PDA

View Full Version : SEC football

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nomad
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
You gotta love this conference on how the teams beat up on each other. Today Miss St whips up on Kentucky and Miss St is average at best. Florida and Georgia going at it. Vandy beats a Steve Spurrier team for the first time ever. Alabama laid the wood to Tenn last weekend. LSU squeaks out a couple wins with a dominant team and loses in a 3 OT game. LSU/Alabama will be a great game next weekend and it'll be anybody's game. I haven't mentioned all the teams. Watching the Florida/Georgia now and it's a battle and a fun game to watch. You gotta love SEC football this time of the year.

ChampWJ
10-28-2007, 01:43 AM
My Bulldogs finally came out on top of Florida!!! They were much more emotional and inspired than Florida from the opening kickoff and sustained that intensity to the finish.

Salute to Coach Richt, Bulldog Nation is proud!

Escobar
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
My Bulldogs finally came out on top of Florida!!! They were much more emotional and inspired than Florida from the opening kickoff and sustained that intensity to the finish.

indeed man! nice game!

My devils won on homecoming night against 21st ranked bears 31-20! :beer:

Nomad
10-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Your Dawgs looked good! I liked the way the team came out on the 1st TD. You never know, may be another Georgia/LSU SECCG. This time I hope LSU comes to play rather than that whoppin they got a couple years ago.:tsk: I'm sure you enjoyed that!;)

Nomad
11-03-2007, 06:38 PM
LSU exposed and still owned by Nick Saban! :tsk:When #1 in the SEC West is on the line LSU doesn't show up:tsk:really pisses me off, supposedly they are the better team. National title would be great but playing mediocre for the #1 spot in SEC west is unexcusable. Les Miles needs to get his arrogant a** back to earth and play LSU football. Sorry for the rant (not that anyone cares) but turnovers and penalties are eating me up.

lex
11-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Anyone watching the Arkansas-South Carolina game? This is the best RB play this year between Boyd, Jones, and McFadden.

lex
11-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Anyone watching the Arkansas-South Carolina game? This is the best RB play this year between Boyd, Jones, and McFadden.

Aaaand, McFadden just takes it 80 to the house to push his rushing total to 270 yards.

lex
11-03-2007, 10:40 PM
He just hit 300 yards.

Nomad
11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Another big weekend in SEC country! Game of the week is the showdown with Auburn vs. Georgia, ChampWJ I'll be a Dawg fan this weekend. Dawgs win and they'll be atop SEC East. Alabama vs. Miss St, I hope somehow the Bulldogs find a way to win. If Auburn and Alabama lose and LSU should win against La Tech (God forbid they lose or La Tech make it close then I'll have to bury my head in the sand) then LSU will be atop the SEC West by 2 games but LSU still has two tough games against Ole Miss and Arkansas before looking forward to the SECCG and yes hopefully Tenn beats Ark. Then you have the Spurrier Bowl between Florida and South Carolina. Kentucky vs Vandy! Another great weekend of SEC football!

ChampWJ
11-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Go Georgia!!! I have seen people picking Auburn in an upset today, but I really don't see why that would happen with the way the Dawgs have been playing recently, and Auburn can't score any points. Knowshon Moreno has 600 yards and 6 TD's in his last 3 games. Not bad for a Redshirt Freshman! I guess we'll find out how this one will turn out later this afternoon, but I don't see UGA being upset at home in this one. Should be a fun one to watch.

And Georgia will not be in first in the East if Tennessee wins. Tennessee has a tie-breaker over Georgia if both teams win out, so I really hope Arkansas comes to play today. However, finishing second in the East while being a top-10 team might not be so bad, because I really don't care to face LSU this year. The team that comes out of the East will likely have another loss in the SEC Championship game to deal with, while Georgia could be looking at an At-Large BCS bid if they win out and don't have to play LSU.

Nomad
11-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Boy WJ, I think this is the same officiating crew that did the LSU/Auburn game! I wonder how much Auburn is filling Tuberville's pocket!;) Dawgs up 31-20, 13:00 min to go in the game!:beer: Soon to be 38

Nomad
11-10-2007, 06:54 PM
What a day WJ! The Buckeyes lose:elefant:, Alabama and Auburn lose, now I hope LSU doesn't screw it up. Another Dawg TD, laying the wood to Auburn - I love it!:D

Nomad
11-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Congrats to LSU, SEC West Champs! Two tough rivalry games left against Ole Miss and Ark. My only concern is LSU will the "I don't care attitude" and play sloppy in those games looking forward to Georgia or Tenn!

ChampWJ
11-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Georgia is 9 in the BCS now. Highest ranked 2 loss team, and I would not be surprised to see another team above them lose. Tennessee is still likely to win out and play LSU in the SEC Title game, which is totally fine with me, because Georgia is looking poised to get an At-Large BCS bid without having to play LSU. With the way they beat Florida and Auburn, I think they could hang with LSU, but if they can get a BCS bowl without that, I'm all for it. They were heavy underdogs against them in 05 and stomped them at their home away from home in Atlanta.

As it stands right now, I like LSU in the National Title game, and Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. And Knowshon Moreno for Freshman of the Year (that kid is dominant).

Nomad
11-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Actually WJ , the Dawgs scare me! They're peaking at the right time and so far LSU hasn't beaten an SEC team convincingly since the Miss St game!

ChampWJ
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Actually WJ , the Dawgs scare me! They're peaking at the right time and so far LSU hasn't beaten an SEC team convincingly since the Miss St game!

That is a good point. However, if Georgia does end up facing LSU in the SEC Title game and beats them, they will go to the Sugar Bowl, not the National Title Game. If LSU wins out, they will vacate the SEC's automatic bid to the Sugar Bowl, and I've read several things that have Georgia replacing them in the Sugar Bowl in that scenario. That's what I'm rooting for, I want my Bulldogs in the Sugar Bowl and LSU in the title game.

It looks like the Sugar Bowl is the highest Georgia can get, but they don't really need to beat LSU to get there. I'd just assume Tennessee go lose to LSU and keep things the way they are right now.

On a side note, if Georgia get's to the Sugar Bowl, I really hope we draw West Virginia. We have a little revenge in mind for that trick play BS they pulled on us in '05 after we came all the way back from being down 28-0 in the first half and they fake punted on us at the end of the game.

Nomad
11-18-2007, 06:09 PM
WJ, Georgia lives on in the top ten and Tenn still has the edge going into the SECCG. I didn't know Tenn had the advantage, but it should be a tough game for them with Kentucky. And I don't know much about the Georgia/GT rivalry.

LSU has Arkansas Friday afternoon and this game worries me. I hope they show up to play knowing they have the SECCG on their minds.

eessydo
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Georgia Tech sucks, no problems for Georgia there. LSU should beat Arkansas like a rag dog.

Now if Florida could just get their heads out of their asses I could be as happy as the rest of you. Guess I will just have to settle for all that success we had last year. Tebow is overrated.

Nomad
11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I can't believe the game is already here because that means it's the end of the regular college season for the Tigers! Listening to all the analysts, they are right about this being a more dangerous game for LSU than the SECCG and LSU being banged up on offense and defense. I think Houston Nutt gameplans for this game, McFadden has a great game and Miles gets outcoached and LSU gets outplayed. Usually I have good feelings going into this game but for some reason I don't see this being a good game for LSU. I guess a little too much turkey or my pessimistic side really coming out but I think Ark will win this game!:pout:Shame on me as a fan!:tsk:

Tned
11-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I can't believe the game is already here because that means it's the end of the regular college season for the Tigers! Listening to all the analysts, they are right about this being a more dangerous game for LSU than the SECCG and LSU being banged up on offense and defense. I think Houston Nutt gameplans for this game, McFadden has a great game and Miles gets outcoached and LSU gets outplayed. Usually I have good feelings going into this game but for some reason I don't see this being a good game for LSU. I guess a little too much turkey or my pessimistic side really coming out but I think Ark will win this game!:pout:Shame on me as a fan!:tsk:

With his injuries and Arkansas not having as good a season this year as last, this high-publicity game is going to be McFadden's hail-mary toss in terms of the Hesman race. Not too mention draft position if he does come out after this season.

Tned
11-23-2007, 02:47 PM
With his injuries and Arkansas not having as good a season this year as last, this high-publicity game is going to be McFadden's hail-mary toss in terms of the Hesman race. Not too mention draft position if he does come out after this season.

Well, fumbling the opening kickoff return isn't the way to throw a "Hail Mary" in the Heisman race. lol

Tned
11-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, fumbling the opening kickoff return isn't the way to throw a "Hail Mary" in the Heisman race. lol

Wow, he fumbles the second kickoff of the game, too. At least he recovered that one. Maybe with a horrible game, he will fall far enough for the Broncos to get him. :D

Nomad
11-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Glenn Dorsey hurting! Not good! I wouldn't mind McFadden in a BRONCOS uniform.:D

Tned
11-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Glenn Dorsey hurting! Not good! I wouldn't mind McFadden in a BRONCOS uniform.:D

I only caught the end of the sideline report, when they said they were putting heat on it. Was it his back or leg?

Nomad
11-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I only caught the end of the sideline report, when they said they were putting heat on it. Was it his back or leg?

Tailbone!:confused: he was having back spasms and his leg is tender but now it's his lower back!

Tned
11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Tailbone!:confused: he was having back spasms and his leg is tender but now it's his lower back!

The Hawgs can't get any offensive momentum. Might help if they had a passing game. Can't believe they are still in this game.

Nomad
11-23-2007, 03:40 PM
The Hawgs can't get any offensive momentum. Might help if they had a passing game. Can't believe they are still in this game.

Neither can the Tigers! That's why this team is so frustrating, inconsistency! One game offense is on fire and defense is playing vanilla, and today it's the opposite. If LSU does not put points on the board eventually Nutt will find the weakness in LSU defense and start scoring points. In other words LSU's offense needs to get their heads out of their rearends

Tned
11-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow, a third McFadden fumble. Gitters about playing in his last college game?

