PDA

View Full Version : koa radio interviews with meck & orton

titan
06-24-2009, 08:49 PM
The Broncos had a media party today where KOA's afternoon drive team was present. Here are some quotes I took from interviews:

Karl Mecklenburg on Shanahan getting fired:

Sometimes it's time to punt. Mike had lost the team, and it was time to reshuffle the deck. I'm excited to see what's going to happen.

Meck on Orton:

Chicago's offensive line was just killing him. It'll be exciting to see what he can do behind a much better bronco line.

Kyle Orton on the trade:

I was told I was traded and I was on the plane the next day. I was very happy about it. This is the best offensive team I've ever been a part of. The best system I've been a part of. We spread the defense
out and it's my job to get the ball to the playmakers.

Orton on following Elway:

He was one of the best to ever play. I don't have to fill those shoes but just win football games. If I throw 30 times great. If I hand off to the running back 30 times great - as long as we win.

Orton on McDaniels:

Josh McDaniels has already taught me so much about the quarterback position and about defenses. He brings alot of passion and energy to the game.

Orton on the pressure being starting QB for Denver:

It's pressure if you aren't prepared. If you are prepared it's alot of fun, especially when you have the talent around me I that have in Denver.

tumbana
06-24-2009, 09:11 PM
The Bears offensive line was killing him? LOL!

WARHORSE
06-24-2009, 09:19 PM

Yeah.......you remember that dont you?

The Oline AND the WRs. One that couldnt separate himself from a doorknob and the other that couldnt run a route if you drew it in chalk and handed him an eraser.

When you see Cutler yelling at them during the game..........you'll have to be compassionate.............afterall, he had the distinction of playing with the talented WR corps of the Broncos.:coffee:

WARHORSE
06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

BTW, did you notice how Orton, who commanded the respect of his teamtes in Chicago, said how happy he was when he found out he was coming to an offense that actually has talent on it?

I dont find Orton the type to say things that will hurt his ex teamates in any way, but I also dont tag him as someone who shys away from telling the truth.............think about that for a second..........:coffee:

.............Light:shocked:Bulb!!................

........Thats right. Hes referring to the WRs.

Just thought Id brighten your day.:D

tumbana
06-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah.......you remember that dont you?

The Oline AND the WRs. One that couldnt separate himself from a doorknob and the other that couldnt run a route if you drew it in chalk and handed him an eraser.

The O line was actually pretty decent. If anyone was killing anyone, it was Orton the statue killing the O line. The Wrs actually were getting separation and did not drop too many balls (except Rashied Davis). He just didn't throw to them. Like every game in his career, he didn't like to throw to WRs. Not to mention he couldn't complete a pass over 20 yards to save his life. It's funny. Because nobody was raging on the O line and WRs when Orton was doing good, were they? It was all Orton, but once Orton played poorly the rest of the season, the O line is garbage and the WRs couldn't catch a cold...

When you see Cutler yelling at them during the game..........you'll have to be compassionate.............afterall, he had the distinction of playing with the talented WR corps of the Broncos.:coffee:

The WRs that were 21st in the NFL in receptions per drop? The Broncos WRs had the distinction of playing with the talented QB who got them the ball. You think Marshall wanting to get paid handsomely now and not later has to do with the money or do you think it's because he doesn't want Kyle Orton throwing the ball to him? I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence that Marshall becae unhappy once Cutler got traded.

tumbana
06-24-2009, 09:38 PM
BTW, did you notice how Orton, who commanded the respect of his teamtes in Chicago, said how happy he was when he found out he was coming to an offense that actually has talent on it?

I dont find Orton the type to say things that will hurt his ex teamates in any way, but I also dont tag him as someone who shys away from telling the truth.............think about that for a second..........:coffee:

.............Light:shocked:Bulb!!................

........Thats right. Hes referring to the WRs.

Just thought Id brighten your day.:D
Of course he's going to say that. He needs an excuse for him being a statue in the pocket and not being able to hit wide open WRs down field. It's not like he's going to talk about Denver's outstanding defense and special teams. Or the fact that the rookie matt Forte had to put the whole offense on his shoulders because Orton was so ineffective the majority of the year.

BTW, if you hear all the interviews of Bear players, on offense and by coach Ron Turner, you'd see how much more excited they are with Cutler than with the Orton/Grossman situation they had. Comments like

"he's changing the whole offense with his capabilities"
"I'm going to be dusting off chapters of the playbook that we were not able to use before."

