still there. Ponder is smart and will play better.
24. Buffalo- For all the new pieces on d, Gailey wont know what to do with it.
25. Cleveland- Trent Richardson will run the rock. That is all.
26. St. Louis- Fisher is looking at a three year plan guaranteed. How else do you explain no DC? They still need WRs.
27. Tennessee-Will step back.
28. Seattle- Carroll will once again prove hes not an NFL caliber coach.
29. Indianapolis- Luck will be learning.
30. Arizona- Crap. We made a mistake trading for Kolb.
31. Jacksonville- QB is a farce. The sooner theyre willing to admit drafting Blaine the sooner they start uphill.
32. Miami- They keep beating themselves, starting with the ownership.

Spank away.

vandammage13
07-11-2012, 04:37 PM
No way Miami is the worst team, their Defense is too good to finish last...They'll probably be in the 17-23 range IMO.

I think you have us rated a little too high as well...I'd put us right around 10.

I see Carolina and Cam flopping big time this year...But I believe it will be the Colts finishing last again.

NightTerror218
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Ok. Heres my power rankings, feel free to crack, critique and cackle.

1. GreenBay-They were the best team except on the day they played the Giants in the playoffs. Key additions came on the defensive side via draft.
2. New England-I hate em. Brady has a deep threat in Brandon Lloyd to go with the TTTes. (two terrorizing tight ends)
3. Giants-Fresh legs, along with foundational stability in coaching. Defense wins the day.
4. 49ers-Hate em. But the defense will be even meaner with Smith in second year, and addition of Moss.
5. Houston- I think Kubes got em on the brink. Their defense was young last year still....theyre coming together, and if Schaub and Johnson stay healthy..best run game in the league imo.
6. Denver- Peyton Manning. If healthy, there is no more explanation needed. You'll see.
7. Chicago- Brandon will make a huge difference. Cutler throwing to that huge target, along with the defense? They will be good.
8. Philadelphia - On paper...real good. Vick stays healthy, theyre in the playoffs.
9. New Orleans- This team could drop dramatically with all the hoopla going on. If they dont sign Brees longterm, the absence of Payton is going to be substantial.
10. Dallas- Remember DeMarco Murray? He'll be back. They shored up the secondary. They could be going places...but not THE place as long as Romo is pulling the trigger there.
11. Detroit- I think the Lions take the next step. Calvin and Stafford are going to go gonzo, and the defense is going to have more consistency. Defense gave up too many pts last year.
12.Pittsburg. As long as the LeBeau defense is in Pittsburg.....
13. Baltimore-Suggs is gone. Lewis old. Lost on the Oline. Flacco is not a killer. But Ngata is still there, and Harbaugh is underated.
14. NY Jets- If Hill turns out to be anything as a WR...lookout. Tebow will get a fair amount of time on the field. He plays exactly the style that Ryan loves. Smashmouthed and unpredictable.]
15. Kansas City- With Berry back and Jamaal Charles, the chefs are on the brink of being very good. The defense could turn the corner this year, and with that run game(Hillis), tough to beat in spite of Cassell.
16. Washington- Shanahan will know what to do with RG. His playmaking will win them games other QBs would lose.
17.Atlanta- This team could go 11-5 or 6-10 easily. They just dont have what they think they do: an elite QB in Ryan.
18. San Diego- Theyre about to find out Ryan is good but will make the mistakes to cost them, and Jackson was worth the money for them.
19. Cincinnati- Middle of the pack. Could upset some people, but too much change year in and year out. Theyre the Bungles, what can I say.
20. Carolina- Cam will be dynamic, but he still doesnt have enough help.
21. Tampa Bay- This new coach along with a RB that can do it all will go far in helping them out. But Josh hasnt shown enough to warrant a higher rank.
22. Oakland- Allen needs more to work with. But he doesnt have it. Hes a very good coach imo, and will bring the silver and turd back up the rankings.
23. Minnesota- Jared Allen and AP are still there. Ponder is smart and will play better.
24. Buffalo- For all the new pieces on d, Gailey wont know what to do with it.
25. Cleveland- Trent Richardson will run the rock. That is all.
26. St. Louis- Fisher is looking at a three year plan guaranteed. How else do you explain no DC? They still need WRs.
27. Tennessee-Will step back.
28. Seattle- Carroll will once again prove hes not an NFL caliber coach.
29. Indianapolis- Luck will be learning.
30. Arizona- Crap. We made a mistake trading for Kolb.
31. Jacksonville- QB is a farce. The sooner theyre willing to admit drafting Blaine the sooner they start uphill.
32. Miami- They keep beating themselves, starting with the ownership.

