PDA

View Full Version : Offseason which Broncos have you met thread

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok Bronco news is getting abit slow.

Which Broncos have you met in person. Who do you have autographs for?

http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/42219/2509345230043806230S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2509345230043806230vJYwsh)

underrated29
06-23-2009, 10:57 AM
elroy
stink
woodyard
herb haygood
jarius jackson
charlie adams

bill romo's daughter- Does that count? Met her at a party once. She was crazy.

Never met any of the big timers, besides elway,stink.

Dortoh
06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
elroy
stink
woodyard
herb haygood
jarius jackson
charlie adams

bill romo's daughter- Does that count? Met her at a party once. She was crazy.

Never met any of the big timers, besides elway,stink.

why does that not really surprise me :laugh:

powderaddict
06-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I met the Deaf DE from the early 90's, I can't remember his name, and Tyrone Braxton briefly. My Dad used to take me to the live broadcasts of the "Denver Huddle" at Jackson Hole Saloon (I think that's what it was called), it was just off of 6th avenue on Kipling or Garrison (It's been awhile :P). I loved it, it was a ton of fun.

I saw Rick Dennison at Dave and Busters a few years back when he was the Special Teams coach too.

Not too exciting I know!

Skinny
06-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I have never met a Bronco player in person but i have over the internet. Chatted breifly with Vance Johnson in Mania's chatroom about 2 or 3 years ago. Steve Harbula popped in one night after a game and said Vance was going to stop by for about 30 minutes and take a few questions. It was a mad house to say the least with a packed chatroom, but i got a couple of questions in. The internet rules.

SmilinAssasSin27
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm not big on the whole autograph thing. Never understood the concept of waiting in line and/or paying for some dude to write his name on something.

Buff
06-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Glyn Milburn
Ed McCaffrey
Tony Dorsett

Devilspawn
06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
I won't name the player, but I did tell a few here that I'm a distant cousin of a former Bronco. Our grandmothers go to the same church, and we're related because my grandfather is his uncle. He played for other teams, wasn't a star player, and I think he's out of the NFL now, he's definitely not playing anymore. He had solid stats. I never met him. Don't ask who it is, I won't tell. :D

Buff
06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I won't name the player, but I did tell a few here that I'm a distant cousin of a former Bronco. Our grandmothers go to the same church, and we're related because my grandfather is his uncle. He played for other teams, wasn't a star player, and I think he's out of the NFL now, he's definitely not playing anymore. He had solid stats. I never met him. Don't ask who it is, I won't tell. :D

Wow, what a crappy story that ended up being. Thanks for nothing.

:D

MasterShake
06-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Elway at Stapleton Airport (forever ago)
Ed McCaffrey
Rod Smith
Jake Plummer
Alfred Williams
and Steve Atwater at a miniature golf course of all places.

And I used to fill prescriptions for Karl Mecklenburg and family when I worked in Littleton. He called me by my name all the time (which was really weird) and me, him, and my boss would get to talk sometimes if it was slow. My favorite thing he ever said was a few days before the AFC Divisional round in 2005 and he was going to be at the game for the coin toss. My boss (a Nebraska Cornhusker fan, not a Bronco fan) asked him if he thought Brady was any good. He just said with a straight face, "If I get the chance I'm gonna kick him in the shin. I can't stand him."

Also, the first time I saw him at the Pharmacy my boss did not give me any warning and when he walked up I just blurted "Its the Albino Rhino!":lol:

EDIT: I was lucky enough during the Super Bowl years to have an aunt who was a Broncos cheerleader, thats when I met most of the people on my list at various functions that she got to attend and would let me and my sister go to. Except Jake of course, I met him at training camp in 2004.

shank
06-23-2009, 08:31 PM
rod smith, byron chamberlin, ron egloff, keith burns... others?

met trevor pryce once at a movie theater. he was playing cruisin' world and barely fit.

nj10
06-23-2009, 10:30 PM
none

Requiem / The Dagda
06-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Little, Tripucka and Quentin Griffin.

BroncoWave
06-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Little, Tripucka and Quentin Griffin.

Did you punch that loser in the face for costing us the Jacksonville game several years back?

broncofaninfla
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Romo BUT he was a Raider at the time

Dirk
06-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I met Karl Mecklenburg at Walmart in the sporting section back in the 80s. He was very cool. I didn't ask for an autograph. It was just cool to meet him.

Dortoh
06-24-2009, 09:28 AM

How is eddie Kennison ;)

MasterShake
06-24-2009, 10:01 AM
How is eddie Kennison ;)

Umm, he said SOLID STATS not STUPID SH**HEAD. :lol:

In-com-plete
06-24-2009, 02:10 PM
I met Eddy Mac a couple years ago. I was with my dad and he was the one that was all excited.

He stuck out his hand to shake McCaffrey's and said something about him being a real stud. It came across funny, but my old man always calls people studs. But he stood there shaking his hand up and down like 10 times and thanked him for how hard he played.