People talking about how good the young WRs are looking with Cutler throwing the ball. Cutler has been praising the Bears WRs the whole time.

JONtheBRONCO
06-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Dude Orton is the man.

topscribe
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
The O line was actually pretty decent. If anyone was killing anyone, it was Orton the statue killing the O line. The Wrs actually were getting separation and did not drop too many balls (except Rashied Davis). He just didn't throw to them. Like every game in his career, he didn't like to throw to WRs. Not to mention he couldn't complete a pass over 20 yards to save his life. It's funny. Because nobody was raging on the O line and WRs when Orton was doing good, were they? It was all Orton, but once Orton played poorly the rest of the season, the O line is garbage and the WRs couldn't catch a cold...

The WRs that were 21st in the NFL in receptions per drop? The Broncos WRs had the distinction of playing with the talented QB who got them the ball. You think Marshall wanting to get paid handsomely now and not later has to do with the money or do you think it's because he doesn't want Kyle Orton throwing the ball to him? I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence that Marshall becae unhappy once Cutler got traded.

Oh now you're trolling over here. It isn't enough you spammed the shit out of
the other board with your incessant bashing of Orton. What is it with you
people that you have such an agenda? Does it make you feel better to try to
make us feel bad about our new quarterback? Go home and adore your own
quarterback. Please. You're just spamming these boards with the same crap,
over and over again. :tsk:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
06-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe I am not as smart as some on here, and I do not have a crystal ball, so I admit - I have NO CLUE how Orton will do, until I see him on the field this year. I have no opinion of how he will perform, before he even takes one snap behind the center, and I also have NO CLUE of how McD will do as the head coach, or how the Broncos will do, until I actually see the Broncos play this year in the regular season.

WARHORSE
06-25-2009, 11:17 AM

Jay Cutler didnt throw a whole lot of balls over 20 yards either my friend. His QB rating? 86 to Kyles 79. Thats with better receivers mind you. I dont remember anyone blaming Kyles Oline or WRs......heck.....they were terrible the entire time. They blamed his injury. But no matter, its all gonna come out in the wash. The gridiron is going to make it all come clear. Cutler averaged almost a yard more per reception than Orton. That amounts to thirty yards if you throw complete thirty passes..........not a whole lot in my book.

Orton throwing him the ball will not stop Marshall from being a number one WR. And youre going to find that catching the ball from Cutler during a game isnt always as simple as some think, and you already know what we're talking about from watching your camp tapes. The Bears WRs were dropping the balls all over the place. What Marshall excels at is making the first man miss. He wasnt great at it last year, because he was playing through a hip injury. But look at his 07 tapes and you'll see what I mean. He also was playing with an injury to his wrist, numbness in his hand.
If Marshall believes in his talent, then he wont be concerned about who throws him the ball. You cant hide talent, and Marshall will be fine this year, especially if we suck like everyone thinks we will, which would mean a lot of passing.

We'll probably have a lot more to talk about once the season starts.:coffee:

pnbronco
06-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Maybe I am not as smart as some on here, and I do not have a crystal ball, so I admit - I have NO CLUE how Orton will do, until I see him on the field this year. I have no opinion of how he will perform, before he even takes one snap behind the center, and I also have NO CLUE of how McD will do as the head coach, or how the Broncos will do, until I actually see the Broncos play this year in the regular season.

I so agreee Carol, I am more than willing to wait. Plus I bought the tickets for this year after all this had happened. So I'm willing to support this team again this year.

I do know if there is one person that I trust his knowledge, it's Meck. Since he played the game for many years, played all 7 front positions and went to the Pro Bowl more once he knows a whole lot more than I do. I think he went against a few O lines and probably remembers a few things from his playing days. Plus there is not a more decent man on this planet. No personal agenda there, he's too busy trying to help the children of our community.

GEM
06-25-2009, 11:34 AM

That wasn't Orton saying that. It was a 3rd party who has no reason to say it if he didn't mean it. Everyone but Bears fans is aware of just how bad your offense is. As much as you don't want to admit it, the line has everything to do with just how successful your QB is. That protection allows the QB to have enough time to stare down his #1. That's where you'll see the next layer of that issue with Cutler. He'll stare down one guy in triple coverage for the big play rather than going short pass for a small gain. That's why Cutler is called the Last Gunslinger.

topscribe
06-25-2009, 11:34 AM

One of the wisest comments I've seen on this board . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

tumbana
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
We'll probably have a lot more to talk about once the season starts.:coffee:

Cutler was #2 in the NFL for number of completions over 20 yards.

