PDA

View Full Version : *warning rumor* Denver will make a bid for a wr in supplemental draft

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Corey Surrency Wr Florida State

Denver will put a claim on him.

Doesn't have the hands (yet) but the same physical traits of Marshall. Big (6-5), solid frame at 215-220 and a 40 time in the 4.5 range. Goes up for the ball, makes plays after catch. On the down side his older (24) and is still a raw talent. He could be a steal under the correct development and given a chance.

LTC Pain
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Corey Surrency Wr Florida State

Denver will put a claim on him.

Doesn't have the hands (yet) but the same physical traits of Marshall. Big (6-5), solid frame at 215-220 and a 40 time in the 4.5 range. Goes up for the ball, makes plays after catch. On the down side his older (24) and is still a raw talent. He could be a steal under the correct development and given a chance.

Link?

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Link?

no pure rumor like I said in the title

LTC Pain
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
no pure rumor like I said in the title

Okay, from where did you hear this "rumor"?

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Okay, from where did you hear this "rumor"?

On the interwebs

Peerless
06-23-2009, 11:57 AM
24 is old?

WARHORSE
06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
...........I made it up.:D

LTC, he said PURE rumor.

THAT means he may have made it up and he gets a mullingan for calling it.:D

J/K snuggles

weazel
06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Pure rumor here, Ben Roethlisberger is having a sex-change operation this Thursday. Shocking news, but its the rumor out there!

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM
:tsk:

Damn it :lol:

underrated29
06-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks Cap'n.

I know they will give you a hard time, but i like these rumors and know that you get them from a reliable source, even though its internet guys....How does all the guys at the mane know this stuff.

It seems like socal, kaylore,whitewabbit and whoever else you know always seem to be in the know.

I want to know dammit!

Oh well thanks capitano, i am excited. Still hope we keep brandon though

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks Cap'n.

I know they will give you a hard time, but i like these rumors and know that you get them from a reliable source, even though its internet guys....How does all the guys at the mane know this stuff.

It seems like socal, kaylore,whitewabbit and whoever else you know always seem to be in the know.

I want to know dammit!

Oh well thanks capitano, i am excited. Still hope we keep brandon though

Thanks man

I honestly dont mind catching shit for posting things like this. I dont blame people at all. I hear shit all the freaking time that I dont post because its crap but this one has legs so I thought I would share.

As far as this and Marshall goes I doubt they are connected IMO. The kid is raw and more of a project then a replacement for Brandon.

Someone mentioned a Vincent Jackson type.

weazel
06-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks man

I honestly dont mind catching shit for posting things like this. I dont blame people at all. I hear shit all the freaking time that I dont post because its crap but this one has legs so I thought I would share.

As far as this and Marshall goes I doubt they are connected IMO. The kid is raw and more of a project then a replacement for Brandon.

Someone mentioned a Vincent Jackson type.

I'm not blasting you Cap'n, I'm just joking around with you...

did you hear the latest rumor? Cap'n is actually McDaniels!

Requiem / The Dagda
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
In my opinion he should have won his appeal, but that's just me. Surrency is a good player, and would be worth a late flyer in the draft if we want a bigger framed, developmental receiver in the body or mold type of Marshall's, Jackson's and Barden's of the league. Very intruiging prospect; I'm just wondering where HEAV pulled this from. Could it have been the KFFL message boads where a guy suggested we get him or is this another "smoke where there is fire" winner statement from our beloved friends at the Mane? Stay tuned.

GO SEMINOLES! (Wearing my 1 dollar, used, Seminoles shirt today!)

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
In my opinion he should have won his appeal, but that's just me. Surrency is a good player, and would be worth a late flyer in the draft if we want a bigger framed, developmental receiver in the body or mold type of Marshall's, Jackson's and Barden's of the league. Very intruiging prospect; I'm just wondering where HEAV pulled this from. Could it have been the KFFL message boads where a guy suggested we get him or is this another "smoke where there is fire" winner statement from our beloved friends at the Mane? Stay tuned.

GO SEMINOLES! (Wearing my 1 dollar, used, Seminoles shirt today!)

Heav is usually pretty spot on and really slow to say anything if he knows it until he feels pretty sure about it. That is the only reason I passed this on.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Heav is usually pretty spot on and really slow to say anything if he knows it until he feels pretty sure about it. That is the only reason I passed this on.

Yeah, it'll be interesting. It's just too bad he'll be 25 when the season is over. Football fresh though. Denver seems to have went from drafting injured players, to the bringing in the rookie elderly over the past few seasons. Haha.

GEM
06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
WTH is wrong with posting rumors in the offseason and discussing them? I don't get that. I mean unless it's just downright ridiculous.

BroncoWave
06-23-2009, 01:23 PM
When is the supplemental draft?

LTC Pain
06-23-2009, 02:32 PM
When is the supplemental draft?

The NFL supplemental draft is scheduled to be held on July 16.

weazel
06-23-2009, 03:23 PM
WTH is wrong with posting rumors in the offseason and discussing them? I don't get that. I mean unless it's just downright ridiculous.

rumor is, GEM got engaged....
:listen:

pnbronco
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Hey that was the best part of the thread, IMO.... :listen: We found out so many interesting things.....I was bummed they got back to the topic.

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 03:31 PM

We were trying to keep it a secret....thanks alot

dogfish
06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
i hear we're going to give up next year's first for him. . . .

HORSEPOWER 56
06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
i hear we're going to give up next year's first for him. . . .

Wouldn't surprise me... :D

J/K don't flame on me, yet. I'm an FSU fan and I wouldn't give up more than a 7th rounder for him at this point.

SmilinAssasSin27
06-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I'd be all for it. Likely would only need to use a 5 or later.

dogfish
06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd be all for it. Likely would only need to use a 5 or later.

that's all you got? c'mon man, i need a detailed scouting report. . . .

:lol:

GEM
06-23-2009, 10:11 PM

That's not rumor, that's gossip. And as Shaggy so eloquently put it....

It Wasn't Me.

:D

rcsodak
06-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Pure rumor here, Ben Roethlisberger is having a sex-change operation this Thursday. Shocking news, but its the rumor out there!

I heard the same rumor.....

...and that he's scheduled to have major surgery.....

....something called Adadictomy.

Hope he'll be ok.