PDA

View Full Version : Prisco's Top Players (CBS Sportsline)

Dirk
06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Ranked no 1 OT

Ryan Clady, Broncos
Games played: 16 Games started: 16
Analysis: As a rookie in 2008 he didn't give up a sack. That's amazing. He's that good.

I'm surprised that he put a Broncos player at number 1. But I agree with him! :coffee:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/positional-rankings/OFF/

SOCALORADO.
06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Ranked no 1 OT

Ryan Clady, Broncos
Analysis: As a rookie in 2008 he didn't give up a sack. That's amazing. He's that good.

I'm surprised that he put a Broncos player at number 1. But I agree with him! :coffee:

This is another reason i am not too worried about Orton.
I think he will flourish in DEN, just like Cutler.

Tned
06-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Clady has been getting a lot of good press this off season?

dogfish
06-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Clady has been getting a lot of good press this off season?

all very well deserved. . . .

:woot:

the guy looks like he could be a fixture in the pro bowl and win a handful of all-pro's. . . .

topscribe
06-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't often agree with Prisco, but I believe he has it right with Clady and Roos
at #1 and #2.

That is in contrast to Clovdyx, who has Clady at #5 and Roos at #9. I understand
where Clovdyx might be a bit reserved about a given player after only one year,
but Roos at #9? If Clady isn't #1, then Roos has got to be, IMO.

One thing about Prisco's comment: He mentioned Roos as ½ of one of the best
tackle tandems, along with David Stewart on the other side. I believe the
Clady/Harris tandem is just as worthy of mention.

-----

WARHORSE
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Clady is so smooth with his feet and long, the stronger he gets the more dominant hes going to be.

Its gonna take a LOT of money to hold onto this guy one day.

Im hoping hes like Ayers in mentality.

Hes a flat out b-e-a-s-t.

Tned-Mobile
06-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Clady is so smooth with his feet and long, the stronger he gets the more dominant hes going to be.

Its gonna take a LOT of money to hold onto this guy one day.

Im hoping hes like Ayers in mentality.

Hes a flat out b-e-a-s-t.

I think you're dead on. There were a number of times last year that a speed rusher blew past him on the outside, but Clady was able to turn sideways (now facing the sideline) and then move laterally, while using his long reach to either hold off the defender or 'push' the defender behind the pocket, not letting him turn the corner and get to Cutler.

I think it was those types of plays that impressed me the most in his rookie season. In those rare occasions where he was initially beat with a speed move, he always managed to recover and keep the guy off the QB.

NameUsedBefore
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Who the heck is Clovdyx?

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Who the heck is Clovdyx?

To the right of Prisco's column, you will see Clovdyx's column. I have no idea
who he is, nor do I like the general order of his selections.

-----

weazel
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Ranked no 1 OT

Ryan Clady, Broncos

I'm giong to hate seeing the first sack he gives up, all these "experts" will be falling off the wagon.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm giong to hate seeing the first sack he gives up, all these "experts" will be falling off the wagon.

Jason Peters gave up a boatload of sacks in 13 games, yet some people seem to think he's the last word in tackles.

Go figure. :noidea:

-----

Simple Jaded
06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
What's wrong with Pete Prisco? A bit too objective for Broncos fans taste?.......

dogfish
06-26-2009, 04:24 PM
What's wrong with Pete Prisco? A bit to objective for Broncos fans taste?.......

yea, it's either that or the fact that he's a total and complete HACK. . . . :lol:

topscribe
06-26-2009, 04:26 PM
What's wrong with Pete Prisco? A bit to objective for Broncos fans taste?.......

Actually, I'm grateful for him. He never fails me.

He says yes, I bet no . . . he says no, I bet yes.

Works nearly every time. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Superchop 7
06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Lets just hope McDaniels doesn't say that he is looking forward to working with him.....

On a serious note.

Denison is one helluva coach.....

gobroncsnv
06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
y,know, that's a darn good point, Chop. I never really credited Denison with any part of this, yet we have had pretty good consistency on Oline, even after Gibbs left. My first thoughts after that happened included "what the heck is an ex-linebacker gonna teach to the front 5?".
These list things are sort of worthless, again one of those bar bet things... I just know that I don't really want to swap Clady for pretty much anybody else out there at any position. Shanny's drafting pretty well took care of one of the most important positions
in the game, and we will have better QB'ing because of it while Clady is around.

WARHORSE
06-28-2009, 10:22 AM
I think we should credit Shanny.

It was his draft call and he named Clady the starter at LT before he even opened a Bronco playbook.

And dont forget Eddie Royal.

91 catches as a rookie? W.O.W.