As for the Bears WRs dropping the balls "all over the place." That "tape" was from the very first OTAs. And the only thing they showed were the 4 drops and not any of the catches. By the end of OTAs, they rarely dropped balls at all. Have to get used to an arm like that. All the players after the first couple of days were talking about it.

We will see.

tumbana
06-25-2009, 09:40 PM
That wasn't Orton saying that. It was a 3rd party who has no reason to say it if he didn't mean it. Everyone but Bears fans is aware of just how bad your offense is. As much as you don't want to admit it, the line has everything to do with just how successful your QB is. That protection allows the QB to have enough time to stare down his #1. That's where you'll see the next layer of that issue with Cutler. He'll stare down one guy in triple coverage for the big play rather than going short pass for a small gain. That's why Cutler is called the Last Gunslinger.
The funny thing is the Bears O line was NOT BAD. I don't get where people are getting this from. Orton stares down WRs as well, just so you know. Cutler was top 10 in the NFL in INT% and had a very similar INT% to Kyle Orton. He can gunsling for my team any day.

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 12:04 AM
The funny thing is the Bears O line was NOT BAD. I don't get where people are getting this from. Orton stares down WRs as well, just so you know. Cutler was top 10 in the NFL in INT% and had a very similar INT% to Kyle Orton. He can gunsling for my team any day.

Well thank God you got him and all of his baggage.. I'm just glad he is gone from DEN and frankly a brat and a bag of chips would have been a fair trade IMO..

Just remember he throws folks under the bus , very few of his teammates shed a tear when he left, and mike and bates allowed him to run amok all season.. something I doubt very seriously his new HC and OC are going to do.. it is against their nature..

you live by the GUN and you die by the GUN.. you got the clown now.. enjoy what you think he brings..

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Well thank God you got him and all of his baggage.. I'm just glad he is gone from DEN and frankly a brat and a bag of chips would have been a fair trade IMO..

Just remember he throws folks under the bus , very few of his teammates shed a tear when he left, and mike and bates allowed him to run amok all season.. something I doubt very seriously his new HC and OC are going to do.. it is against their nature..

you live by the GUN and you die by the GUN.. you got the clown now.. enjoy what you think he brings..
Must be why Brandon Marshall wants out.

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Must be why Brandon Marshall wants out.

DUH he does not want out, he wants a new contract, with lots of money up front...

From day one I have said follow the money.. it is always about money..

Had they offered jay and new contract he would still be a Bronco.. and just wait till he starts barking up the money tree in CHI town.. he is gonna want to bust the banks there..

Just remember a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing..

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
DUH he does not want out, he wants a new contract, with lots of money up front...

From day one I have said follow the money.. it is always about money..

Had they offered jay and new contract he would still be a Bronco.. and just wait till he starts barking up the money tree in CHI town.. he is gonna want to bust the banks there..

Just remember a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing..

Why would Marshall want to get paid NOW or get traded NOW?Hmmm, maybe after putting up big numbers with Jay, he doesn't want to possibly lose millions due to a drop in production thanks to the change in QB? There is a reason they have been talking to each other. Marshall is not happy with Orton and if he is going to stay there, he wants to get paid big time right away. The Bears will have plenty of cap space to give Cutler an extension.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Why would Marshall want to get paid NOW or get traded NOW?Hmmm, maybe after putting up big numbers with Jay, he doesn't want to possibly lose millions due to a drop in production thanks to the change in QB? There is a reason they have been talking to each other. Marshall is not happy with Orton and if he is going to stay there, he wants to get paid big time right away. The Bears will have plenty of cap space to give Cutler an extension.

You don't have any idea whether BMarsh is happy or unhappy with Orton.
Why do you puke that crap?

The more you post, the more idiotic your posts get. People here don't know
your history, but I do from over on Mania. But I think they are learning about
you very quickly. You are a troll who has an agenda of bashing Orton, and
that is just about all you have done on Broncos boards.

-----

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
You don't have any idea whether BMarsh is happy or unhappy with Orton.
Why do you puke that crap?

The more you post, the more idiotic your posts get. People here don't know
your history, but I do from over on Mania. But I think they are learning about
you very quickly. You are a troll who has an agenda of bashing Orton, and
that is just about all you have done on Broncos boards.

