PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XXII Denver Broncos vs. Washington Redskins Memorabilia

UrbanBounca
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Our local consignment shop is asking $350 for everything in the photo. It's an autographed ball of the Denver Broncos Superbowl XXII team, along with a hat and sweater from the same era. I was able to talk them down to $300. If this ball is from Superbowl XXII, John Elway should be on there somewhere.

Either way, is it worth it?

http://i46.tinypic.com/v7v9k2.jpg

SR
07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Not without a certificate of authenticity

UrbanBounca
07-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure whether it has one or not. I thought about that after I left.

SR
07-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I personally won't ever buy autographed memorabilia unless it's got a certificate of authenticity or I have first hand knowledge of the signature. Seen too many forgeries

UrbanBounca
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I can definitely agree with that. I'll ask them about it.

SR
07-08-2012, 12:31 PM
If they can produce and you can still buy it for that price, I think it's a good deal

MasterShake
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
If they can produce and you can still buy it for that price, I think it's a good deal

Yes, great deal especially considering A Terrell Davis or John Elway signature alone is worth about $250 online http://www.amazon.com/Terrell-Davis-Autographed-Football-Footballs/dp/B002FVWKLY

I inherited a football signed by the 78 Superbowl team from my grandfather. It is one of those "If a fire, asteroid, alien invasion was coming this is what I'd grab to pack" items.

Dzone
07-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Looks like a pretty good deal

Army Bronco
07-08-2012, 11:13 PM

Yes, great deal especially considering A Terrell Davis or John Elway signature alone is worth about $250 online http://www.amazon.com/Terrell-Davis-Autographed-Football-Footballs/dp/B002FVWKLY

I inherited a football signed by the 78 Superbowl team from my grandfather. It is one of those "If a fire, asteroid, alien invasion was coming this is what I'd grab to pack" items.Really? A John Elway signed ball is worth 250? How about an Elway signed mini football? One of those that is partially white for signatures. When he went to Baghdad on a USO tour I caught it when he threw it and then i had him sign it later. I have a picture of him signing it for me. I dont want to sell it but i am curious.

MasterShake
07-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Really? A John Elway signed ball is worth 250? How about an Elway signed mini football? One of those that is partially white for signatures. When he went to Baghdad on a USO tour I caught it when he threw it and then i had him sign it later. I have a picture of him signing it for me. I dont want to sell it but i am curious.

You would have to get it appraised through a sports auction is my guess. Its all about the context of the item signed. For example, I have an Elway autograph on a piece of paper from when I ran into him at the aiport that is worth nothing to anyone but me because I can't prove its authentic. On the other hand, if you have a picture of him signing the object in question that is going to be even better than a certificate of authenticity and up the price, especially if its on a football or something. Signed jerseys are probably the most valuable, especially if they are framed nicely. I think that Terrell Davis autograph I linked to is worth more because its on a branded Super Bowl 32 football as opposed to just some nerf football you could get signed at training camp. People are paying for context and memories when they buy sports memorabilia so some things will just be worth more than others.

I took the football I mentioned earlier from the 78 team in to a sports dealer to have it appraised for insurance purposes. Thats always a good way to get a guage of how much something is worth.