PDA

View Full Version : Pat Bowlen and Company show why they are Colorado’s favorite franchise

Tned
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Check out this good read by Dan Mohrmann who's a producer at Mile High Sports Radio and contributor to the Mile High Sports Magazine.

Pat Bowlen and Company show why they are Colorado’s favorite franchise
By Dan Mohrmann | @DanMohrmann (https://twitter.com/#!/DanMohrmann)

“On behalf of the Denver Broncos, I extend our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected by the devastating fires throughout Colorado and the region. In particular, my thoughts are with those who have lost their homes or live in the evacuation areas.” Denver

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, after pledging $50,000 to wildfire relief efforts

I woke up one week ago to horrifying news; the entire town of Manitou Springs, my hometown, had been evacuated in the middle of the night due to the growth of the Waldo Canyon Fire burning northwest of Colorado Springs. In a panic, I called my parents who still live in Manitou to make sure they had made it out safely. When I reached my mom, I learned they had made it my brother’s house and escaped any immediate danger...

Red the full piece here: http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=10883

Chef Zambini
07-01-2012, 11:06 AM
respectfully, chump change !
by comparison, the woman who was verbally assaulted on a bus got over 500 thousand dollars in donations !

Denver Native (Carol)
07-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Colorado Rockies fans will have an opportunity to make financial contributions to the state’s fire relief efforts on Friday and Saturday night as they enter Coors Field. Fans will be able to make cash, check or credit card donations at Coors Field. One hundred percent of all donations will go directly to the fire relief efforts. The gates open two hours prior to first pitch. Friday’s game is a first pitch at 6:10 p.m. MDT and Saturday’s at 5:15 p.m. MDT.

In addition to the collection, the Colorado Baseball Club has pledged a significant donation to the fire relief efforts.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2012/06/28/rockies-fans-colorado-fire-victims-friday-saturday-games/12392/

The article is putting down the Rockies ownership. IMO, what the Rockies did by giving the people the opportunity to make financial contributions who attended the games on Friday/Saturday nights, was a great idea. Both those nights were fireworks nights, the attendance for both games was 40,000 plus.

Also, as the article states, the Rockies pledged a significant donation themselves. I see nothing wrong with what the Rockies did. As fireworks games always have a major attendance, what is wrong with what they did? To me, it is important to get as much money donated as possible, regardless how it was done.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
by comparison, the woman who was verbally assaulted on a bus got over 500 thousand dollars in donations !

Believe me - people are donating thru the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc. All of the local television stations have links on their websites as to how people can help.

pnbronco
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Believe me - people are donating thru the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc. All of the local television stations have links on their websites as to how people can help.

They said on the news how people were dropping off supplies/food at the evacuation sites since the beginning. Plus people have been donating in all the different sites. I'm just glad that both organizations have helped.

NightTrainLayne
07-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the greatest non sequitur of all time.

Tned
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the greatest non sequitur of all time.

Ok, give me a sec, I have to Google non sequitur...

Denver Native (Carol)
07-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, give me a sec, I have to Google non sequitur...

non se·qui·tur
   [non sek-wi-ter, -toor; Lat. nohn se-kwi-toor] Show IPA
noun
Logic . an inference or a conclusion that does not follow from the premises.
a statement containing an illogical conclusion.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/non+sequitur

:D

BroncoJoe
07-01-2012, 09:47 PM

How much have you donated?

Ravage!!!
07-02-2012, 08:13 AM

by one person??? 50,000 isn't chump change

The Glue Factory
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
by one person??? 50,000 isn't chump change

It isn't chump change to the Red Cross since they'll use it to buy supplies to stock their evacuation centers (2 of the 5 are still open) and other activities they have going on.