-----

I didn't bash Orton. I said Marshall isn't happy with Orton, which he clearly isn't.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:02 AM
I didn't bash Orton. I said Marshall isn't happy with Orton, which he clearly isn't..

You still insisting? I said you have no idea whether Marshall is happy with
Orton, and you do not.

You want to talk about Orton--all negative, and most without any form of documentation. Just bashing. If you wanted to talk football, you would get a better reception from me. But I wearied of you very quickly over there, as did a lot of others, which is the reason for your attitude toward them. And you are already appearing to bring that same attitude over
here.

Now, you go back to Mania. This is my home. :coffee:

P.S. I see what your problem is now. You were banned over there, weren't
you? So that's why you disappeared over there the last day or so and
emerged here.

-----

tumbana
06-26-2009, 01:11 AM
You still insisting? I said you have no idea whether Marshall is happy with
Orton, and you do not.

Your problem is that you are not
interested in talking football. You want to talk about Orton--all negative, and
most without any form of documentation. Just bashing. If you wanted to talk
football, you would get a better reception from me. But I wearied of you very
quickly over there, as did a lot of others, which is the reason for your attitude
toward them. And you are already appearing to bring that same attitude over
here.

Now, you go back to Mania. This is my home. :coffee:

-----

Like I care about your receptions. I don;t get what you mean by "documentation." Yuo always say that word but there is none from yourself.

Oh well. The mods won't have a reason to ban me here. When I see posts mentioning the Bears, I respond. No bashing. But you can o cry back to your mods in "mania." Too bad it won't do you any good. :elefant:

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Like I care about your receptions. I don;t get what you mean by "documentation." Yuo always say that word but there is none from yourself. *EDIT* Oh well. The mods won't have a reason to ban me here. When I see posts mentioning the Bears, I respond. No bashing. But you can o cry back to your mods in "mania." Too bad it won't do you any good. :elefant:

As I said, my mods are here. I was a mod here.

So a word to the wise: Don't do here what you did to get banned there. You
will probably find these mods even less tolerant towards it.

That is all.

-----

tumbana
06-26-2009, 01:24 AM
As I said, my mods are here. I was a mod here.

So a word to the wise: Don't do here what you did to get banned there. You
will probably find these mods even less tolerant towards it.

That is all.

-----

sure guy. have fun on the most communist board on the internet.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Now, :focus:

When Mecklenburg says, "Chicago's offensive line was just killing him," he is one
who knows what he is talking about. Meck ought to know O-lines: He made a
weekly habit of beating them for years.

As Orton implied, Denver's line and general supporting cast will be giving him a
break he has never enjoyed as a pro. It will be exciting to see what he can do.
I certainly hope so, anyway. *crosses fingers*

-----

Elevation inc
06-26-2009, 03:03 AM
sure guy. have fun on the most communist board on the internet.

if you dont like it leave, its not like you will be missed

SoCalImport
06-26-2009, 03:32 AM

If B.Marsh is "unhappy" with anything football related it's got to be the system that Mc.D's putting in place in Denver.
I'm sure the Cutler drama is having some effect on Brandon's (agents) thinking here, but the system and the team first no tolerance for b.S. is a factor as well.

Fact: We will be running the ball more (and more effectively) this year which cuts down on the passes B.Marsh will see.

Fact: Marshall comes with maturity, and injury concerns.

Fact: Giving Marshall a new deal is a gamble.

Fact: Denver owns his arse, and does not want to cave to his demands.

Den21vsBal19
06-26-2009, 06:46 AM
I didn't bash Orton. I said Marshall isn't happy with Orton, which he clearly isn't. Stop whining. Go back to "mania" where all kool-aiders have their way including the stupid mods. Tell Alastor I think he's a retard for me, will ya? Thanks. At least here I can talk freaking football without having a bunch of little girls up my behind like on the official broncos message board.
How would Marshall know that he's happy or not with Orton and/or his ability ????:confused:

Dude's not been anywhere near him

Dirk
06-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Wow! It always kills me to see where these threads go! :tsk:

Orton will have a little more time to go through his progressions here due to the better O-line. I can see where Meck was coming from on that.

Also, people need to remember, Cutty was good in Denver...the man has talent, don't forget that. He also had some decision making problems as some QBs do. Throwing interceptions at the wrong time etc.. If he irons out those issues, I think Cutty will be just fine in Chi-town. I also think Orton will be better in Denver than he was in Chi-town due to the coaching and O-line he will be playing with. And that is not even mentioning the WR difference between the two teams.

