PDA

View Full Version : MARSHALL: "I hate Denver! I hope I get traded!"

topscribe
06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Check it out: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/19905605/detail.html

"I hate this ******* city!" he said. I guess he didn't like it that he was stopped
for a DUI. Maybe he is unaware that other cities have police forces, too.

Up until now, I have been all for keeping Marshall and making him come back to
the team. But now I'm beginning to hope they just jettison him for what they
can get.

He loves those kids. Right. So that is why he is setting the example he is? He is
so full of himself that he is completely unaware that he is ruining his own career.
It is my personal opinion that, at this rate, he will follow Vick and Pac Man on
out of football . . . :tsk:

-----

NorthernLights
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Two years later? Isn't this a non-story by now?

By gones and all that good stuff.

GEM
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM

If he wasn't singing the same tune now, I'm sure everyone would be fine brushing it under the rug.

Go eff yourself Marshall, ya headcase. We don't want drunk driving women beating ******** in Denver, just as much as your sorry ass doesn't want to be here. Telling the cops to go find Darrent's killers...wasn't it it your punk ass big mouth that started the beef that night?

haroldthebarrel
06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
You dont think the Darrent murder and all the other stuff created a little emotional explosion?

NightTrainLayne
06-30-2009, 03:47 PM
You dont think the Darrent murder and all the other stuff created a little emotional explosion?

Yes. Certainly getting arrested is cause for saying a few choice things that you wouldn't want repeated or remembered. .. just ask Mel Gibson. :laugh:

I won't really hold this against Marshall, but I do like the fact that this story doesn't do him any favors for holding out for a new, bigger contract.

topscribe
06-30-2009, 03:48 PM

I know. Maybe this offseason has gotten to me a little.

But I do, I really do, look forward to the day we hear and read about all Bmarsh's
receptions without all this news about his off-field shenanigans. Cutler had it
right about him: It's just one thing after another . . .

-----

GEM
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Yes. Certainly getting arrested is cause for saying a few choice things that you wouldn't want repeated or remembered. .. just ask Mel Gibson. :laugh:

I won't really hold this against Marshall, but I do like the fact that this story doesn't do him any favors for holding out for a new, bigger contract.

I dunno.....it must be a celebrity or celebrity ego thing, because I know when I get pulled over, I am respectful of the officer doing so. I don't scream and berate them. I also don't drive drunk, so who knows.

haroldthebarrel
06-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Well as long as the FO manages to keep him I couldnt give a damn.

With his troubled past, there should not be so hard to put a lot of clauses in his contract.
I think he just wants the money, and that isnt all that uncommon to any team really.

haroldthebarrel
06-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I dunno.....it must be a celebrity or celebrity ego thing, because I know when I get pulled over, I am respectful of the officer doing so. I don't scream and berate them. I also don't drive drunk, so who knows.

how often do you get pulled over?

Personally I believe the United States have horrible norms on drunken driving.
I had to ride with people several times and they all had been drinking.
People should generally at least once get really drunk, play a computer racing game, and see how they suck.
Man, I hate drunken driving.

rcsodak
06-30-2009, 04:13 PM

But GEM, you have other.....qualities.....that have a way of keeping you on the good side of occifers......:D

GEM
06-30-2009, 04:22 PM
how often do you get pulled over?

Personally I believe the United States have horrible norms on drunken driving.
I had to ride with people several times and they all had been drinking.
People should generally at least once get really drunk, play a computer racing game, and see how they suck.
Man, I hate drunken driving.

I've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. I've had my run ins with authorities prior to that and still can't see why you would berate a police officer for pulling you over for being an idiot. If you weren't doing something wrong, the officer would have had no reason to pull you over.

I don't make a habit of drinking and getting behind a wheel, it's pretty easy as I don't drink but maybe once a year. :lol: I don't render myself God by putting myself and everyone around me at risk. That's very selfish and if you can afford to drink with the cost of alcohol these days, you damn sure can afford a cab. :shrugs:

I dunno...I just don't have any patience for drunk driving, for beating women and the bottom line is...no matter how much talent you have, if you don't want to be here and you want to talk about the city that absolutely adored you like that...be gone. Denver was a championship city with rich history well before you were here, we were mediocre while you were here and we'll be fine after you're gone. You don't make the Denver Broncos.

haroldthebarrel
06-30-2009, 04:39 PM
I've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. I've had my run ins with authorities prior to that and still can't see why you would berate a police officer for pulling you over for being an idiot. If you weren't doing something wrong, the officer would have had no reason to pull you over.

