PDA

View Full Version : New Horsepower Fueling Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
06-27-2012, 08:54 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- When linebacker Joe Mays walked into the weight room at the Broncos’ Dove Valley headquarters to begin his first offseason workout, he barely recognized his surroundings.

Gone were the machines, dumbbells, bench press stations, squat racks and rows of treadmills that lined the weight room last year.

In was an entire new set of equipment designed to maximize the efficiency of a workout and utilize the 9,000-square-foot space in the most effective way possible.

“When I first walked in it was all empty,” Mays said. “He pretty much told us what was going where and what machines he was going to get. It’s sweet – they took out everything that we had in there before. We have all new, state-of-the-art equipment. We just go in there and try to work our hardest and it’s been great so far.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/New-Horsepower-Fueling-Broncos/2d7f4737-194d-43d4-989b-bf438ce1525c

Denver Native (Carol)
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
STARTING FRESH

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Shortly after the Broncos announced the hiring of Luke Richesson and his strength and conditioning assistants Jason George, Mike Eubanks and Anthony Lomando, the team’s weight room underwent a complete overhaul.

Their first month on the job was spent tearing out old machines and weights and installing brand new equipment to transform the weight room into a design that matched the needs of the new program they would install over the offseason.

“The great thing is that we were able to set the room up right out the gate, not piecemeal it together,” Richesson said. “We were able to go right after it and I think it was met with open arms.”

The room is set up in a way that facilitates group workouts – something that Richesson and his staff believes is essential to foster team chemistry and accountability in the weight room.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/New-Horsepower-Fueling-Broncos----Part-II-The-Renovation/dce27be1-4de7-4dcb-8c07-8f5c8904e14c

Davii
06-27-2012, 09:38 PM
So can I get a good deal on some weights and racks?

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 10:23 AM
9000 square feet... damn

Dzone
06-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Love this guys approach. Luke Richesson, remember the name. Have been wishing the Broncos would bring in API staff for a long time. They finally did it!

Dzone
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
API is in the news-
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/grant_wahl/06/28/germany-euro-2012-athletes-performance/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t13_a0

Chef Zambini
06-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Love this guys approach. Luke Richesson, remember the name. Have been wishing the Broncos would bring in API staff for a long time. They finally did it!for TEN freakin years I have been begging for a new voice to take our broncos into the new millenium of conditioning and performance enhancement!
TUTEN was a dinosaur idiot who rubbed dirt and pumpede lead! he last went to school to study exercise in 1978!
he did however go back to college to get a degree in marketing so he could PUSH suppliments and get paid as a consultant while sitting on his ass for suppliment companies
menwhile we led the NFL in pulled groins and hamstring injuries !
its a new day of good health and conditioning for our broncos !
(I think we hired our first team nutritionist about 3 years ago too !)

dogfish
06-28-2012, 02:57 PM
So can I get a good deal on some weights and racks?

complete with lots of authentic bronco sweat. . .

in all seriousness, this is long overdue. . . chef's bombast is typically way over the top, but he's right on this one. . . tuten really was a dinosaur-- i've wanted us to move on for years now, and am excited to see the results of a modern strength and conditioning program on the field. . . to me, this is one of the best indications that elway knew exactly what he was doing bringing in fox. . . shedding dead weight like xanders and tuten, modernizing our facilities and approach, actually getting bigger on the O-line and investing in pass rushers-- not to mention landing our first legit impact free agent since neil smith. . . succeed or fail, at least i feel like we're moving in the right direction, and doing things the right way to build a contender. . .

arapaho2
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
hopefully this means a end or at least limitation of the too often hammys and muscle tears

Canmore
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
hopefully this means a end or at least limitation of the too often hammys and muscle tears

Groins and Hamstrings. Every year it was the same thing. Sounds like an awful song title. Hopefully this will become a thing of the past. I've been waiting for Tuten to be removed for years.

Jsteve01
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Glad to see you found this thread Zam. This is all good news

SR
06-28-2012, 08:23 PM
What they really need is TheReverend to take over

Superchop 7
06-28-2012, 10:05 PM
This is a great move, it will pay dividends.

TheReverend
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Isn't the new training facility the thing Bowlen and Shanahan fought over leading to their split?

SR
06-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Isn't the new training facility the thing Bowlen and Shanahan fought over leading to their split?

I don't remember heading about that, but that would be really childish

TheReverend
06-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't remember heading about that, but that would be really childish

Nothing says "childish" like "Pat Bowlen"

And, yup, memory served me right:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11707580

Bowlen, a quarter-century into ownership and approaching 65, finally and emphatically said "no" to Mike Shanahan this past year, according to two Bowlen confidants who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Shanahan told Bowlen he wanted the owner to build a new practice facility. The Broncos' current headquarters in suburban Dove Valley was opened in 1990 and is named in honor of the owner's late father, Paul D. Bowlen. In 2004-05 the facility was renovated and expanded.

"Pat said no. Mike had gone too far. It was the only time Pat didn't say yes," one source said. The other said: "That was the beginning of the end of their professional relationship."

SR
06-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Nothing says "childish" like "Pat Bowlen"

And, yup, memory served me right:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11707580

I had no idea. If that is what led to the "end of their professional relationship" maybe their "relationship" was more like a "relationshit".