PDA

View Full Version : Grade my Trade

SmilinAssasSin27
06-23-2009, 06:09 PM
OK, so I just make a blockbuster deal w/ the defending champ in my dynasty league. Before I get into what was dealt, here is my original squad..or at least the positions that matter for the deal:

QB: Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan
RB: Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Chester Taylor, Shonn Greene, James Davis, Glen Coffee and Gartrell Johnson (Coffee and Johnson on rookie taxi squad)
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Kevin Walter, Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Donnie Avery and Ramses Barden (taxi)

The trade was this:

I GAVE Matt Ryan, Chester Taylor, Glen Coffee, Roddy White and Percy Harvin

I GET Carson Palmer, Maurice Jones-Drew, Roy Williams (WR), and 2 first round picks in 2010.

So now I have:

QB: Aaron Rodgers and Carson Palmer
RB: Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew, Shonn Greene, James Davis and Gartrell Johnson (Johnson on rookie taxi squad)
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Kevin Walter, Roy Williams, Donnie Avery and Ramses Barden (taxi)

...and I will likely pick up Ted Ginn w/ my extra roster spot.

So what do ya think? As much as I like Ryan, I dunno if I see him as a fantasy stud. Palmer is older, but I think has more fantasy value. The other guy has both Mannings, and wanted some youth at QB. I LOVE MJD and think his addition gives me the best RBs in our league. The other guy has Adrian Peterson, so he is helped out in getting Chester. I clearly lose out at WR, BUT Roy CAN be a pretty damn good #1 target. Add to that the 2 #1s and I think I did OK...

SmilinAssasSin27
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
so no feedback, huh? c'mon folks, it's the offseason.

underrated29
07-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I fuggin love that trade. IMO matt ryan is not that good.....for FF that is. I think he is not going to do anywhere near as good this year. let alone he averaged what 1 td and 150 yards a game for th last like 6 of the year.....

Not good IMO for a starting FF QB. Palmer is an wesome QB who just needs a line and a RB. That may or may not be fixed. But if it is Palmer could go off at any time.

Love the trade dude. besides IMO you wr are a little thin. ROy will bring you another #1 WR to go with brandon, eddie,walter, white.

MJD- is what it is, i dont think he will survive the season, i think that their new RB, the one i wanted the broncos to get in the 4rd, if we passed on Knowshon--Rashad Jonson??? Whatever his name, i like his style esp. for Jax. I think he takes a bunch of tds. But still MJD is a top 5 in FF. So you killed it.

10/10 trade in my books.

Skinny
07-04-2009, 07:43 PM
B. I like the trade because of Jones-Drew. RB group looks good.

Ryan>Palmer

SmilinAssasSin27
07-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanx guys. Most in my league think I killed it just for getting MJD alone. And I can sure up WR and QB trading my draft pix or using em in 2010.