It will take a while for the Broncos to become a force again, but I believe they are on the right track to becoming that force again. :salute:

WARHORSE
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I didn't bash Orton. I said Marshall isn't happy with Orton, which he clearly isn't. Stop whining. Go back to "mania" where all kool-aiders have their way including the stupid mods. Tell Alastor I think he's a retard for me, will ya? Thanks. At least here I can talk freaking football without having a bunch of little girls up my behind like on the official broncos message board.

How can he be unhappy with Orton, he hasnt even caught a single ball from him. AND, Brandon Marshall was the FIRST player to say adios to Cutler publicly in support of McDaniels.

The Bronocs are still talking with Marshall, and the only reason hes not signed is his off the field issues AND his pending trial date. It would be stupid of the Broncos to sign Marshall not knowing whats going to happen during that trial.

This is the source of Brandons stance, and its understandable, because do you see any other players out there with back to back 100 plus, 1200 plus recieving yrs?

Everyone in the league already understands Marshalls ability, just ask Cromartie from San Diego who had the distinction to be the only corner to face him healthy last year during our second game of the season.

Marshall is a beast, and will continue to be a beast with or without Cutler.

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:04 PM
How can he be unhappy with Orton, he hasnt even caught a single ball from him. AND, Brandon Marshall was the FIRST player to say adios to Cutler publicly in support of McDaniels.

The Bronocs are still talking with Marshall, and the only reason hes not signed is his off the field issues AND his pending trial date. It would be stupid of the Broncos to sign Marshall not knowing whats going to happen during that trial.

This is the source of Brandons stance, and its understandable, because do you see any other players out there with back to back 100 plus, 1200 plus recieving yrs?

Everyone in the league already understands Marshalls ability, just ask Cromartie from San Diego who had the distinction to be the only corner to face him healthy last year during our second game of the season.

Marshall is a beast, and will continue to be a beast with or without Cutler.
Is that why he ha been talking to Cutler recently? Even Cutler thinks he's gone by the way he talks about the situation and he even had a conversation with the guy personally. The thing about Marshall's production is that it will drop with Orton. That is why he wants to get paid now and not wait until he has 20 less receptions and lose money or get traded to a team that will pay him. He hasn't caught a pass from Kyle Orton, but I think he knows as well as the rest of the NFL knows Kyle Orton is not Jay Cutler.

Thnikkaman
06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Is that why he ha been talking to Cutler recently? Even Cutler thinks he's gone by the way he talks about the situation and he even had a conversation with the guy personally. The thing about Marshall's production is that it will drop with Orton. That is why he wants to get paid now and not wait until he has 20 less receptions and lose money or get traded to a team that will pay him. He hasn't caught a pass from Kyle Orton, but I think he knows as well as the rest of the NFL knows Kyle Orton is not Jay Cutler.

:focus:

Mecklenburg says that Denver's O-Line is better than Chicagos. Lets talk about that. Not about how Jay Cutler is trying to get Marshal to Chicago. If you wan't to continue that discussion, go to that thread.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM

Marshall has been talking to Cutler because they are friends. Marshall has
stayed in Cutler's home. One of my dearest friends is a superindendent in
construction in Tempe, Ariz., and we talk a lot. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy
with my own boss or that I'm going to go and start building streets and
sidewalks for my friend.

Your problem is that you think you know more than Broncos fans about their
Broncos. And you think you know about why a player is doing this or that
when you don't have a clue. By coming onto a Broncos board and trying to
tell us about one of our Broncos, you are only making a fool of yourself. If we
don't know, then you most surely don't.

-----

topscribe
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM

Mecklenburg says that Denver's O-Line is better than Chicagos. Lets talk about that. Not about how Jay Cutler is trying to get Marshal to Chicago. If you wan't to continue that discussion, go to that thread.

You're right. I posted my last comment while you were posting this one,
apparently, but you are correct.

-----

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:48 PM

Nobody is talking about Cutler trying to get Marshall in Chicago.

By the way the Bears are going to give up less sacks than the Broncos in 09.

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Marshall has been talking to Cutler because they are friends. Marshall has
stayed in Cutler's home. One of my dearest friends is a superindendent in
construction in Tempe, Ariz., and we talk a lot. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy
with my own boss or that I'm going to go and start building streets and
sidewalks for my friend.

