PDA

View Full Version : First Broncos training camp practice is July 26

Denver Native (Carol)
06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Broncos fans can get their first glimpse of Peyton Manning on the Broncos’ practice field July 26, the first day of training camp.

Players will report to Dove Valley for physicals and meetings on July 25 but will take the field for the first time at 8:50 a.m. July 26.

The team released its training camp schedule on Monday.

Fans are invited to watch practices at Dove Valley between July 26-Aug. 17. The team will hold its annual public scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Saturday, Aug. 4.

rest - including dates & times, & preseason dates/times

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/06/25/broncos-training-camp-practice-july-26/14043/

Dzone
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Holy smokes the summer sure goes by fast. The best consolation to the end of summer is FOOTBALL!!! Well, more specifically BRONCO FOOTBALL!!!!

Any day now the Back To School sales will be all over the place..blah!

pnbronco
06-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah....that really is not that far away....yeah!

LTC Pain
06-26-2012, 01:20 PM
CYA at the afternoon practice on Friday, 27 July. Woot!

Anyone in Colorado Springs is welcome to come along. Double woot!

GEM
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I usually don't hit up training camp, but I am going with my boys, my dad and my brother in law.....too much testosterone. :laugh: I will be hitting up the scrimmage of course. My brother in law is a Colts fan, so he is going for the Peyton Manning sighting. BUT....I think by the end of this season he will be a converted Bronco fan!:D

Rick
06-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I am thinking about going to 1 or 2 this year. I have never been to one before nor have I gone to a game. 2 + hour drive 1 way for me.

Is the scrimmage at Mile high free as well?

pnbronco
06-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I am thinking about going to 1 or 2 this year. I have never been to one before nor have I gone to a game. 2 + hour drive 1 way for me.

Is the scrimmage at Mile high free as well?

The scrimmage is free. Just check the web sites about the practices, ours and the Main Bronco one. Every year they seem to close one up to the public or just have meetings. Carol has been great about hearing this and posting it on our site.

Also remember that seating is limited, esp with the first few you might want to get there early if you can.

Rick
07-19-2012, 04:02 PM
A few guys from work and I are planning on rolling down for one. One of the co workers is getting all nerdy about us going down in his rv and doing a tailgate thing...

Has anyone gone to the scrimmage at the stadium? is that better than the practices or worse because your in the seats and viewing not as good then?

SR
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I usually don't hit up training camp, but I am going with my boys, my dad and my brother in law.....too much testosterone. :laugh: I will be hitting up the scrimmage of course. My brother in law is a Colts fan, so he is going for the Peyton Manning sighting. BUT....I think by the end of this season he will be a converted Bronco fan!:D

Gem, it's "Coats"

Ziggy
07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll be going to a training camp practice and to the scrimmage. I don't think I've been this excited to see a training camp practice since 97.

SR
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I want to come down there for a practice or a game or something.

underrated29
07-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Its better and worse rick.

Its better because at dove valley, there is less parking and no beverages. Also there are two fields a close one and an away fieild it is hard to see the action on the away field. At invesco there is no away field so it makes it easier in that regard.

But I like it better at dove. You are literally 3ft from the sidelines and can really see the players and hear them and everything else. I have another employee that I hired, which means I should be able to get to a lot more TCs this summer. P- I know where you will be, I will keep in touch and let you know which ones I plan to go to.

Mr. Pro Bowl
07-19-2012, 04:42 PM
yup, can't wait. Look for the guy wearing the Hawaiian shirt...lol

pnbronco
07-19-2012, 11:07 PM

Its better because at dove valley, there is less parking and no beverages. Also there are two fields a close one and an away fieild it is hard to see the action on the away field. At invesco there is no away field so it makes it easier in that regard.

But I like it better at dove. You are literally 3ft from the sidelines and can really see the players and hear them and everything else. I have another employee that I hired, which means I should be able to get to a lot more TCs this summer. P- I know where you will be, I will keep in touch and let you know which ones I plan to go to.

You bet. I'm not going to CA for the show I kept going back and forth on. Just did not want to miss anything this camp.

Have been in Tahoe this week, I am already sun burn, could be a interesting time....

shank
07-20-2012, 06:06 AM

let me know which you'll be hitting up. i'm off from the 30th to the 4th and will hit up 1 or 2 TCs and the one at Invesco.

Nomad
07-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Holy smokes the summer sure goes by fast. The best consolation to the end of summer is FOOTBALL!!! Well, more specifically BRONCO FOOTBALL!!!!

Any day now the Back To School sales will be all over the place..blah!

Yes....summer has gone by too damn fast. I received my "subscribe again" email from the NFL.com for the preseason games. Kids start school Aug 22....my boys have a football camp next week then followed by 2-days the following week and baseball is still ongoing.

Only thing that sucks is I start the 8:00pm-6:30am shift on Aug 20....not looking forward to that. But I'm looking forward to some BRONCOS football.

Mike
07-20-2012, 10:10 AM
About how early do you have to get there?

Italianmobstr7
07-20-2012, 01:55 PM

Great question. Some friends & I are going on July 28th & I haven't ever been to TC at Dove Valley, only in Greeley when I was a kid. Not sure how early I need to be there to get a decent view of things..

Ziggy
07-20-2012, 02:53 PM

Last year my son and I got there about an hour before practice. Regardless of when you get there, you'll get a good view of it, but we went early to get a rare shady spot. There are only a few places to sit and have shade. Keep in mind that Manning wasn't here last year either.

underrated29
07-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Great question. Some friends & I are going on July 28th & I haven't ever been to TC at Dove Valley, only in Greeley when I was a kid. Not sure how early I need to be there to get a decent view of things..

At least 1 hour before.

BroncoJoe
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
I may have to sneak out of work and catch some of this. I'm less than 2 miles from Dove Valley.

NightTerror218
07-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Yes....summer has gone by too damn fast. I received my "subscribe again" email from the NFL.com for the preseason games. Kids start school Aug 22....my boys have a football camp next week then followed by 2-days the following week and baseball is still ongoing.

Only thing that sucks is I start the 8:00pm-6:30am shift on Aug 20....not looking forward to that. But I'm looking forward to some BRONCOS football.

Nomad, you fish yet?? I dipnetted last weekend. Very good outcome.

broncos4lyfe1974
07-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Well its almost about that time nfl redzone here we come man I wish me and my family live in denver watching it on tv is ok but I heard aint nothing like watcking it in person go broncos!!!!!!!!

Rick
07-25-2012, 03:39 PM
The people from work that I was going to be coming down with this Saturday to the practice have bailed as things came up, but I think I may still make the trek anyway.

LTC Pain
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm attending the Friday afternoon practice. Anyone from the Springs attending can carpool with me :)

underrated29
07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
im going tomorrow morning. Im sure it will be packed with a bunch of idiots. I dont care. Im going and I plan to go a lot next week as well. Ballen!

Italianmobstr7
07-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Last year my son and I got there about an hour before practice. Regardless of when you get there, you'll get a good view of it, but we went early to get a rare shady spot. There are only a few places to sit and have shade. Keep in mind that Manning wasn't here last year either.

At least 1 hour before.

Thanks guys!

Rick
07-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm at camp right now. Pretty cool experiance. If anyone wants to say high im the guy in the broncos cap :)

MOtorboat
07-28-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm at camp right now. Pretty cool experiance. If anyone wants to say high im the guy in the broncos cap :)

I once sat behind a guy at a Nebraska game that spent 20 minutes on the phone during the game, and he had two descriptions of where he was: "I'm in section ____ and I'm wearing a red hat."