PDA

View Full Version : BRONCOS Run game

Chef Zambini
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dont-discount-broncos-run-game-160016773--nfl.html
Fwi, a good article without my input.

NightTerror218
07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
IMO we could see same carries per game for the RBs and take the number of passes and Tebow rushes and that could be the number of Manning passes. That is almost 55/45 or something in favor of passing. Like the Steelers game 21 passes, 10 rushes for Tebow out of 34 total rushes. So 31 passes and 24 rushes. 56/44 and I would be happy with that distribution of play calling.

vandammage13
07-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty sure YPC is going to go down.

Don't see McGahee having a repeat year...maybe the new guy will show us something.

NightTerror218
07-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure YPC is going to go down.

Don't see McGahee having a repeat year...maybe the new guy will show us something.

I do think they will go down. There will be less guys in the box, and McGahee ran over a lot of people last year. But with Franklin with a year under his belt I will love to see him moving down field blocking for our RBs and plowing some huge holes. I cant wait to see our offense in the field. I am excited about how it is and what Fox/Elway have done to improve.

vandammage13
07-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I do think they will go down. There will be less guys in the box, and McGahee ran over a lot of people last year. But with Franklin with a year under his belt I will love to see him moving down field blocking for our RBs and plowing some huge holes. I cant wait to see our offense in the field. I am excited about how it is and what Fox/Elway have done to improve.

Perhaps....we will see.

Even though there will be less guys in the box, last year at least one guy was responsible for QB contain, so I think it will even out since the QB is no longer accounted for.

Dzone
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Pulling for Fannin to come on strong in camp

Simple Jaded
07-12-2012, 01:41 AM
IMO we could see same carries per game for the RBs and take the number of passes and Tebow rushes and that could be the number of Manning passes. That is almost 55/45 or something in favor of passing. Like the Steelers game 21 passes, 10 rushes for Tebow out of 34 total rushes. So 31 passes and 24 rushes. 56/44 and I would be happy with that distribution of play calling.
The thought of a 55/45 ratio gives me a chub that cat couldn't scratch, I think it's gonna be closer to/over 60% passing tho.......

Chef Zambini
07-12-2012, 10:03 AM
as long as a W is at the end of the game, I dont care what the mix is !
I think we will run enough to keep the defense honest !
Our best backs, the ones that will get the most time on the field, are the ones that can pick-up the blitz, block and catch passes !
I hope hillman is yet another distiguished member of the RB club with roots in san diego !
TD
faulk
LT sproles,turner
lets hope hillman can earn a spot on that list !

xzn
07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
The Law of Averages alone gives Knowshon a shot at being healthy... I know, it sounds hard to believe, but it's not inconceivable. As the article showed, when playing Moreno averaged 4.8 p/c and that doesn't suck. Also he's easily the best receiving threat, compared to Willis & Ronnie.

I picture McGahee & Hillman being the One/Two Punch and KM in the 3rd Down back role. It'd be nice if Fannin made himself uncuttable...

NightTerror218
07-12-2012, 11:37 AM
The Law of Averages alone gives Knowshon a shot at being healthy... I know, it sounds hard to believe, but it's not inconceivable. As the article showed, when playing Moreno averaged 4.8 p/c and that doesn't suck. Also he's easily the best receiving threat, compared to Willis & Ronnie.

I picture McGahee & Hillman being the One/Two Punch and KM in the 3rd Down back role. It'd be nice if Fannin made himself uncuttable...

But with all his runs, I think most of the them were around the edge and not up the middle. IMO he is best as a 3rd down back. he is at his best in open space with his speed.

xzn
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
But with all his runs, I think most of the them were around the edge and not up the middle. IMO he is best as a 3rd down back. he is at his best in open space with his speed.

KM aint really "fast", but he IS shifty, deceptively powerful in one on one open-field situations, and other than straight line speed generally has an excellent skill set.