Tned
11-23-2007, 03:49 PM
We have a ball game.

Nomad
11-23-2007, 03:49 PM
See what i mean tned! i think Ark starts to run away with it now! LSU are in a bubble!

Tned
11-23-2007, 04:43 PM
See what i mean tned! i think Ark starts to run away with it now! LSU are in a bubble!

Well that didn't happen, but these teams are continuing to grind it out.

Tned
11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Great block by the QB, ****, as McFadden was about to be caught from behind. I think McFadden thought he was clear, because he didn't seem to be running full out.

Sorry, but I think LSU might have just lost the number one ranking to a crap team. It often happens that way.

Nomad
11-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Well that didn't happen, but these teams are continuing to grind it out.

Be patient tned! You will see what i mean! The crowds not in it, the caoch is thinking of Ann Arbor, and the players well I don't know! Ark wins this game 31 - 17.

Tned
11-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Be patient tned! You will see what i mean! The crowds not in it, the caoch is thinking of Ann Arbor, and the players well I don't know! Ark wins this game 31 - 17.

It's a long way from over, a two point conversion away from being tied.

Tned
11-23-2007, 05:10 PM
It looks like we are heading into shootout territory.

Tned
11-23-2007, 06:13 PM
LOL, unbelievable catch. Ball gets tipped and still completed. LSU isn't laying down and dieing here.

Tned
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
LOL, I bet LSU fans are on a bit of a rollercoaster ride. In the end, all that timeout did was make it harder for Arkansas to win it in regulation.

Tned
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow, you don't expect Arkansas to make clutch 4th down plays.

Nomad
11-23-2007, 07:16 PM
I was wrong tned about ARK running away with it but I knew LSU used up all their lucky games during the year, hats off to Houston Nutt and McFadden. LSU is going to be blown out in the SECCG, mark my words!

By the way, tned, McFadden's stock just went up in the draft!

Escobar
11-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, you don't expect Arkansas to make clutch 4th down plays.

goodjob by your team to knockout the number 1 team in the country

Tned
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM
goodjob by your team to knockout the number 1 team in the country

Since Arkansas had no place to go, part of me wanted LSU to win, but I must admit the other part of me was jumping up and down everytime they made a play in OT when I thought the game was over.

I was wrong tned about ARK running away with it but I knew LSU used up all their lucky games during the year, hats off to Houston Nutt and McFadden. LSU is going to be blown out in the SECCG, mark my words!

By the way, tned, McFadden's stock just went up in the draft!

It's a shame really, but since Arkansas really has no offense other than McFadden and Jones, it has gotten harder and harder for them to make the big/explosive plays, and instead have tended to grind it out.

I think they said he moved into third overall in the SEC career rushing, passing Bo Jackson today. Not too bad for a three year career.

While I figure McFadden goes top 5, I am curious if Felix Jones comes out and where he will go. He has really been a pretty impressive runner himself.

Nomad
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
So your an ARK guy, hey tned! I was wondering why you were monitoring this game so much! Nutt was crying after the game, but he had good reasons to.

Tned
11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
So your an ARK guy, hey tned! I was wondering why you were monitoring this game so much! Nutt was crying after the game, but he had good reasons to.

Yea, I guess I never put my state in my profile over here. lol.

I'm not a huge college football fan, but I watched the Razorbacks when they are televised, which has only been about a half dozen times this year.

Yep, it was a tough season, and a lot of talk about it being Nutt's last game. If it is, I am sure he wanted to go out with a win.

The team is too one dimensional. Whether it is a failure in recruiting or coaching is open to some debate, but Arkansas better figure out how to score without McFadden touching the ball 50-70% of the plays.

ChampWJ
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Thank you Hogs!!! Now at least 3 of the top 6 teams will have lost by the time this weekend is over. 1 LSU, 2 Kansas or 4 Mizzou, and 6 ASU. This means good things for my #7 Georgia team, who will be #4 if they beat Georgia Tech tomorrow. Also, go UConn, I would really love to see #3 WVU go down as well.

Tned
11-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Thank you Hogs!!! Now at least 3 of the top 6 teams will have lost by the time this weekend is over. 1 LSU, 2 Kansas or 4 Mizzou, and 6 ASU. This means good things for my #7 Georgia team, who will be #4 if they beat Georgia Tech tomorrow. Also, go UConn, I would really love to see #3 WVU go down as well.

The Wild Hog formation to the rescue.... ;D

Nomad
11-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Boy WJ too bad the Dawgs couldn't represent the SEC in the NT game.

Nomad
11-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Tned, I've been reading on the LSU fan forums and they're talking about this being revenge for a game played in 1966. I was born in 1973 so I'm going to have to research the game. Anyway, ARK was in the SWC conference and #2 in the nation and was playing the underdog LSU Tigers in the Cotton Bowl. Long story short, LSU beat the Hogs 14-7 ruining their #2 ranking! You seem to be older than me and I'm wondering if you remember this game. My dad would have been a freshman in college (going to McNeese) and my mom graduated in '67, I may have to ask them.

ChampWJ
11-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Boy WJ too bad the Dawgs couldn't represent the SEC in the NT game.

We will have to wait and see won't we? Georgia will most likely be #4 after this weekend if they beat GT. That requires a couple teams in front of them to lose, and even if that happens, Kansas still might only have 1 loss, so who knows. Here's how it could happen, granted it requires a lot of help.

1) #3 West Virginia loses today to #20 UConn, then
2) The winner of Kansas, Mizzou loses the Big 12 title game as the #1 or #2 team, then
3) Maybe just maybe it would be Georgia vs. Ohio State in the NT game.

I'm happy with any BCS game really, but now that the possibility is there, I'm really hoping things go that way.

BroncoWave
11-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Since this is the SEC football thread I feel like I should give a shout out to Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl yesterday. That was easily the greatest football game I have ever attended. Mississippi State played like utter dog poop for the first 50 minutes of the game but went on a remarkable 17-0 run to win 17-14. That football team has some true character and I have never been prouder of them!

Tned
11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Tned, I've been reading on the LSU fan forums and they're talking about this being revenge for a game played in 1966. I was born in 1973 so I'm going to have to research the game. Anyway, ARK was in the SWC conference and #2 in the nation and was playing the underdog LSU Tigers in the Cotton Bowl. Long story short, LSU beat the Hogs 14-7 ruining their #2 ranking! You seem to be older than me and I'm wondering if you remember this game. My dad would have been a freshman in college (going to McNeese) and my mom graduated in '67, I may have to ask them.

I'm only a few years older than you, so I wasn't born when that '66 game was played. I started to say it might be a stretch to look 40 years back for a source of revenge, but the way college teams/fans are, it probably isn't a stretch.

ChampWJ
11-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Since this is the SEC football thread I feel like I should give a shout out to Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl yesterday. That was easily the greatest football game I have ever attended. Mississippi State played like utter dog poop for the first 50 minutes of the game but went on a remarkable 17-0 run to win 17-14. That football team has some true character and I have never been prouder of them!

I'll give another shout out to the "other" Bulldogs in the SEC. Great season for them to go 7-5. It's good to see coach Croom finally getting some respect because he's done a lot for that program. I hope they go to a bowl game.

Nomad
11-24-2007, 02:52 PM

They did a great job being down 14. I'm glad LSU played the Bulldogs at the beginning of the year instead of now because they're peaking at the right time and should be going to Shreveport for the Independence Bowl.

Funny thing I remember about MSST and the Independence Bowl is we just got stationed at Barksdale AFB in Bossier city in 2000 and MSST played Texas A&M in the Independence Bowl. Anyway, this game is known as the "Snow Bowl" there because it snowed about 6" during the game and was a blast to watch because I was there. And Shreveport rarely gets snow!

BroncoWave
11-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll give another shout out to the "other" Bulldogs in the SEC. Great season for them to go 7-5. It's good to see coach Croom finally getting some respect because he's done a lot for that program. I hope they go to a bowl game.

They will. The director of the Liberty Bowl said that if State won the Egg Bowl he would walk to Starkville and personally hand them an invitation!

He was obviously being somewhat facetious but you get the point!

Nomad
11-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey TNED, do you think Jacob Hester (FB LSU)would looked good in a BRONCO uniform?

Tned
11-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey TNED, do you think Jacob Hester (FB LSU)would looked good in a BRONCO uniform?

Yesterday was the first time I had watched him play, since as I said, I don't watch a lot of college ball, but he looked real good yesterday.

BroncoWave
11-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Did Phil Fulmer not learn from Coach O yesterday? Going for it on 4th down with a nice lead in the 4th quarter when you can punt and pin them deep. I hope for his sake it doesn't backfire like it did on Ole Miss.

Nomad
11-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Dawgs about to head to the DOME WJ! I'm reading the LSU fan forums and the fans are dreading seeing the DAWGS and so am I! I'll watch the game peeking through my fingers!:laugh:

Guess I was wrong!

BroncoWave
11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
I have a feeling that LSU will win the SECCG. I don't think they will have a letdown 2 weeks in a row.

BroncoBJ
11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
I love SEC football. Maybe because almost every game seems to go to Overtime or because they are on CBS? I dont know but SEC is always my favorite brand of football.

Come on Kentucky. :salute:

ChampWJ
11-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Great job Georgia!! They didn't worry about what was going on in the UT/UK game and took care of business. They will probably be #4 in the BCS now and have probably locked up a BCS bowl appearance. I highly doubt this will happen, but they will still have an outside shot of the title game if WVU somehow loses to Pitt next week and Mizzou loses to OU.

It doesn't matter to me though, I'm more than happy with a BCS bowl in a year where we were supposed to be rebuilding because all our stars were Freshman/Sophomores. We were supposed to be a year or two away, but I'd say it worked out. I guess that's what happens when you consistently have a top 5-10 recruiting class. Now that will only improve.

eessydo
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know if it will get better, Georgia is one of those teams that does well in the years with little expectation (other than the nineties and the Vince Dooley era) and chokes like a dog on a bone every year they are tagged to win the championship and contend for the title.

