PDA

View Full Version : Pick cutler's int-free game.

rcsodak
10-27-2007, 11:44 PM
No cp's...just good, clean, "fantasy" fun.

I don't see it happening this week, against a good defense.

Guesses?

Tned
10-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Could happen anytime, even against a good secondary like GB, but if I was to bet, I would say Detroit and if he throws one there, then the next most likely is Oak.

SBboundBRONCOS
10-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Could happen anytime, even against a good secondary like GB, but if I was to bet, I would say Detroit and if he throws one there, then the next most likely is Oak.

i dont know det has like 9 ints in the last 3 games or something, they are forcing a lot of turnovers, i could actually see it happening this week

Uncle Buck
10-28-2007, 12:23 AM
My bet is this Monday night.

omac
10-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Probably when they he faces the Giants in the Superbowl this season. :rockon:

Medford Bronco
10-28-2007, 01:26 AM

Guesses?

Against Detriot is my pick, their defense is pathetic

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
10-28-2007, 01:38 AM
probably never.

Escobar
10-28-2007, 01:39 AM
who invited the troll......:tsk:

Medford Bronco
10-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Hey its Pruler or Fred Smerlas :laugh:

Simple Jaded
10-28-2007, 01:43 AM
I think it'll be the same week people stop whining about INT's....

Escobar
10-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey its Pruler or Fred Smerlas :laugh:

LoL....i havne't seen pruler in a minute...i wonder how much he is bragging about his team now.....:tsk:

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
10-28-2007, 02:02 AM

if your talking about me.

im not a troll.

Nick
10-28-2007, 02:04 AM
I say Oakland

Stargazer
10-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Well he's already done it last season vs SD:

2 TD's, 0 INT's

What game this season? I'll pick the upcoming game on Monday Night for fun.

TXBRONC
10-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Guesses?

Well he threw for three touchdowns against one of the best defenses in the League so why could he not zero picks against the Packers? It is possible.

Krugan
10-28-2007, 09:12 AM
If he throws 3 everyweek and we win, ill settle for a pick a game.

Dont see it happening this year, this team just isnt all on the same page. Its like one of the pick the next step books. Seems as though half the team picked the left tunnel, the other half picked the down tunnel.

Reidman
10-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Given his confidence level this season, I honestly see him throwing a pick every game for the rest of the season. He's trying too hard to get the ball into double coverage and even though he can and is zinging the ball into his receivers pretty well, he runs the risk of getting picked off at least once doing this...

Also, he throws the ball low still and as long as a big defensive lineman can get his hands up and tip the ball, any team regardless of their passing D can pick those off easy enough.

Retired_Member_001
10-28-2007, 10:24 AM
If he throws an INT against the Vikings I don't know what I'll do.

rcsodak
10-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Well he's already done it last season vs SD:

2 TD's, 0 INT's

What game this season? I'll pick the upcoming game on Monday Night for fun.

It's irrelevant what a player does in previous years........;)

Tned
10-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Given his confidence level this season, I honestly see him throwing a pick every game for the rest of the season. He's trying too hard to get the ball into double coverage and even though he can and is zinging the ball into his receivers pretty well, he runs the risk of getting picked off at least once doing this...

Also, he throws the ball low still and as long as a big defensive lineman can get his hands up and tip the ball, any team regardless of their passing D can pick those off easy enough.

This is very possible. While some picks are mistakes/inexperience, like the pick over the middle to the LB against Pitt, where he never looked off the receiver over the course of several seconds and threw the pick, others are because he thinks he can make every throw, regardless of coverage.

So, what would we rather have, a gunslinger who throws picks but makes the 'tough' throws, or a conservative QB that throws it away more often and whos first priority is to protect the ball and prevent turnovers?

Requiem / The Dagda
10-28-2007, 01:41 PM
The Packers defense creates a lot of havoc, but they're still doing what Jim Bates helped them accomplish when he was there; and I'm sure he's going to give Jay a few cues on how to beat the defense. Also - he's been practicing against it all year.

The thing about Jay is he's growing and he's going to make mistakes, however - unlike our last quarterback - the kid has that factor inside of him where he makes mistakes and goes lethal on defenses after he makes them.

Remember that interception that led to a Pittsburgh score? It was his fault. What did he do? Go perfect on the next drive and get a touchdown. Jay's a great young quarterback, and for the mistakes he's made (which are many) he has found ways to come back and be a leader on the team and help pave the way to victory.

He's on pace to have one of the best first 16 games for a starting QB in a long, long time - and I'm very excited for the future. He's a second-year player who hasn't even played a full year yet, but he's playing better than a lot of veterans out there. He's no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, more than likely he'll never be - he shouldn't try to be any of those guys. He'll be Jay Cutler, and let's hope that he lives up to all his potential and at the same time, and most importantly - make a name for himself and be himself.

