PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn bound: Williams takes Nets' $98 million deal

Denver Native (Carol)
07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Deron Williams is moving to Brooklyn with the Nets, instead of back home to Dallas.

The All-Star point guard said on his Twitter page Tuesday night that he "made a very tough decision today" and posted a picture of the Nets' new team logo that accompanies their move from New Jersey to Brooklyn.

A person with knowledge of the decision said Williams told the team he was accepting their five-year contract worth $98 million. The person confirmed the agreement on condition of anonymity because contracts can't be signed until July 11.

rest - http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/03/deron-williams-nets.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I'm sorry, but IMO, I don't think he is worth any where near this $ amount.

MOtorboat
07-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Why isn't the best point guard in the league worth that?

Jsteve01
07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I agree with mo. There is only one PG in the league who's Williams caliber: Paul and he has knee issues. I'd pay this to Williams in a heartbeat

Denver Native (Carol)
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Guess I don't consider him the best point guard in the league.

Poet
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm a boston fan and I would not trade Rondo for Williams.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm a boston fan and I would not trade Rondo for Williams.

I'm sure most Chicago fans would feel the same way in regards to a "healthy" Rose

Benetto
07-05-2012, 06:54 AM
D Rose's numbers are almost identical to D Will's (career stats)...Just a matter of personal opinion on who's the best...I guess...Rather have Rose, personally. D Will's face is VERY annoying.

CoachChaz
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I wanted DWill to come back home (played with him on the playground when he was a kid and friend of my little brother). I would pay that money for him in a minute. He's excelled in his career thus far while playing for mediocre/bad teams. If we could have paired him with Dirk and a slasher...who knows what he could have done. I dont think the roster Brooklyn has will be ideal for him and I really dont think he and an overpaid Joe Johnson are much competition for the Bulls, Celts and Heat.

2013 NBA finals...Lakers-Heat