And those are your Georgia Bulldogs.

Being a Florida fan, this makes me happy. THis year though, I hope they get a shot. Would rather see the SEC compete for the national championship than some BS big east school or some overrated PAC 10 whoosy school.

Watchthemiddle
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Well this weekend has sucked for me. First LSU losing and now the Broncos.

Both in OT.

:mad::mad:

ChampWJ
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't know if it will get better, Georgia is one of those teams that does well in the years with little expectation (other than the nineties and the Vince Dooley era) and chokes like a dog on a bone every year they are tagged to win the championship and contend for the title.

And those are your Georgia Bulldogs.

Being a Florida fan, this makes me happy. THis year though, I hope they get a shot. Would rather see the SEC compete for the national championship than some BS big east school or some overrated PAC 10 whoosy school.

I might agree with you if they were actually ever picked to win a championship or contend for a title. They are always the overlooked team in a division with Florida and Tennessee, yet seem to win just as many conference championships, go to just as many BCS bowls, and have top 10 recruiting classes on a year in, year out basis.

Escobar
11-25-2007, 08:44 PM
dawgs are doing great...they moved up since my devils lost .... but goodjob

Nomad
11-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Well this weekend has sucked for me. First LSU losing and now the Broncos.

Both in OT.

:mad::mad:

I feel the same way!

eessydo
11-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I might agree with you if they were actually ever picked to win a championship or contend for a title. They are always the overlooked team in a division with Florida and Tennessee, yet seem to win just as many conference championships, go to just as many BCS bowls, and have top 10 recruiting classes on a year in, year out basis.

You were picked to contend for the title

2003 - preseason rank 5 (top SEC team)
2004 - preseason rank 3 (top SEC team)

You were not over looked either of those years and you couldn't get it done. FYI, in the last 15 years you have only won 2 SEC titles, compared to Florida's 7. Overall you have more titles, third to Alabama and tennessee.

You only have two (technically 4 but you lost both tiebreakers) divisional titles in the past 15 years.

The biggest difference is that Florida (2) Tennessee (1) have more National titles than Georgia (0) over the last 15 years. Something the Dawgs have not sniffed since 1980 (27 years long years ago.

You were supposed to get one in 2004 but couldn't even win the division losing to Tennessee.

I think you are stretching it a little on ALL of your statements.

ChampWJ
11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
You were picked to contend for the title

2003 - preseason rank 5 (top SEC team)
2004 - preseason rank 3 (top SEC team)

You were not over looked either of those years and you couldn't get it done. FYI, in the last 15 years you have only won 2 SEC titles, compared to Florida's 7. Overall you have more titles, third to Alabama and tennessee.

You only have two (technically 4 but you lost both tiebreakers) divisional titles in the past 15 years.

The biggest difference is that Florida (2) Tennessee (1) have more National titles than Georgia (0) over the last 15 years. Something the Dawgs have not sniffed since 1980 (27 years long years ago.

You were supposed to get one in 2004 but couldn't even win the division losing to Tennessee.

I think you are stretching it a little on ALL of your statements.

Take a look at the preseason rankings this year and tell me how reliable those are.

Still, I'm not sure why you feel the need to rain on my parade here or turn this into an argument. I am well aware of Georgia's struggles in the past (especially with Florida). It's even more magnified considering how many star NFL players they've produced in the last few years. Champ Bailey, Hines Ward, Richard Seymour, Terrell Davis, Charles Grant, Marcus Stroud, etc.

They have drastically improved since hiring Mark Richt as coach in 2001. They have won the SEC twice since 2002, so I'm not complaining. Feels so good to have them ranked #4 in the BCS. They are the highest ranked team in the SEC at the end of the season. I'm more than happy with that.

The future looks very bright as well. The core of their team is young. Knowshon Moreno is already a game-changing back. His backup next year, Caleb King was highly recruited nationally. Matt Stafford is coming into his own, and he was the number 1 recruited QB last year over Tebow. The rest of the team is also dominated by underclassmen.

This is going to be fun to watch for the foreseeable future.

Nomad
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I would like to see WV lose and Missouri lose so Georgia can go lay the wood to the Luckeyes who by far doesn't deserve even a remote chance of being in the NT.

rcsodak
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I would like to see WV lose and Missouri lose so Georgia can go lay the wood to the Luckeyes who by far doesn't deserve even a remote chance of being in the NT.

And I thought you wanted OU to win so they could lay some wood on somebody....:tsk:

:cool:

eessydo
11-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Take a look at the preseason rankings this year and tell me how reliable those are.

Still, I'm not sure why you feel the need to rain on my parade here or turn this into an argument...............

Not raining on your parade, just showing you how you are not "ALWAYS THE OVERLOOKED TEAM" as you put it. You seem to have this idea that no one has ever seen Georgia as a viable threat to win the championship and that you win just as much as the other power houses in the division. Both of which are not true.

You choke during the years you are declared the leader int he division, and win when no one expects anything. My original point to begin with which you seemed to emphatically disagree with.

ChampWJ
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Not raining on your parade, just showing you how you are not "ALWAYS THE OVERLOOKED TEAM" as you put it. You seem to have this idea that no one has ever seen Georgia as a viable threat to win the championship and that you win just as much as the other power houses in the division. Both of which are not true.

You choke during the years you are declared the leader int he division, and win when no one expects anything. My original point to begin with which you seemed to emphatically disagree with.

I do disagree. Nationally. In the SEC I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think you'll get too many people nationwide that think Georgia has been on the same level as USC, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Miami, etc since the early 1980's.

All I was saying is that they have been a notch below those teams for years now, and they might be ready to take that step in the next year or two and actually be picked to contend for a national title for a change.

eessydo
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I do disagree. Nationally. In the SEC I can see where you are coming from, but I don't think you'll get too many people nationwide that think Georgia has been on the same level as USC, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Miami, etc since the early 1980's.

All I was saying is that they have been a notch below those teams for years now, and they might be ready to take that step in the next year or two and actually be picked to contend for a national title for a change.

I think it is natural to be gun shy when you pick them a couple of years and fail to live up to expectations. FYI, It think Georgia has a shot in two years if Stafford sticks around, but it appears Florida will be the major obstacle.

Ultimately if you can come out of the SEC with 1 loss you are a contender for the title.

Besides, I am still not sure how you can state that considering your pre-season rankings in 2003 and 2004?? Clearly everyone picked you as the frontrunner in the SEC those years.

ChampWJ
11-27-2007, 04:27 PM
FYI, It think Georgia has a shot in two years if Stafford sticks around, but it appears Florida will be the major obstacle.

Agreed. That's been the case pretty much since Spurrier took over. I think Tennessee is in a downswing, and I don't really think South Carolina is in position to have any kind of sustained success. I think Georgia and Florida will be the class of the SEC East for several more years with the recruiting classes they've been bringing in.

Besides, I am still not sure how you can state that considering your pre-season rankings in 2003 and 2004?? Clearly everyone picked you as the frontrunner in the SEC those years.

They were picked to do well those years, and did do well in my opinion.

In 2003, Georgia was the defending SEC champion, leading to the high preseason ranking. They had an 11 win season, losing twice to national champion LSU once in Baton Rouge and another time in the SEC title game and once to Florida. Quoted from georgiadogs.com: "The 11-win performance was especially gratifying in a year that was supposed to be a rebuilding process--not to mention the high rate of injuries that sidelined a total of 44 players, including 24 starterrs, for a total of over 100 games."

In 2004, Georgia finished #7, went 10-2, with the only losses being at home to Tennessee and at Auburn. Auburn was 13-0 and finished #2 and had 3 players picked in the top 9 of the NFL draft.

Nomad
11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Les Miles already given permission to head to Ann Arbor to speak with Michigan right after SECCG. Bo Pelini already has spoken to Nebraska. Glenn Dorsey hurting badly and will be a limited factor, Matt Flynn hurt and questionable, team spirit going down the tubes. LSU looks like it's going to have another rough SECCG!:tsk:

rcsodak
11-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Les Miles already given permission to head to Ann Arbor to speak with Michigan right after SECCG. Bo Pelini already has spoken to Nebraska. Glenn Dorsey hurting badly and will be a limited factor, Matt Flynn hurt and questionable, team spirit going down the tubes. LSU looks like it's going to have another rough SECCG!:tsk:

Hey, look on the bright side, nomad....

....Alabama likes to get screwed by coaches leaving early....

...and saban likes to leave on a whim.

Maybe saban will get hired back on to replace Miles.....:laugh:

Az Snake
11-29-2007, 08:30 PM

Knowing those Bama Boosters, Saban is likely to get tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail !

He'd better "whim" out first !

:lol:

rcsodak
11-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Knowing those Bama Boosters, Saban is likely to get tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail !

He'd better "whim" out first !

:lol:

Hey, I've seen a "whim" firsthand....

....and saban sits with the best of 'em.....:cool:

Nomad
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Hey, look on the bright side, nomad....

....Alabama likes to get screwed by coaches leaving early....

Maybe saban will get hired back on to replace Miles.....:laugh:

Yeah RC, I've been on the Tigerforums.com alot lately and the coaching rumors have been crazy there. From Saban coming back to Steve Spurrier, hell even Tommy Tuberville and Jack Del Rio:eek: are being thrown around over there.:laugh: It's all fun to watch then when it's all said and done if Miles gets blown out this weekend may get his interview canceled.:D

Nomad
12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Les Miles stays at LSU!

Nomad
12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
A badly wounded LSU Tigers 2007 SEC Champs!:beer:

Az Snake
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
A badly wounded LSU Tigers 2008 SEC Champs!:beer:

I think that it was cool that Miles announced his commitment to LSU before the game, rather than let the outcome affect his decision.

Congrats LSU !

:beer:

Nomad
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I think that it was cool that Miles announced his commitment to LSU before the game, rather than let the outcome affect his decision.

Congrats LSU !

:beer:

It was a good surprise! Good Luck to your SunDevils tonight! I'm watching them as we speak!

