PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

ShooterJM
07-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Is it me or is this the longest #@$@$@! offseason ever?

MileHighCrew
07-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Watch the CFL, it isn't as good but it fills the gap.

Mike
07-09-2012, 10:29 AM
It has gone pretty quick for me. Life has been crazy. Looking forward to getting to the end of the month to take my mind off of the real world.

MasterShake
07-09-2012, 10:49 AM
It was for a while there because I had a hard time getting into The Stanley Cup or NBA Finals. Add to that the Rockies just stinking it up and there wasn't much to watch sports-wise. But now things are picking up as we head toward camp. But yeah, for a while there I just wanted to cryogenically freeze myself for a few months. The NFL is the only sport I really care about and obsess over. I pretty much listen to sports talk all day at work, read power rankings and articles, and plan my weekends around games so I can watch them. The most wonderful time of the year!

TheReverend
07-09-2012, 11:18 AM
The lockout last off season was a 100 times worse for me.

OrangeHoof
07-09-2012, 11:21 AM
The worst off-season was the year during the 1981 baseball strike. It was so bad you actually had to talk to other people just out of sheer boredom.

NightTrainLayne
07-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Seems long to me.

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that I turned on the television late evening, and the NFC Wildcard Saturday game was on. .. and I had missed the Broncos/Raiders Wildcard game earlier in the day.

I panicked. . .checked the DVR to see if it had recorded it, and it had, but it began playback with only 30 seconds left in the game and we were down 36-32, no timeouts, and time was winding down. We didn't score and the Raiders had won.

I couldn't figure out for the life of me how I had "forgotten" that the Broncos were playing the Raiders in the playoffs, and totally missed the game. Funnily enough, I couldn't really even remember the season taking place. :D

Needless to say, I woke up in a cold sweat, but I was very happy to discover it was all a bad dream.

MOtorboat
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Seems long to me.

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that I turned on the television late evening, and the NFC Wildcard Saturday game was on. .. and I had missed the Broncos/Raiders Wildcard game earlier in the day.

I panicked. . .checked the DVR to see if it had recorded it, and it had, but it began playback with only 30 seconds left in the game and we were down 36-32, no timeouts, and time was winding down. We didn't score and the Raiders had won.

I couldn't figure out for the life of me how I had "forgotten" that the Broncos were playing the Raiders in the playoffs, and totally missed the game. Funnily enough, I couldn't really even remember the season taking place. :D

Needless to say, I woke up in a cold sweat, but I was very happy to discover it was all a bad dream.

I wouldn't have panicked at all.

There's no way the Raiders are making the playoffs.

Timmy!
07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Raiders in the playoffs? NTL, for the sake of ur wife and kids, please stop smoking bath salts.

BroncoNut
07-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I haven't had a footballl dream in a long time. I guess it has been a long offseason. But just a couple more weeks til the draft and then summer camp. Yippeee!!!

Chef Zambini
07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
thew TDF gets me thru july ! this year we haVE THE OLYPICS TO AMUSE US.
when you wait for something you are reallylooking forward to, the time does seem like an eternity.
its like being a kid waITING FOR CHRISTMAS.

Nomad
07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Just you Shooter......I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. In 3 weeks, my sons start 2-a-days.

NightTerror218
07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Just you Shooter......I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. In 3 weeks, my sons start 2-a-days.

Dipnetting this weekend. Hoping to come home with 20+ salmon. At most 50 :D

MileHighCrew
07-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I spent Sat at the CFL Toronto vs Calgary game and Sunday on the beach. As much as I crave Broncos football, I am enjoying July.

Nomad
07-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Dipnetting this weekend. Hoping to come home with 20+ salmon. At most 50 :D

This has been an interesting fishing season with the high waters and all the closings. Have fun and be safe especially from the bears!

As much as I crave Broncos football, I am enjoying July.

Yep....after last winter, I want summer to last as long as it can.

NightTerror218
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I spent Sat at the CFL Toronto vs Calgary game and Sunday on the beach. As much as I crave Broncos football, I am enjoying July.