I don't make a habit of drinking and getting behind a wheel, it's pretty easy as I don't drink but maybe once a year. :lol: I don't render myself God by putting myself and everyone around me at risk. That's very selfish and if you can afford to drink with the cost of alcohol these days, you damn sure can afford a cab. :shrugs:

I dunno...I just don't have any patience for drunk driving, for beating women and the bottom line is...no matter how much talent you have, if you don't want to be here and you want to talk about the city that absolutely adored you like that...be gone. Denver was a championship city with rich history well before you were here, we were mediocre while you were here and we'll be fine after you're gone. You don't make the Denver Broncos.

good post.

AS far as your final paragraph. I see your point, but I also want the team to win. And to win you need talent, which is why I may give some a little more slack than others.
I doubt he really meant he hated it here. When people have done something wrong, what they can come up with saying are not really reliable.
But I also think this man is much about money. So the moneygiver decides "wherever he may roam". (pun intended)

Tempus Fugit
06-30-2009, 06:08 PM
This is McDaniels' fault!

sneakers
06-30-2009, 06:13 PM
I have said that I hate my city plenty of times.....I am sure everyon has.

GEM
06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Can you imagine. I just have to sit and laugh at just the thought of this.

Side of the highway...blue and red in your rear view, so you pull over. Cop comes up and asks how much have you had to drink?

From that point I just see Marshall acting like a 5 yr old kid. Kicking and screaming I hate it here, I hate Denver.

Officer asks him to settle down.

I'm sorry Mr. Police Officer, could you please just let me go? You do know who I am right? I mean I only blew a .13 that's not so bad is it?

No I can't let you go.

More kicking and screaming.

Don't you have more important things to do? Like arrest someone for DWill's murder.

We've already done that sir. What does that have to do with you driving drunk right now?

I hate Denver. I just want to be traded. Maybe if I go to Oakland, Mr. Davis will look the other way while I hit my girl and drink and drive.

Mr. Marshall, with all due respect, shut up, you sound like a whiny little biatch.

roomemp
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM

Are you a multi million dollar sports star in a city where people love you and your team so much they spend x amount of dollars to see you play and purchase merchandise? Just saying.

haroldthebarrel
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you a multi million dollar sports star in a city where people love you and your team so much they spend x amount of dollars to see you play and purchase merchandise? Just saying.

so since he is just that he cannot say things out of emotions?
What kind of argument is that? I dont get it.

roomemp
06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
so since he is just that he cannot say things out of emotions?
What kind of argument is that? I dont get it.

He absolutly can..........He is just going to regret them :laugh:

dogfish
06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
comment posted on PFT:

Anyone notice in the report he was driving a Mercury Mountaineer?

Now I’m on his side. He deserves a raise.

:rofl:

T.K.O.
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
comment posted on PFT:

:rofl:

true dat ! man i dont think its fitting for any bronco to drive one of those piles....lol
but i would take one as a signing bonus....;)

WARHORSE
06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Drunk dont count.

I can think of a whole symposium of rookies that under the same situation might do the same thing.

Non issue.

Timmy!
06-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Drunk dont count.

I have tried this excuse for several things, with limited success.

FanInAZ
06-30-2009, 11:47 PM

The city of Phoenix is so hard up for money right now that they are having its PD busting poeple for the most ridiculous infractions. In April, I was ticketed for j-walking across the new light-rail tracks. As the officer scolded me for how dangerous it was for me to do what I did, my mind was visalizing what the traffic conditions were when I crossed.

There was no train in site and the east bound motor traffic, which I crossed in front of, was stopped at a red light. A elderly person hobbling along with a walker could have made it safely accross. This officers scolding of me almost constituted an insult to my intelligence. So, how did I respond? I keep my mouth shut and excepted the ticket.

Magnificent Seven
07-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Simple. He is next Terrell Owens.

rcsodak
07-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Junior in college.....in passenger seat of roomies POS pickup.....2am....leaving bar.....roads are shit from snow.

Roomie decides to do a cookie in the middle of downtown.

Blue/reds start flashing.

Cop walks up to driver side door....

...roomie rolls down window....

...cop asks driver if he's been drinking....

...driver says "yes, I have, occifer"........

....."take me drunk, I'm home"!

I'm thinking I'll be bailing him out ......