Grover
10-29-2007, 12:02 AM
tnedator's question:

So, what would we rather have, a gunslinger who throws picks but makes the 'tough' throws, or a conservative QB that throws it away more often and whose first priority is to protect the ball and prevent turnovers?

And the answer is we'd rather have the Gunslinger because it's fun and that's what we got used to with Elway.

And then Dream comes in with the closing argument -

The thing about Jay is he's growing and he's going to make mistakes, however - unlike our last quarterback - the kid has that factor inside of him where he makes mistakes and goes lethal on defenses after he makes them.

And that's the thing I love about Jay Cutler - he goes out and fixes his bonehead mistakes. He doesn't go sit on the bench and pout, he just goes out and recovers.

omac
10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
The Packers defense creates a lot of havoc, but they're still doing what Jim Bates helped them accomplish when he was there; and I'm sure he's going to give Jay a few cues on how to beat the defense. Also - he's been practicing against it all year.

Remember that interception that led to a Pittsburgh score? It was his fault. What did he do? Go perfect on the next drive and get a touchdown. Jay's a great young quarterback, and for the mistakes he's made (which are many) he has found ways to come back and be a leader on the team and help pave the way to victory.

He's on pace to have one of the best first 16 games for a starting QB in a long, long time - and I'm very excited for the future. He's a second-year player who hasn't even played a full year yet, but he's playing better than a lot of veterans out there. He's no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, more than likely he'll never be - he shouldn't try to be any of those guys. He'll be Jay Cutler, and let's hope that he lives up to all his potential and at the same time, and most importantly - make a name for himself and be himself.

Real nice post, and real nice points Dream. :salute:

Tned
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
And the answer is we'd rather have the Gunslinger because it's fun and that's what we got used to with Elway.

QBs that try and make the great plays, like throwing across their body to the middle of the field, also will throw their share of picks and pick sixes. However, those QBs really able to make those throws (rather than just thinking they can), often make up for those mistakes with lots of big drives and big wins. I think that is where Jay is going to wind up landing.

And that's the thing I love about Jay Cutler - he goes out and fixes his bonehead mistakes. He doesn't go sit on the bench and pout, he just goes out and recovers.

Yep, that's just what Shanny used to say about Jake, he might make a mistake, but he would shake it off and be ready to try again as soon as he got the ball back.

omac
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM

Yup, I second everything here.

The other thing about the gunslinger x gamemanager thing is, we've already seen how far the gamemanager approach can take us, and it fell a little short. To win a Superbowl with the gamemanager approach, we'd have to have a superior defense, like last season's Ravens and Bears, in order to keep the games close for a low score. Even then, the Colts and the Pats have shown they can shred the best defenses, so you need an explosive offense to keep up with them just to have a chance.

Tned
10-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Yup, I second everything here.

The other thing about the gunslinger x gamemanager thing is, we've already seen how far the gamemanager approach can take us, and it fell a little short. To win a Superbowl with the gamemanager approach, we'd have to have a superior defense, like last season's Ravens and Bears, in order to keep the games close for a low score. Even then, the Colts and the Pats have shown they can shred the best defenses, so you need an explosive offense to keep up with them just to have a chance.

Actually, I think a better analogy on the last QB, rather than game manager, was that he was also a gunslinger in his mentality, however instead of carrying a .45 and a Sharps .50 cal, the previous gunsliner had a slow draw .38 and a .410 shotgun.

There is no doubt that Jake played with a gunslinger mentality, the only difference was that he really didn't have the tools (except his legs) to pull off the gunslinger approach.

omac
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Actually, I think a better analogy on the last QB, rather than game manager, was that he was also a gunslinger in his mentality, however instead of carrying a .45 and a Sharps .50 cal, the previous gunsliner had a slow draw .38 and a .410 shotgun.

There is no doubt that Jake played with a gunslinger mentality, the only difference was that he really didn't have the tools (except his legs) to pull off the gunslinger approach.

That's true; when I talk of gamemanager approach, though, it's more with respect to the 2005 season, where the offense played more conservative (passing offense ranked 18, rush offense ranked 2), and he made very few errors. He didn't score a lot of touchdown, only 18, but he threw very few INTs, 7. If we had a Bears or Ravens style defense to go with that error-free offense, never forcing anything, we'd have a good shot at the Superbowl. Denver did have a pretty good rushing defense then, but a horrid pass defense.

Stargazer
10-29-2007, 01:36 AM
It's irrelevant what a player does in previous years........;)

Well he's done it in the past, and I'm sure he will do it in the future. I pick the GB game because why not, it will happen where he doesn't toss a pick in a single game.

Lonestar
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I say it will be the second sunday of next week.

BroncoWave
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, last night's game answered this question!

TXBRONC
10-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Well, last night's game answered this question!

Yep and hopefully he can have more of them this season.

omac
10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, he didn't have an interception, but we lost. Happy, now? Happy?!?!? .... just kidding, hehehe. :D

I still haven't seen the game, but purely from reading the posts here, I get the impression that they didn't really let him loose, that they were calling conservative plays.