Your problem is that you think you know more than Broncos fans about their
Broncos. And you think you know about why a player is doing this or that
when you don't have a clue. By coming onto a Broncos board and trying to
tell us about one of our Broncos, you are only making a fool of yourself. If we
don't know, then you most surely don't.

-----

Not really, but I think Cutler knows more about what Marshall wants than any fans and probably Bowlen and McDaniels themselves right now.

"It's going to be interesting where he ends up."

Doesn't sound too promising.

Thnikkaman
06-26-2009, 12:52 PM

Nobody is talking about Cutler trying to get Marshall in Chicago.

By the way the Bears are going to give up less sacks than the Broncos in 09.

Is this not what you and Warhorse were talking about in your first quoted post?

By the way, if the Bears give up less sacks than the Broncos in '09, its because Cutler has thrown more ints than Orton since Cutler will be running for his life in half the snaps he takes.

tumbana
06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Is this not what you and Warhorse were talking about in your first quoted post?

By the way, if the Bears give up less sacks than the Broncos in '09, its because Cutler has thrown more ints than Orton since Cutler will be running for his life in half the snaps he takes.

No, it's about how Cutler thinks Marshall is gone, and Marshall himself basically saying he's gone unless he gets money now. Not about Cutler wanting Marshall with him.

Cutler won't be running for his life. Easy to say something and have no basis for it. He will get solid protection and when the play breaks down, he will move and make plays like he does.

Thnikkaman
06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
(snip)
Easy to say something and have no basis for it

Look its the basis for every post you have written on this board.

Mods, please change tumbana's name to Unfounded_Opinion. TIA :salute:

tumbana
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Look its the basis for every post you have written on this board.

Mods, please change tumbana's name to Unfounded_Opinion. TIA :salute:

:'(

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:04 PM
No, it's about how Cutler thinks Marshall is gone, and Marshall himself basically saying he's gone unless he gets money now. Not about Cutler wanting Marshall with him.

Cutler won't be running for his life. Easy to say something and have no basis for it. He will get solid protection and when the play breaks down, he will move and make plays like he does.

It doesn't matter what Marshall says. The Broncos own him. Period. He will go
nowhere unless it is with the Broncos' blessings. End of discussion.

And Cutler will not enjoy the protection in Chicago that he did here. That is
simple fact. The Broncos were tied with the Titans as the best pass-blocking
line in the league. That is in contrast to the Bears who surrendered 29 sacks
last year. So what did they do? Added Orlando Pace, and the jury is still out
whether or not he is over the hill. He certainly isn't what he used to be . . .

-----

tumbana
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
It doesn't matter what Marshall says. The Broncos own him. Period. He will go
nowhere unless it is with the Broncos' blessings. End of discussion.

And Cutler will not enjoy the protection in Chicago that he did here. That is
simple fact. The Broncos were tied with the Titans as the best pass-blocking
line in the league. That is in contrast to the Bears who surrendered 29 sacks
last year. So what did they do? Added Orlando Pace, and the jury is still out
whether or not he is over the hill. He certainly isn't what he used to be . . .

-----

They were 11th in pass protection last season. They added Orlando Pace, Kevin Shaffer, and have Chris Williams healthy. They added nice depth and each player is flat out better than who they are replacing If giving up 1.5 sacks is over the hill, I'll take it. Cutler will get good protection and the Bears O line will get a good QB who will make them look better just like he did in Denver.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:11 PM
They were 11th in pass protection last season. They added Orlando Pace, Kevin Shaffer, and have Chris Williams healthy. They added nice depth and each player is flat out better than who they are replacing If giving up 1.5 sacks is over the hill, I'll take it. Cutler will get good protection and the Bears O line will get a good QB who will make them look better just like he did in Denver.

Well finally, some facts and figures. Where did that come from?

Nonetheless, Shaffer is second string anywhere else, and Williams is untested.
And the jury is still out on Pace. Maybe the protection will improve a little, but
it still will be nowhere in the Broncos' class. I'm sure of that . . .

-----

T.K.O.
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Orton will have a little more time to go through his progressions here due to the better O-line. I can see where Meck was coming from on that.