As I said, I agree that he is ideally suited for 3rd Down back responsibilities if he can just shake the string of bad luck with injuries. IDK why people get all butt hurt about him, aside from the DUI, he hasn't really done anything else wrong other than suffer bad luck.

Chef Zambini
07-12-2012, 11:41 PM
KM has LOUSY balance,
k he goes down anytime he is hit around the ankles!
he fights hard and runs with determination when tacklers take him on above the belt

but ANY contact below the knee, he drops like a bowling pin !

I also think he often misses blitz pick-up assignments, we cant have any tolerance of that with PM !
I call KM the "astro- NOT" because he works best in space.
but anyone who is in that backfield, better be able to pick up the blitz and block!
see the back-up QB threads for details.

Chef Zambini
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM

I picture McGahee & Hillman being the One/Two Punch and KM in the 3rd Down back role. It'd be nice if Fannin made himself uncuttable...the guy is returning from an ACL injury and surgery!
I cant figure out how you think the law of averages are on his side?

Canmore
07-12-2012, 11:58 PM
the guy is returning from an ACL injury and surgery!
I cant figure out how you think the law of averages are on his side?

He's never been healthy. That is the biggest, among many, knock on Moreno.

Simple Jaded
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Moreno is not fast, at all, but what he lacks in speed he makes up for with a real lack of power.......

Canmore
07-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Moreno is not fast, at all, but what he lacks in speed he makes up for with a real lack of power.......

Lol. Now that is really funny!

broncofaninfla
07-13-2012, 07:18 AM
My biggest concern with the running game is the offensive line, not the RB's. Denver couldn't run the ball for squat with Orton under center running a conventional offense. It wasn't until the Tebow offense was installed that we started running the ball effectively by adding additional linemen to the attack.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2012, 12:47 PM
My biggest concern with the running game is the offensive line, not the RB's. Denver couldn't run the ball for squat with Orton under center running a conventional offense. It wasn't until the Tebow offense was installed that we started running the ball effectively by adding additional linemen to the attack.

People stacked against Orton as well, if you remember, because he was always throwing the short slants or WR screens. He was never a downfield threat, and thus kept the safeties in tight.

I think the OL is fine.

NightTerror218
07-13-2012, 12:51 PM
People stacked against Orton as well, if you remember, because he was always throwing the short slants or WR screens. He was never a downfield threat, and thus kept the safeties in tight.

I think the OL is fine.

I have concerns after the Pats game. They were dominated up the middle. We could have problems if Manning is unable to step up into pocket when he needs too. I really hope I am wrong and they can protect Manning with few sacks and holding penalties.

Chef Zambini
07-13-2012, 01:40 PM
KM was injured as a rookie, but JMCD forced him into the line-up to justify his draft selection! JMCD destroyed all his new toys, or pissed them away !
what a worthless POS JMCD was in denver !
KM, never healthy, never worth his draft position, never earned his money, never gonna be anything to be re,membered in denver.
I think he has played his last regular season game in a bronco uniform.
if it wasnt for his cap hit, he would already be out.

underrated29
07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
knowshon has no cap hit. Our kicker has a higher cap hit than he does. So does our 4th rd pick bolden (not verified but I bet im right).

Knowshon is here because he has no cap hit, because he is under contract, because he is better than all but two rbs on our roster and possibly better than Willis (knowshon had mcgahee beaten out at the start of the year, it wasnt until he got hurt that willis took over). Knowshon is also the best pass blocker and pass catcher we have at the position. Those are the reasons as to why he is still here. If he gets hurt again then he is prob going to get an injury settlement and be gone. If he balls out, then well, I will say I told you so. All he needs is the chance and to grow a pair of balls (or flexible tendons-those will work also)

Simple Jaded
07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
U29, I think you and I are watching two different Slowshon's.......

Chef Zambini
07-14-2012, 09:10 AM
if we cut know-show his cap hit is over 3 million dollars.
how would you like to characterize 3 mill?