Spank away.

I think Miami, Buffalo will be higher. Miami has a solid defense. They have their new QB. They came on at the end of last season I believe. THey were close in many games. Buffalo I think should be much higher they started off great last season and were wrecked with injuries. They added some huge players like Super Mario to the defense.

I think Min, dallas, Oakland will lower. I would put Tampa above Carolina. Dallas is going down hill. Oakland is going to face plant without Bush. They are not a great team and their best DT is getting pretty damn old. Minn is a horrible team who lack of talent. Percy is unhappy and can not do everything. AP is coming off huge injury. Their defense is bad now. I think Tampa Bay is going to be better then season also. Carolina is going to be a rushing team of course. Cam is no longer a secret, they will attack him and contain his rushing. He is a lot worse of a QB without Smith. I think that will show with Champ locks up Smith and removes him from game.

I would swap Cincy and Jets. Jets are a mess and Cincy was good last year with a young team.

WARHORSE
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Miami has problems at QB big time. I think Tannehill will struggle early on. The fans will be booing from game one. The defense will be on the field too long, and the offense sitting on the sidelines sipping margaritas.

I think Buffalo could indeed end up higher with Mario and Dareus, but I dont think theyll gel until later.

Cincy could play well, but I dont believe in Dalton that much. AJ Green is the real deal.

MileHighCrew
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I like Seattle more than you do, I see them mid pack, besides that good rankings on a slow sports day :salute:

Northman
07-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Miami may have defense, but they have no WR's.

Cant really argue with the list. You could probably interchange a few of them up and down and it wouldnt matter much but i do think Denver will be in the thick of it this year bar any major injury.

Dzone
07-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Tebow will have the Jets #1 in the TV ratings battle

Simple Jaded
07-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Buffalo, Cleveland, TB and StL are my sleepers, especially the Rams over the next few seasons with the ransom they got from Washington.

Tennessee is way too low, imo.......

Cugel
07-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't underrate Buffalo. They looked pretty good in beating up on the Broncos last year and nothing much has changed. No way they are in the bottom 10-12. They could push the Pats for the division title, although I'd be shocked to see them win it.

Ravens are still better than most of the teams in the AFC. Flacco may not be their answer though. They will go as far as he can take them. I'd put him in the same category as Tony Romo, good but not good enough to ever win a championship.

Texans are potentially in the AFC Championship game this season. Last year when Schaub got hurt they were lost. Almost no team can survive loss of it's starting QB for the season. So, I'd agree they're top 5.

Raiders. It's hard to see them going anywhere with the elderly Carson Palmer at QB. Unless he finds the fountain of youth I see them finishing last in the division.

San Diego. They've lost a lot of elite talent that hasn't been replaced and Norv Turner and AJ Smith are now on the hot seat. Either or both could be gone next year unless the Chargers start winning again. They are wasting Phillip River's entire career with mediocre talent. Losing Vincent Jackson and Darren Sproles in recent years hasn't helped.

I think KC could be in the playoffs this year. They are solid at almost every position and they are getting Jamaal Charles back. He was a key loss last year. You can win in the regular season in the NFL without and elite QB, but once you get to the playoffs you tend to be facing Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, etc.

If you have Matt Cassel and they have Tom Brady or even Joe Flacco, that's not good.