...instead....

....cop, laughing....looks across to me and asks if I'm ok to drive "his drunk ass home?"

Un....freaking....believabley....lucky.....bass... ..turd!!!!! :tsk:

Dirk
07-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Gem, you are brutal! Much love! :D

Bad Intentions
07-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Oh jeez. You're upset over a few comments he made while he was apparently intoxicated and in a less than positive mood? And it's not like he made these comments last night... C'mon

Check it out: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/19905605/detail.html

"I hate this ******* city!" he said. I guess he didn't like it that he was stopped
for a DUI. Maybe he is unaware that other cities have police forces, too.

Up until now, I have been all for keeping Marshall and making him come back to
the team. But now I'm beginning to hope they just jettison him for what they
can get.

He loves those kids. Right. So that is why he is setting the example he is? He is
so full of himself that he is completely unaware that he is ruining his own career.
It is my personal opinion that, at this rate, he will follow Vick and Pac Man on
out of football . . . :tsk:

-----

claymore
07-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Last time I was pulled over I called the female cop a lesbian. Did I mean it? No. Do I regret it? No.

Marshal has seen some pretty bad stuff in Denver, and I dont blame him for hating it. Hopefully we maximize his value to the fullest.

Tned
07-01-2009, 07:07 AM
I only skimmed the article yesterday, but if I read it right, he said it two years ago, while pulled over drunk.

If that's the case, I think it's:

1. Old news
2. No big deal, in that he was ranting when drunk.

How many of you guys have gone on off on a rant when drunk, whether among friends, a bar/restaraunt owner, or wherever? It's bad when it happens, but it is one of the problems with drinking, and some are much worse than others (in terms of how they act when drunk -- nasty vs. happy go luckky, for instance).

Since that time, he was a regular on the CBS4 Jay Cutler show last year, and was the guest host several tmes when Jay was not available. He did other Broncos fan shows, and gave no indication of Denver bashing when sober.

There are a lot of things to be dissapointed in Marshall about, most off the field, and now his actions this off-season, but this tirade from two years ago isn't one of them, IMO.

Den21vsBal19
07-01-2009, 07:11 AM
I've done the same thing.........................then again I don't paid millions & have 75,000 people cheeing me everytime I go to work to soften the blow :tsk:

Dirk
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Old news....and old drunk news....nothing to see here IMO. :coffee:

Tned
07-01-2009, 08:12 AM
I've done the same thing.........................then again I don't paid millions & have 75,000 people cheeing me everytime I go to work to soften the blow :tsk:

While most of us don't get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and it is still a lot of money, I just figured it was worth pointing out that he wasn't being paid millions. It wasn't peanuts, but also not millions.

He received a $420,000 signing bonus, and was paid the rookie minimum salary of $275,000 in '06, and I am not sure if this thing in '07 was before or after (or during) the seasons, but his '07 salary was also the rookie minimum (or second year minimum) of $360,000.

Again, to put the salary factor in perspective, of all the WR's on the Broncos roster all or part of last year (8 or 9), Marshall was tied as the lowest paid WR on the Broncos' roster, along with the powerhouse known as Glen Martinez. This was after having a 100 reception season and on his way to another last year.

So, the guy isn't exactly destitute, but because he was a 4th round pick that WAY, WAY, WAY over performed his draft position, he is also WAY, WAY, WAY underpaid based on his performance on the field.

Now, 'only' being paid $685,000 in signing bonus and '06 salary is no excuse for his behavior when pulled over, nor is it an excuse for driving drunk. That's all on him.

T.K.O.
07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
i wish he would just lobby the court to hear his case now then get goodell to make a decision next week and get it all over with !
or i wish the broncos would just give him a nice signing bonus ( not huge but enough to make him happy) and a 4 year deal comparable to what players with similar #'s are getting with a "go to jail or get suspended clause" that works for both parties.
he brought most of the reasons he hasnt been offered an extension on himself (except the hip injury). but i do completely understand why he doesnt want to play for 25% of what most recievers with his talent are being paid.
every nfl player knows your career could be over in one play,so you better get paid while you can !...pay the man pat !

Lonestar
07-01-2009, 11:59 AM
well what ever happens IF he comes back and keeps his nose clean 95% of the DEN fans will forget about all of his crap after a few good games..

and then be calling for his head if they read about him doing anything but catching balls..

sacmar
07-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Good...cause i hate you too marshall and i hope you get traded.