BroncoWave
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM
LSU deserves to go to the NCG and here is why:

With WV and Mizz losing they are both out. Neither Georgia or Kansas won their conference so they are out. LSU beat VT so they are out. That leaves OSU and LSU for the national title. And I think LSU would smoke them.

ChampWJ
12-02-2007, 03:47 AM

With WV and Mizz losing they are both out. Neither Georgia or Kansas won their conference so they are out. LSU beat VT so they are out. That leaves OSU and LSU for the national title. And I think LSU would smoke them.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the #7 team going into this weekend should pass 3 teams above them to get into the National Championship Game. If 1 and 2 lose, 3 and 4 should be in the title game. If LSU goes to the championship game, that would be highway robbery to Georgia, Kansas, and VT, and the NCAA should be forced to overhaul their system.

LSU has proven they aren't the #1 team in the country, losing twice with that ranking this year.

It would be an absolute joke to college football if three idle teams get passed over.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Yea I've always figured since 1 and 2 lose that 3 and 4 must move to 1 and 2 but who knows now. Everyone is talking about LSU. I cant wait though. If thats the case then VT should leapfrog everyone as well. But this is the BCS and who knows what they will come up with now. I really hope Georgia gets it. If not them I guess i'd go for LSU just because I want to see OSU get killed. :lol:

Its funny that I started liking Georgia in 1st grade when I had a college football video game and I played as Georgia. What a random way to follow a team. :lol:

oh well. I cant wait for the selection show though. :salute:

ChampWJ
12-02-2007, 04:03 AM
Yea I've always figured since 1 and 2 lose that 3 and 4 must move to 1 and 2 but who knows now. Everyone is talking about LSU. I cant wait though. If thats the case then VT should leapfrog everyone as well. But this is the BCS and who knows what they will come up with now. I really hope Georgia gets it. If not them I guess i'd go for LSU just because I want to see OSU get killed. :lol:

Its funny that I started liking Georgia in 1st grade when I had a college football video game and I played as Georgia. What a random way to follow a team. :lol:

oh well. I cant wait for the selection show though. :salute:

I'm not going to watch it because I know I'll just end up being pissed off after Georgia doesn't get in and LSU leapfrogs 3 other teams to get in. Such BS if that happens. How in the world can you be #4 and have 2 teams in front of you lose, and you not move up to #2. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Georgia would beat LSU. They have gone the longest out of all the top teams without a loss.

The media always has to meddle with things like this. If they weren't hyping this so much, 3 and 4 would move up to 1 and 2. It's ridiculous that since ESPN thinks LSU or Oklahoma should get in, they might actually sway the voters that way.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 04:07 AM
I'm not going to watch it because I know I'll just end up being pissed off after Georgia doesn't get in and LSU leapfrogs 3 other teams to get in. Such BS if that happens. How in the world can you be #4 and have 2 teams in front of you lose, and you not move up to #2. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Georgia would beat LSU. They have gone the longest out of all the top teams without a loss.

The media always has to meddle with things like this. If they weren't hyping this so much, 3 and 4 would move up to 1 and 2. It's ridiculous that since ESPN thinks LSU or Oklahoma should get in, they might actually sway the voters that way.

Yea... 3 weeks ago I was telling people out here that Georgia would get in and they all said I'm nuts. Now it looks like it could happen but I dont know.

What if the Vols beat LSU? Then would VT be in? or if BC and the Vols won. and UCLA beats USC. Then who would get in? BCS is a joke IMO.

Georgia is the hottest team and the team no one wants to play.

Do you think Georgia will get in? Or do you think they are going to give it to LSU like everyone is saying?

I never know what to expect with the BCS but if the top 2 teams lose then 3 and 4 should move up.

Its been a wack year.

BroncoWave
12-02-2007, 09:36 AM
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the #7 team going into this weekend should pass 3 teams above them to get into the National Championship Game. If 1 and 2 lose, 3 and 4 should be in the title game. If LSU goes to the championship game, that would be highway robbery to Georgia, Kansas, and VT, and the NCAA should be forced to overhaul their system.

LSU has proven they aren't the #1 team in the country, losing twice with that ranking this year.

It would be an absolute joke to college football if three idle teams get passed over.

I realize you are a Georgia fan but they just don't deserve to play for the title. Sorry, but I'm one of those people who think if you don't win your conference, you shouldn't play for the title. That might not seem fair, but without a playoff, that's really the best way to determine who should go to the title. They should pass Kansas for the same reason. As for VT, I think they have a legitimate beef for the NCG but LSU curbstomped them.

Now being the fair guy that I am, I will make a case for each team that has a chance:

Ohio State: Only lost one game, won the Big 10. (they are probably a lock to get in)
Georgia: The voters did vote them ahead of LSU, VT, and Ohio State for a reason. Why change you mind after just one week?
Kansas: Was the last BCS team to lose, only lost one game all season, vaulting them over Georgia into the title game.
VT: Won their conference, which puts them over UGA and KU, and although they lost to LSU, they have gotten much better since that game and LSU has gotten much worse.
LSU: Already made their case above.
USC: Won the Pac-10 and is arguably playing the best football in the nation right now, when it really counts.
OU: Won the Big 12, including beating a team twice that had been ranked #1 in the nation.
Hawaii: They won all their games. What more can you ask? Not the players fault they had an easy schedule.

I don't envy the people who have to fill out polls today. Honestly, I believe that LSU and USC are the 2 best teams in the nation and would make for the best title game.

Nomad
12-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with anyone here about who should be where. With this said, reading many analysts articles and opinions, winning a championship game means more than just sitting idle to the computers. Looking at a few computer polls (some are out) Ohio State and Georgia are getting jumped by LSU, VT, OU and in one USC with Georgia and OSU sitting at 5 and 6. Right now in two computer polls VT has jumped to #1 (don't ask me for the link because I don't know how to do that but if you want to know where I get the links from it is from the LSU fan forums in which they get the link from some other source). In the human polls it'll be different because with Ohio State more than likely #1 and Georgia #2:noidea:how everything will turn out.

Georgia, USC, OU, and Hawaii, IMO, are the hottest teams in college football and would provide the best games. LSU is banged up and almost lucky at times. I agree WJ that Georgia is the hottest team at the moment from the SEC but (yes BUT) the Bulldogs didn't play in a championship game. I don't know if they're the best, but I believe they would've tore up LSU last night because TENN flat out sucked. But LSU did win all their games in regulation.;):laugh: Sometimes Les Miles needs to insert foot into mouth.

What it all boils down to is having the conference championship label. I know a few years ago OU was spanked by Kansas State and again I haven't the slightest clue how they got in. But Georgia should of beat TENN in the regular season.

The only conclusion I can come up with is every major conference should have a championship game and then college football needs to implement a PLAYOFF SYSTEM according to strength of schedule and wins/losses, seed the teams accordingly!

I'm not sure where LSU will be either at the Sugar Bowl playing Hawaii (that might be a Boise St/OU deja vu) or somehow they end up in the NT game. All I know they better get healthy fast and play better than they have because TENN won't be in the next game.

To me the best matchup would be Georgia/USC in the Rose Bowl and in my mind that would be the NT game with two of the hottest teams playing. OSU will not miss out in the NTG because college football is bias toward them plus they don't want to hear Jim Delany whine for another year:laugh:. I wouldn't be surprised to see an OSU/USC NTG!

Anyway, take this as my opinion and the BCS/college football is like trying to figure out where the universe ends. We'll see tonight.

Nomad
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm surprised:eek:LSU received alot of love from the human polls! In the AP and coaches poll LSU is #2 and OSU is #1. I'm actually surprised.

BroncoWave
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm not the least bit surprised. I'd have been surprised if they weren't #2.

ChampWJ
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm surprised:eek:LSU received alot of love from the human polls! In the AP and coaches poll LSU is #2 and OSU is #1. I'm actually surprised.

Absolute joke. I will never look at college football the same. How in the world can you have two teams in front of you lose and you either stay the same or fall in the polls? There is absolutely no reason a team should jump three idle teams by a pretty unconvincing win, who has lost twice this year being #1, and get into the NCG. Total ripoff, and I hope fans of Georgia, Kansas, VT raise hell.

Why is it that every year the BCS manages to screw things up? The system absolutely does not work.

What a nightmare and a black eye for the NCAA.

At least we have the Broncos! Wait.......

Watchthemiddle
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Nomad
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Absolute joke. I will never look at college football the same. How in the world can you have two teams in front of you lose and you either stay the same or fall in the polls? There is absolutely no reason a team should jump three idle teams by a pretty unconvincing win, who has lost twice this year being #1, and get into the NCG. Total ripoff, and I hope fans of Georgia, Kansas, VT raise hell.

Why is it that every year the BCS manages to screw things up? The system absolutely does not work.

What a nightmare and a black eye for the NCAA.

At least we have the Broncos! Wait.......

That's why a playoff is needed and either do away with conference championship games or make every conference have a championship game. But lets see their logic TENN beat Georgia and LSU beat TENN so LSU jumps Georgia. Missouri beats Kansas and OU beats Missouri (twice) so OU jumps Kansas. LSU beat VT so LSU jumps VT! I don't know WJ but this is one of the explanations I read in an analysts column. Plus OU and LSU won their conferences but I don't know how OU jumps VT!:confused: This crap would drive me nuts if I had to figure it out!

ChampWJ
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
That's why a playoff is needed and either do away with conference championship games or make every conference have a championship game. But lets see their logic TENN beat Georgia and LSU beat TENN so LSU jumps Georgia. Missouri beats Kansas and OU beats Missouri (twice) so OU jumps Kansas. LSU beat VT so LSU jumps VT! I don't know WJ but this is one of the explanations I read in an analysts column. Plus OU and LSU won their conferences but I don't know how OU jumps VT!:confused: This crap would drive me nuts if I had to figure it out!

LSU also lost twice since Georgia last lost. Georgia is on the longest winning streak of any of the contenders. And Georgia would have been a much tougher test for LSU, but they didn't get to play. I still think it's ridiculous that they were ranked above them last week, and now LSU will leapfrog three teams? I guess all you have to do to get into the national championship game is lose your last regular season game, then it should all work out.