, I think Cutty will be just fine in Chi-town. I also think Orton will be better in Denver than he was in Chi-town due to the coaching and O-line he will be playing with. And that is not even mentioning the WR difference between the two teams.
:salute:

i agree with most of what you said ,however if we use the same logic on cutler going to chicago as you did with orton coming to denver
that would mean cutler should suffer as a result of the lesser talented recievers and o-line...yes?
and thats a valid point.
i think cutler is a more gifted qb and will bring alot of new options to dabears
but i also think he will struggle with all the changes,
and on the flipside i think orton will be a suitable qb in the new system and will greatly benefit from our scheme,recievers and line.
as with cutler it wont do him any good if we cant keep the other team from scoring 30-50 points !:defense:

T.K.O.
06-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Not really, but I think Cutler knows more about what Marshall wants than any fans and probably Bowlen and McDaniels themselves right now.

just like you saying "marshall wants out because he knows with orton he's in trouble" (paraphrased)
i guess it should be a huge red flag for the bears that cutler wants marshall so bad that he's practically writing love poems to the media about him.
sounds to me like cutler is just as worried about HIS #s declining.....ehh?:confused:

topscribe
06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
i agree with most of what you said ,however if we use the same logic on cutler going to chicago as you did with orton coming to denver
that would mean cutler should suffer as a result of the lesser talented recievers and o-line...yes?
and thats a valid point.
i think cutler is a more gifted qb and will bring alot of new options to dabears
but i also think he will struggle with all the changes,
and on the flipside i think orton will be a suitable qb in the new system and will greatly benefit from our scheme,recievers and line.
as with cutler it wont do him any good if we cant keep the other team from scoring 30-50 points !:defense:

It seems to me that both QBs are entering the best of worlds for them and for
their teams. Cutler is going there with about 2½ years under his belt, so he
now has the experience to deal with the expected increased pressure. Had he
gone into that system as a raw rookie, I believe he would have experienced
many of the same problems Orton did because of the inferior QB coaching.

Orton, on the other hand, is coming to a place where he will receive the
coaching he has direly needed but never had. That is complemented, of
course, by the upgrade in receivers, O-line, and running game. I look for a
breakout year for Orton . . . maybe for both QBs, although Cutler has a far
greater adjustment to make.

-----

T.K.O.
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM

and cutler admitted that he never thought his little "act" would end in him getting traded,he just wanted $$$ and so does marshall.
and the reason marshall wants paid now is not because of kyle orton,its because of another upcoming court date that could result in a major suspension from goodell.
most players try to renegotiate their deals before the final yr of a contract...ITS NOT A NEW IDEA!
the problem is with marshalls history not ortons!
yeah im sure most wr in the nfl dont want to play for the guy who masterminded brady"s record setting 50+ td season and the 18-0 effort...
you just keep wishing we take the rest of your draft picks for the next 2 yrs....even if we do throw bmarsh to you ,your gonna need those picks,trust me....jay aint no john elway !

T.K.O.
06-26-2009, 01:48 PM

nope ...ortons a winner !:elefant:

WARHORSE
06-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Man, are you serious? Of course they talk, theyre friends. They played came in as rookies together and played three years together. Get real.

Playing with Orton doesnt erase two years of production under his belt, and IF he produces less, which will only happen if hes targeted less, hes going to point that out.

These guys arent dumb. Marshall is going to get paid by SOMEONE. Whether it ends up being us or not, that remains to be seen.

But his issues are about money........nothing else.

Hes making a business decision, in conjunction with his agent.

Period.

WARHORSE
06-26-2009, 02:28 PM

Sorry, but thats an ignorant statement.

Hey, things could be worse. We could be Bears fans.

One place he wont be: Chitcago

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 03:09 PM

One last comment on cuteler and marshall..

koa radio interviews with meck & orton

marshall has a contract in DENVER unless he sits out he is our property till the end of the year and IF he does not report to Training camp till the end of 2010 season then..

If they do not GET a CBA in place by the EOY then he belongs to US until the end of the 2011 season as a restricted FA..

For any team to tamper with him, is a violation of NFL bylaws..

so friends a can talk till the cows come home until we release this moron he is ours to do with as we please..

Play him, pay him, sit him or deactivate him for each game....

now lets get

Asian Sushi 7
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Oy. I have not been here much, but the Junior Whiz guy is mental.

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Oy. I have not been here much, but the JRWIZ guy is mental.

edited for accuracy

Thanks, I am mental..

Asian Sushi 7
06-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Junior Whiz, how can you go off topic, and then tell the rest of the community to get back on topic?

topscribe
06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Oy. I have not been here much, but the Junior Whiz guy is mental.

