PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for Kornheisers obsession with Cutler and Favre comparisons?

lex
10-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Is everyone else bracing themselves. I know why people make the comparison but its not one I sign off on. They both throw have strong arms but Favre throws a lot of interceptions as a veteran who should know better. Jay is still getting the hang of things. At this point the comparison is a little ridiculous. If Jay is throwing interceptions by the boatload as a 10 year vet, then proceed with the comparisons.

sneakers
10-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm not....good thing this game is broadcasted on Espn. I could not stand Madden talking about Favre.

lex
10-28-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm not....good thing this game is broadcasted on Espn. I could not stand Madden talking about Favre.

Yeah, I meant to say Kornheiser. I had Maddens name in my head. You know Kornheiser is going to go on and on about this.

omac
10-28-2007, 12:42 AM
The strength of Favre is superior football knowledge and experience. He also more confidence of knowing he can win games, as he's been doing it his whole career.

The strength of Cutler is he knows how to follow a gameplan and obey the coaching and calls of Shanahan. He trusts his coaches more, and in that sense is more of a team player. I doubt McCarthy can make Favre do anything he doesn't want to do, and that includes run the ball, which McCarthy wants to do more of. It's in that sense that Favre puts himself over the team, because he probably believes he knows better than the coaches.

ChampWJ
10-28-2007, 01:41 AM
I'll mute the terrible MNF crew and listen to Dave Logan on KOA.

Escobar
10-28-2007, 01:43 AM
I'll mute the terrible MNF crew and listen to Dave Logan on KOA.

jaws is great , mike tirico is so-so, cornhieser is terrible......

I loved the monday night game crew last year in oakland. against the chargers

brad nessler, jaws, **** vermiel <---- golden crew

ChampWJ
10-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Tirico doesn't really do anything for me, he's average. I like Jaws, especially when he corrects Kornheiser about something. You can tell he get's irritated he has to work with such a B-team.

Escobar
10-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Tirico doesn't really do anything for me, he's average. I like Jaws, especially when he corrects Kornheiser about something. You can tell he get's irritated he has to work with such a B-team.

haha yea, we need another nfl nerd in there with jaws...he has so much knowledge.....surprises me. Maybe merrile hoge? Hes very on-point with his information. Hes another guy that spends hours studying tape.

Skywalker
10-28-2007, 01:55 AM

That was such a great crew...I wish they were the crew all the time :(

I really like the college announcers ESPN has (Kirk Herbstreit especially) and only ESPN would screw up their NFL crew so badly...I'd rather listen to Madden.

Stargazer
10-28-2007, 02:37 AM

IMO, best NFL football crew EVER.

lex
10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
haha yea, we need another nfl nerd in there with jaws...he has so much knowledge.....surprises me. Maybe merrile hoge? Hes very on-point with his information. Hes another guy that spends hours studying tape.

I think an offensive linemen would be a good compliment to Jaws. Mayber Brian Baldinger. Between Jaws and someone more focused on line play, they should have the 'X's and 'O's covered pretty well...as long as its not Golic (he was a DL) and Dierdorf (talks too much in a 3 man booth).

topscribe
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
IMO, best NFL football crew EVER.

I don't know whether you are old enough to remember them, but the original
MNF cast of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and Dandy Don Meredith, I believe,
are the immortals as a crew. MNF has never been the same, IMO.

.."Turn out the lights, the party's over . . . "
.................................................. ....... ♪ ♫

-----

DenBronx
10-28-2007, 01:53 PM
jaws is great , mike tirico is so-so, cornhieser is terrible......

jaws and vermiel should both be here next year. vermiel always has interesting things to say about the game...good broadcasting voice too.

Skywalker
10-28-2007, 02:12 PM
jaws and vermiel should both be here next year. vermiel always has interesting things to say about the game...good broadcasting voice too.

I think they should just have Jaws and Vermiel broadcasting MNF, but if they want a third guy Tirico would be fine. Nessler's too busy with college :D

TXBRONC
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I think their alright. Many of you never had to listen to Howard Cosell, he was arrogant jerk.

lex
10-28-2007, 02:32 PM

I could live with Vermeil and Jaws. Mora and Jaws also wouldnt be bad.

Uncle Buck
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Is everyone else bracing themselves. I know why people make the comparison but its not one I sign off on. They both throw have strong arms but Favre throws a lot of interceptions as a veteran who should know better. Jay is still getting the hang of things. At this point the comparison is a little ridiculous. If Jay is throwing interceptions by the boatload as a 10 year vet, then proceed with the comparisons.

I'm never ready for Kornheiser's comparison to anything. I don't know (is it just me?), just to see his image on TV, with any words coming out of his face, is enough to send me to the nearest chalkboard, praying for screeching fingernails to drown out anything he has to "say!"

lex
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm never ready for Kornheiser's comparison to anything. I don't know (is it just me?), just to see his image on TV, with any words coming out of his face, is enough to send me to the nearest chalkboard, praying for screeching fingernails to drown out anything he has to "say!"

Its not just you. I think his demographic is middle-aged Jewish men who live in the northeast.

WAB
10-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I remember a couple years ago when the Pack played Houston, and the announcers were comparing David Carr's wildness to Brett Favre's early days.

HAHAHAHA!