There is no reason an idle team should fall in the rankings when two teams in front of them lose. What a joke!

rcsodak
12-04-2007, 07:32 PM

you forgot OU.....

almost won with a very poor backup QB. In fact, we wouldn't be having this discussion had bradford not got knocked out of the game right off the bat.

it'd be OU vs LSU....stoops v miles ....

rcsodak
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM

VT?

Are you kidding me?

They suck, just as they do every other year. No offense, decent defense, great special teams. Same thing every year, in an avg conference, imo.

rcsodak
12-04-2007, 08:06 PM

that's not what the bcs is about.

it's not about getting the best teams ....

its about who they THINK is playing the best at the time.

ChampWJ
12-05-2007, 12:40 AM
that's not what the bcs is about.

it's not about getting the best teams ....

its about who they THINK is playing the best at the time.

I think you just made a very good argument for Georgia. I don't know how anyone can argue that they aren't playing the best of any of the contenders.

And I don't think anyone can give you a straight answer as to what the BCS "is about". They seem to change their mind every year and have to tweak the system so it "works" and still there is a controversy every year.

rcsodak
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I think you just made a very good argument for Georgia. I don't know how anyone can argue that they aren't playing the best of any of the contenders.

And I don't think anyone can give you a straight answer as to what the BCS "is about". They seem to change their mind every year and have to tweak the system so it "works" and still there is a controversy every year.

I won't disagree with you about Georgia....

....in fact, other than OU, and losing a game only because of a wacky injury, they're probably the two hottest teams out there.

I wouldn't mind seeing that game.....I can't remember the last time they played each other. :confused:

BroncoWave
12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Click my sig! Vote Croom! :salute:

Watchthemiddle
12-05-2007, 08:09 PM

Georgia is playing well, but something needs to be accounted for winning your conference. Georgia didn't even play for the title. Thats the only arguement anyone can have for Georgia. There is no way the BCS is going to pick a team that didn't even play in their own conference championship game over the team that won the championship game.

ChampWJ
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Georgia is playing well, but something needs to be accounted for winning your conference. Georgia didn't even play for the title. Thats the only arguement anyone can have for Georgia. There is no way the BCS is going to pick a team that didn't even play in their own conference championship game over the team that won the championship game.

If Kentucky would have made that 30 yard FG against Tennessee, Georgia would have been in that game. They had the same record as LSU. They had the same conference record as Tennessee, and a better overall record than them, but lost to them mid-season.

I agree conference champions should get preference, but this is a unique situation in which Georgia was already ranked higher in the BCS last week when everyone already knew they didn't have the chance to win the SEC. If this is the way the voters wanted it all along, theoretically Georgia should have never been ranked higher than LSU. The whole system stinks.

Nomad
12-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Mel Kiper ranks Jacob Hester as #3 of senior running backs this year to come out in the draft. That's pretty good and for people who has never watched him, he's a stud and hopefully does well in the NFL.

Nomad
12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Congrats to Coach Croom of Miss St. 1st and only Black SEC coach to win a bowl game and SEC Coach of the Year!

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:24 AM
SEC rocks! Georgia Bulldogs Sugar Bowl Champs! 2008 & 2009 National Champs?

Rex
01-02-2008, 09:26 AM
NC Basketball.
Georgia Football.
Broncos NFL
Red Sox MLB
Senators Hockey

Did I miss any?

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
NC Basketball.
Georgia Football.
Broncos NFL
Red Sox MLB
Senators Hockey

Did I miss any?

The Sixers

Rex
01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
The Sixers

I see. Well, that fits right into the pattern.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
NC Basketball.
Georgia Football.
Broncos NFL
Red Sox MLB
Senators Hockey

Did I miss any?

NC Basketball - Spent a few years in Pageland, SC... attended Dean Smith's basketball camp... fell in love with UNC. Met Vince Carter, Shammond Williams, Atwan Jamison. Who wouldn't become a UNC fan after that experience?

Georgia Football - Spent more than a few years in Dry Prong, LA. Everyone there is a LSU fan. Grew up hating LSU, went to a LSU game with church group. LSU vs. Georgia, saw Terrell Davis play and met him after the game. Actually a Bulldog fan before a Broncos fan. T.D. lead me to the Broncos and been a fan since.

Broncos- read above

Red Sox- Hated the Yankees since day one, what better team to cheer for when you hate the Yankees. Simple as that.

Senators - Live in Factoryville, PA now... I'm best friends with the son of the owner of the Binghamton Senators. Who do you think the Binghamton Senators NHL team is? Why would I cheer for anyone else?

Sixers- Charles Barkley fan growing up.. Simple as that, been a fan ever since.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:44 AM
cswil = jackass

Rex
01-02-2008, 09:51 AM
boss=front runner

BeefStew25
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
SEC rocks! Georgia Bulldogs Sugar Bowl Champs! 2008 & 2009 National Champs?

They are the SEC's version of Texas A & M. You guys think you are better than you really are.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
They are the SEC's version of Texas A & M. You guys think you are better than you really are.

Well, then, they've got a bunch of those, because I'll throw in Arkansas and Alabama into that one.

BeefStew25
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, then, they've got a bunch of those, because I'll throw in Arkansas and Alabama into that one.

True. Arkansas really is. Alabama is just still living off former glory. They always will. Saban will flip that program around.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey ESPN!

There's a frickin' ball game tonight. It's kind of important...you know...the NCAA National Championship...40 freakin' minutes of Roger Clemens.

BeefStew25
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey ESPN!

There's a frickin' ball game tonight. It's kind of important...you know...the NCAA National Championship...40 freakin' minutes of Roger Clemens.

So I guess you hate Ian Gold now too.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
So I guess you hate Ian Gold now too.

**** Ian Gold!

ChampWJ
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Congrats to LSU. I still think Georgia was deserving, and would have beaten Ohio State, but I'm glad to see the LSU represent the SEC well. If all goes correctly, LSU should finish #1 and Georgia should finish #2 in the final polls. Although I'm sure the biased voters will penalize Georgia for having to play Hawaii (even though the voters put Hawaii there).

BroncoBJ
01-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Damn BossHogg.. your all over the map with your teams.
But heres who i like:

New York Yankees: I was born in Connecticut(30 miles from Yankee stadium) and I've been a Yankees fan since berth plus my whole family is a baseball family...Either Mets, Yankees, or Redsox fans. :( And I always go back east each year anyways to watch em.

Denver Broncos: Lived in Wyoming most of my life and the first NFL team I really watched was Denver and now thier my # 1 love.

Colorado Avalanch: Not a big fan of hockey but I root for the Avs just since thier the Denver team.

Denver Nuggets/Chicago Bulls: I liked the Bulls as a little kid just cause of Jordan but I'm pretty much a Nuggets fan more now since I live out here and go to Nuggets games. I root for the Bulls in the East though.

Duke Bluedevils: I use to be an avid fan in JR high because a buddy of mine watched them and got me hooked and I was a big JJ fan. Then I got a job last year and missed a lot of games and I havn't been the same since but I still like em.

Georgia Bulldogs: This one is probably the craziest way to like a team but when I was younger(1st grade) I had a college football game for SuperNintendo and I played as Georgia and I've liked them ever since. Pretty crazy.

The reason for liking my college teams is pretty wack but my pro teams are normal reasons. And I also root for Wyoming sports as well but not as much as I should. lol. I also like the Rockies since I always get them on TV and go to games as well but I dont like them nearly as much as the Yankees. Thier just 2nd fiddle to me. :lol:

So thats how I like my teams.

And congrats to LSU tonight. :salute:

Watchthemiddle
01-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Geaux Tigers !!!!

Nomad
02-11-2008, 12:01 PM
LSU Tigers had an open date on Sept 13 and instead of scheduling a BCS conference team, they move North Texas to that date and schedule Appalachian St. for the 1st game:tsk:. I don't see a cinderella story like what A St. did to Michigan last year.

Nomad
02-21-2008, 10:26 AM
LSU QB Ryan Perrilouix is suspended indefinitely for various reasons:tsk:. The kid had potential but his maturity off the field and towards the team got him in this situation.

BeefStew25
02-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey can we get a Big 10 football thread going?

ChampWJ
03-04-2008, 04:00 AM
LSU QB Ryan Perrilouix is suspended indefinitely for various reasons:tsk:. The kid had potential but his maturity off the field and towards the team got him in this situation.

Looks like LSU is preparing for spring practice without him. I wonder if they'll kick him off the team or give him ANOTHER break since he's the star quarterback? If he's not back, Georgia's run to the SEC/National Title gets a little bit easier.

Nomad
03-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I don't know WJ. I commend Les Miles for sticking to his rules but RP has it made at LSU. Seeing how the freshman and other sophomore plays in spring ball, will determine RP's fate. I am sure he'll be back, but I can't understand why he'd want to ruin a good thing. I am more pissed that LSU put App State on their schedule instead of a upper tier team from an BCS conference. LSU's first 4 games are: App State, North Texas, Tulane, and some other low tier team after that it's all SEC teams. They won't be as good as last year. I'll have to see where the Dawgs and Tigers play. Because if it's in Baton Rouge at night, that's going to be a good, tight game.

MOtorboat
03-04-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't know WJ. I commend Les Miles for sticking to his rules but RP has it made at LSU. Seeing how the freshman and other sophomore plays in spring ball, will determine RP's fate. I am sure he'll be back, but I can't understand why he'd want to ruin a good thing. I am more pissed that LSU put App State on their schedule instead of a upper tier team from an BCS conference. LSU's first 4 games are: App State, North Texas, Tulane, and some other low tier team after that it's all SEC teams. They won't be as good as last year. I'll have to see where the Dawgs and Tigers play. Because if it's in Baton Rouge at night, that's going to be a good, tight game.

Meh, I doubt many freshmen are enrolled...

Nomad
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Meh, I doubt many freshmen are enrolled...

LSU has RP (suspended), Hatch (3rd QB last year), and RS Freshman Lee. Lee and Hatch are practicing for the spring ball starting position.

MOtorboat
03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
LSU has RP (suspended), Hatch (3rd QB last year), and RS Freshman Lee. Lee and Hatch are practicing for the spring ball starting position.

I was referring to incoming kids...I'm sure Miles has someone coming in...I'm not familiar with LSU's recruiting class.

Nomad
05-02-2008, 10:00 AM
:tsk:Les Miles has kicked Ryan Perrilou off the team for good. The kid had a promising career ahead of him but would rather let his own rebellious attitude/actions get in the way.

MOtorboat
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
:tsk:Les Miles has kicked Ryan Perrilou off the team for good. The kid had a promising career ahead of him but would rather let his own rebellious attitude/actions get in the way.

:tsk:

ChampWJ
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM

And the SEC just got a bit easier for my team!!!!

Nomad
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
And the SEC just got a bit easier for my team!!!!

Not that I like it, but you are correct because RP had alot of potential. We are heading down to La for awhile (wife's going to a school in Biloxi for the AF) and I'm thinking about putting my two sons in a youth football camp at LSU (June 12-14). They are excited. It's a little pricey for 3 days but it may be worth the experience because I doubt we'll get down to La for awhile after this.

MOtorboat
05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't really worry about it, they've got two four-star kids on the roster...

Jarrett Lee, RS Fr., 6-2, 192, runs a 4.68
Jordan Jefferson, Fr., 6-4, 200, runs a 4.6

ChampWJ
05-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Not that I like it, but you are correct because RP had alot of potential. We are heading down to La for awhile (wife's going to a school in Biloxi for the AF) and I'm thinking about putting my two sons in a youth football camp at LSU (June 12-14). They are excited. It's a little pricey for 3 days but it may be worth the experience because I doubt we'll get down to La for awhile after this.

You should do it Nomad. It would be a once in a lifetime experience for your boys. I've driven through Baton Rouge several times and its awesome seeing that giant stadium coming up from what looks like the middle of a swamp.

Back to Perrilloux, you really gotta wonder what would drive someone to throw away such a promising career. The guy was once the #1 recruited QB in the entire nation, and showed great promise in his limited playing time so far (MVP of SEC championship game). Greatness was just waiting for him. What a shame. I would say I feel bad for LSU fans, but considering they just won a championship, it's Georgia's turn.

SBboundBRONCOS
05-04-2008, 05:51 PM
i cant wait to get to the UT . . . . go vols

ChampWJ
07-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Been in OKC for 2 months now for work, and I just have to say the people here are nowhere near as obsessed with OU as people in the south are for their SEC teams. Anyone know when the preseason polls will be released? I just want to know when to look forward to UGA being ranked #1!

MOtorboat
07-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Been in OKC for 2 months now for work, and I just have to say the people here are nowhere near as obsessed with OU as people in the south are for their SEC teams. Anyone know when the preseason polls will be released? I just want to know when to look forward to UGA being ranked #1!

Shouldn't be released until mid or late August, I would imagine. And the one poll doesn't come out till week 4 now.

Nomad
07-26-2008, 04:21 PM

Come WJ:tsk:;)! You know better than that. Unless the name is Florida, USC, or Ohio State, Georgia won't see #1. They'll be in the top 3 though. Looking forward to Oct 18.:beer:

ChampWJ
07-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Come WJ:tsk:;)! You know better than that. Unless the name is Florida, USC, or Ohio State, Georgia won't see #1. They'll be in the top 3 though. Looking forward to Oct 18.:beer:

So true. It will be Ohio State because they don't play anywhere near as tough a schedule as Georgia, and they will be predicted to have less losses. I call BS. Georgia will have the best defense in the nation, the best running back in the nation, and the toughest schedule in the nation. It's going to be a fun year.

Nomad
07-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Also WJ, I got the Gameplan from DTV this year so I'll be sure to watch all the SEC (especially LSU and Georgia) and Pac 10 games (WAZZU). CBS does all the SEC games too and hopefully they play alot of Tiger and Dawg games.
Between my sons playing, BRONCOS, and Tigers, I feel like a kid at Christmas time, can't wait for football season to start!:beer:

BeefStew25
07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Georgia fails every year.

The Cocktail Party this year is going to be fun.

ChampWJ
07-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Georgia fails every year.

The Cocktail Party this year is going to be fun.

I don't know about fail. They haven't had a team this strong, or expectations this high since the early 80's. It's kind of hard to consider something a failure when you're not really expected to do much in the first place. Now it's different. I can't wait!

BTW, lead story on SI.com tonight! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/07/25/sec.media/index.html?eref=T1

Nice article talking about the high expectations.

lex
07-28-2008, 04:01 PM
The Bulldogs are definitely a threat but last year, UF had an an entirely new defense and it showed on their defensive line. Thats a huge variable for the whole division and the whole conference. Georgia has a quality team too though...and Tennessee cant ever be entirely ignored either.

ChampWJ
08-01-2008, 04:05 PM

Looks like things are changing. :D

Nomad
08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Looks like things are changing. :D

I hope the Dawgs stay there all year and represents the SEC well! LSU won't be a NT contender, they'll be tough and I don't believe WAZZU will come close.

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Boy, Georgia might have a rough time against Georgia Southern. :rolleyes:

Rex
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Boy, Georgia might have a rough time against Georgia Southern. :rolleyes:

Depends if any more players get arrested. They have 8 so far in 2008

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Depends if any more players get arrested. They have 8 so far in 2008

5 are suspended for that game, so far.

ChampWJ
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
5 are suspended for that game, so far.

None of the ones suspended are anything more than backups.

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
None of the ones suspended are anything more than backups.

"Oh, don't worry son, it's OK to get arrested...you're only a backup."

:wave:

ChampWJ
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
"Oh, don't worry son, it's OK to get arrested...you're only a backup."

:wave:

I'm not saying its OK to get arrested because they're only backups. I'm saying the team won't be negatively affected on the field, which is what a previous poster was implying.

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm not saying its OK to get arrested because they're only backups. I'm saying the team won't be negatively affected on the field, which is what a previous poster was implying.

It was a joke...it's GEORGIA SOUTHERN....

Dr Velcro
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

ChampWJ
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, I don't know that there is a team in the SEC called the Cards. ???

:D

SmilinAssasSin27
08-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Rocky Top!

Dr Velcro
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Ummm, I don't know that there is a team in the SEC called the Cards. ???

:D

I know...I'm just bein an ass.

lex
08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Apparently, Chris Rainey challenged Jeff Demps in a 40 and won. For those who dont know, Jeff Demps ran a 10.17 100 meters in HS this past year...its one of the top 5 times ever for a HSer. There are like 4 guys who are faster than Percy Harvin: Louis Murphy, Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps, and Deonte Thompson. For those who are unfamiliar with Rainey, he can stop on a dime and make cuts while losing virtually no speed. UFs speed is insane at the skill positions.

Nomad
08-29-2008, 06:15 AM
South Carolina got off to a good start, too bad the 'old ball coach' played an ACC opponent. SEC football won't be as easy!

Skinny
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
South Carolina got off to a good start, too bad the 'old ball coach' played an ACC opponent. SEC football won't be as easy!If Carolina plays like they did last night against Wofford, it won't be easy. QB Garcia has got to love his chances of seeing the feild sooner than expected, which was intended to be LSU in Oct.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
wofford?

MOtorboat
08-29-2008, 02:16 PM
wofford?

I think he was trying to make a joke...I refrained earlier...

Nomad
08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
If Carolina plays like they did last night against Wofford, it won't be easy. QB Garcia has got to love his chances of seeing the feild sooner than expected, which was intended to be LSU in Oct.

I wouldn't call NCST a pushover like a DII school. S.Carolina did look good.

Nomad
08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
LSU/App State gametime (10am CT now) has moved up 6 hrs because of the possibility of Hurricane Gustav!! GO TIGERS!

MOtorboat
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Is App State D-IA yet?

Skinny
08-29-2008, 05:07 PM
wofford?Wofford.

Skinny
08-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't call NCST a pushover like a DII school.I think Wofford could beat them. :D

They looked pretty bad.
S.Carolina did look good.From about the beginning of the 4th quarter on. The INTs would have killed us if we played a experianced deep team. None of which State is right now it appeared.

Skinny
08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Is App State D-IA yet?According to Michigan they should be.

But, their still in the same conference as Wofford.

ChampWJ
09-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I wonder if Tennessee can finish off the impressive opening weekend for SEC teams.

Nomad
09-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I wonder if Tennessee can finish off the impressive opening weekend for SEC teams.

I hope so! Somebody at BM asked why we SEC fans always want the SEC teams to win against other conferences! I believe the SEC is a unique conference and I don't like anyone to beat us but I do enjoy watching teams from the SEC beat up on one another (as long it's LSU doing the beating:D), kinda like brotherly love.

ChampWJ
09-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I hope so! Somebody at BM asked why we SEC fans always want the SEC teams to win against other conferences! I believe the SEC is a unique conference and I don't like anyone to beat us but I do enjoy watching teams from the SEC beat up on one another (as long it's LSU doing the beating:D), kinda like brotherly love.

True, the only time I root against SEC teams is when they have an impact on Georgia's standings in the division, which is only determined by conference games anyways. I hope they all kick the crap out of teams from other conferences.

Skinny
09-01-2008, 06:23 PM
College Football | UCLA hosts No. 18 Tennessee

By The Associated Press

PASADENA, Calif. — Tennessee had a rocky stop in California last year. The Volunteers hope for a smoother visit this time.

Humbled 45-31 by California in the 2007 opener in Berkeley, No. 18 Tennessee kicks off on the West Coast again, facing coach Rick Neuheisel's new-look UCLA Bruins at the Rose Bowl today at 5 p.m.

"Openers are always tough, but when you have a coaching switch as UCLA did, it makes it especially tough for us," Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said. "It will be a process of adjusting and learning throughout the game. Both teams will have to adjust as the game moves along."

Vols defensive end Wes Brown likes the way the nationally televised game on ESPN shapes up.

"It's going to be a heck of a lot of fun," he said. "Getting the national spotlight on Monday night football, two quality teams. It doesn't get much better than that."

Neuheisel, a former UCLA quarterback who returned to Westwood in December to replace the fired Karl Dorrell, knows the Bruins face a big test against the Vols, last year's SEC East Division champions. The Bruins slogged through a 6-7 season.

"We certainly understand the stature of their program and the challenge that lies ahead of us," former Washington coach Neuheisel said. "We're eager to find out where we are. We're aware we have a formidable foe in an SEC mainstay like Tennessee. We know we're going to have play our level best to be in the game, but that's exciting."

Both teams have new offensive coordinators and new quarterbacks. Dave Clawson joined Fulmer's Tennessee staff, and Neuheisel brought in Norm Chow to oversee the Bruins' offense.

Jonathan Crompton has replaced Erik Ainge as the Vols' quarterback. In a considerably more disruptive change, third-stringer Kevin Craft became UCLA's starter because Patrick Cowan — son of ex-Washington Huskies quarterback Tim Cowan — is out for the season with a knee injury and Ben Olson will miss at least the first few games because of a foot injury.Should be a interesting game.

MOtorboat
09-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Neuheisel may be a weasel, and I will always despise his leadership in Boulder, but the man can coach.

Nomad
09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Boy WJ, Tenn making UCLA look good. Georgia shouldn't have any problems with them this year! I can't remember if LSU plays them, I don't think they do.

MOtorboat
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Boy WJ, Tenn making UCLA look good. Georgia shouldn't have any problems with them this year! I can't remember if LSU plays them, I don't think they do.

I don't think UT is going to have a lot of problems here once everyone gets settled down.

Nomad
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't think UT is going to have a lot of problems here once everyone gets settled down.

They better get their heads out of their rearends or UCLA is gonna take this momentum and run with it.

MOtorboat
09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Blocked punts kind of change that, don't they...

Nomad
09-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Maybe TENN is finally waking up! I guess we'll see!

ChampWJ
09-01-2008, 10:55 PM

We owe them for last year. They were the single reason Georgia didn't get in the SEC/National Championship games.

If they continue to play this inconsistent, the rest of the SEC will be licking their chops.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-01-2008, 11:02 PM
VOMIT!

We'd have won by 40 if we had a QB.

The Safety no call hurt too, but you can hardly blame that when the coaches were abused by Big Norm.

Skinny
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Looks like Smelley will get the start at Vandy... (http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/510576.html)

Nomad
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Looks like Smelley will get the start at Vandy... (http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/510576.html)

Should be another easy win for the Gamecocks!!

Skinny
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Should be another easy win for the Gamecocks!!Thanks for the vote of confidence. I wish i felt like the same way as far as it being easy. :laugh:

I think we have a great shot to win because of our defense. The offense worries me. I would'nt want put a game on either Beecher's or Smelly's shoulders. Not yet. And the O-line really struggled too.

Vandy always plays us tough and beat us last year here at Williams-Brice. They have lost some pretty good talent on both sides of the both but their x-factor is QB Chris Nickson. He can hurt you with his feet and his arm and he will be the biggest threat to keep Carolina from leaving Nashville with a victory on the road which is always tough.

The win would be really huge. A nice momentum builder going into a what will be a tough match-up with Georgia.

Nomad
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I see what you mean Skinny. Vandy is giving the Gamecocks fits . Smelley isn't helping out much though!

Skinny
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Smelley needs to stay away from the middle of the feild. Or at least try.

Skinny
09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Good game by the Commodores.

I hope McKinley's injury is'nt serious.

ChampWJ
09-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Man I hate it I missed that game tonight. I was at work. Sounds like it was a good one.
I hope Spurrier didn't make too many visor throws, he'll need to save some for the Georgia game.

Nomad
09-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Good game by the Commodores.

I hope McKinley's injury is'nt serious.

Boy, Skinny, I never realized the Gamecocks lost until I read the newspaper today. I'm shocked:shocked:.

Skinny
09-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Gotta tip yer hat to Vandy, especially there in the second half. They took control of the ball game at the LOS and did a great job of running the ball and keeping the clock moving. I thought our defense did a pretty good job of keeping the game within reach and giving us a shot late, but it was too little too late.

It's fustrating to watch the offense right now. The O-line and the QB positions are really inconsistant right now. But, it is what it is.

Skinny
09-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Man I hate it I missed that game tonight. I was at work. Sounds like it was a good one.
I hope Spurrier didn't make too many visor throws, he'll need to save some for the Georgia game.You know he did. The OBC could be up by 50 with a minute to go in the ball game and something would still cause him to slam that visor to the turf. His wife Jerri looked more fustrated than he did last night. Who could blame her.

Good luck to yer Dawgs tommorrow.

ChampWJ
09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
You know he did. The OBC could be up by 50 with a minute to go in the ball game and something would still cause him to slam that visor to the turf. His wife Jerri looked more fustrated than he did last night. Who could blame her.

Good luck to yer Dawgs tommorrow.

Thanks! I'll be in Norman OK at the Sooners' game today. Figured it was the last chance I can go see them before I head back to Denver for good on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it compares to an SEC game.

Skinny
09-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Hope you had a great time at the Okie game Champ. Looks like WR McKinley (http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/517066.html) might be out for the Georgia game. Sucks, we need him and will certainly miss him if he can't go.

Good luck saturday, but not too much of course. ;)

Nomad
09-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Georgia/South Carolina! Sounds like a good match-up! Watching the game WJ/Skinny!! I've got it on .

Nomad
09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
I love the theme song CBS does for SEC/college football.:woot:

Nomad
09-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Crap call against the Gamecocks for the PI! I'm not rooting for any team but these refs:tsk:.

Skinny
09-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Defense is playing well so far. Got to keep Moreno in check.

Nomad
09-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Moreno and Stafford are heating up. Gamecocks need to be on their toes!

Nomad
09-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Gamecocks gave the Dawgs a hell of a game! Game was closer than most expected, actually a 'fumble at the goal line closer'.

Skinny
09-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Gamecocks gave the Dawgs a hell of a game! Game was closer than most expected, actually a 'fumble at the goal line closer'.Yeah, Corrans hit was a big play. The two turnovers in the red zone killed us. Carolina's defense played their butt off and gave us a chance to atleast tie it, but you got to score points and we just could'nt. Props to georgia's defense.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 04:13 AM
Exciting day for SEC Football! Florida/Tenn, Ala/Ark, LSU/Aub, and an interesting matchup with Georgia/Arizona St.

The LSU/Aub game has LSU as the favorites but as a fan I have never seen LSU beat Aub 3 yrs in a row and I looked up the history of the two teams and LSU hasn't beaten Aub 3 or more times since the early 70s. Also LSU hasn't won at Auburn since 1998. It should be a good defensive game, if you like defense and anything could happen and I believe the home team always has the edge!

Gators beat the Vols great game to watch!!

Ala wins but should be a tight game!

Dawgs will roll the SunDevils!

I'll be flipping back and forth between the LSU game and Georgia game!!

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Exciting day for SEC Football! Florida/Tenn, Ala/Ark, LSU/Aub, and an interesting matchup with Georgia/Arizona St.

The LSU/Aub game has LSU as the favorites but as a fan I have never seen LSU beat Aub 3 yrs in a row and I looked up the history of the two teams and LSU hasn't beaten Aub 3 or more times since the early 70s. Also LSU hasn't won at Auburn since 1998. It should be a good defensive game, if you like defense and anything could happen and I believe the home team always has the edge!

I'll be flipping back and forth between the LSU game and Georgia game!!

Too bad the SEC has signed a deal with a southern-based broadcast company, and those of us in the Midwest won't see most of their games...:coffee:

Nomad
09-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Too bad the SEC has signed a deal with a southern-based broadcast company, and those of us in the Midwest won't see most of their games...:coffee:

What's your point and what's with the coffee man? Florida/Tenn (CBS), LSU/AUB (ESPN), Georgia/Az State (ABC).

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 09:06 AM
What's your point and what's with the coffee man? Florida/Tenn (CBS), LSU/AUB (ESPN), Georgia/Az State (ABC).

I know...my boss is an Arkansas fan...so I was hoping ESPN would pick it up...I was kind of being sarcastic...:coffee:

Its gonna be a good day of football. Michigan-Notre Dame, too...

UCLA-Arizona might actually be a pretty good game. Haven't seen Texas play yet, so I'll be watching the Rice-Texas game. East Carolina and NC State...

Good day. SEC takes the cake, though. The stupid Big 12 and their marketing sucks ass. They should be taking advantage of early-season matchups too...but they aren't, because they ride the short bus to the offices in Dallas.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I know Jefferson Pilot has had the SEC contract for years, which is only shown in the South. CBS does and I think ESPN is taking over. Your right though, the Big 12 doesn't market themselves very well unless on the FSN channels which most people have to get the sports packages to watch.

Another game to watch the scoreboard is the Vandy/Miss game. Can the Commadores go 4-0?

Skinny
09-20-2008, 09:11 AM

I'll be flipping back and forth between the LSU game and Georgia game!!LSU over Auburn. Auburn is really struggling on offense. If the Tigers can get anything going, they have a good enough defense to keep it close.

Florida over Tennessee. Tennessee has to establish the run so feed Foster heavily. 3rd down conversions for Tenn will be huge, no 3 and outs. Just keep Tebow off the feild if they can.

Alabama over Arkansas. Arkansas has to establish the run to have a chance to win this game. And that's not going to be easy.

Georgia/ASU could be a shoot-out. I'll take Georgia in a close victory. ASU has to step up on defense to have a shot.

South Carolina over Wofford. Last season was a close game. Wofford runs the option 99% of the time and their offense has accumulated an average of 512 offensive yards per game to start the season, good for second best in the nation. As far as their rushing game goes, Wofford has the top rushing offense in the nation this year averaging 400 yards per game. So defense, defense, defense for USC. Another big game from Norwood (10 tackles, 1 sack, against Geo.) and Brinkley (7 tackles, two for a loss, 1 sack against Geo.) will be needed. I'll be watching this one via pay-per-veiw.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 10:32 AM
One thing is for sure Skinny, the Tigers will win in the LSU/AUB game!;):D I know it's corny but I heard it from Gameday by Corso!

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 10:56 AM
LSU over Auburn. Auburn is really struggling on offense. If the Tigers can get anything going, they have a good enough defense to keep it close.

Florida over Tennessee. Tennessee has to establish the run so feed Foster heavily. 3rd down conversions for Tenn will be huge, no 3 and outs. Just keep Tebow off the feild if they can.

Alabama over Arkansas. Arkansas has to establish the run to have a chance to win this game. And that's not going to be easy.

Georgia/ASU could be a shoot-out. I'll take Georgia in a close victory. ASU has to step up on defense to have a shot.

South Carolina over Wofford. Last season was a close game. Wofford runs the option 99% of the time and their offense has accumulated an average of 512 offensive yards per game to start the season, good for second best in the nation. As far as their rushing game goes, Wofford has the top rushing offense in the nation this year averaging 400 yards per game. So defense, defense, defense for USC. Another big game from Norwood (10 tackles, 1 sack, against Geo.) and Brinkley (7 tackles, two for a loss, 1 sack against Geo.) will be needed. I'll be watching this one via pay-per-veiw.

I'd have to agree in every game except Georgia...I think its at least a two-touchdown win for the Bulldogs. I just don't think Arizona State has it. I also think this will be Stafford's 2008 coming out party (not that we don't know who he is...), and the start of his Heisman candidacy (which I don't think he'll win, but I think he can be there...)

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 10:57 AM
So...every one, go out and put money on Arizona State...and then thank me later.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Gameday crew choses Auburn! Corso is nuts at best!:lol:

Broncospsycho77
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM
*sigh* I miss the SEC.

*Flips on Big Ten Network*.

Oh look, Ohio State is playing again...

Skinny
09-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Another game to watch the scoreboard is the Vandy/Miss game. Can the Commadores go 4-0?Yes. They have speed on both sides of the ball. Enough to cause Miss. some problems. While at the same time, Miss has some horses on their O and D line. Forgot about that one. It should be a good ball game.

I've got the Ala/Ark game on Jefferson-Pilot at noon.

Northman
09-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Watching Miss St. and GTech right now. Jackets up 7-0 early.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Watching Miss St. and GTech right now. Jackets up 7-0 early.

I don't expect MSST to win this game!

Skinny, I'm watching the Ala/Ark game on Gameplan!

Skinny
09-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Watching Miss St. and GTech right now. Jackets up 7-0 early.I've got that game on FOX. GT up 14 now.

Northman
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
21-0 Jackets. I will probably switch back to the ECU/N.C State game.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Alabama rolled Arkansas. I thought it would be a tighter game.

No surprise in the Florida/Tenn game!

Nomad
09-20-2008, 06:52 PM
LSU won't be able to run inside! They'll have to rely on the outside run and passes!

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 06:54 PM
LSU won't be able to run inside! They'll have to rely on the outside run and passes!

Do you really think either team will be able to run? :D

Nomad
09-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Do you really think either team will be able to run? :D

Not really but I wanted to make an accurate assumption!:D

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Not really but I wanted to make an accurate assumption!:D

10-6? Could go either way, but I say, 10-6.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 07:03 PM
10-6? Could go either way, but I say, 10-6.

Being realistic, I would say Auburn! Being a homer, I would say LSU! But you gotta love the hard hitting defenses! I think LSU's offense looks a little more anemic than Auburn's

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Being realistic, I would say Auburn! Being a homer, I would say LSU! But you gotta love the hard hitting defenses! I think LSU's offense looks a little more anemic than Auburn's

They sort of, kind of moved the ball there...:D

Nomad
09-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I guess penalities tonight will move the ball, forwards and backwards! Hopefully someone's offense moves the ball, preferably LSU

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, um, Arizona State is in for a rude awakening when it comes to speed...

Nomad
09-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, um, Arizona State is in for a rude awakening when it comes to speed...

What's up with that game??

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 07:31 PM
What's up with that game??

0-0...trading punts so far...

Nomad
09-20-2008, 08:26 PM
LSU playing as expected:tsk:! Damn that Ryan Perrilou who got kicked off the team !

Nomad
09-20-2008, 08:38 PM
LSU is going to be embarrassed tonight!:tsk:

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Matthew Stafford...10-18, 183, 1 TD in the first half...

Northman
09-20-2008, 09:23 PM
LSU kicking it into gear now.

Broncospsycho77
09-20-2008, 10:56 PM
LSU pulls out another minor miracle against Auburn... again.

And Moreno is probably my fav for the Heisman thus far. He's just a physical beast.

slim
09-20-2008, 11:09 PM
The SEC is clearly the best conference around. I would guess the Big 12 is a close second.

slim
09-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey MB, how 'bout them Buffs???

Hawk has the program headed in the right direction. I think he was the right choice.

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey MB, how 'bout them Buffs???

Hawk has the program headed in the right direction. I think he was the right choice.

Wrong thread...but yes...I'm pumped...and as anemic as Florida State looked this week, Colorado has a chance to knock off the 'Noles.

They have quarterback problems of their own.

slim
09-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Wrong thread...but yes...I'm pumped...and as anemic as Florida State looked this week, Colorado has a chance to knock off the 'Noles.

They have quarterback problems of their own.

That would be cool...but Hawkins needs to stop turning over the damn ball.

He had a great 1st quarter against WVU, but he stunk it up after that.

And...this is the right thread...since the SEC can kiss my ass.

Nomad
09-21-2008, 07:14 AM
LSU is going to be embarrassed tonight!:tsk:

Overreaction by me at the moment, but LSU surprised me!

Nomad
09-21-2008, 07:17 AM
That would be cool...but Hawkins needs to stop turning over the damn ball.

He had a great 1st quarter against WVU, but he stunk it up after that.

And...this is the right thread...since the SEC can kiss my ass.

Why since Az State got rolled by Georgia last night!!!!:lol:

Nomad
09-21-2008, 08:28 AM
MB, I went bed as soon as the game ended, but I don't recall the interview of the LSU QB.

MOtorboat
09-21-2008, 08:30 AM
MB, I went bed as soon as the game ended, but I don't recall the interview of the LSU QB.

Nah...wasn't an interview...they just did a quick sideline report (didn't even show her face)...and she said the drunk thing...I couldn't believe she said it...usually they try to stay away from alcohol references. She also said, even about 20 minutes after the hit that the trainer who was looking at him was still laughing at some of the answers he was giving to questions. That dude got his bell rung bad.

Nomad
09-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Nah...wasn't an interview...they just did a quick sideline report (didn't even show her face)...and she said the drunk thing...I couldn't believe she said it...usually they try to stay away from alcohol references. She also said, even about 20 minutes after the hit that the trainer who was looking at him was still laughing at some of the answers he was giving to questions. That dude got his bell rung bad.

Oh yeah, he walked off the field looking like he left the bar from an all-nighter:lol: I had a few Redhooks last night as well.

Broncolingus
09-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I have always thought the SEC has been the most consistent, best conference in college football...

Nomad
09-21-2008, 08:45 AM
I have always thought the SEC has been the most consistent, best conference in college football...

Yeah, but it's rough on the old ticker year in, year out! One second, you're riding high, next second, you're cussing your team out. I miss going to LSU games, it's a riot in Baton Rouge, but last night at Auburn was crazy.

Broncolingus
09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, but it's rough on the old ticker year in, year out! One second, you're riding high, next second, you're cussing your team out. I miss going to LSU games, it's a riot in Baton Rouge, but last night at Auburn was crazy.

Totally agree...

LSU has a killer win last night at Auburn...for most teams, thats your "BIG" game of the year (maybe two)...

LSU still has Florida, Bama, and Georgia this year...and that AFTER the Auburn game.

Incredibly strong conference...

On the side, I'm sure the sports writers will still find a way to get Ohio State into the BCS play...

Northman
09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
On the side, I'm sure the sports writers will still find a way to get Ohio State into the BCS play...

The love they were giving OSU over beating Troy was just flat out embarrassing. :tsk:

Broncolingus
09-21-2008, 10:24 AM
The love they were giving OSU over beating Troy was just flat out embarrassing. :tsk:

...yeah, me too.

Nomad
09-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Where's ChampWJ? Haven't seen him around!

Anyway, Alabama/Georgia should be a good matchup with Georgia taking the edge!!

Nomad
09-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Ole Miss over Florida:lol: gotta love SEC football!!

I better not laugh to loud LSU plays Miss St tonight!:shocked:

SmilinAssasSin27
09-27-2008, 10:40 PM
I hate Fulmer right now. UT has a very nice squad...but no QB to play with it.

At least UGA finally got exposed for the posers they are. They go on a less than impressive win streak to end 07 and then beat a Hawaii team w/ 1 decent player...all of a sudden they are #1 in 08. I'm guessing they'll lose 2-4 games this year...just like always.

Skinny
09-28-2008, 10:23 AM
After the USC/UAB game last night Nomad, i was reminded that LSU is our 'Homecoming' game.

Who the hell schedules LSU for Homecoming?? :laugh:

Broncolingus
09-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I hate Fulmer right now. UT has a very nice squad...but no QB to play with it.

At least UGA finally got exposed for the posers they are. They go on a less than impressive win streak to end 07 and then beat a Hawaii team w/ 1 decent player...all of a sudden they are #1 in 08. I'm guessing they'll lose 2-4 games this year...just like always.

GP and agreed...

I've always wondered why everyone blows all over Georgia the way they have...I'm not saying they're a stick team or anything, but how in the hell they started #1 in the polls this year I'll never know.

...of course, WHAT the hell do I know. I thought USC would knock the crap out of Oregon State this year for what they did last year and 'Whoops-they-did-it-again!'