PDA

View Full Version : Don't count your chickens....

Frapster
06-30-2012, 10:46 AM
There are lots of old axioms like 'don't count your chickens before they hatch' and 'putting the cart before the horse'...

Ok - I'm a Colts fan and was crushed when we lost Peyton. But the cool thing is now I get to root for two teams this year effectively doubling my football enjoyment. But enough about me - I've been reading a lot of posts on here and you all are wise in being cautious. No one wants to risk the emotional let down of unfulfilled expectations. But this fan is here to encourage you to dream. So lets get the truly inescapable caveats out of the way. Assuming:

- Peyton Manning does not get squished on any play during the season (regardless of injury it's a concern and always was when he was at Indy)

That's it... I don't care if Peyton is 75% his ability to dissect a defense within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage is amazing. I'd have taken Peyton at 75% all season long back here in Indy (on its face and not factoring any other options). He's not 75% - he's clearly 90+ (and that's conservative) based upon what we're hearing. Add to that your other offensive assets, defense and the addition of Jack Delrio (I nearly feel over when I heard he joined you guys) and it all adds up to something amazing.

This is all meaningless of course. I'm nobody from po-dunk-ville Indiana - but this fan cannot wait to watch the Broncos this year. I have watched too much of Peyton playing to know that it's not hype, it's not over-reaching, he's doing all that they say he's doing and it's impact on the team is real. What he does makes a difference at every level of the organization. And despite the ugly uniforms the Broncos are going to the playoffs with at least one bye and are a contender for the Super Bowl. I say have fun and count your chickens now! Be excited! Of course I'm the one who picked my ex-wife... anyway - I'll step back into the shadows now and leave you all to your forum. GO COLTS! *whisper* and Broncos! */whisper*

broncobryce
06-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Del Rio always gave Manning a good fight when they went against each other JAX vs INDY. He's a hell of a defensive mind.

TXBRONC
06-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Del Rio always gave Manning a good fight when they went against each other JAX vs INDY. He's a hell of a defensive mind.

Del Rio's defensive always seemed play pretty well against Manning but also having an effective running game didn't hurt either.

Cugel
07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
"Better not to leap in order not to weep. Better to keep your peace and avoid an early decease!" -- Ancient Ethiopian saying.

I just thought I'd throw that out there for balance.

shank
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
can we ban this guy now? ^

dacoats
07-05-2012, 12:01 AM
There are lots of old axioms like 'don't count your chickens before they hatch' and 'putting the cart before the horse'...

Ok - I'm a Colts fan and was crushed when we lost Peyton. But the cool thing is now I get to root for two teams this year effectively doubling my football enjoyment. But enough about me - I've been reading a lot of posts on here and you all are wise in being cautious. No one wants to risk the emotional let down of unfulfilled expectations. But this fan is here to encourage you to dream. So lets get the truly inescapable caveats out of the way. Assuming:

- Peyton Manning does not get squished on any play during the season (regardless of injury it's a concern and always was when he was at Indy)

That's it... I don't care if Peyton is 75% his ability to dissect a defense within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage is amazing. I'd have taken Peyton at 75% all season long back here in Indy (on its face and not factoring any other options). He's not 75% - he's clearly 90+ (and that's conservative) based upon what we're hearing. Add to that your other offensive assets, defense and the addition of Jack Delrio (I nearly feel over when I heard he joined you guys) and it all adds up to something amazing.

This is all meaningless of course. I'm nobody from po-dunk-ville Indiana - but this fan cannot wait to watch the Broncos this year. I have watched too much of Peyton playing to know that it's not hype, it's not over-reaching, he's doing all that they say he's doing and it's impact on the team is real. What he does makes a difference at every level of the organization. And despite the ugly uniforms the Broncos are going to the playoffs with at least one bye and are a contender for the Super Bowl. I say have fun and count your chickens now! Be excited! Of course I'm the one who picked my ex-wife... anyway - I'll step back into the shadows now and leave you all to your forum. GO COLTS! *whisper* and Broncos! */whisper*

don't listen to one word of this non-sense

this guy is not a Coat fan he was a fan of the Indianapolis Manning's

MOtorboat
07-05-2012, 12:03 AM
don't listen to one word of this non-sense

this guy is not a Coat fan he was a fan of the Indianapolis Manning's

Tell us more about the "city of champions."

FanInAZ
07-05-2012, 07:24 PM
"Better not to leap in order not to weep. Better to keep your peace and avoid an early decease!" -- Ancient Ethiopian saying.

