PDA

View Full Version : Schon: Rumors, Rants and Raves 6/26/09

Lonestar
06-27-2009, 01:12 AM
By Schon
Syndicated Sports Columnist
Posted Jun 26, 2009

Ocho Cinco and Shawne Merriman square off on Twitter, Hall of Famer Jim Brown advises Brandon Marshall to live up to his commitment and the Entertainment World mourns the passing of several stars in the past two days.

I absolutely love Twitter… not only do you get a multitude of unknown women offering to share their slumber party pictures (for a small membership price), you also get San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman and Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco engaging in a public pi**ing contest, with each posting their own attacks via the most interesting website in the world.

Shawne Merriman vs. Chad Ochocinco

It’s got that – “My deck’s bigger than your deck” feel to it, which is a perfect setup for 2009. Child please…

Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, Coach Ed Thomas and even Sky Saxon (lead singer of the 60’s band Seeds)… What a jacked up couple of days - thoughts and prayers go out.

Still no word on the Brandon Marshall fiasco… Legendary Hall of Famer Jim Brown dropped his take on Marshall during a recent visit with Scott and Al.

From the just in case files… Denver grabs Wide Receiver C.J. Jones off waivers from Kansas City… I don’t know about you, but I feel so much better.

Broncos center Casey Wiegmann is still in shock over the murder of his former high school coach Ed Thomas. "You feel helpless. There's nothing you can do," Wiegmann told the Denver Post. "You try to console everybody and tell them they'll be all right, but it's hard to say. My values, the way I run my life and treat my family and take care of people, came from him."

I’m still leaning toward Brett Favre ending up in Minnesota for 2009, especially after he was spotted at Tria Orthopedics in Edina on Monday to have his arm checked out. Folks in Green Bay are now preparing to burn their #4 jerseys.

Two thoughts on the NBA Draft – Nuggets pulled off a major coup trading a first-round pick in 2010 to Minnesota for the draft rights to former North Carolina Tar Heels guard Ty Lawson, who was selected with the 18th overall pick. Given the opportunity to learn behind Chauncey Billips is huge - this kid’s going be a stud.

Blake Griffin, clearly the best player in the draft, worked his entire life to refine his game for the NBA and after finally achieving elite status, he’s rewarded with the opportunity to play for the Los Angeles Clippers