If that was the case, like I said before, I'd rather he'd have more INTs, because they'd be going for it more. Again, I'd have to see the game first.

rcsodak
10-31-2007, 11:22 PM
OK, so NOW, it's

WHEN WILL CUTLER NOT HAVE A TURNOVER AT ALL!

I'm going with never.

Not this year, at least.

I think he still does stupid ****, like throwing across his body, back to the middle of the field. That's just ASKING for trouble. GB should have had one of those, monday night.

He just needs to start SHOWING that he came from a 'smart school', and play like he knows what he's doing.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I think he's doing just fine. Go Jay. :beer:

omac
11-01-2007, 01:28 AM
I think he's doing just fine. Go Jay. :beer:

Yeah, I agree, he's doing fine. In fact the offense should take more chances and really let him loose. Worse thing to do to a talent like that is turn him into an ordinary game manager; that would be a waste of skill. Those who can make the throws do; those who can't shouldn't. Like Phil Simms said, you don't throw across your body unless you have the velocity and accuracy to do it ... most QBs don't, but Cutler does.

Astrass
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, he didn't have an interception, but we lost. Happy, now? Happy?!?!? .... just kidding, hehehe. :D

I still haven't seen the game, but purely from reading the posts here, I get the impression that they didn't really let him loose, that they were calling conservative plays.

If that was the case, like I said before, I'd rather he'd have more INTs, because they'd be going for it more. Again, I'd have to see the game first.

Conservative plays? How manys coaches call plays that result in the WR running for 70 yards and still ending the play behind the line of scrimage? =P

omac
11-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Conservative plays? How manys coaches call plays that result in the WR running for 70 yards and still ending the play behind the line of scrimage? =P

How about the ones in the red zone, where they could've passed more?

Make no mistake, Shanny is trying to minimize putting too much of the load to win the game on Cutler; he's spreading it around. He doesn't want to overwhelm Cutler.

TXBRONC
11-01-2007, 01:57 PM
How about the ones in the red zone, where they could've passed more?

Make no mistake, Shanny is trying to minimize putting too much of the load to win the game on Cutler; he's spreading it around. He doesn't want to overwhelm Cutler.

I'm not so sure it's that Shanahan is afraid to put pressure on Jay. While the quarterback draw is conservative, that still showing trust in Jay's ability to get the first down. I think Shanahan thought that he could catch Green Bay off guard.

omac
11-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm not so sure it's that Shanahan is afraid to put pressure on Jay. While the quarterback draw is conservative, that still showing trust in Jay's ability to get the first down. I think Shanahan thought that he could catch Green Bay off guard.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just finished watching the game, and I've come to this conclussion ... Tony Kornheiser sucks! :D If only they could replace him. And focussing on Favre's wife throughout the whole game? Come on.

No matter, Denver played real well. They had an excellent shot at winning the game during regulation, but they didn't have the time, nor the timeouts to do it. Although there were a few good long runs by Young, the rushing attack didn't look too good. It was mostly the passing that was moving the chains, very different from when Travis Henry plays healthy. Now, we may be forced to pass even more often.

rcsodak
11-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. I just finished watching the game, and I've come to this conclussion ... Tony Kornheiser sucks! :D If only they could replace him. And focussing on Favre's wife throughout the whole game? Come on.

No matter, Denver played real well. They had an excellent shot at winning the game during regulation, but they didn't have the time, nor the timeouts to do it. Although there were a few good long runs by Young, the rushing attack didn't look too good. It was mostly the passing that was moving the chains, very different from when Travis Henry plays healthy. Now, we may be forced to pass even more often.

I don't think running will be shut down. In fact, a few people have been overheard as saying they think Henry will get out of this, believe it or not. The league is afraid some t's didn't get crossed, and that a judge could rule against them. Plus, the thing with the 9 kids going hungry is playing on their consciences to where they may not push the envelope.

At the least, he'll be around for at least another couple of games......and they might as well ride the horse while they can.

Lonestar
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't think running will be shut down. In fact, a few people have been overheard as saying they think Henry will get out of this, believe it or not. The league is afraid some t's didn't get crossed, and that a judge could rule against them. Plus, the thing with the 9 kids going hungry is playing on their consciences to where they may not push the envelope.

At the least, he'll be around for at least another couple of games......and they might as well ride the horse while they can.

Between him and Young I do not fear for Running yards this year I fear for the number of Running yards against us..

TXBRONC
11-02-2007, 07:58 PM

I thought I heard that the decision on Henry could come this week and that the Detroit game could be his last.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Henry received two more weeks of grace from the NFL, appeal delayed until the 16th.

TXBRONC
11-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Henry received two more weeks of grace from the NFL, appeal delayed until the 16th.

I just saw that about five minutes ago. But at anyrate thank you for taking the time to share. :salute: