PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Steve Nash to Lakers

Denver Native (Carol)
07-04-2012, 08:14 PM
In an unforeseen twist that could thrust the Los Angeles Lakers straight back into title contention, two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash has successfully negotiated a sign-and-trade deal from the Phoenix Suns to the Lakers that will team him up with Kobe Bryant, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Sources told ESPN.com that Nash, with the New York Knicks also pressing hard to complete a similar sign-and-trade deal, was swayed to join the Lakers after a determined push from Bryant and because the move keeps him in the title hunt and allows him to stay in close proximity to his three children in Phoenix.

Nash will receive a three-year deal in excess of $25 million, sources said, because the Suns ultimately agreed to sign-and-trade him to the Lakers, who can absorb Nash via the trade exception they created by dealing Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks in December.

rest - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/sources-steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

MOtorboat
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Dammit. And I liked Nash.

SR
07-04-2012, 08:17 PM
That's a huge trade. Nash is getting up there but he's still Steve Nash

MOtorboat
07-04-2012, 08:19 PM
The Lakers needed a creating point guard. It's a brilliant move by the Lakers, because Nash can create, AND hit clutch shots if they need him to.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

(I'm a huge Nash fan if you can't tell)

MOtorboat
07-05-2012, 12:20 AM
I hate this.

BroncoWave
07-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Wow, guess the Thunder and Spurs have company in the West now. As much as a I hate Kobe it would be a huge story to have him against LeBron in the finals.

Benetto
07-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I love this move...As much as I wanted to see Dwight in purp and gold, this negates it by giving up draft picks for Nash that would've went to get D12. Good, degenerative disk problems NEVER heal...And we already have a immature, crybaby playing Center.

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bean
C - Bynum
PF - Gasol
F - MWP

Not bad at all!! I like it.

Benetto
07-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Man, I totally forgot Nash can hit 3's....Finally someone on the Lakes since Horry or Rice who can hit 3's more then not..

MileHighCrew
07-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Sucks to be a Raptors fan yet again

CoachChaz
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Sucks to be a Raptors fan yet again

Could be worse...you could have struck out on Williams and Nash and be stuck over-paying to bring back a 40 year old Jason Kidd.

BroncoNut
07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
is steve nash at least part African American? serious question

CoachChaz
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
is steve nash at least part African American? serious question

He's Canadian

BroncoNut
07-05-2012, 10:43 AM
He's Canadian

He's a good little player that is for sure.

Chef Zambini
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM
is steve nash at least part African American? serious questionhis parents are from south africa so actually, he is an african canadian !
I love nash, I hate the lakers!
but love is stronger than hate and i hope NASH gets his ring !
for the first time in my life I will be rooting for the lakers, the steve nash lakers.

NightTerror218
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
I hate Lakers with passion, why did they have to sign a player I like?

EMB6903
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I think bynum/ world peace / fillers would be enough to trade for Howard.

Howard doesn't want to play for the lakers is the only problem.

Bynum will benefit most from Nash being a laker. I can easily see him being the most dominant presence on that team now playing with Nash.

CoachChaz
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm cool with the Lakers. My Mavs havent done shit since Cuban is too busy filming Shark Tank, so at least it gives me someone to hope can dethrone Miami next year

Canmore
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Steve Nash! I'm thrilled.

Benetto
07-06-2012, 02:03 AM
I would also like to add in here, that as much as I love the acquisition, I hate even more how players recruit "big 3s" and start up little dream teams... I am against the NBA turning into what the yanks have done to baseball.

CoachChaz
07-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I would also like to add in here, that as much as I love the acquisition, I hate even more how players recruit "big 3s" and start up little dream teams... I am against the NBA turning into what the yanks have done to baseball.

Amen paisan! Unfortunately...it will continue to be the trend in major markets as long as it sells tickets and merchandise.

Chef Zambini
07-06-2012, 02:03 PM
players dont give a rats ass about marketing, these movements and big 3 allignments are being orchestrated by PLAYERS who are in search of a RING !
the media and marketing gurus are just catching the wave !

Kobe and nash put this deal together, they dont give a shit about marketing.

Chef Zambini
07-06-2012, 02:07 PM
... and as for cuban, nothing is more important to him than his mavs. every fan should want an owner like cuban.
his team is old and needs to turnover, it happens, cuban will do everything he can to make his team a contender as soon as possible, mav fans should have zero to bitch about when it comes to cuban !

CoachChaz
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
... and as for cuban, nothing is more important to him than his mavs. every fan should want an owner like cuban.
his team is old and needs to turnover, it happens, cuban will do everything he can to make his team a contender as soon as possible, mav fans should have zero to bitch about when it comes to cuban !

Well...he dismantled a title winning team in the hopes of making it younger for a longer run when some key names became free agents. When that time came...he was off filming a tv show instead of building his team. Now all of the top talent is out creating their own "Big 3" teams. There is no doubt he will do what it takes for the Mavs...he just missed the boat this time.

Ravage!!!
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I have ZERO issues with players contacting other players to come play with them.. NONE. Why would I be bothered by one player wanting another good player to come play with them? Dumerville tweeted for Manning to come to Denver...should I be upset with Elvis for prompting Peyton to come to Denver?

Ravage!!!
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Well...he dismantled a title winning team in the hopes of making it younger for a longer run when some key names became free agents. When that time came...he was off filming a tv show instead of building his team. Now all of the top talent is out creating their own "Big 3" teams. There is no doubt he will do what it takes for the Mavs...he just missed the boat this time.

If the deal didn't get done, it had NOTHING to do with him on a TV show. Believe me, he has more than enough time to deal his business, not to mention has people hired to handle things, as well as people will wait a few moments for HIM....the the need be the case. He may have not hired the players you wanted, or made mistakes, but it had nothing to do with him neglecting his Mavs for filming Shark Tank.

CoachChaz
07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
If the deal didn't get done, it had NOTHING to do with him on a TV show. Believe me, he has more than enough time to deal his business, not to mention has people hired to handle things, as well as people will wait a few moments for HIM....the the need be the case. He may have not hired the players you wanted, or made mistakes, but it had nothing to do with him neglecting his Mavs for filming Shark Tank.

I'm glad you know everything about this. Instead of listening to what the players involved and team officials say...I should have just asked you to begin with.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I think bynum/ world peace / fillers would be enough to trade for Howard.

Howard doesn't want to play for the lakers is the only problem.

Bynum will benefit most from Nash being a laker. I can easily see him being the most dominant presence on that team now playing with Nash.

Gasol will have an all star season with Nash, but I don't know that it helps Bynum much. He's too slow to run the pick and roll. I think if the Lakers can find a star to trade Bynum for they should find him the first plane ticket out of town.

Ravage!!!
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm glad you know everything about this. Instead of listening to what the players involved and team officials say...I should have just asked you to begin with.

Come on, coach. He's an EXTREMELY smart man that knows his business VERY well. Its well known that the Mavs are his passion above ANYTHING else... as well as his large bank account. If you want to believe that he "Missed out" , or neglected, his BIG money making passion, because he "couldn't get away" from the SHark Tank.... fine with me. Believe that foolishness

Chef Zambini
07-12-2012, 01:25 PM
howard will be a laker,
bynum will be the the other guy at check point charlie
book it, zambini says so.