PDA

View Full Version : Sakic Gets Voted into the Hall of Fame

pnbronco
06-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Joe Sakic became a legend in hockey by winning everything he could have possibly won during his 20-year NHL career. In November, he'll take his rightful place among his fellow legends in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

rest of article:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=636193

So very, very glad for Joe. In fact I was wondering the other day how long you have to wait to be first ballot. A Giant Congrts Joe, could not go to a better player/person....:salute:

SR
06-26-2012, 03:33 PM
We all knew it would happen. One of the best ever. Congrats Super Joe!

pnbronco
06-26-2012, 03:46 PM
We all knew it would happen. One of the best ever. Congrats Super Joe!

I know, I'm just happy for him. I figured it would happen as soon as he was eligible, the man is beyond special....

Denver Native (Carol)
06-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Congrats Super Joe - you definitely deserve this honor

Denver Native (Carol)
06-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Joe Sakic no longer is a "future" Hall of Famer. The future is here, made official Tuesday by the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Sakic, the former Avalanche captain and all-time leading scorer, was informed of his selection by the 18-member Hall committee. He becomes the fourth player to have played for the Avs to be inducted, joining Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque and Jari Kurri. He will be inducted on Nov. 12 in Toronto.

"What a tremendous honor this is. It's been a great day for me and my family," Sakic said. "To be placed in the Hall of Fame is a dream come true. At first when I got the call, I was a bit speechless."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_20942045/joe-sakic-colorado-avalanche-renown-elected-hockey-hall

SR
06-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Foppa is next

MOtorboat
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
So awesome. Man, those Avs team were unreal. Forsberg, and I know this would stick in the craw of every NHL purist, was the greatest player I've ever seen, including Gretzky and Lemieux. Forsberg was unreal, but because he shied away from the spotlight he never got his due.

Sorry for the diversion, because Sakic is an all time great. Best wrist-shot ever. Literally.

SR
06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
So awesome. Man, those Avs team were unreal. Forsberg, and I know this would stick in the craw of every NHL purist, was the greatest player I've ever seen, including Gretzky and Lemieux. Forsberg was unreal, but because he shied away from the spotlight he never got his due.

Sorry for the diversion, because Sakic is an all time great. Best wrist-shot ever. Literally.

Not to continue on that path, but Peter Forsberg was the best hockey player I've ever seen. He didn't put up the Gretzky numbers or the Bure goals, but he was a more skilled hockey player than anyone I've watched my whole life.

Medford Bronco
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Joe Sakic. I remember him as a kid in Quebec and knew even then this guy was special.

Classiest move is when he gave Bourque the Cup right after he picked it up in 2001 to complete Ray Bourques career.