Do you watch Winnepeg? My buddy is the starting QB, Buck Pierce. He was playing for BC. he is the only CFL player I follow.
http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/show/id/3653

NightTerror218
07-09-2012, 12:32 PM
This has been an interesting fishing season with the high waters and all the closings. Have fun and be safe especially from the bears!

Yep....after last winter, I want summer to last as long as it can.

i pack my 45 everywhere any the wife has her bear spray. We are set. Going with a group too.

BroncoNut
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
i pack my 45 everywhere any the wife has her bear spray. We are set. Going with a group too.

glad I have no kills planned in Alaska anytime soon. Damn Terror, bit paranoid are we?

BroncoNut
07-09-2012, 12:52 PM

I'd make sure that your wife said Bearspray with a B and not Hairspray with an H.

NightTerror218
07-09-2012, 01:17 PM
glad I have no kills planned in Alaska anytime soon. Damn Terror, bit paranoid are we?

well when you drive threw downtown and a black bear is using the cross walk?

Not to mention when you are dip netting everyone is leaving the guts all over the place and bears are in heaven coming to clean up after everyone. Method to madness, clean fish as you pull them out of water and throw guts into river.

Simple Jaded
07-09-2012, 07:21 PM
This offseason is by far the longest in years because I'm excited to actually watching the Broncos for the first time in 3 years.......

MileHighCrew
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Do you watch Winnepeg? My buddy is the starting QB, Buck Pierce. He was playing for BC. he is the only CFL player I follow.
http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/show/id/3653

I do follow all the teams. I took photos of him when I was working as the staff photographer for Montreal Alouettes. He is a great player, but injury prone. Hope he can get past that, he would be one of the best in the CFL

hotcarl
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
who gives a shit op

sneakers
07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
They keep moving back the season opener back in the calendar....pretty soon it will start in late september, and be over by march

Chef Zambini
07-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Dipnetting this weekend. Hoping to come home with 20+ salmon. At most 50 :Djuly is an awesome month in alaska, maybe the best month !

Chef Zambini
07-10-2012, 02:31 AM
i pack my 45 everywhere any the wife has her bear spray. We are set. Going with a group too.that >45 wont do shit against a grizzly unless you pull the rigger while he is chomping down on your hand.
be safe

SR
07-10-2012, 05:09 AM
A well placed shot with the right ammo in a .45 will take a grizzly down

Az Snake
07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
A well placed shot with the right ammo in a .45 will take a grizzly down

True. A man of steel would need to take that well placed shot.
Griz charge, .45, close range, I'd empty as much of the mag that I could before the griz was on me.

For me, longest off season evah !
Now it's going to be the longest 2 weeks until camp.

BroncoNut
07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
who gives a shit op

where has Bill Devaroe been? Is he still dead?

SR
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
His posts are as awful as hotcarl's.

Cugel
07-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Seems long to me.

You should have realized that you were dreaming just from the fact that the Raiders made the playoffs and the Broncos failed to win the division! :laugh:

Plus, if Carson Palmer tried to throw that much in a playoff game as to score 36 points, his arm would fall off!

Cugel
07-10-2012, 07:30 PM

You shoot a bear with a .45 and unless you're lucky or a really good shot, you're more likely to piss him off than kill him.

Did you read about the bear that broke open a guy's pickup and drank an entire case of beer? They found the bear passed out nearby, but apparently he would only drink Rainier beer, and sampled and rejected the Budweiser! They lured him back and trapped him by setting out another case of Rainier! :laugh:

NightTerror218
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
You shoot a bear with a .45 and unless you're lucky or a really good shot, you're more likely to piss him off than kill him.

Did you read about the bear that broke open a guy's pickup and drank an entire case of beer? They found the bear passed out nearby, but apparently he would only drink Rainier beer, and sampled and rejected the Budweiser! They lured him back and trapped him by setting out another case of Rainier! :laugh:

.45 will be good. I have police issue ammo too. I am hoping just the sound would scare it away, but I have only have to draw it twice for a bear getting too close, have not had to fire yet.