I just thought I'd throw that out there for balance.

:confused: So there really is an Ancient Ethiopian saying that rhymes perfectly when you translate it into English? :confused:

dacoats
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Tell us more about the "city of champions."

I can tell you about how I hit a homerun in yankee stadium with a toothpick, how is that for starters?

BroncoNut
07-06-2012, 02:36 PM
don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Frapster
09-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Ok - after the preseason games and finally getting to watch Peyton in game 1 against the Steelers I had to come back and just grin. :D My expectations for Denver this year are not diminished. Yes - anything can happen - but there's every reason to believe. I know I am. Yes - I'm rooting for Denver and without apology. I'm rooting for my Colts too but the amount of respect I have for Manning I just can't help but want him to succeed and it's going to require the whole team and all of you guys. Ok - i'll go away again... for a while. :)

Superchop 7
09-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Goose: It's the bottom of the 9th, the score is tied. It's time for the big one.
Iceman: You up for this one, Maverick?
Maverick: Just a walk in the park, Kazansky

Chef Zambini
09-15-2012, 12:38 AM
manning, he's good.
last I checked it akes more than just a QB to win an NFL game.

DenBronx
09-15-2012, 12:58 AM
And despite the ugly uniforms the Broncos are going to the playoffs with at least one bye and are a contender for the Super

Damn, I was going to high five you and then you had to go ahead and say something....well......very Doltish.

Our uniforms are wayyyy wayyyy better than the Colts. You guys have very plain looking unis and rather boring to say the least. Look at it this way, Peyton traded in the horseshoe for the whole damn horse. He traded a cute cuddly little baby colt in for a bad ass bucking Bronco.

DenBronx
09-15-2012, 01:04 AM
don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Fine. Can I put my balls in it instead?

bcbronc
09-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Damn, I was going to high five you and then you had to go ahead and say something....well......very Doltish.

Our uniforms are wayyyy wayyyy better than the Colts. You guys have very plain looking unis and rather boring to say the least. Look at it this way, Peyton traded in the horseshoe for the whole damn horse. He traded a cute cuddly little baby colt in for a bad ass bucking Bronco.

I'm glad someone defended the honour of the Orange.

But I can't agree about the Colts unis. One of the sharpest in pro sports imo.

Davii
09-15-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm glad someone defended the honour of the Orange.

But I can't agree about the Colts unis. One of the sharpest in pro sports imo.

I fear you've lived in Canada too long, the cold air has affected your mind.

sneakers
09-15-2012, 03:06 AM
"don't start your fap, til internet down pat"

Frapster
12-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Well - I'm back after watching the Broncos do their thing for weeks on end. I know that it takes more than a QB to win a game but I knew from watching the Colts and now from watching the Broncos that Peyton's presence is phenomenal. He deserves MVP, the Broncos deserve a Super Bowl and I will be rooting for my Colts should the two meet in the days ahead. Congrats, you all. Go Peyton!

Simple Jaded
12-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Frapster is back! Yay.......

sneakers
12-31-2012, 06:14 AM
OP, once I saw the length of your post, I decided not to read it, but since it got a whole bunch of high 5's, I gave you one too.

WTE
12-31-2012, 07:25 AM
I would also advise you not to get overly pumped about your 1X Super Bowl Champ w/ a 9-10 playoff record and whose TD:INT ratio and passer rating is worse in the playoffs than the regular season.

But I digress, carry on with your discussion.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-31-2012, 08:35 AM
I would also advise you not to get overly pumped about your 1X Super Bowl Champ w/ a 9-10 playoff record and whose TD:INT ratio and passer rating is worse in the playoffs than the regular season.

But I digress, carry on with your discussion.

Getting nervous? You sound like it... Perhaps you should take the bye week to reflect. It will be at least 3 more weeks until we remove the Pats from the playoffs by force. You've got time to pretend you're not scared...

BTW, WTF is up with all these people bumping all these old prediction threads? I've never seen it this bad. Nobody gives a shit that you sarcastically ranted in a drunken stupor that the Broncos would be 13-3 (or even better, punched the "13-3" button on a poll) or that Peyton wouldn't lose a step 6-8 months ago. If'n you guys would like to reminisce about your awesome Nostradamus powers, I can merge all the prediction threads into one for you. Bumping every thread from March-July is clogging up the main page and spamming the crap out of the board just to say "I told you so".