Yes, you are making it obvious that you haven't been here much by playing
word games with another poster's screen name. Just to let you know, that is
frowned on here. And you are doing it with a mod . . . :doh:

-----

Asian Sushi 7
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, you are making it obvious that you haven't been here much by playing
word games with another poster's screen name. Just to let you know, that is
frowned on here. And you are doing it with a mod . . . :doh:

-----

Play with my name all you want. :shocked:

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Junior Whiz, how can you go off topic, and then tell the rest of the community to get back on topic?

Easy, can do most anything as a mod.. :laugh:

You know the " "do as I say, not as I do" , like your mother used to tell you.. :D

now lets get

Thnikkaman
06-26-2009, 03:28 PM

Well, he did state his attention to get things back on topic. Its also up to the mods to change the topic of the thread if this becomes a Cutler wants Marshal thread.

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, he did state his attention to get things back on topic. Its also up to the mods to change the topic of the thread if this becomes a Cutler wants Orton thread.

Speaking of Mods, can we get an IP check on this guy?

getting close, but so far no banana..

You remember that most IP come from someone reporting them..

But screwing with my name does not warrant that..

he is welcome to the forums to add intelligent insight is what we are looking for here..

hopefully he will do so SOON..

IF someone wants to add the marshalls in love with cutler stuff to one of the hundred thousand cutler or marshall threads NO WORRIES.

SoCalImport
06-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Karl Mecklenburg on Shanahan getting fired:

Sometimes it's time to punt.

Hands down, best part of the interview.

topscribe
06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
getting close, but so far no banana..

You remember that most IP come from someone reporting them..

But screwing with my name does not warrant that..

he is welcome to the forums to add intelligent insight is what we are looking for here..

hopefully he will do so SOON..

IF someone wants to add the marshalls in love with cutler stuff to one of the hundred thousand cutler or marshall threads NO WORRIES.

No, screwing with a name is not officially against the COC . . . yet.

But I don't view it as a way to "Win Friends and Influence Mods." http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

-----

Lonestar
06-26-2009, 03:49 PM
No, screwing with a name is not officially against the COC . . . yet.

But I don't view it as a way to "Win Friends and Influence Mods." http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

-----

as Dale Carnegie said many times in his many books.. "The sweetest sound to anyones ears is his name"..

I guess he would have also meant log in names also..

But I'm a big guy and this does not bother me.. but others now are not so nice.. and hold a grudge a lot longer than I do..http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

topscribe
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
as Dale Carnegie said many times in his many books.. "The sweetest sound to anyones ears is his name"..

I guess he would have also meant log in names also..

But I'm a big guy and this does not bother me.. but others now are not so nice.. and hold a grudge a lot longer than I do..http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

Well, I would reveal some of the nicknames others have ascribed to me on
these boards, but I don't want to give anybody any ideas.

"Greybeard" is bad enough . . . :lol:

-----

WARHORSE
06-28-2009, 10:33 AM
As for the Bears WRs dropping the balls "all over the place." That "tape" was from the very first OTAs. And the only thing they showed were the 4 drops and not any of the catches.

Why would your media do that to Culter and the boys?

Why select showing only THE four drops and not the rest of the catches?

:confused:

You must have been there to count em, eh?

Wait till the games start and your awesome WRs start dropping passes and Culter starts dropping f bombs.

Lonestar
06-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Why would your media do that to Culter and the boys?

Why select showing only THE four drops and not the rest of the catches?

:confused:

You must have been there to count em, eh?

Wait till the games start and your awesome WRs start dropping passes and Culter starts dropping f bombs.

it will be OK because cutlet is the bomb his hero..

for those of us that know him and his dark side we are glad he is no longer here..

the best way to describe jay is a brain greasy with an arm.. if things do not go his way they both become sulking inconsolable DICKS..

someone no one can get close to sitting by themselves on the bench wondering why they did not make the pass or why dickwad dropped it..

ahahahahahahahahahaha

T.K.O.
06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
it will be OK because cutlet is the bomb his hero..

for those of us that know him and his dark side we are glad he is no longer here..

the best way to describe jay is a brain greasy with an arm.. if things do not go his way they both become sulking inconsolable DICKS..

someone no one can get close to sitting by themselves on the bench wondering why they did not make the pass or why dickwad dropped it..

ahahahahahahahahahaha

brain greasy ?....thats cool !