SR
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Police issue ammo is probably just a full metal jacket. I don't think police are allowed to use hydra shock, armor piercing or hollow point rounds. Personally if I'm somewhere with bears I'd want a 7 mil mag or a 300 win mag. A .270 at the absolute least. But I could probably put a .45 round in to the snout or mouth of a bear from 30 feet.

Cugel
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
There are no Grizzlies in Colo and you shouldn't be shooting a black bear in the first place. That's just wrong. They are not that aggressive generally and can be handled. They might eat your food but aren't likely to attack people if you're careful.

If it's Alaska and you are facing Grizzlies that's a different matter. But then a wounded Grizzly is about the LAST thing I'd ever want to face. They can do a LOT of damage first before they decide to die.

BroncoNut
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
There are no Grizzlies in Colo and you shouldn't be shooting a black bear in the first place. That's just wrong. They are not that aggressive generally and can be handled. They might eat your food but aren't likely to attack people if you're careful.

If it's Alaska and you are facing Grizzlies that's a different matter. But then a wounded Grizzly is about the LAST thing I'd ever want to face. They can do a LOT of damage first before they decide to die.

black bears need to be killed sometimes, not always, but sometimes. wounded grizzlies CAN do a lot of damage before they die.

slim
07-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Whoa, settle down in here.

Bears are people too.

TheReverend
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Bears are people too.

More specifically, BLACK bears are people too.

Just because they're better than other bears at basketball and rapping doesn't mean they should be killed.

SR
07-11-2012, 12:16 PM
That was an epic fail of a post

BroncoNut
07-11-2012, 12:34 PM
That was an epic fail of a post

:lol: which one? in the future, please quote.

BroncoNut
07-11-2012, 12:36 PM

Bears are people too.

mmmm.. not quite correct there Slim. Like humans (people) bears are mammmals, but they are not even primates.

slim
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
mmmm.. not quite correct there Slim. Like humans (people) bears are mammmals, but they are not even primates.

Thanks, professor.

NightTerror218
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM

A thing I was told about bears in Alaska, if your are attacked by a Brown bear, go into the fetal position, they will get bored and leave. If you are attacked my a black bear, fight like hell cause it will eat you. Black bears are a lot more likely to get scared off then cause problems.

Most people I know carry 45, .38, .44 mag, 357 mag when hiking. .44 mag is the normal gun of choice for most when going into serious bear areas.

TXBRONC
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
This offseason has just flying by for me. Evenso I agree with MCH watch a little CFL action if you can. It will take up some of your time and leasts it football for a few weeks.

SR
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
:lol: which one? in the future, please quote.

The one directly above mine. Didn't think I needed to quote a post if I was posting right after. My bad yo

BroncoNut
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
The one directly above mine. Didn't think I needed to quote a post if I was posting right after. My bad yo

oh, The Reverend's? I should've known anyway, his posts usually do suck bad

Nomad
07-14-2012, 12:21 PM
True. A man of steel would need to take that well placed shot.
Griz charge, .45, close range, I'd empty as much of the mag that I could before the griz was on me.

For me, longest off season evah !
Now it's going to be the longest 2 weeks until camp.

Yeah, it would take the best of shots to take down a 1200lb bear charging at you and most times it is a close range......not very many people could make that shot in the situation. When we hike I make sure to bring the dog for an early warning plus my sidearm and may even sling a 12 gauge with slugs, but the dog would probably be the first to run the opposite way.:lol:

Az Snake
07-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah, it would take the best of shots to take down a 1200lb bear charging at you and most times it is a close range......not very many people could make that shot in the situation. When we hike I make sure to bring the dog for an early warning plus my sidearm and may even sling a 12 gauge with slugs, but the dog would probably be the first to run the opposite way.:lol:

Smart dog !

Have you been able to see those Northern Lights yet ?
You have got to make sure your children get to see the Aurora Borealis while you guys are stationed up there.
That's something that you can share together that is so awesome it will always be remembered.
Btw Nomad, still waiting for my Halibut. Caught any yet ?