PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrr! XBOX360 died again!

Requiem / The Dagda
10-27-2007, 04:31 PM
This is really making me angry. This is the second time in a year where an XBOX360 has crapped out on me. I know they recently extended their warranties out all over again, but honestly - what kind of BS is this!?

sneakers
10-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Sorry to hear that....perhaps it will work again in the morning after a little break.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks Sneakers. . .

So this actually happened to be a blessing in disguise.

When I bought my "PRO" system, it was 399.99 bucks, but now it's only 349.99 and coincidentally, it came with two free games (Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2 - not the best, but hey - they're awesome for free!) and I ended up getting 50+ bucks in Best Buy credit to make up for the real value.

So, I come out with a newer system - that has some cables and things mine originally didn't have - with two new games and 50 bucks store credit to spend on whatever I need. How awesome is that!?

AlWilsonizKING
10-28-2007, 04:22 PM
So, I come out with a newer system - that has some cables and things mine originally didn't have - with two new games and 50 bucks store credit to spend on whatever I need. How awesome is that!?

What kind of BS is that?

hehe J/k

Nice turnaround there.......

PEACE!!!

ChampWJ
10-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Did you have a best buy service plan on it? Just curious how you pulled that off without involving Microsoft.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Did you have a best buy service plan on it? Just curious how you pulled that off without involving Microsoft.

Yeah, I had a two year service plan. So, I've returned it twice - so now that plan is gone.

They were like, "Would you like to pay 80 dollars for two more years of service on in store replacements for this one?"

I was like, "No, XBOX will repair it if I send it in to them."

So yeah, two free games, new system and 50 bucks in cash. EYAH. :D

KCL
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
its always nice when something good like this happens.

Good for you Dream!!!

The wonders of electronics...my big screen went out last week

just about a month after the warranty ran out....:mad:

But I did some googling and found out what it was...(which hubby
already knew what the problem was)

but I was able to order the part on line with the directions on how
to install it...Now I am just waiting for the part to see if its as easy
as they say...:laugh:

Stargazer
12-16-2007, 03:26 AM
When you turned your 360 in did you check to see if it's the falcon chip?

Stargazer
12-16-2007, 03:27 AM
Referring to the new one you received, which sounds like the holiday bundle.